Rahu Mahadasha - Experience and how remedies are helping me

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 12 Oct 2011

If you wish to post or ask a query on this thread, please read here: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 74#p130374

I have promised a lot of people to write about my Ra-MD and how remedies helped me to some extent.

My Ra MD started at a very young age, immediately after completing my Engg in India…
They say Ra MD teaches you so many harsh truths of life and that it can completely transforms you, especially if Ra is placed inimically in your chart. This is my experience of how Ra MD helped me to decipher the true meaning of life.

Lifestyle before the start of Ra MD: eating non-veg just 11-12 times in a year, so almost a veggie. No alcohol, non-smoking, and too much into healthy lifestyle

Couple of facts about my Ra placement: Ra in 12th house along with 7th lord (Jupiter) and Mars. Jupiter hemmed between Ra and Mars.

As many of you know by now that I am obsessed with Rahu. Ra MD causes unnecessary obsession. The power of this Node continues to fascinate me immensely.

Not until recently did I realize the true nature of this Node. I have almost read each and every article published online or in books about it. This is another important fact about Ra MD, you start learning occult or other mystical sciences like astrology. Another typical aspect about Rahu is curiosity, uneasiness, unsatisfied desire to achieve something more in material world context. Rahu creates this illusion that you need/want to seek a particular idea or pursue a particular plan/person. However, usually such an illusion is not in the best of the native. Yet the insatiable desire for the object/idea persists.

I had not started on any remedies, till my Rahu started throwing me all over and leaving me alone in nowhere, only then I realized that it is best to do some remedies to calm it. Some of the events that I experienced are classical examples of what one undergoes during Ra MD.

For remedies: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 11&t=12115
and also, http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 11&t=12129

Here are few events… I don’t blame it all on poor Ra but these are some of the common experiences
that people undergoing troublesome Ra MD face
Last edited by explorings on 01 Sep 2012, edited 4 times in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Ra MD with Ra Antardasha (AD) (~3 years) + Sade Satti/SS: (No remedies done for Ra or SS)
- Ra takes you away from your native place... to top it mine was in 12th house which indicates foreign travels

Got first job in software (Dec 2001) in bangalore. Dissatisfied. Left job. Joined another job in a leading computer firm (was confused before joining) back in home town Mumbai. Left job within 5 months as the field was completely unrelated to my Engg background. Cheated by my boss and did not get paid for last month. Got all rejects from all univs. Took another job in Surat (in my field of engg), which was 5 hrs one way from Mumbai and I use to visit home over weekends whether in Bangalore or in Surat. Then I got promoted and an insane travel schedule started all over India. Decided to leave the job in Surat and got another job in Mumbai in my field of engg and a good MNC and not much travel. Probably, a dream job now to think about it. I was extremely happy. I started negotiations with HR. Before, I could accept it got 2 admits in good univs. Declined job offer and within 2-3 weeks I left the country to pursue grad studies. Twice I was thrown in complete new states, no friends, no families. When I finally got my dream job in same city about 10 mins walking distance from my house, Rahu gave me my most awaited dream of grad studies.

New country, no family, no friends. 12th Rahu with Mars can cause confinement as well as loneliness at times. Had several financial losses due to roommate (who ran away to India, without paying rent; cheated by close friends/relatives); scholarship at stake. Finally, had to change the university itself in a similar/better program and full scholarship. Roommate never came back from India. Changed house in 1 week. Working 3 on-campus part time jobs, performing excellently in studies to maintain scholarship, and working on research thesis. Merely sleeping for 3-4 hrs in a day. Met a new guy out of nowhere. Long distance relationship in US. Decided marriage in a yr. Changed house. Guy breaks off abruptly.

I also had lot of health issues including a relapse of Chicken pox, which is extremely rare.

(Place of residence changed 4 times; career (education as well as job) choices changed 6 times; two platonic relationships both ended abruptly; Sick for couple of months; Complete Vegetarian; Roommate duped... financial loss; worked extremely hard). By the way, roommate was a family friend’s daughter so there was no reason to get cheated.
Last edited by explorings on 12 Oct 2011, edited 8 times in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Ra MD with Jupiter AD (~2.5 years) + SS - last phase: (Started partial remedies mid-way)

Landlord asked us to leave the new place abruptly after 5 months; Changed residence after 5 months (end of semester after finals). Gave a friend a place to stay temporary who ended up staying permanently without helping much in rent. Graduated Masters and joined PhD immediately. Place of residence changed (moved to a different state)

Did Kal Sarpa Shanti and started fasting on Saturdays (no onion and garlic consumption on Saturday)

Became a complete non-vegetarian. Roommate decided to move with her bf. Lost that month’s rent. Got a new roommate who lost her job and project after 6 months and moved back to india. Got a new roommate at the very last minute (unnecessary mental tensions and anxieties). Short foreign trips and leisure trips.

