Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
desyno1
Re: Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara

Post by desyno1 » 16 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo ji, nice Topic, good to learn more about ourselves

In my chart I'm getting
Bramha - Venus
Rudra - Jupiter
Saturn - Maheshwara

3 Nov 1978 8.10AM New Delhi/India

Sir if my Venus is Bramha then why so many set back in my Venus MD ????

If my Jupiter is Rudra then how come, a good transit of lord Jupiter always grants me what i want ????

Venus is my 7th lord in 12th house in Libra and i'm in Venus MD which started with a lot of setback in marriage part of my life back in 2004. Ketu gave me 1st marriage Venus finished it in Venus/Venus

Lord Jupiter ji is my yogkaraka (scorpio lagna) and Lord Jupiter ji is in my 9th house exalted.

I would love to get some feedback ,if time permits, thankyou Khoo ji

bhakt
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bhakt » 16 Jul 2010

Respected Khoo,

Thank you for this very insightful post.

In my chart, Brahma is Mars, Rudra is Mercury, and Maheswara is Sun. Could you kindly let me know what do these signify/mean?

My birth details are as under:
DOB: 2/2/1974
TOB: 1333 hrs (1:33 pm)
POB: New Delhi, India

Kind regards,

Manish

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 16 Jul 2010

Hi Vairagya

Thanks for the compliment (and Chaks as well). Anyway we are all only humble servants of God and for some of us we are given the gift by him to help enlighten humanity and to help whenever we can. So for this small group, it is just a way of expressing our service to him through serving humanity in return for the benevolence and mercy that he has showered on us. I am not even close to that stage yet, but all of us are given the chance to constantly improve and come nearer to that goal. As long as you stay on the righteous path, you would be in God’s hand and he would monitor and guide you through the steering wheel for onward journey in life. Of course the highest goal would be that of enlightenment, achieving the status of a saint or Moksha.

Others can show to God service in other ways by serving humanity depending on the merits we have from past and current lives. Everyone of us counts in his eyes. Even you as a businessman ensures that goods are reached properly to the masses so that they can benefit from it. This is also an achievement in itself in God’s eye and one that benefits humanity enormously.

Your Brahma is Mars, Rudra is the Moon and Maheswara is the Sun.

The Maheswara planet shows you the things you should do that would help to liberate you from all the prejudism and evil shown in your chart. Maheswara created the world anew in order that the old order of things are stashed away properly in the closet with all its attendant cobwebs and to start afresh – to brave the new frontier so to speak. And if you do minimal things signify by your Maheswara planet, you will find that achieving a modest goal would require a great effort on your part because you will be snagged by all the impediments and obstructions in your chart.

Your Sun being the Maheswara, rules the 3rd house and sits on the 9th house. You are at your best when you are vested with the proper authority to do the necessary planning, distribution etc. and setting policies in a large corporation. The 3rd-9th axis has to do with communication and the environment. The outcome of what you do always helps to make the logistics of things (whether people, materials, information etc.) flow more smoothly and the correct item reaches to the correct person be it news, a consumer good, deployment issues etc.

Your interactions with others and your guiding principles in life should be based on all that the Sun signifies and things would go more smoothly for you.

Your Mars is Brahma. It rules the 11th and 6th houses (both malefic houses) and sits on the 7th denoting your mate. All malefic planets make poor Brahman planets. Like in the case of Mars because it signifies impatience and the tendency to leap into things before considering all sides to an issue, there is very little chance of doing any creative work at all. Mars also makes a poor student and unless it has Sambandha with the Sun or Jupiter, typically it is a pure action planet, so the creation part would lack quality. But in your case Mars rules the 6th, Mars favourite abode. So if the competition is keener, more of your ideas would brim up to the surface for consideration. This keeps your heart pumping and blood racing to beat the enemy. So for your chart I would say Mars as Brahma is not so bad but Mars in 7th is Maraka Kana Stanth so where marriage is concerned is not so good – which is not in the context of this post.

Your Moon is Rudra but it is Vargottama. Like I said you have an affinity for food products but being a Rudra planet, it does show that you may meet more than your average number of setbacks if you go into this business. Saturn is also currently transiting in Virgo although it is not so bad as it is a trinal lord and Saturn is the karaka as a destroyer – although it always change the status quo for the better. Also Saturn can never qualify as a Brahman planet. But as I have already analysed your chart, businesses involving the Moon does give you good fortune as it sits 9th to Jupiter. So how to reconcile the two opposing tugs of forces operating on the Moon as your are in the business dealing with food?

