two planets together

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rks123
Contributor
Contributor
two planets together

Post by rks123 » 02 Jan 2011

hi all !
what will happen if two friendly planets are together in a rashi like sun and mercury or sat and mars for capricorn lagna?

is it bad cause sun is the 8th lord with 6/9 lord?
is mars(4/11) and sat(1/2) combination bad cause they are natural enemies or is there any chance they will behave as friends?

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: two planets together

Post by astro123 » 03 Jan 2011

one needs to see the proximity of the planets...if they are further apart in the same sign they will remain unafflicted and function as independent planets

thx
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 03 Jan 2011

I do think they would help each other if there is natural friendship between them like Ve-Sa, Su-Ma, Ju-Ma, Me-Ve etc.

Anyway I have 7 planets and if split in groups of two, I have
Su-Ma, Su-Me. Su-Ju, Ju-Ma, Ju-Su. Ve-Me, Ve-Sa, Me-Sa, Ve-Ke, Sa-Ke as favorable and Su-Sa, Su-Ve, Su-Ke, Ju-Ke, Ju-Sa, Ju-Ve, Ju-Me, Ve-Ma. Ma-Sa, Ma-Ke as not so favorable. So it is difficult to predict the net effects or if the effects operate then and there. But for sure, in other horoscopes, if they have two friends in a house, they would definitely help.
Even in my case, I think it is better to be having so many planets together than to have just two enemies together. So each of those planets there have some friends atleast though they have some enemies too. So they have friends to rescue them.
The happening of events also supports this, the moon which is isolated is giving me hard time but any of those crowded planet's dasa was never bad altogether. they gave lots of good things.

Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 04 Jan 2011

Hi Dev

Is Moon in ur natal chart aspected by any of these planets ?
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Jan 2011

Dear Astro 123,

No he is not aspected by any of the planets in rasi, he is only aspected by shani in navamsa, by 10th drishti.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Jan 2011

Hi Krishna:

What u say is true when two planets are together but when there are more, the net effect needs to be computed which may be difficult and which will give different effects at different times because of different dasas and buktis operating.
For eg: if I use symbols of B for benefic, m for malific and f for functional and n for natural, tell me the following effect if u can predict:

nB+fM, fB+fM, nM + fB, fM+nM, nB+fB , fB+nM

The above are together, can u predict the effect? Say when 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 planets are together, then what is the effect, I gave u simpler combinations above, with 7 and 8, there may be more combinations than above.
It is almost impossible.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Jan 2011

Hi Krishna,

Yes, thanks for the understanding and sending me the link.
Yes, I agree there is also a 3rd angle in addition to natural and functional nature (nB, nM, fB, fM). That is the planet's relative strength or weakness. Further, the aspects benefic or malefic aspecting them, then the gochara, then the avastha of the planets, all these when taken make too many variables. So how much waitage needs to be given for each variable is what is to be decided by the astroexpert. For eg. An exalted planet in one horoscope is really exalted while it is not in the other. How much has it gone down from exaltation needs to be evaluated by him.

In the chapter 2 which I glanced thro, under malefic, he says if aspected by functional enemy thrice. I dont know why?
I agree that it gives some idea but is still approximate since giving a round number of 1 for all may not be right but of course, to give exact no is so difficult. When there are multiple interactions, probably with 7 or 8 planets, may be we need to calculate 2 way, 3 way, 4 way, 5 way interactions also.
Still I agree it will be useful for most horoscopes since they do not have such complications.
For every planet, all the benefic points are totalled and all the malefic points are also totalled. From these two totals, the benefic and malefic percentage of each planet is determined.
It is definitely interesting, did u try out the benefic and malefic percentages and if so, did they agree with ur happenings? But how do u compare this value with the ista phala kasta phala? Though the way of calculation is different, still both represent strengths of planets. So they should coincide, I feel.

