Combinations for Travel/Stay away from place of birth

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
explorings
Donor
Donor
Combinations for Travel/Stay away from place of birth

Post by explorings » 11 Dec 2011

Here are few astrological Indicators for travel/stay away from place of birth:

Combinations for travel/stay in a land away from place of birth is indicated from 7, 9, and 12th house and their lords. Combinations with 3rd house lord indicates short journeys.

1. Travel is indicated in dasha and/or bhukti of the planets owning these houses or planets placed in these houses.
2. Dasha/bhukti of planets associated with moon.
3. If the 7, 9, or 12th house or their lords fall in movable signs like Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn or water signs like Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces, then there is a possibility of travel overseas.
4. If the sign is not a movable or water sign, then short-travels are more likely.
5. Transits of planets like Saturn, Jupiter, or Rahu through theses houses indicate short travels.
6. Transit of Saturn over natal Sun. However, such travels are usually troublesome.
7. Rahu is an indicator of foreign travel and if a person is going through Rahu Mahadasha, chances of travel away from your place of birth is high. After this is Jupiter and Saturn MD, which also facilitate foreign travel. If these planets are connected to 7, 9, or 12th house then prolong stay away from place of birth is high.
8. Malefic influence on 12th house makes a person wander from place to place.
9. Sun positioned in 7, 9, or 12th influences journeys.
10. Association of 7th house lord with 9th or 12th house/lord indicates settling in a foreign country.
11. A chart showing majority of these combinations indicates a one way ticket to settling away from place of birth.
12. Association of Venus with these houses indicates a pleasant travel whereas association of 6th or 8th lords or Mars indicates difficulties and/or accidents.

Motive of travel:
1. If the 4th lord is in 12th or if they associated with each other, then chances of residence away from place of birth is high. For such a native living away from place of birth is more auspicious.
2. 4th or 5th house or lord associated with 7, 9, or 12th house/lord indicates travel for education.
3. Association of 2nd, 10th or 11th with 9th and 12th house/lord indicates work or business related travel.
4. Pilgrimages or religious travel is usually influenced by 9th house/lord and association with Jupiter or Sun.
5. 12th house is exile or permanent abandonment

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combinations for Travel/Stay away from place of birth

Post by Saindhavi » 11 Dec 2011

Thanks Explorings, for that comprehensive list!

I would like to add the following -

If 4th house is strong, the native can't stay abroad for long or will face problems while staying abroad.

Apart from Rahu, Jupiter, Moon and Venus are also signifiers of foreign travel and residence.

If Rahu is malefic in 12h, 7th or 9th, the person will want to go abroad, but will make wrong plans and will go with difficulty and will also change places of residence, places of work or education and will face difficulties abroad.

Benefic Rahu in Lagna, 7th, 9h or 12th leads to benefic travel or residence abroad.

Foreign travel and residence during Jupiter gives better results than during non-benefic Rahu.

A benefic and strong Jupiter in 10th house can lead to residence abroad for work.

Essentially, Rahu leads a native abroad "in delusion," while Jupiter leads him abroad for benefic effects.

Saturn's association or aspect with 12th can help to settle in Western countries.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 11 Dec 2011

Dear Explorings,

My 12th lord is in my 4th house along with the lagna lord, which is why I left India at a very early age. Been settled in the US for 20 years now.

Dec 19 1983 2:15 AM Navsari INdia.

Thanks!
Smile

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 11 Dec 2011

That's an interesting discussion. Of the numerous occasions I got opportunities to travel/stay abroad on studies and work, I have always come back to Maharashtra - my place of birth. Any insights?
My birth details : 29th August 1974, 19:10 hours, Ambarnath (Maharashtra)

Thanks, NK

abhishek
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abhishek » 12 Dec 2011

Nice Thread explorings!

What if lagna lord is placed in 12th house with 12th lord?

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 12 Dec 2011

Neelkumar,

I told you earlier your Rahu is malefic in house of career and status. Apart from creating enemies at work, it takes you abroad in elusive pursuit of staying there long term, but brings you back again, because it is malefic.

Vidhyanine,

I feel it's not so much your 12h Lord in 4th, but well-placed Rahu in 9th, along with exalted Moon. this kind of Rahu would lead the native abroad for long term stay, rather than keeping him in delusion of settling abroad.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 12 Dec 2011

Saindhavi ji, sometimes mirages in a desert cheer me up for a while.
:-(
NK
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 12 Dec 2011

abhishek wrote:Nice Thread explorings!

Dasha/bhukti of lagna lord will influence travel. Try to check for other combinations too.

explorings
Donor
Donor

neelkumar wrote:That's an interesting discussion. Of the numerous occasions I got opportunities to travel/stay abroad on studies and work, I have always come back to Maharashtra - my place of birth. Any insights?
My birth details : 29th August 1974, 19:10 hours, Ambarnath (Maharashtra)

Thanks, NK

Jupiter MD may take you away from place of birth. LL Jupiter in 12th also aspects your 4th house and Saturn placed in it. However, Ju is retro... so don't expect results immediately, also it is in kumbh rasi, so extreme patience is reqd. Jupiter will soon transit in your 3rd and later 4th house over your natal Saturn, travel is on cards, though it won't be long term.

Rahu is debilitated in 9th house and is malefic... short but troublesome travels due to rahu may be possible.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

explorings wrote:Jupiter will soon transit in your 3rd and later 4th house over your natal Saturn, travel is on cards
Thanks, can you tell when this transit may happen?

explorings
Donor
Donor

Jupiter transits are for one year and transit in 3rd house begins in May 2012

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks..keeping fingers crossed and prayers in my heart! :-)

chinni

Post by chinni » 12 Dec 2011

Hello Explorings,

My son details are
17/09/1996.
time 17.44 hrs
place vijayawada, India.