Notice that Moon is disposited by Mars by constellation and by sign by Mercury which sits with the Sun in the 9th. Mars is your Brahma and Sun is your Maheswara. So use the Sun and Mars principle when dealing with your business and things should not go wrong. Do not deal with your business in the way of the Moon like emotions or intuition from surroundings etc. get the better of your. Scanning of the business environment should be left to your associates – they give you the ideas and then you sieve them through (the Sun) Brainstorming (Mars) should also be chaired by you. So this means only the second step should be done by others as the following diagram shows :

Brainstorming --> Scanning ---> Sieving
(Mars - chaired by you) (Moon by associates) (Sun by you)

Note that if you do have ideas of your own (as indicated earlier by me through 7th of Moon, you can break it up into smaller pieces and chair a brainstorming session to see what further ideas can come out of it and after which you sieve through – which now you are also partly doing it. Then the steps become :

Scanning ----> ---> Brainstorming ----> Sieving
(Moon – by you) (Mars – chaired by you) (Sun – by you)

In terms of which trinity of houses are better for your see the ranking below :

Water Houses - 4th place (Moon as Rudra sits in the 4th – this is another reason why you let others look out for opportunities as your water houses is connected with Rudra but the caveat is you can use the second way of doing things as detailed above). Spiritual things also take a tumble.

Earth Houses - 3rd place (Moon sits in Virgo so all the Earth houses are affected as well). You did have professional setbacks.

No 2nd place for your chart.

The two good sets of Trinity Houses are :

Fire Houses - You have good dharma and luck. You can always rise through life.

Air Houses - You do establish rapport with people which is important for people holding a senior position like in your case.

Regards

Hock Leong

vairagya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vairagya » 16 Jul 2010

dear khoo,

amazing !!

what can i say !

the most beautiful part about you is that you can practically assess everything instead of just theoratically
writing and copying vedic astrology articles in your posts.

unless and until i have the complete authority to take decisions (sun part) , i cant work and complete authority has always
helped me take right decisions...in the beginning of my career when i was doing a job, even then i used to behave like
a boss with my employers ,and the day they resisted and started bossing me, my and their decisions got all wrong and i had to leave.

and mars in me makes me very very competitive in my work.
the more difficult the competition, the more my blood pumps hard to defeat that...which i do ultimately.
but, that makes me have a lot of enemies... i have them in plenty and they are waiting and scheming all the time
against me...
but this makes me get going and interested in my work otherwise i get bored very easily.

you are right again that i have good luck : i have been very lucky in times of grave dangers and pass through them untouched and unschathed...
like nothing ever happened.

and lastly, my emotional part (moon part) has been my biggest weakness in life and responsible for my downfalls many times.

thankyou friend !

hugs
vairagya

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 17 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo,

My Brahma and Rudra are the same planet - Mercury. Ketu is my Maheshwara.
How would Mercury react in such a case, my interpretation is that it would nullify the results of being both Brahma and Rudra or it would serve as both. My Mercury resides in 6th in Libra and is the 2nd lord (Gemini), lagna is Taurus. I guess it may also give my money ( Brahma) which I would spend on diseases (Rudra)??

Interesting topic, never went into these details.

Regards,

Sonali

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 21 Jul 2010

Hi Khoo,

Can you reply to my query when you have some time?

Regards,

SS

Meena

Post by Meena » 21 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo Hock Leong,
JH is mainly based on Odisha astrological practices.Strong believers of Sri Jagannath (Incarnation of Sri Vishnu).How they miss Sri Vishnu and repeat Lord Shiva twice as Maheswar and Rudra .Brahma can be represented by Satwik planets and Tamoguna planets for Lord Shiva.Rajoguna has to find place by Sri Vishnu.
Something is missing in JH classification.
with regards,
Meena

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 22 Jul 2010

Hi Meena

Thanks for the clarification.

That was why I was wondering where Sri Vishnu was.

Regards

Hock Leong

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 02 Aug 2010

Dear Khoo,

Can you please reply when you have some time?
sonali.shah wrote:Dear Khoo,

My Brahma and Rudra are the same planet - Mercury. Ketu is my Maheshwara.
How would Mercury react in such a case, my interpretation is that it would nullify the results of being both Brahma and Rudra or it would serve as both. My Mercury resides in 6th in Libra and is the 2nd lord (Gemini), lagna is Taurus. I guess it may also give my money ( Brahma) which I would spend on diseases (Rudra)??