In chapter 3, the author gives weightages to be considered while assessing the combined influence on a bhava. Planets in the bhava have weightage of one. Lord of bhava has weightage of one. Planets aspecting a bhava have weightage of half and so on. The net wightages and benefic and malefic influences on a bhava are calculated using the above data.
So he considers bhava and not rasi chart here, right? I will go through that also.
If u would not mind, can u tell me what values u got and how it agrees with ur horoscope, or u can say for someone elses too? I mean whether the percentages were actually observed in reality ie high percentage benefic really being lucky and so on.

The rest of book gives different results based on the benefic or malefic percentages by considering that if benefic % is more than 50%, results are good, if malefic % is more than 55% the results are bad and between 50% and 55% the results are moderate.
That is interesting too.
Thanks once again for sending the link which can be useful to many to have an evaluation. Whether it works or not may be a different issue but it is nice.
Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Jan 2011

Thanks Krishna,

May be I can buy the book from Delhi.
If all the percentages come between 50 and 55, then what is the use. It means all planets are functioning in an average way. So it should show some planets stronger and some weaker than the average.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 06 Jan 2011

Dear Mahesh:

That is a very good question which always occurred to my mind too.
I am a novice. Still I try to read and analyse and try to learn.

As far as my horoscope is concerned, I found if u take mahadasa, antardasa, pratyantardasa, I found for eg. good things happened for eg when mahadasa pratyantardasa lords or when maha dasa and antardasa lords were friends and the other did not have that much enemity. For eg. Venus-moon-saturn, Ve-Ju-Ra, Ve-Ju-Sa(mo-Me, this was when I got job), Ke-Me-sa, Ve-Sa-Mo and so on. For eg. Moon in the last does not consider Ve or sa as enemies and so it was good still. Anyway we need to see their lordships too some extent. It is bhagya lord for me.
When u see Ve ju sa Mo Me, venus is lagna lord in dasamsa, sa 4th and 5th lord in dasamsa, mercury is 9th lord in dasamsa, all 3 are friends, then moon is 9th lord in rasi, jupiter 2nd and 5th in rasi and are friends.
I think friendship matters a lot. Always sani has been helping sukra when it came to career. May be sukra is lagna lord in dasamasa, sani 4th and 5th and moon 10th, so that combination was good. But then in rasi, sani is 3rd and 4th and sukra 7th and 12th.
Also problems arise when there is deep enmity also. Moon-sa-ve and moon-sa-su.
In the first case, sa-ve caused problems since they dislike moon and in second, sa caused problems to both moon and sun.
I also generally observed that while mercury-sa-venus were involved in doing good, moon did not disturb them, but when moon sun were operating, sa gave problems, ra too.

You may give ur own observations from ur horoscope too for better understanding of astrology and for the benefit of all.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Jan 2011

Dear mahesh

I developed interest in astrology during college days and used to consult many astrologers who were like friends. However, after seeing this Jhora, u get all information ready and dont have to calculate dasa-antar-pratyantar etc. It is really too good.

I just got interested in my own horoscope because though I am quite well balanced person even more so than many, the happening in my life has been total imbalance even with small issues. Like even in college, when we were at one house, suddenly we would have to vacate and go to another, the environment would be totally new and it would be as though we get out of touch with the older ones and get aquainted with new ones. This has been happening quite regularly. Also, if I was close with any person, that person would die, this happened in a few cases. They would only be in their 20s or 30s. Some how, even at work, I would be put in one place, I may have to shift due to problem in the room, retirement of boss, and some misunderstanding with boss and so on, it keeps happening, each dasa bukti is so different(only the happenings) that it is like a movie where they suddenly show something else. In spite of all this, I have been quite stable mentally, but I know well people with my problems mostly do not tolerate and get into bad habits and blame God and so on. This curiousity made me to calculate these from Jhora.
I agree and also dont agree with u.
May be for job we have to see dasamsa and then rasi.
Somehow our work involves presentation of papers at conferences, projects and so on. I have observed that most of these involved Ve, Sa, Mo and Me and to some extent Ra, Ju, Su, Ke.
In dasamsa Ven sa moon represent lagna, 4-5 and 10th lord and budha 9th and that may be the reason. But in lagna if u take, Ju rep 2-5, Su 10th, moon 9th and so Ju bukti gave job.