(Place of residence changed 2 times; Complete Non-Vegetarian; Roommate duped… financial loss; constant mental agony and tensions due to coping with PhD studies and finding new roommate).

By far, still the best phase in Ra MD… now to think about it! Career wise, it gave me lots and lots of opportunities.
Last edited by explorings on 12 Oct 2011, edited 2 times in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Ra MD with Saturn AD (~3 years) + Saturn Dhaiya (2.5 yrs):
(Remedy: Saturday fast only. I was suggested to read Kunjika Stotram, Shani Path, and Rahu Mantra… I conveniently ignored all except for Saturday fast)

Roommate lost job and fought with her husband decided not to pay rent accused me for
harassment. Changed residence abruptly within a week, as I couldn’t pay the entire rent and didn't want to be stuck with crazy lady. Lost rent for two months. New residence was very far from univ… almost 2 busses and 1 train. Changed residence at the end of semester. Break off in a serious relationship. (Mental distress) (Cheated by friends/close relatives)

Met with an accident… lost car somehow I came unstrached. (Financial loss; unnecessary court cases for reckless driving and damage to lamppost/public property). Got car back after 5 months after repairs. Met another accident for no fault of mine, while helping two newbie students find an apartment. Someone banged into my parked car (maybe while parallel parking), hit and run court case... till I got tired and dismissed it.

Started Remedies: Lighting lemon diyas (with ghee) during Rahu Kalam and Lemon diyas with mustard oil on Saturdays.

No accidents since then and to date (touch wood)

PhD project changed after 1 yr of research. (Mental agony and tensions); I was about to quit PhD and start a job. Starting all over again on a completely new project was extremely frustrating, almost a waste of 2 yrs of work... which also means will take a looong time to complete PhD.

After 1 year met another guy through parents for arrange marriage; Engagement was almost going to take place; But No India vacation was allowed by mentor. Did not go to India for almost 4 yrs. Broke off with Guy 4 due to immigration issues; guy was still in touch with ex and she wanted to move-in with him and worse he was asking for my permission. Parents tried to patch up but I refused due to past experience (Cheated by friends/close relatives)... Shani gives clear cut separations... no "IFs" no "BUTs" and helps you prioritize your life. I had to concentrate on my new project to graduate from PhD. Of course, mentor refused to let me graduate so soon.

Remedies: Saturday fast, lighting lemon diyas, and Shiva Abhishek.

Career success through my research finally was the fastest PhD graduate. Got 4 job offers before I graduated during the toughest economy 2008/9. Changed residence due to parking issues. Got into lot of issues with univ staff for clearing my immigration, which happened after a lot of vetting (Mental agony and tensions)

(Place of residence changed 3 times; Complete Non-Vegetarian; extreme and constant mental agony
and tensions due to coping with PhD studies and separation of near one). Worst phase… absolutely no mental peace at given time! Some mental peace through remedies. I still feel remedies saved me or else I would have been a classical "Absent-minded/Nutcase scientist"
Last edited by explorings on 12 Oct 2011, edited 3 times in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Ra MD with Lagna Lord Mercury AD (~3 years):

(Remedy: Saturday fast, lighting lemon diyas, and Shiva Abhishek. I was suggested to read Durga SS Path, Kunjika Stotram, Shani Path, and Rahu Mantra… I conveniently ignored them)

Joined a good company. Went to India after 4 long years. Short foreign trips with sis and bro, finally re-united with family; Job satisfaction – complete. Some relief after the deadly Ra-Sat dasha, I thought remedies were working till Rahu started creating havoc again. Research projects lost funding. Company went through downsizing and re-organization due to economy and presumed depression. Got deployed in a new team. Got married and stayed with husband for just 5 days as I had to join new team. Marital discord after 2 months in a long distance marriage. Husband refused to meet or talk (Mental agony/tension)

Further Remedies: Durga Saptashati Path, Kunjika Stotra and recitation of Rahu Beej Mantra.

