Using the Navamsa - Some Technqiues

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor
Re: Using the Navamsa - Some Technqiues

Post by Ghrishneswar » 19 Jan 2011

Kannan wrote:khoo

following the good post on navamsa pl. clarify in your experience whether a planet debiltated both in rasi and navamsa is weak or strong. some hold double debility means exalted position for the planet.

kannan
it is vargottam planet. It is not exalted. Vargottam makes the effects powerful even though it is is in debility. Effects will depend on planets agenda...functional malefic or benefic in rasi/navamsa.

Regards,

Ghrishneswar

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Jan 2011

Yes, good point. The background chart set up for the planet is one of the three charts that one can consider. Forgot to mention about the Navamsa and Rasi. Overlooked.

But to see how the background chart can work consider my two planets Mercury and Jupiter.

Mercury is Taurus in Rasi and Gemini in Navamsa

The background chart has a Taurus Ascendant with Mercury in the 2nd house of Gemini ruling the 5th house as well. On the one hand it shows that I can get wealth from my intelligence - wealth does not just refer to money. Mercury is also friendly to Lagna Lord Venus. Lagna Taurus is a fixed sign of ideas since it is the natural sign for the 2nd house. 2nd house refers to ideas. My intelligence feeds ideas and because Mercury is there in a mutable air sign, I do play about with the ideas I have. But my fixity of deep principles is unchanged even though I play about with the ideas - Mercury is friendly to Lagna Lord Venus.

Jupiter is Aquarius in Rasi and Pisces in Navamsa.

The background chart has an Aquarius Ascendant with Jupiter in Pisces. The other house Jupiter rules is the 11th house in this Ascendant. Jupiter is the karak for gains and the karak for the 2nd house. From this chart, it shows Jupiter has a lot of say in wealth and gains in my life. But Rahu ruling the Ascendant is Jupiter's enemy. The wealth may not be that easily available for me to spend.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Jan 2011

Vargottama planet is powerful precisely because in the background chart it is sitting on the Ascedant.

Its functional beneficence or maleficence would have to be determined through its lordship in the Rasi, Navamsa and the background chart. Its position in the Rasi and Navamsa would also have to be assessed. (In the background chart, it is already in the Ascendant).

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 20 Jan 2011

Dear Khoo,

If I check my Venus backgrouund chart, She is in Leo In rashi & Aries In Navamsha

The background chart has a Leo Ascendant & Venus Rule 3rd & 10th house of place in 9th house of Aries, this is 7th of 3rd house & 12th of 10th house. What is showing venus background chart ?

regard/ Ranjan

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Jan 2011

Dear Ranjan

It shows effort put in in a precise manner to get results in matters relating to religious pusuits, financial matters and dealings with public to obtain funds for charity. Or the mate may be the one actively involved. The person or mate may also have a high standing amongst the community in these kind of activities.

As Venus is enemy to the Sun, money does not come so easily, however, since Sun rules heritage in terms of pay like a successful poltician who successfully get voted in and becomes part of the government.

Brother's wife may be the one involved as well.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 20 Jan 2011

Dear Khoo,

If Sun is Leo in Rasi and Sagitarius in Navamsa, In this case Leo Ascendant & sun sitting in Fifth house of Sagitarus in Friendly sign, Sun is natural karak of fifth house & showing interest in all forms of creative self-expression, such as sports, books, acting, the dramatic, games and romance. If I am wrong please advice me for necessary correction.

regard / Ranjan

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Jan 2011

Yes, you are correct.

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 21 Jan 2011

Dear Sir,

Thanks & regard / Ranjan

simran1
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by simran1 » 21 Jan 2011

Hello Khoo,

Can you help me understand this PLEASSEEE, I am extremely confused about :

1.) the implications of a Debilitated JUPITER in the ketu-rahu axis in the 12th house of navamsha. Also, i notice that jupiter is closely conjunct ketu in all divisional charts, is it also the atma karaka in my chart ? I was reading your post and you have mentioned that Jupiter is considered the karaka of navamsha, so does it mean poor overall navamsha, monetary loss or disturbed marital life?