Interesting topic, never went into these details.

Regards,

Sonali

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 07 Aug 2010

Hi Sonali

I will try to reply to you soon.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 07 Aug 2010

Hi Cjappu

In Vedic Astrology, there are alternative ways of finding the things we want. So we can of course look at the Rajastic planets for Sri Vishnu like what was mentioned by our fellow forum member. I came across an article mentioning a one-liner on that also.

You notice the D-60 amsas. There is one each for Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswari. So if we have planets in those Amsas, we can use that too. But the Maheswari amsa is malefic.

Also the concept of Maheswari and Rudra is different. Just like the Moon-God can assume different forms in a chart depending on the chart pattern - but of course in the case of Maheswari and Rudra, the concept stays the same for each chart, but each represents a different form of the same God.

Of course if we want to be thorough, we can also search through the web for using a different system from that used in Jhora but that mabye can come later in a different post.

Regards

Hock Leong

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 19 Aug 2010

Hi Khoo,

Would you have time next week to go over my question on B, R, and M?

Best.
Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Sonali

I will try to reply to you soon.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Aug 2010

Hi Cjappu

From Meena we now know that Brahma can be represented by Satwik planets and Tamoguna planets for Lord Shiva.Rajoguna has to find place by Sri Vishnu.

I came across something in the internet which mention that :

Cardinal signs represent Rajoguna and hence it can represent Sri Vishnu
Fixed signs represent Tamoguna and hence can represent Lord Shiva
Dual signs represent Satwik guna and hence can represent Brahma

which is logical.

Further the 4 sign classification can show additional demarcations :

Aires to Cancer represent Rajoguna
Leo to Scorpio represent Tamoguna
Sagittarius to Pisces represent Satwik Guna.

Not only that, if you map the padas into the Navamsa chart, you will find that the Navamsa chart follows exactly the same classification as the Rasi chart.

So cardinal signs, fixed signs and dual signs in Navamsa represent rajoguna, tamoguna and satwik guna respectively.
And the signs in Navamsa can also be grouped by 4s. The 1st group represents Rajoguna, the second group represents Tamoguna and the third group represent Satwik Guna.

I forgot to file the article, so the details you have to work out yourself.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Aug 2010

Hi Cjappu

In fact planets' placements in the Nakshatras in the Rasi also shows the weightage of the Sattva, Tamas and Rajas of the person. Each Nakshatra has these different gunas at the primary, secondary and tertiary level - so if you find your planet placed in one of the Nakshatras and has the gunas for example like RRT meaning Rajastic at both the primary and secondary levels and Tamas at the tertiary level, you simple add 2 for Rajastic and 1 for Tamas in your counts.

The website link is :

http://www.dirah.org/nakshatras.htm

Planets undergoing Gadanta one meaning is that they are changing Nakshatras where all the three gunas at the three levels are chaning simultaneously.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 21 Aug 2010

Hi Cjappu

Yes, your planets classification is correct.

You article link is also very helpful.

My classification based on sign and padas the reasoning I found out from two other articles (one of which is talking about the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction and not related to this subject) :

On the padas, they tell us how to map the padas onto the Navamsa signs. Basically the idea is that the pada sign corresponds to the Navmasa sign. So using the Navamsa signs to group the amount of Sattivk, Tamas and Rajastic is correct with Pisces being the most Sattvik, Leo the most Tamas and Aires the most Rajastic.

As for how the Rasi sign organises the signs based on the three elements (which therefore spillover to the same classification basis used in Navamsa signs, the linkage being the padas), I quote the following from the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction article by Gordon Brennan from British Association of Vedic Astrology :

[quote]

Saturn and Jupiter are the two largest planets in our solar system after the Sun. Their conjunction every 20 years is a major event for humanity. Each conjunction happens in the signs of one element, for example air signs, followed by the next element, in that case water signs, nearly 250 years later.

A long cycle of approximately 900 years is divided into four periods of Saturn/Jupiter conjunctions in the order of the elements in the zodiac, i.e. fire, earth, air, water. In terms of human society this follows the development of the four Purusharthas or purposes of human existence: Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. These four cover the entire human experience.

First comes Dharma or duty and righteousness, to be able to fulfil which men and women come into the world with a certain Punya or merit, which they have already earned. This merit also enables them to acquire for themselves the Artha or means to succeed in the world, after which they are entitled to Kama, the legitimate enjoyment of that success.Finally, having realised that all of the worldly things are temporary and give no permanent satisfaction, they feel the need again for the eternal and seek for the truth or for enlightenment.