Immigration issues created by hubby. Hubby blind-sided with a divorce petition. Still trying for reconciliation

Started with all the remedies just in a desperate need for mental peace and to save marriage.

(Place of residence changed 2 times; Complete Vegetarian; extreme and constant mental agony and tensions; coping with marital discord and separation of near one; Changed job teams: 3).

I am looking for remedies more to give me strength to face Ra MD Ketu AD and in general my Ra MD. The literature says that usually it is similar to Ra MD Ra AD, which was a complete chaos career as well as personal relationship wise.

You know how at times, a virus/bacteria undergoes transformation and the drug would suddenly stop working on it. I believe Rahu also undergoes something similar. Just when you find some solace and peace and you feel the remedies will protect you from Rahu's havoc, it comes back with sudden, shocking, life-alterring events that you would never imagine. So I feel, you need to keep changing or adding more remedies ;) (JK)

“Remedies come to you only if you are destined to benefit”… yes, they did come to me, yet time and
time, I ignored them completely.... until I realized what Ra MD was doing to me.
Last edited by explorings on 12 Oct 2011, edited 4 times in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

To summarize:
12th Rahu will always keep you on a move... it will never let you settle in a place/job for a really long time.

No. of jobs changed in Ra MD: 3 (while in India --> left abroad for further studies); 4 (3 as student + current 1 one where I changed 3 teams already due to re-org)
No. of countries changed/visited: 6
No. of houses changed: (before leaving India, I worked for a year and I was always touring for job purposes in India) and 8 houses in 8 years in this country

Other effects:
- Constantly cheated/back stabbed by close friends, relatives, in relationships, etc.
- Health issues.
- Huge financial losses
- Constant mental tensions/worries/anxieties
- Unnecessary Litigations
- Career wise it was good... personal front terrible.

I guess I have bashed "Rahu" enough for the past few months. But, I still believe Jupiter and Mercury sub-periods were my saving graces. Shani controlled my haywire Rahu and structured my life to get my priorities straightened out.
Last edited by explorings on 13 Oct 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rahu Mahadasha - Experience and how remedies are helping

Post by Saindhavi » 12 Oct 2011

Shifted from Sadhe Sati thread -

Well, I have gone through 18 years of Rahu Mahadasha already. I have always travelled and love travelling, so don't consider it as a disadvantage. When I'm in one place for a long time, I begin to feel stagnated.

My Rahu-Rahu was neither good nor bad. I don't remember it as a special period in any way. There were some problems in studies because of travelling and I didn't have many friends. I faced emotional anxieties without any explicable reason - had a good family environment, no shortage of money, was good in studies, but still I faced unjustified fears, anxieties and misconceptions about people - a typical trait of Rahu. Most of the time I lived in an imagined world of my own and didn't interact much with people. Rahu gave me illusions during its first stage.

Rahu-Jupiter coincided with the beginning of my 1st Sadhe Sati. It was actually good - My stagnation of 3 years ended, I moved again and was happy for it! I wrote elsewhere that my entire period of Sadhe Sati didn't give me much trouble - I have a partially combust Saturn. I was financially well-off in Rahu-Jupiter and did very well in my studies.

On personal front - met some bad people who stabbed me in the back and cheated me. I came across a woman who acted as my friend, but plotted to steal things from me and gossiped about me behind my back. I came across some hooligans who tried to extract money out of me. So, materialistically, it was a good period, but during Rahu-Jupiter period I began to realise there are bad people in this world who come as friends and stab us in the back. However, my Jupiter protected me in the end and I came out of it safe and sound and with laurels in education! 8)

Rahu-Saturn - I moved again to a well-known institution and was happy for it. Though looking back, I feel perhaps it would have been better not to come to this place - I got stuck there for the entire period of Rahu. Strangely, since Rahu-Saturn, my travelling minimised, which I didn't like very much, being a born traveller. :evil: In education, I was good always and Rahu-Saturn didn't give me much trouble in this area. I had friendship with people from all over the world! 8) Rahu denotes foreign lands and foreigners. In fact, I have always had more friends in foreign countries than in India since my Rahu-Saturn days.