2.) Another thing that I notice is that the 7th house lord in 6th and the 6th house lord is in the 5th, would their be health issues with offspring,what does this mean ?

3.) Also, in Dashamsha Saturn and Jupiter exchange their positions, Does this mean poor professional life since Jupiter which is Debilitated in Navamsha ( owner of 2nd and 11th in 12th )exchanges places with the lord Saturn in Dashamsha, Also in the Dashamsha the 10th lord mars in debilitated in 6th house. In navamsha the same 10th lord mars in conjunct lagna lord Saturn in lagna . How should I interpret this ? I am so confused about this, what does this tell about my career, what should I expect from my mars Dasha for career ? please explain.

simran.
Last edited by simran1 on 02 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 21 Jan 2011

I am speaking out of turn...you asked Khoo but could not help answering.

Ju is inauspcious for Taurus ascendent being lord of 8 an 11.
Its weakness is a blessing in disguise.In navamsa it is owner of 2 (maraka sthana and ) and 11 th which is again inauspicious.

Debiliation of owner of inauspicious house is not a bad thing.

By the way its Vimsopaka bala is 2nd highest in chart and had attained vaiseshikamsa.

By the way your Sa is really great. Is really strong is terms os shadbala, Vimsopaka bala and vaiseshikamsa.
JU and Ketu combo is not so bad.

Your navamsa is not bad. It is not perfect but then you are human like everyone else.

Navamsa lord Sa in own house. Ve is also karaka of navamsa, It is in 4h house in taurus..very good..

Ju should be the least of your worries.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 21 Jan 2011

What happen when debiliated mercury placed in 11th house of navmansha and Jupiter-venus-mars placed in 2nd house of navmansha. Here jupiter and mercury exchanging their place. Would it consider as a neech bhanga yoga? Saturn and moon is in ninth house of navmansha, while Sun-rahu as an atmakarak and amatyakark respectively placed in ascenednt(tauras).
I do not see neechabhanga...ME IN 11H in pisces. Owner - Ju , Planet that gets exalted is Ve.
Ju is not giving neechabhanga
It is not in kendra from ascendenat or moon (in 9H.)

Ve is in same position as JU and hence not in kendra from lagna or moon.

Me is exlated in virgo. Lord is Me. It is not in kendra from lagna or moon.

So a typical neechabhanga is not available.

BUT there is parivartana between Me and JU, so you can assume they both are strong. Parivartana makes the planets strong. It will not grant neechanbhanga but still lift it somewhat out of debility.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

simran1
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by simran1 » 23 Jan 2011

Hello Ghrishneswar ji ,

Thank you for taking time out to respond to my query.

Simran.

cosmic ray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cosmic ray » 06 Feb 2011

Hi,

Thanks for this interesting post

Its looks like my rasi and navamsa chart are in sync :), because the signs from 1-12 houses are same in both. In fact, most divisional charts have the same order of signs as D-1

As per my understanding, the 7th of rasi is the kind of spouse you may 'expect' and 7th in navamsa is what you 'get'. Here, in both charts, its rahu placed in aquarius. What this means?

Birth details:

DOB: 4 December, 1988
TOB: 12:20 am (night)
POB: ahmedabad (India)

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Feb 2011

Hi cosmic ray

Actually UL shows your married life. 7th to D-7 shows your sexual relationship with your wife (see my post on All Basic Things You Want to Know About Divisional Charts).

7th to Rasi, 7th to Navamsa, 1st to Navamsa (by the Bhavat Bhavam principle) and 7th to Venus all show your spouse.

I personally think 7th to Venus is very strong. 7th to Rasi is the least strong, followed by 1st to Navamsa and then 7th to Navamsa (but some astrologers hold that the Bhavat Bhavam house is of equal strength to the actual house although I have yet to test out the reality of this principle ).

