Astrological indicators for a good sex life vs. Celibacy

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Astrological indicators for a good sex life vs. Celibacy

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 23 Apr 2011

Dear xlr8ed

In addition see the sign on the 11th Bhava to see what you are obsessive with.

I have Taurus there with Venus in my Ascendant. I am very concerned with safety, secury issues and whether I have enough money on my own to meet my bread and butter needs. Hence resulting in my inaction in taking any actions which may rock the boat. The 2nd Bhava is the 12th of the 3rd Bhava.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 24 Apr 2011

Another contextual sloka that I cam across in Sarvarth Chintami is given below:

If the Lord of Birth is with Mercury, and not aspected by benefics, the person becomes impotent.
Stanza 203 & 201 Sarvarth Chintamani

which merely confirms the orginal observations about the role of mercury in sex life.
whether the person becomes impotent should not be taken too literally....that it will dampen the sex life and hence possibly child birth.
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 24 Apr 2011

Hi xl8red

There is 1 more point I want to bring out regarding the 11th Lord placed in the Ascendant.

(A1) It conduces to the person to be even sighted according to BPHS. In my case, I always try to see the merits and truthfulness of both sides of the matter.

There is 1 more point I want to bring out regarding the 11th lord in Ascendant or Ascendant Lord in 11th.

(A2) Inculde Nakshatra rulership as well. Follow the Nakshatra procedure as laid down by my post on the Bhava Lords. If the house is empty, take the Nakshatra lord at the cusp Give an orb of 5 degrees. If the Nakshatras are not empty (either 11th or 1st) take the lord of EACH Nakshatra where a planet is situated and predict accordingly - whether 11th lord in 1st or 1st lord in 11th.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

aman2209
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aman2209 » 24 Apr 2011

Dear Shipaji ,

Please reply to the PM today .

Regards

A

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 24 Apr 2011

aman2209 wrote:Dear Shipaji ,

Please reply to the PM today .

Regards

A

OK sir...i will do my best today
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Virendra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Virendra » 29 Apr 2011

[QUOTE="shilpa"]
9) And finally the 6th house.....if strong tends to drive a person towards celibacy. He will be strong in conquering enemies / adversary and would spend so much time in his conquests that his marriage would be devoid of passion.....6th is the 12th to the 7th...i.e loss of passion from marriage.
[/QUOTE]

Shilpa Ji / Members,

As it is said that strong 6th house leads to loss of passion from marriage because its 12th from the 7th house, should we consider strong 8th house as a counter weight to it? Specially in case of a female native?
8th becomes 2nd to the 7th house, indicating gains to 7th?

I have a rasi chart where 6th has own sign Sun conjunct Mars and conjunct Mercury who is 7th lord.
Moon is in 7th. Exalted Saturn with Ketu in 8th. Mercury and Moon are combust.
Debilitated Jupiter giving 9th aspect to 7th house. Neecha bhanga of Jupiter for 2 reasons (dispositor Saturn is exlted & Jupiter's exalt. lord Moon is in Kendra)
Saturn is debilitated in D9. 6 planets in and around the 7th house.
Coming to D9 - again the 6th is heavily loaded with 3 planets - exalted Venus (8th L), Ketu and Moon. 7th is empty and 8th has retrograde Jupiter.
Please throw light on what the state of this native's passion in marriage will be and the success of marriage in general.
Sep 15, 1985
1915 hrs
74E02
26N39
Female
Native is an MBA from a reputed school. Working as a Bank Manager. I believe D9 and D10 confirm the reasonable accuracy of birth time.

Thanks & Regards,
Virendra
Thanks & Regards,
Virendra S Rathore

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 29 Apr 2011

Dear Members,

Before analysing strong 6th house,venus etc, first of all we have to see the ascending sign,moon and aspects to them would greatly indicate the nature of sex life and celibacy.

For example, in general, natives with Venusian ascendents and martian ascendents shall have more inclinations towards sex,sensuality,pleasures etc. Also it applies to moon's placement in these signs.