This was the period when I began to make wrong decisions about future plans. Now that I look back at it, I realise that I planned my life in a very wrong manner at this stage. I had all opportunities before me and if I had used them to their fullest extent, I had been much better off than where I am today. But I utilised only about 40% of the kind of opportunities I got - stagnation came not only in the form of minimisation of travelling, but also in terms of not planning and moving in future correctly.

During Rahu-Saturn, I was also seriously ill several times - something unusual for me. But Jupiter brought me out of it safe and sound. In every small period of Jupiter, my problems got solved and I never sank in the vortex of misery.

I began to have severe depression for no apparent reason. I was in a good place, my materialistic comforts were taken care of, in education I was good. I had friends from different countries now. But I would go into depression imagining the worst for myself. I also trusted some people who were not reliable. I understood only much later that I shouldn't have trusted them. Some of my colleagues again came as friends but had the intention of using me for their own good. I was manipulated many times.

However, when I look back at it, I realise that all those people who manipulated me, are not better off than me. I have done things they have not done. I never wished them ill, always tried to do good. But each one of them ended up having a misfortune in life. One of them died a violent death very young, after giving me trouble for 7 years of Rahu Mahadasha.

For some unknown reason, this has always happened in my case. During Rahu Mahadasha, I met many people who plotted against me and stabbed me in the back. I never wished them ill. I feel it's not good to wish someone ill, even if s/he does us harm. But ultimately every person who plotted against me, suffered at some stage, without my doing anything about it. Perhaps my Jupiter looks after me well.

So, this is the account of Rahu Mahadasha till Rahu-Saturn. I feel during this period, my problems were more of a personal, intellectual and emotional nature than of materialistic or physical nature.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Recreated from link -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 314#p94330

by explorings » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:22 am
Saindhavi wrote:
Explorings,

My Rahu-Rahu was neither good nor bad. I don't remember it as a special period in any way. There were some problems in studies because of travelling and I didn't have many friends. I faced emotional anxieties without any explicable reason - had a good family environment, no shortage of money, was good in studies, but still I faced unjustified fears, anxieties and misconceptions about people - a typical trait of Rahu.

I was financially well-off in Rahu-Jupiter and did very well in my studies.

On personal front - met some bad people who stabbed me in the back and cheated me.

Rahu-Saturn - I moved again to a well-known institution and was happy for it. Though looking back, I feel perhaps it would have been better not to come to this place - I got stuck there for the entire period of Rahu. Strangely, since Rahu-Saturn, my travelling minimised, which I didn't like very much, being a born traveller.

This was the period when I began to make wrong decisions about future plans.

During Rahu-Saturn, I was also seriously ill several times - something unusual for me. But Jupiter brought me out of it safe and sound. In every small period of Jupiter, my problems got solved and I never sank in the vortex of misery.

I began to have severe depression for no apparent reason. I was in a good place, my materialistic comforts were taken care of, in education I was good. I had friends from different countries now. But I would go into depression imagining the worst for myself. I also trusted some people who were not reliable. I understood only much later that I shouldn't have trusted them. Some of my colleagues again came as friends but had the intention of using me for their own good. I was manipulated many times.

However, when I look back at it, I realise that all those people who manipulated me, are not better off than me. I have done things they have not done. I never wished them ill, always tried to do good. But each one of them ended up having a misfortune in life.

For some unknown reason, this has always happened in my case. During Rahu Mahadasha, I met many people who plotted against me and stabbed me in the back. I never wished them ill. I feel it's not good to wish someone ill, even if s/he does us harm. But ultimately every person who plotted against me, suffered at some stage, without my doing anything about it. Perhaps my Jupiter looks after me well.

So, this is the account of Rahu Mahadasha till Rahu-Saturn. I feel during this period, my problems were more of a personal, intellectual and emotional nature than of materialistic or physical nature.
Dear Saindhaviji:

I can see a pattern.... I have marked in red what I too experienced and strangely in the same period. For eg., I too made absolutely no travels during my Ra-Saturn and prior to that I was all over the world.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Explorings,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and remedies for each period.

Your comment about Rahu as a virus which mutates unexpectedly is very apt! :D

Rahu and Ketu are impersonators. And especially Rahu is said to manifest in many secret and unexpected forms and chage forms at will - remember, he is "Danava-Mantri" - a master strategist for the Danavas who had the power to change their forms at will in the ancient mythology. Viruses are also related to Rahu. :)

The aspect of people coming to me as reliable friends and suddenly turning into enemies, plotting behind my back and stabbing me continued throughout my Rahu Mahadasha and even into Jupiter period, though in Jupiter period its degree and frequency is much less and it doesn't cause me serious harm.