I will get back to you.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

cosmic ray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cosmic ray » 07 Feb 2011

Hi Khoo,

Thanks for the reply.

I just checked out the 4 main significators

7th to Rasi, 7th to Navamsa, 1st to Navamsa (by the Bhavat Bhavam principle) and 7th to Venus all show your spouse plus 7th of D-7

3 of them have Rahu placed in it. I think the spouse is going to be very difficult, or weird :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the chart. Pls note, its a female chart which might bring Jupiter into play for spouse.

However, I have experienced some sparks (for relationship) in the Rahu MD, Merc. AD and Venus pratantardasha

Thanks

cosmic ray

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 07 Feb 2011

Hi cosmic ray

You should check the 7th to Venus in Navamsa as well.

The house where Venus is situated should also be scrutinised both in Rasi and Navamsa like where is Venus dispositor placed, is Venus conjuncting with other planets, what kind of aspects Venus is receiving, the sign Venus is in etc.

This only applies to 7th to a planet or 7th house signifcations where the planet position itself must be thouroughly scrutinised - also by Bhavat Bhavam principle just like why we scrutinised the Navamsa Lagna.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 18 May 2012

Hi Khoo,

I have two chart with a Mars Venus exchange in Navamsha. Which one is considered worst, and exchange between Aries and Taurus, or an exchange between Taurus and Scorpio (which also gives mutual aspect)?

anuranga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anuranga » 27 Sep 2013

what is the effect of lord of the 64th nawamsa.and effect of 64th nawamsa lord positioned in the 12 houses.according to my horoscope 64th nawamsa lord is moon.moon is the 10th house lord.any astrologer can explain this situations.

Thank you....

qwert123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by qwert123 » 30 Jun 2015

[quote="Khoo Hock Leong"]Hi vhb

As long as a planet is in the SAME sign in both Rasi and Navamsa, it is considered the real Vargottama as defined by classics.

The background chart would be Mars in Pisces in the Ascendant. This is a strong and moderately good position. Moderately good because Vargottama is always good (after all your divine chart is aligned with your physical existence chart). But Pisces is a watery sign and it somehow drenches Mars fiery nature. Mars in 1st also means impulsiveness in behviour at times although it is much watered down because it is in Pisces.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong[/quote]

sir is vargottama always good ?

i have mars in 5th in libra in rashi chart , but in 4th bhava as per bhava chart
in navamsa it is in 8th in libra

does this increases or nullifies malefic results of mars ?

thanks

Vinith

Post by Vinith » 22 Feb 2018

Hi Khoo Hock Leongji and others,

I am trying to understand my Navamsa chart - I have ra-ke on 1-7 axis. The navamsa has Capricorn ascendant with Mars exalted in the ascendant conjunct with rahu and Moon in cancer conjunct with Ketu. Both Ketu and moon are in Pushkar Navamsa. Also Sun is in Pushkar Navamsa in Pisces. Moon is vargottama in cancer and Saturn is vargottam in Leo?

You quoted "Saturn in Leo Navamsa is almost always bad, except when Vargottama." So is my Saturn bad? Saturn the Navamsa lord is in the 8th in D-9 and in 10th in D-1. My details - 26/09/1978, 11:49am, Mumbai

sidorf

Post by sidorf » 13 Sep 2018

Hi Khoo,

I have a few questions on the related topic.

1. My Sun (AK) is in Pieces Navamsa and Jupiter is in Leo Navamsa creating a Parivartan Yoga. What is the significance of it?
2. My Sun (AK), Saturn and Moon are Vargottama where Saturn and Jupiter are together with Mercury in 7th house from Navamsa lagna.

Is there a significance for the above placements?

Thanks,
Ayan

mercurial
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by mercurial » 10 Jan 2019

Hello Khoo-sir,
Can Mercury be considered negative if it is debilitated in navamsa even though it is an exalted, retrograde Mercury in natal chart and pushkar navamsa at 8.45 degrees? In such a case does Mercury prove to be a deterrent?