Rahu Alone or Rahu Conjunct with a Planet

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Rahu Alone or Rahu Conjunct with a Planet

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 17 Jul 2011

Hi Vikram

Although Jupiter is not a Yogakaraka, but with a combination it is quite powerful.

Jupiter sits in the 4th of Rahu which is point of vicissitudes, but now if you placed Rahu gemstone on top of Jupiter Gemstone, at least it would stengthen the 4th Bhava which is the house of happiness, stability and foundation. It would also bring in Jupiter's dispositorship of Saturn+Rahu (the latter are trinal lords - Jupiter does not just give its 11th lordship effects, it also exhibits trinal effects by its dispositorship of the two trinal lords Rahu+Saturn). This means your Jupiter stone must be slightly larger than the Rahu stone.

The only drawback with the above recommendation is that Jupiter sits on the 6th of Saturn which is a point of toil and Jupiter's dispositor is Venus which sits on a Dusthana. The latter point is OK because Venus is a Yogakaraka. It is the only former point that is worrisome. BUT then jupiter is the opposite of Saturn in nature and wearing Jupiter's stone would counteract the tediosity of the toil signified by 6th to Saturn.

Wearing gemstones, you can wear different gemstones during different planets' periods to serve to emphasise any goodness brought about by that particular planets' dasa. But you can also wear one throughout that emphasises your personality. Rahu in 1st and Jupiter in 4th is your foundational personality and would not harm your ascendnat whichever planetary period hold sway. Jupiter's rulership of malefic 11th Bhava is counteracted by dispositorship of two trina lords of Saturn+Rahu as explained earlier.

Venus although a Yogakaraka is sitting in a Dusthana. And that is the 6th Bhava which is harmful to the Ascendant. However, wearing a white sapphire or diamond for Venus can serve to enahnce 6th point to Rahu (and 12th to Ketu) as well as Venus good effects on the 6th. But then Venus is in enemy's sign and this somewhat turn the table around towards wearing the Rahu+Jupiter jewel combination.

You may also consider wearing Mercury emerald alone since it has no relationship with your Rahu in Lagna unlike Jupiter. It is a trinal lord sitting on a trinal house. And it is well placed by sign. Its dispositor by Venus is Yogakaraka notwithstanding Venus is sitting in a Dusthana. And it would not clash with the antardasha of Venus which you are having now. And the 9th Bhava serves to bring luck to your Ascendant. Mercury is placed 11th to Saturn, 11th to Rahu (actually 9th to Rahu but 9th is the 11th of the 11th by Bhavat Bhavam principle) both giving you gains in authority and gains in riches. The only drawback it is 8th to Mars which may have some destructive tendency to your well-being.

I think you can buy an emerald as an alterntive wearing during those years when Rahu or Jupiter are transitting badly in your chart (they are slow-moving planets).

Or you may just consider buying emerald alone.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

vpn

Post by vpn » 18 Jul 2011

Dear Hock Long,

I'd really really appreciate if you could revert to my queries that seem a little similar to what you've perhaps written to Vikram.

I have a saturn+rahu combination, my lagnesh, venus is placed in a dusthana, i.e. the eighth house, jupiter's the lord of the 3rd and the 11th house.

I'd really appreciate if you could shed some light on my chart esp w.r.t shifting abroad for a scrap venture. I've already gotten a visa to visit the u.s. in connection with the planned new venture.

Kindly shed some light on the same. Any stone recommendations, sir? I'd be obliged if you'd revert.

Vishal.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 18 Jul 2011

Dear Khoo,

If we see on other angle, she has benefic planets in 6 and 8. it means she has adhi yoga.

Jupiter in 6th house with sun and mercury. Here sun is malefic, also jupiter is in Mars's (chitra nak) nakshatra and mars is strongly placed in 4th house. Mars as a malefic is very strong in her chart by placement. Mars is the karak of fighting spirit. She tends to waver but at the end (finally) she gets the spirit. her venus is in 8t house. saturn is in fifth house. 5th house is the 3rd to 3rd, it increases vitality power.