Here is my Rahu - Mercury experience - For the first time in my life, I knew shortage of money. I had enough to pay for my needs, but never more and never for living a life of comforts. My asthma also aggravated during this period and I had some severe attacks - but I have chronic asthma since birth, only during Rahu-Mercury I had some very serious attacks. Education was good, topped in my class. But anxiety about career prospects and conflicts with family increased at this time. No effort I took in the direction of future career materialised.

In contrast to this, during my Jupiter-Mercury, I lived virtually a royal lifestyle and made some achievements in my career. So, my Mercury in itself is not bad.

I must add here that you were lucky to get remedies during Rahu Mahadasha.

Till I reached the end of Rahu-Sun period, I didn't know astrology, didn't want to know about it, didn't care about it and wasn't even much religious. I didn't even know my time of birth.

However, by the end of Rahu-Sun period, the aspect of people stabbing in my back and my personal life reached such a low depth that I was almost like a vegetable, in a severe depression, feeling as if the world had ended and my research about to be discontinued because of the severe emotional problems I faced.

It was at this time that I asked my mother for my time of birth and sought some astrologers.

Just as the remedies come to us only when we are destined to benefit from them, a right astrological reading also comes to us only when we are destined to get it.

Without mentioning name, I went to a world-renowned astrologer, who is a leading name. He looked at my chart and refused to believe that this was my chart - without even asking me who I was and what I was doing, to correlate with what he saw in my chart!

Finally, I found an astrologer who read my chart and told me I was going through Rahu Mahadasha. By this time Rahu-Sun was over and Rahu-Moon had started.

I had some strange psychic experiences at this time. I saw some dreams where a divine woman told me to worship Durga. I asked an astrologer and he said since I was going through Rahu, I should get Durga Saptashti recital done with a homam.

But, by the time I found a learned priest to do this, Rahu Mahadasha was over. I got this done anyway.

My Jupiter Mahadasha turned the sinking ship around, helped me to finish my research and gave me a very good life.

In the computer chart I made, it said my Rahu's power is 99%.

Perhaps that's why I didn't get a right astrological reading, nor the remedy for Rahu when I needed it the most.

Anyway, Rahu Mahadasha taught me how the world functions and how many types of strategies people use to get ahead by trampling others. It also taught me never to trust in any human blindly.

I don't have much faith in humanity now.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

s_bman

Post by s_bman » 13 Oct 2011

hi explorings

my rahu md with rahu ad strated sept 2009
quite an eventfull till now
relationship with wife suffered major blow
financial troubles not over till now

doing mediocre job with no sign of improvement
wife had torrid pregnancy bedridden for almost last trimester( preterm labor) and developed diabetes
daughter was born preterm(l month) didnt cried ,shifted to icu on ventilator
i hd to leave my practice to help in taking care of my child
all support system including parents,siblings, friends didnt helped at all (or it seemed so)
funny though some help was given by almost strangers

faced lot of insults by hands of people close to me

stress levels were too much

electrronic items at my place were going bonkers one after other(sounds funny but it happened)

s_bman

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 13 Oct 2011

Saindhavi wrote:Explorings,

I had some strange psychic experiences at this time. I saw some dreams where a divine woman told me to worship Durga. I asked an astrologer and he said since I was going through Rahu, I should get Durga Saptashti recital done with a homam.

But, by the time I found a learned priest to do this, Rahu Mahadasha was over. I got this done anyway.

Anyway, Rahu Mahadasha taught me how the world functions and how many types of strategies people use to get ahead by trampling others. It also taught me never to trust in any human blindly.

I don't have much faith in humanity now.
Dear Saindhaviji:

Wow!! I too was diagnosed with asthma (late onset) in Ra-Ra phase and had a lot of health issues. As such I am extremely healthy and never had any health-related issues. What alerted to take actions were accidents and useless litigations more than back stabbing. I guess by now I have got immune to cheating and backstabbing... every time, I just keep reminding myself that Ra is "full ON" on me.

Out of curiosity, was your Ra-Ket any better or was it even worse than Ra-Sat?