So if I find the dasa, antar and pratyantar, I find the first 4 very often may be because they are important in dasamsa. Anyway, I very often found Sat Venus operating and doing good in profession, that may be due to friendship. Even sometimes, Su-sa ra does due to sa ra relation. So when sa is concerned due to his power he does if he gets some friend even in an enemy's dasa. But when it is with sun, he almost does good with Ju, Me and even sometimes venus(may be due to combustion) but friendship seems to matter a lot, I observed in my case. Even in harming, an enemy is harmed when two friends join together.
I dont feel that benefic malefic is more important than friendship since if benefic is weak, two malefics can join and harm him if they are personal enemies.
So for me Me, Sa, Ve have worked due to friendship. Me is actually 8th and 11th lord but in several of my conference presentations, he seems involved.
He also joins with sun sometimes.
May be in other horoscopes it works as per the malefics benefics but I dont feel so really. It may when the benefic is very strong, may not when benefics is weak. Then malefic effect dominates especially if the two have natural enmity not functional.
like sun sat, moon sat, mars-sat and so on.

I do not claim I know very well but I am putting forth above points based on analysing my own horoscope and so it is a practical observation and cannot be wrong.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Jan 2011

Dear Mahesh:

See, dont take my statement as arrogance. I like astrology but know little and am learning everyday.
See u may not be a medical doctor but u would know sometimes much better than the Doctor about ur own body problems since u have experienced them. Like sometimes some wound they would say would become septic and I should have ATS and so on. I would listen to them but will not take the injection. This has happened several times. So it only means I know my body conditions better and not that I know better than the doctor. Similarly if I correlate my happenings to the planetary positions, I can myself get a correlation and see OK, this planet is often involved in professional matters and so on. Since the software is there, even a person who does not know the spelling of astrology can find out each of the good and bad events in his life and correlate with the planets. This is like back calculation(in estimations) in science. So he can definitely get a picture Ok this planet helps in official matters, this helps in personal and so on. So in that sense he can get all information. About predictions of course, a good astrologer would do immensely better than him. Neverthless he can do correlation on his own since he knows his life happening the best and cannot be asking the astrologer for each and every event. He may go only for one or two major issues.
So I mean his research this way would help astrologer to judge even better because sometimes they may think a planet may be good and actually from his happening it may not. Of course this could happen in exceptional cases where there is a complex horoscope.

Dev

rks123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rks123 » 13 May 2015

Thanks...
how to know whether a situation is good or bad?
If you met with an accident - is it good or bad? being alive with a broken leg. i don't know.
what i am trying to ask is - how to know whether the planets are good or bad in a particular situation.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 May 2015

If you met with an accident, you know whether it is good or bad. Where is the doubt for you?

rks123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rks123 » 05 Apr 2022

Hi All,
I am writing this query after a long time. Please help
dob - 26 may 1982
time - 10:37 pm
place - Bhubaneswar, Odisha - 751009
Got married in june 2016 however no child till date.No medical issues of husband or wife. This is causing serious problems.

Request all the learned to please help.

Psychicramlaxman

Post by Psychicramlaxman » 25 Oct 2023

When two planets are in close proximity in an astrological birth chart, it's known as a planetary conjunction. The impact of a conjunction depends on the planets involved and the signs and houses they occupy. It can enhance or intensify the energies of those planets.

Retsepmi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Retsepmi » 24 Nov 2023

what if 3 planets are together? I have one case, in 2nd house - saturn, moon and jupiter - is it vish yog? like 1 good conjuction and 1 bad, what this case suggests dear experts?