Your views are appreciate wherever i m wrong.

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 18 Jul 2011

Hi Anilesh

Are you talking about Vikram? Vikaram has Sun in the 8th which is not a benefic.

Hock Leong

Murad

Post by Murad » 18 Jul 2011

Hi khoon iv'e try'd asking this question before but the guy just completely ignored me :l. My question is, When Rahu is in 20 degree Libra in Conjunction with Jupiter Libra in the 25th degree while also being in Conjunction with Venus Libra in the 23rd degree all in the 5th house, Would this be considered a benefic.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Murad

This is good for Venus but bad for Jupiter as Jupiter is in enemy's sign and is eaten up by Rahu. It is just like my Moon+Saturn+Ketu in Capricorn. Saturn and Ketu's dasa is fine. But my Moon is no good even though in my case it is in neutral sign because Moon is still eaten up by Ketu. But the badness is ameliorated by the conjunction with Saturn as the place where Saturn sits give strength.

In your scenario, it is Venus instead of Saturn. It is great for spouse and sexuality - significations of Venus but bad for significations of Jupiter. Also Jupiter is 11th from Sagittarius, its Moolatrikona sign. And Jupiter is in the 5th Bhava. So the 5th-11th axis matters is also damaged somewhat. But 5th, 11th and Jupiter being expansive houses and planets respectively, it is not such a bad deal. Plus Venus being a benefic imparts good Ishta Phala on Jupiter.

In my case my Moon is in the 7th Bhava and 7th from its Moolatrikona sign, so it is doubly bad for relationships during Moon's dasa/antardasa resulting in being misunderstood involving the thoughts (Moon signifying the mind). Saturn being a natural malefic takes away Ishta Phala from the Moon as well.

So many factors are involved just by looking at the conjunction and the Bhava and I have singled out some of the important factors.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Murad

Very interesting but how will Jupiter be Affected if it's Also in Conjunction with Pluto, Reason being that my Pluto is 2 degree Scorpio or will this have no Affect? Thanks khoo.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Pluto is 2 degrees Scorpio in sidereal or Tropical? If sidreaal not much of an effect as it is in a sign after Libra and the degree (ie. the orb effect) is out by quite a margin. If it is tropical then can you please convert to sidereal first?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Pluto is 2 degrees Scorpio in sidereal or Tropical? If sidreaal not much of an effect as it is in a sign after Libra and the degree (ie. the orb effect) is out by quite a margin. If it is tropical then can you please convert to sidereal first?

Murad

Sidereel of Course =/ lol

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If sidereal then it should not be of an effect as given in my answer above as there is no aspect, no dispoositorship etc. AND aslo the orb is very wide in terms of degree notwithstanding Pluto is placed 2nd to Jupiter and Venus.

Note : At lteast in aspect or dispositorship there is a still a relationship notwistanding there is a wide orb but in this case Pluto placed 2nd to the Venus+Rahu+Jupiter conjunctioon AND a wide orb, conduces no or miniscule (everything in a chart has effects on one another ultimately) effects.

Murad

Oh Alrite Thanks

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hii KHOO,

No, i m not talking about vikram's chart. Its an another chart.

Regards
NIlesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Vikram

No when I say Jupiter stone is at the bottom, what I meant is this.

Ask the cutter to cut a silver of a narrow rectangular piece. Pierce two holes one on top and one at the bottom. The hole at the top should be smaller since Jupiter stone is going to be slightly bigger. Then frame the two stones into the respective holes - Rahu's stone on the top hole and Jupiter's stone at the bottom hole.

There is a detailed date to wear a stone based on Muhurtha OR based on Tithi and even Karana. Certain dates to avoid. I do not know Muhurtha. But go to my post on tithis and Karanas. You should avoid malefic Karanas and inauspicious Tithis. Also avoid when the Sun is in Rasi Sandhi (between signs) as the Sun governs the soul and the body and in fact all activities should be tempered down during these days but especially jewelry where the idea is to effect the body and the soul to gain good effects.