If I survive Ra MD, I am not sure if Jupiter MD will do me any good. My Ju (also 7th and 4th lord) is hemmed between malefics and in 12th... so it also acts as malefic at times. Hopefully, Ju MD is good for me and like urs it shld turn the ship arnd :) But for now I just need to survive Ra MD and try and maintain my sanity.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 13 Oct 2011

s_bman wrote:hi explorings

my rahu md with rahu ad strated sept 2009
quite an eventfull till now
relationship with wife suffered major blow
financial troubles not over till now

doing mediocre job with no sign of improvement
wife had torrid pregnancy bedridden for almost last trimester( preterm labor) and developed diabetes
daughter was born preterm(l month) didnt cried ,shifted to icu on ventilator
i hd to leave my practice to help in taking care of my child
all support system including parents,siblings, friends didnt helped at all (or it seemed so)
funny though some help was given by almost strangers

faced lot of insults by hands of people close to me

stress levels were too much

electrronic items at my place were going bonkers one after other(sounds funny but it happened)

s_bman
Start remedies. It is listed that wife may suffer or maybe ailing. There will be some financial losses, usually these losses are in the form of thefts, useless litigations, cheated by evil people, accidents, health related issues, and loss of valuables. I can't comment much on that till we know where Rahu is place in your chart and its significance.

Just light lemon diyas with ghee/mustard oil .

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 13 Oct 2011

Explorings,

Rahu - Ketu gave me viral fever several times and I secluded myself from people. I decided to concentrate on research and not socialise too much. I had this desire myself and acted upon this decision. I also began to get migraine at this time. This was a quiet and and non-interactive period of my life.

However, I have seen the charts of other natives who have got serious health problems during Rahu-Ketu. In my case, I would rate Rahu-Ketu as slightly less troublesome, and much less eventful than Rahu-Saturn. But I am a person who likes activity, so didn't like this uneventfulness in my life! :twisted:

During Rahu Mahadasha I also used to get some prophetic dreams - about future events of my life, which got fulfilled later. Only, when I saw these dreams I didn't understand these were prophetic. When those events happened later, I remembered those dreams.

Now these dreams have stopped. I wish they would continue - there is no need for astrology then, if your dreams tell you what's going to happen! :twisted:

Apart from these, I used to see two types of dreams which repeated several times - one was of black snakes in different situations - such as in a room where I was about to enter or in a pond there was a network of snakes and I was about to enter into this pond. The other was of a bandit-like person who was following me with a revolver and wanted to shoot me and I tried to escape from him. These dreams recurred several times. At that time I didn't understand what these dreams meant. Later I knew that both of these dreams were trying to convey to me that I was being pursued by Rahu.

I also want to add here - of course, through those years I had a lot of personal problems. I got into some personal situations which looked great but never materialised, the person suddenly changing completely, as usually happens in Rahu period.

It gave me a lot of unhappiness through those years. However, now when I look back at those years and analyse those situations, I realise that it was only for my own good that none of those personal prospects materialised for me. If they would have materialised, I would have been trapped very badly. In those years I didn't think this way and was unhappy. But now I am grateful to God that I faced problems, but he kept me out of falling into a life-long trap and I really thank God for this. I thank my Jupiter, who has kept me safe and sound, despite my Rahu Mahadasha and now I am able to detach myself from something I am not getting. As I said elsewhere, this wisdom comes only after some years.

From whatever you have described about your chart, it seems to me that your Jupiter is not all that malefic. It is your Jupiter who has kept you abroad and has kept you safe despite everything. Jupiter has also given you a PhD. Only, being placed with Rahu, during this Mahadasha it's not able to give you full effect. In Jupiter Mahadasha, you will do well, accumulate property and will rise in your career. Prospects of your Jupiter Mahadasha giving you rise in career are greater if you are in a job which involves research, analysis, data collection and data interpretation etc. Since you have a PhD, I guess you'll be doing such a job, so it should be fine. Of course, seeing the whole chart only one can give a proper reading, but from whatever you have described, this seems to be the logical reading.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

s_bman

Post by s_bman » 13 Oct 2011

hi explorings

rahu is lagna(virgo)

dob 12 sept 1978
07:45am
aligarh up

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 14 Oct 2011

s_bman,

Your Rahu is not malefic in the Lagna chart. This Rahu Mahadasha will give you growth in many areas and also financial gains and rise in career.