Other ascendents native's concern would be mostly different. For ex, a cancer ascendent would always have safety and security issues prior to sexual life. Capricorn and aquarius ascendents would want depression and loneliness to leave them and prefer sex to forget about these negativities. Leo ascendent would first want great name & fame, will use by sex if it enhances their superiority. For Gemini and virgo natives mental stimulation comes first and then sex, will use sex if it increases mental stimuli. For jupiterian ascendents, for sagi, mostly it is a play and for pisces it is an escape!!

Then we shall see moon's placement as 'MIND" plays the greatest part in sex life. It's placement in firy, airy,watery signs would indicate phychological tendencies. Here we shall see moveable fire is different from fixed fire etc.... then aspects by malefics and benefics, what role this planets have for the particular ascendent etc. Saturn aspects would show guilt which is nothing but greed and fear and martian aspects would show aggression and passion etc... Here functional nature also if taken into account then very different perspective will emerge.

Infact neither celibacy nor good sex is needed as per my view. Just as food satisfies, sex satisfies and let us take it as much normal as possible. too much discussing about it (like in west) or not even talking about it (as we do in our country!) shall be better avoided.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 29 Apr 2011

Virendra wrote:
shilpa wrote: 9) And finally the 6th house.....if strong tends to drive a person towards celibacy. He will be strong in conquering enemies / adversary and would spend so much time in his conquests that his marriage would be devoid of passion.....6th is the 12th to the 7th...i.e loss of passion from marriage.
Shilpa Ji / Members,

As it is said that strong 6th house leads to loss of passion from marriage because its 12th from the 7th house, should we consider strong 8th house as a counter weight to it? Specially in case of a female native?
8th becomes 2nd to the 7th house, indicating gains to 7th?

Virendra
yes that's true....and has been exaplined here on the thread called mysteries of 8th house.

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... f=1&t=9628

regards

Virendra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Virendra » 29 Apr 2011

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
Thanks & Regards,
Virendra S Rathore

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 29 Apr 2011

Dear All

Good day and thanks for this informative thread (especailly to Shilpa ji to initiate it)

As Shrikanth ji quoted any relation between lagan and 11th lord can make a person addicted to some vices.

I have Aquarius lagan and 11th and 2nd lord Jupiter is sitting in 2nd house (Pisces) and aspecting (5th aspect ) the Lagan lord Saturn in 6th house and hence establishing the relation. I must admit that I have tried quite a few what is generally considered "vices" but I have never been addicted to anything for long time. Is this because of the aspect of Jupiter ?

And I feel the placement of 6th lord Moon in 6th in conjunction with Saturn (also 12th lord) is key to keep me away from bedroom pleasures; and most of the time I am involved in something or the other and hardly think about it.

And I have Venus+Rahu conjuction too in chart. So, I guess almost all the principles are present in my chart and makes it quite an interesting chart (a case study) in this regard.

Warm regards
May Sai Bless All !

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 30 Apr 2011

shilpa wrote:

thanks you for the encouraging feedback on yuor chart.
I will look at it today.....I thought Madagascar is a movie :)

I was able to help decide on the ascendant, and general placement of planets to some extent, by giving them 45 min of time window.\ensuring that all those cluster of planets went in the 11th instead of 12th or 8th
Hey,

Thanks to the cartoon, now people at least know the name of the country even if they might not know that it exists :lol:

Anyways, I was wondering what made you choose to put the cluster of planets in the 11th house as opposed to in kendra? If you'd put them in Ascendant than fair enough, Venus would have been in 12th but then Venus always does well in 12th.

thanks,

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Apr 2011

anxious2711 wrote:
shilpa wrote:

thanks you for the encouraging feedback on yuor chart.
I will look at it today.....I thought Madagascar is a movie :)

I was able to help decide on the ascendant, and general placement of planets to some extent, by giving them 45 min of time window.\ensuring that all those cluster of planets went in the 11th instead of 12th or 8th
Hey,