My son came to U K in 2003 May. He is studying here in a selective school. He is British Citizen and is there any chance to come back and settle in India after finishing his education or he will permanently settle in foreign country. Because we are coming back to India after his graduation.Please tell me about this .

regards
Chinni

abhishek
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abhishek » 12 Dec 2011

explorings wrote:

Dasha/bhukti of lagna lord will influence travel. Try to check for other combinations too.
1. lagna lord/10L mercury is placed in 12th house with 12th lord sun and ketu.

2. 4/7 lord jupiter is placed in 9th house.

3. saturn retro in 4th therefore aspecting 12th.

I am running jupiter mahadasha since june 2008.... saturn antardasha started in may 2010 and since then i am feeling trapped in my home and desperately looking for a way out.I am trying for a job away from my birth place but so far no luck.Any insights would be helpful.Thanks!

18 August 1988, 10:10 am,Longitude- 75:50E, Latitude- 26:53N, Male
Last edited by abhishek on 13 Dec 2011, edited 2 times in total.
If one accepts that whatsoever is happening is as per God's will or Cosmic law then there will not be any complaint or frustration with life. But this acceptance will also come to us as per God's will. - Ramesh Balsekar

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 12 Dec 2011

Vidhyanine,

I feel it's not so much your 12h Lord in 4th, but well-placed Rahu in 9th, along with exalted Moon. this kind of Rahu would lead the native abroad for long term stay, rather than keeping him in delusion of settling abroad.
Thanks Sandhivi!!

What do you mean by delusion of settling abroad?

Vidhya
Smile

explorings
Donor
Donor

vidhyanine wrote:Dear Explorings,

My 12th lord is in my 4th house along with the lagna lord, which is why I left India at a very early age. Been settled in the US for 20 years now.

Dec 19 1983 2:15 AM Navsari INdia.

Thanks!

You have several combinations:
- 12L in 4th house with LL, living away from your place of birth is auspicious for you.
- Rahu exalted with moon in 9th house
- 7L, Jupiter placed in water sign aspected by Moon and Rahu
- Exalted Saturn's aspects 12th lord
- Exalted Saturn with 9L, Venus, which is placed in own house.
- Current Dasha of exalted Rahu, followed by Jupiter and then Saturn.

Navamsa too shows a lot of indicators:
- exalted Sun and Venus in 9th house.
- Jupiter and Saturn in water sign
- Rahu in 12th.

Thus, see (11), you will be permanently settling away from your place of birth.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Explorings,

I am getting Aquarius Lagna for Neelkumar and that's how I have been reading his chart all this while - I'm using Chitrapaksha Ayanansha i.e., Lahiri.

Vidhyanine,

Going abroad in itself is not always good in the long run. Some people go abroad and benefit from it, while others go abroad in the hope of doing well, but they face problems in finding work and keeping their visa active and have to keep on enrolling in different courses just in order to keep on staying there. Others find jobs, but not to their satisfaction. Some are forced to do jobs much below their qualifications. Still others get misguided and change courses in the hope of finding the degree that will give them the best settlement abroad, leaving their primary discipline for which they went abroad. All this really wastes their potential, time and energy. Those who finish their education easily and in the shortest time possible, easily find the job of their satisfaction and get the permanent residency without much problems are helped by Jupiter, Venus and Moon or by a benefic Rahu in some or other manner. The rest of people described above are being misled by Rahu's Maya (delusion), who takes them abroad but keeps them in the delusion of settling abroad.

Rahu's primary power is to create delusions. He is known as Mayavi - one who creates delusions and Danavamantri - councillor for Danavas, who could create delusions at will. When Rahu is benefic, he gives you the wisdom to devise the best strategy for yourself, so that you can achieve your goals without much problems and nullify your rivals easily. You are one such fortunate person who has a benefic Rahu in matters of going and settling abroad.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

explorings
Donor
Donor

DEL
Last edited by explorings on 12 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

ohh Saindhaviji, I am getting Pisces lagna for Neelkumar. NK plz confirm.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Explorings,

Aquarius Lagna, 18.04 degrees, Shatabhisha Nakshatra 4th pada - using Lahiri.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

explorings
Donor
Donor

Neelkumar plz confirm if your lagna is aquarius or pisces.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

explorings wrote:Neelkumar plz confirm if your lagna is aquarius or pisces.
It's Aquarius (Kumbha) lagna. Makar Rashi.
Attached is my lagna chart for ease!

Thanks,
NK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

s_bman

Post by s_bman » 12 Dec 2011

thanks explorings for such well written post

lot of points you mentioned are in my chart
7L in 11h
10L in 12
4L exchange with 11L
RAHU md ad
9L IN 2 libra

but still no opportunity to work overseas

regards
s_bman
12 sept 1978
07:45
aligarh up

roy_debraj1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roy_debraj1 » 12 Dec 2011

Hi explorings...Nice and informative post..

I have 7 th and 12 th lord exalted in 9th house and 9 th lord exalted in 6th house aspecting 12 th house..

But still i have not got any opportunity to work abroad..My details are

DOB-02.12.1982
time-17;20
place-asansol(West Bengal)

Thanks,
Debraj...

chinni

Post by chinni » 12 Dec 2011

chinni wrote:Hello Explorings,

My son details are
17/09/1996.
time 17.44 hrs
place vijayawada, India.

My son came to U K in 2003 May. He is studying here in a selective school. He is British Citizen and is there any chance to come back and settle in India after finishing his education or he will permanently settle in foreign country. Because we are coming back to India after his graduation.Please tell me about this .

regards
Chinni
Hello Explorings and Saindhavi,

Can you check my son's chart and tell about his stay either in London or in India.

regards
Chinni.