Your problems basically have arisen from Gochar (current transit).

Approximately when your Rahu Mahadasha started, Saturn moved into your Lagna in Virgo. From there it aspects your 7th house adversely, leading to problems to your wife and also in career.

Till May this year, Rahu-Ketu were on 4-10 axis in your Lagna chart and in debilitation (some say adverse signs). Problems in home and career resulted out of this. Now, till 31st October Saturn is combust. This has caused problems for many Virgo Ascendant people in many areas. Now, Ketu is malefic in your Bhagya till December next year.

When Saturn becomes exalted in Libra in mid-November, your financial and home situation will improve.

Recite Ganesha Atharvashirsha, Hanuman Chalisa and Durga Saptashati 1st chapter lighting ghee diyas for Durga everyday.

Feed bread slices to crows daily. Do regular charity to poor, orphans, handicapped and menial workers for Saturn and to mendicants for Ketu.

See link for hymns -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =75#p93038
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 14 Oct 2011

Saindhavi wrote:Explorings,

From whatever you have described about your chart, it seems to me that your Jupiter is not all that malefic. It is your Jupiter who has kept you abroad and has kept you safe despite everything. Jupiter has also given you a PhD. Only, being placed with Rahu, during this Mahadasha it's not able to give you full effect. In Jupiter Mahadasha, you will do well, accumulate property and will rise in your career. Prospects of your Jupiter Mahadasha giving you rise in career are greater if you are in a job which involves research, analysis, data collection and data interpretation etc. Since you have a PhD, I guess you'll be doing such a job, so it should be fine. Of course, seeing the whole chart only one can give a proper reading, but from whatever you have described, this seems to be the logical reading.
No offense to Jupiter, but I feel Jupiter is a functional malefic for me as I am a Virgo ascendant and to add it my Jupiter is also retrograde, hence at times it gives me delayed results. I have benefited career wise in Ra MD but personal/relationships wise it was a havoc considering Jupiter is also my 7th and 4th Lord. I also realized that my mother is also occasionally sick from the start of my dasha. As I said, if I survive Ra MD, I really hope Ju saves me :)

I use to get snakes dreams before the onset of Ra MD. As far as remember, the dream of me been trapped in a cave full of snakes was very common. Now I only see dreams of been haunted by departed spirits. I know some of them especially the ones who give me advice/opinion and some of them were just weird nightmares. Never had any psychic experiences but I feel that my intuition/premonition increased since Ra-Saturn. At times, I get this uneasy feeling or knots in my stomach, which I have seen to coincide either with my accidents, litigation, or some personal setback in my life... most of the times, the events manifested the same day within a couple of hours.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 14 Oct 2011

Exlorings,

Talking of psychic experiences and spirits, I once saw the "soul" of a living friend during Rahu Mahadasha. I saw him standing near the staircase and calling me. I went towards him and found no one there!

A little while later I met him in another part of the same building and asked him if he went near the staircase to call me. He said , no, but he was thinking of going there and calling me.

Many people say they have seen the souls of dead people, but seeing the soul of a living person who is in another part of the same building is too much! :D

Once I also heard the voice of a past school friend calling me, coming from the wall of my college hostel. The strange part was that there was another girl with me and she heard the voice too!We both ignored the incident. I'm glad not to have such experiences anymore.

Jupiter is not a friend of my Lagna and a ruler of 2 bad houses in my chart too - and hence a so-called "functional malefic" according to books, but I can say that if this Jupiter hadn't been where it is, I would have been nowhere.

Just wait till you reach Jupiter Mahadasha. You'll know Jupiter then. Right now, it's time for you to know Rahu. :)
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 14 Oct 2011

hi Friends,

I have not had a Rahu Mahadasha but certainly rahu AD. It created life changing situations for me as well.

In my Rahu AD/ Merc MD, I left India. I had no intentions of leaving India. My daughter did not even have a passport during that time. People do crazy things to migrate. For me, circumstances were created that it just happened and I was out of India within a month. Incidentally, my daughter was running rahu MD at that time- she is still running it. She has changed schools about 9 times and 5 cities since then.

Seeing snakes in dreams or live is common during Rahu periods. Also, deceit is a common thread with rahu. We both have stopped trusting people, pretty much keep to ourselves, do not extend ourselves to make friends- there is a lot of self- focus which is what rahu can do.