Thanks to the cartoon, now people at least know the name of the country even if they might not know that it exists :lol:

Anyways, I was wondering what made you choose to put the cluster of planets in the 11th house as opposed to in kendra? If you'd put them in Ascendant than fair enough, Venus would have been in 12th but then Venus always does well in 12th.

thanks,

Hello anxious,
i tried other combinations.
Moving that cluster to the 10th house would have moved the Ascendant conjunct with Ketu.
the 1-7 axis of Ketu Rahu is bad for marriage and many other areas of life....the entire ascendat and physical constitution becomes shaky when Ket is with asc.
moving the ascenadnt further clockwise means some key planets turned Du-sthan lords.

so having a cluster of good planets in the 11th was the best we would get.
I tried that the doctor delivered before 24th March...when Sun would have still been in Aries ( exalted) and remaining planets not in the house of sun and combusted....but that also didn't work as the doctro thought it was too early.
regards

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 01 May 2011

shilpa wrote:
Hello anxious,
Moving that cluster to the 10th house would have moved the Ascendant conjunct with Ketu.
the 1-7 axis of Ketu Rahu is bad for marriage and many other areas of life....the entire ascendat and physical constitution becomes shaky when Ket is with asc.
moving the ascenadnt further clockwise means some key planets turned Du-sthan lords.

I tried that the doctor delivered before 24th March...when Sun would have still been in Aries ( exalted) and remaining planets not in the house of sun and combusted....but that also didn't work as the doctro thought it was too early.
regards
Why not choose to have the cluster in ascendant?
Lagna lord would be in own rashi (though slightly combust), also it would create a lot of Raja yogas.
Venus would be in 12th but it generally does well in 12th (and a functional malefic is well placed in Dusthasana, 8th in 12th gives VRY).
Rahu also does well in 10th and Mars' 4th aspect (trinal lord) on Ketu would create a further Raja yoga.
The ashtakvarga of the 11th house would be extremely high.
Mars in 1st would create Kuja dosha but in a friendly rashi, it also gives good health and strength.
The only issue I guess would be Saturn in 7th, but I don't think it would outweigh the other positive points (the seventh house would receive Guru's positive dhristi).

I am sorry I don't mean to question your reasoning, and I am sorry if I am getting out of line here, but I just wanted to understand better.

Regards,

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 01 May 2011

anxious2711 wrote:
shilpa wrote:
Hello anxious,

regards
Why not choose to have the cluster in ascendant?
because by delaying the ascendant was moving clockiwise anf for it to come to that house with cluster...it would have to be after 20 hour...whihc means next day...and there wasn't time to delay the delivery by that as per the doctor

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 01 May 2011

Oh, ok. So this just proves that a birth cannot be astrologically designed. Maybe she was meant to be born then, maybe you were meant to chose that time frame. It could have been done the same morning but earlier, but I guess even that wasn't possible.
Thanks for your feedback.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 01 May 2011

anxious2711 wrote:Oh, ok. So this just proves that a birth cannot be astrologically designed. Maybe she was meant to be born then, maybe you were meant to chose that time frame. It could have been done the same morning but earlier, but I guess even that wasn't possible.
Thanks for your feedback.
he was born at 9:45 am
and the hospital and doctors started at 8:30 am
so you are right.......there wasn't much of choice that god had given,
and even the little alternation that I was able to provide.....was because that was meant tp be in his destiny
regards

star_star
Contributor
Contributor

Post by star_star » 09 May 2011

-
Last edited by star_star on 29 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 11 May 2011

star_star wrote:Hi,

If jupiter and saturn placed in 12th house for libra ascendant (no benefic aspect) ,does it make strong 12th house?

means native can sleep well and can have bed plessure?

Thanks.
it might be better if you post your birth details

star_star
Contributor
Contributor

Post by star_star » 11 May 2011

-
Last edited by star_star on 29 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 14 May 2011

star_star wrote:Dear shilpa,

Thanks much for ur response.