At the same time Moon should be transitting in Pushya as Pushya governs things like buying jewelry and it is the most auspicious Nakshatra. Your Jupiter is in Rohini dispositing Rahu and Rohini as to do with fixing something or building something so that it becomes permanent akin to wearing a jewelry permanently. So when Moon is passing Rohini it should be fine too. Note also the Ghataka Chakara which is a combination of days, Tithis, Moon signs etc. which causes certain days to be inauspicious for your personal self. Refer to this link for more information :

http://varahamihira.[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE].com/2004/1 ... hakra.html

Note from the blog you can notice that if your Moon is Capricorn, you should not use Moon transitting Rohini as a basis for wearing the jewelry. In that case choose Pushya. Besides Pushya and Rohini, of course there are also other auspicious Nakshatras for wearing jewelry but I would recommend these two first.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Anilesh

Yes, what you have just said shows she has grit then which you did not mention at first.

Sun+Mercury gives her the intelligence to deal with enemies denoted by the 6th Bhava. And like you ssaid, Jupiter is in Mars Nakshatra. But Chitra is a gentle Nakshatra and Mars in 4th bear the grit but 4th Bhava is a tenacious Bhava (just like the 8th) so although at first she waver, she finally takes the necessary action.

The Adhi Yoga like you said also helps.

Therefore the moral of the story is that if only bits and pieces of information of a chart is known, then the queror would hava to accept the answer bsed on the facts supplied.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hii khoo,

I have sent you an PM. Kindly read it. :)

Regards
Nilesh

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Anilesh. I will do it later on when I have the time.

But preferably I think with the new board rulings, unless for very personal reasons, it is better to have everything post in the forum so that everyone can read it.

I guess the particulars of this person must be personal to you. :D

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hahahahahha... right :lol:

i have mentioned the relation In PM :wink:

Regards
Nilesh

kaulvipin777

Post by kaulvipin777 » 12 Aug 2011

Considering Dhirubhai's chart...please note he has Rahu and Moon in Pushkarnavamsas..I am a strong believer of Pushkarnavamsas and D-60 Charts more so for Karmic Planets like Ra, Ke and Sa..Dhirubhai's progress started in Moons dasha actually when he went to Arab to start some small business and then we know how quicly he turned that into gold in Rahu's Dasha...whole of Rahu's dasha went great for Dhirubhai..
Also look at Dhirubhai's D-60 Chart its almost identical of D-1..showing he had sown seeds in his past birth which were there to bear fruit in this birth

Rahu Alone or Conjunct a Planet doesnt really make a difference...I have seen Rahu being good/bad for both the cases and that too conjunct with either friendly planets or inimical planets..For Rahu theories always fail..

Murad

Post by Murad » 12 Aug 2011

i heard that when Rahu is in degrees lower then the Conjucted Planets it has less affect.

sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sunny29031 » 14 Aug 2011

Hi.
nice to see a topic on Rahu ...

coming to the implications of Rahu => High levels of energy , Unconventional etc
Saturn => Discipline , modest , lethargic . etc
I have a combination , where Saturn and Rahu conjuct in 8th house.
8th house => secrecy , miseries , etc.

29-3-1991
11-10 am
Hyderabad

So for the above , how can we predict the possible outcome ....like do we need to take the sign dispositor or .. nakshatra dispositor ...or ...aspecting planets or conjunct planets ...???
And how is Rahu dasa going to be ...? starting from 2012 ....right after my graduation ....( i'll graduate from BITS PIlani in may 2012 ...and Rahu starts from the same month ..)

thanks

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 14 Aug 2011

sir,
whether rahu is alone or conjunct with a planet it does something very serious to the native. During its dasha or antardasha the native's life is churned . i would like to know what difference will it make to the life of the native if rahu is posited with mercury in seventh house of the navamsa chart. ketu is with venus and both rahu and ketu are exalted.
thanks