Careerwise, rahu periods were disastrous as Rahu in 10th house.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 15 Oct 2011

s_bman wrote:hi explorings

rahu is lagna(virgo)

dob 12 sept 1978
07:45am
aligarh up

Hey s_bman:

Yeah I particularly don't see anything bad in your Ra MD. You may face some occasional downs but that may be due to transit. Your 7th lord Jupiter is exalted in 11th house, which is good. LIke Saindhaviji pointed out the results are due to current transits of Saturn and Ra/Ke. I usually prefer to analyze transits from moon sign and I feel Jupiter, currently in your 5th house will keep your daughter protected. Malefic Ketu in Taurus (current transit) will also be protected by benefic Jupiter from May 2012. Ra is currently transiting through 12th house (house of financial losses), hence you may be facing financial/property loss. Saturn is currently in your 10th house and Mars is in 8th house of adversities, hence job loss. Saturn's current combustion in Virgo may have increased worries and stress. You may get some relief and better opportunities from November 15, 2011 when Saturn enters in exalted position. You need to take care of your health till June 2012.

Just do the upayas suggested by Saindhaviji. Lighting diyas and reciting Durga SS would be the best.

MVMV
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by MVMV » 16 Oct 2011

Hello all

I am going under AD of Rahu with MD of Moon & sade sati ... I have had skin problems for the last year or so ...

my detail:

DOB: 03-Jan-1983
Place: Jamnagar (India)
Name starts with letter "M"

Can someone please take a look at my chart & please advise how my life is in terms of health & when will I be getting married?

Thanks you

MVMV
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by MVMV » 16 Oct 2011

My correct detail:

Time: 13:07

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 16 Oct 2011

MVMV wrote:My correct detail:

Time: 13:07
Dear MVMV:

I don't feel your chart is particularly bad. Ra/Ke, Sat, and Mars are exalted in your horoscope. Health related issues may have been due to Saturn transit in Virgo. Also, last year Ra/Ke were transiting over your natal Ke/Ra. This is termed as a half cycle return of Ra/Ke. The problems due to Ra AD may have surfaced around that time. You may have also noticed that some relief was obtained from June 2011 onwards when the Ra/Ke moved to Scorpio/Taurus position. Saturn will be transiting over your natal & exalted Saturn in November 2011. You may see benefits and/or undertake additional from November 2011 both professional as well as personal front.

For now, just recite Hanuman Chalisa and Dasaratha Sani Stotra.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 16 Oct 2011

Hina wrote:hi Friends,

I have not had a Rahu Mahadasha but certainly rahu AD. It created life changing situations for me as well.

In my Rahu AD/ Merc MD, I left India. I had no intentions of leaving India. My daughter did not even have a passport during that time. People do crazy things to migrate. For me, circumstances were created that it just happened and I was out of India within a month. Incidentally, my daughter was running rahu MD at that time- she is still running it. She has changed schools about 9 times and 5 cities since then.

Seeing snakes in dreams or live is common during Rahu periods. Also, deceit is a common thread with rahu. We both have stopped trusting people, pretty much keep to ourselves, do not extend ourselves to make friends- there is a lot of self- focus which is what rahu can do.

Careerwise, rahu periods were disastrous as Rahu in 10th house.
Hina:

I feel your move was influenced by your daughter's Ra MD more than by your Ra AD. The latter may have played an additive effect.

Where is Ra placed in your daughter's chart?

MVMV
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by MVMV » 17 Oct 2011

Thanks explorings,

Do you have any idea when my skin related health problems will become ok?

And any idea on the marriage front?

Your input would be appreicated - & thanks for providing me with such great knowledge re: plants & its impacts

financell

Post by financell » 17 Oct 2011

Thanks Explorings for so much info on Rahu dasa.

Can you throw some light on whether my Rahu MD due to commence March 2012 will be favourable or challenging. Rahu in 9th in Taurus with Jupiter in 10th, Moon in 8th in Ashwina, Mars & Venus in 4th, Mercury & Ketu in 3rd, Sun debilitated in 2nd, Saturn in 6th in aquarius. (Ascendant Virgo)

While Rahu is in Rohini, constellation of the Moon, will its dispositor Venus in the 4th result in Rahu being similar to Venus dasa?

financell