It was a general question as i want to ustand how to know the house is strong... generally 12th house is not concidered auspicious but jupiter is a natural benefic.Have seen somewhere in this forum that saturn in 12th makes house strong. hence i raised it.

In my 12th house no planets are there,does it mean house is not strong?
My details
18.05.1984 , 2.49 PM, dindigul,female. (yet to be married)

Thanks.
Lord Brihaspati as the guru of devtaas takes his high moral wherever he goes ( unless he ie debilitated).
In the 12th house he would bring morality to the native's sexual behaviour. Moreover he would allow the native to excercise opportunities towards religious activities and donations.

Saturn discourages sexual activities.

so both together in the 12th house would mean a native restrained, controlled, disciplined, moralistic in his sexual conduct..generally speaking.
That is very generally speaking......the rasi of 12th house and those that Jup and Sat own should also be known....like all things, we must interpret the chart in totality.

regards

vellothaditya

Post by vellothaditya » 05 Jul 2011

Can some one tell me, i am looking forward to celibacy.

16/12/1983. Time:13:30
Pune, India

s_bman

Post by s_bman » 08 Jul 2011

dear shilpa ji,

another great thread you have initiated,

role of saturn you discussed in previous post can be furthered in following chart where venus(2 house) inspite of being in libra ,aspected by saturn from 12 house(as lord of 6h).

12 sept 1978
07.30 am
aligarh up

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 10 Jul 2011

s_bman wrote:dear shilpa ji,

another great thread you have initiated,

role of saturn you discussed in previous post can be furthered in following chart where venus(2 house) inspite of being in libra ,aspected by saturn from 12 house(as lord of 6h).

12 sept 1978
07.30 am
aligarh up

yes this is a good example s_bman.

enunch Ketu sits in the 7th house of sexual union, enunch Me and Saturn are seated in the 12th house....and not only that Saturn is an angry malefic in the enemy house of Sun and conjunct with Sun, althouhg not combust.

Even appeasement of shanidev will be hard and require a lot fo effort.

So all the enunches of the cosmos have strong foot prints on the houses of sex...although Mars the L8 in Rasi.....and Venus seated in the 7th house of Saptamsa do leave little window open for him.

regards

s_bman

Post by s_bman » 11 Jul 2011

thanks shilpa ji for your insight on this chart,

native is known to me , he had fairly ok sex life (never great) but from past 2 years things have worsened ,is ti due to rahu maha + rahu antar dasha

can you suggest some remedies for him

regards
s_bman

ashcan2004
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ashcan2004 » 11 Jul 2011

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Anuradha

You are right. Besides BPHS other classics also mentioned that if the 11th lord is placed in the 1st or has something to do with Lagna constitutes something of a Raja Yoga. The person is the lord of an army, elephants etc. Usually this means the person is a king or lord of his immediate community whether in a forum or of a nation like Tony Blair. He is well-respected notwithstanding of any one obsession or vice he has. The obsession or vice is usually indicated by the sign on the 11th house.

Exceptions to the Raja Yoga or much watered down would be if the lord is a Bhadakesh, the lord weakened by the node etc. Strengthening would be via the trinal lords of the 5th and the 9th disposited by the 11th lord and whether the 11th lord is placed in its own sign. Still one has to bear in mind it is the strongest of the Uppachaya houses and the strongest of the Kama houses.

As in all astrological factors, many other factors in the chart also has to be taken into account.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Dear Hock,

I have Aq ascendant, Jupiter is lord of 11th house and is placed in my Ascendant ( Kumbha) ? Does that mean it having Raja Yoga ?

In one of your threads you also write " I have already spoken why the 11th lord placed in 1st can lead to obsessive tendencies (see above post but to recap basically 1st is the 3rd to the 11th which is already maximum in its Uppachaya and Kama effects). And 3rd to any Bhava represents something one step further.

But I can also understand why BPHS says that 11th lord placed in 1st give purity in thought and virtuosity and 1st lord placed in 11th gives good conduct."

Thanks

Ashu