In the Zodiac each Purushartha is also divided into 3 stages, represented by the three qualities of the Signs: Rajas (movement), Tamas (dullness) and Sattva (purity), or in other words, in this respect, youth, maturity and old age.

In this combination of 4 elements and 3 qualities Saturn represents the division into 4 – he represents Brahma, the creator, who has 4 faces; he also represents the positive strength as well as the negative qualities of the four angles of the chart. Jupiter represents Sadashiva or Vamana, the destroyer of the demon Bali; whose three steps cover the entire creation; he also represents the auspiciousness as well as the dynamic qualities of the three trines. Saturn is also Kurma, the support of the turning solar system. The combination of their energies in the order of fire and Rajas, earth and Tamas, air and Sattva, water and Rajas or Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer and so on, is ruled over by the Sun, who is the lord of the 12 signs of the zodiac.

[/quote]

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 21 Aug 2010

Hi Cjappu

Anothing thing I want to add for the benefit of forum members.

If you refer to the Dirah article, you will notice they classify the planets as :

Ketu is Rajas- Rajas
Venus is Rajas-Tamas
Sun is Rajas-Sattva
Moon is Tamas-Rajas
Mars is Tamas-Tamas
Rahu is Tamas-Sattva
Jupiter is Sattva-Rajas
Saturn is Sattva-Tamas
Mercury is Sattva-Sattva

based on their lordships of the Nakshatras which have these primordial elements at the SECONDARY and TERTIARY levels. They discounted the PRIMARY level because I suspect at the physical (PRIMARY) level, we generally use the classification based on what you have written like Mercury and Venus are Rajastic planets for example.

So what do these primordial elements of the planets at the SECONDARY and TERTIARY levels mean? They are deeper level characteristics of the planets.

For example Jupiter is Sattva. But under the SECONDARY and TERTIARY levels, it is labelled as Sattva-Rajas. There is an article which I read somewhere that Guru although Sattva, he can be quite furious when his temples get damaged. And that is when Rahu sits in his 9th or his Moolatrikona Sign Sagittarius. He gives Rahu such a severe beating that Rahu is left to cringe. Hence the Rajastic temperament at the TERTIARY level.

For other interpretations of the meanings for the other planets, readers can refer to the Dirah weblink.

Thanks.

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 Aug 2010

Hi Cjappu

Rahu is supposed to be Rajistic.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 01 Sep 2010

Hi cjappu

Yes, I think you are right.

Regards

Hock Leong

Atishdipankar

Post by Atishdipankar » 18 Feb 2011

Dear Khoo,

I am impressed by your knowledge, I became aware of Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara very recently, I have cancer ascendnt, with jupiter in 6th house, mercury in firts house with ketu and sun in second house with mars, my venus is in 12th house and saturn in 11th house. I have the following

Brahma- Jupiter
Rudra - Sun
Maheswara - Mercury

What does this mean?

I have read in a previous post, it means Jupiter is a benefic but what about Sun and Mercury and what do they mean?

Atishdipankar

Post by Atishdipankar » 30 Jun 2011

Atishdipankar wrote:Dear Khoo,

I am impressed by your knowledge, I became aware of Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara very recently, I have cancer ascendnt, with jupiter in 6th house, mercury in firts house with ketu and sun in second house with mars, my venus is in 12th house and saturn in 11th house. I have the following

Brahma- Jupiter
Rudra - Sun
Maheswara - Mercury

What does this mean?

I have read in a previous post, it means Jupiter is a benefic but what about Sun and Mercury and what do they mean?
Whenever possible please can you give your interpretation, my dob is 18-08-1972, time 3:15 am, place digboi, India.
Is Sun a malefic for me?

Contributor
Contributor

Post by 091190 » 01 Jul 2011

Dear KHL,
What if a planet is both Brahma and Rudra at the same time as in my case. Mars is B and R and Sun is Maheswara.
Thanks

Contributor
Contributor

Post by 091190 » 03 Jul 2011

Dear KHL,
Any comments?
Thanks

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rvenkats » 04 Aug 2011

Dear Khoo,

I am going to through all your posts from the beginning and I am learing quite a bit. First thanks for that. My Brahma is Mars, Rudra is Sun and Maheswara is Me. My details are May 7, 1975 00:27 at Srirangam, India. I am running Me Dasha and so I am very interested in your analysis of my chart.

Regards,
Venkat