Appeal to Members

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Appeal to Members

Post by Vaughn Paul » 12 Nov 2010

Dear Members,
Many are at fault for mud slinging on the forum and it saddens me that the tone of the forum has degraded to this point. I want to make an appeal to members to turn this around, and encourage everyone to try to be more tolerant of other's opinions, and avoid name calling and negativity. Everyone is welcome on this forum in my opinion. I've never banned anyone and don't intend to. I'd rather make these kind of appeals for everyone to stay on the topic of discussion and remain respectful of other's varying opinions. Then the forum can remain as a thriving place to discuss Jyotish, which was the original intention. Thanks for everyone's participation and attempts to make this a brighter place. Vaughn Paul

Basab

Re: Appeal to Members

Post by Basab » 23 Nov 2010

Hello,
ispeakhindi wrote:Let me ask you a simple question. What do you think of finance geeks who run the wall street ? What do you think of CEO's of mammoth organization ? How do you think their behavior is to their juniors or the learners in their organization? You will be amazed to find the aggressive attitude they carry in their dealings. Why is that attitude tolerated by others ?? Because what they contribute is 100 times more than other 90% sitting on their rose contributing almost nothing.
That attitude is tolerated by the juniors not because the seniors are contributing 100% more than the juniors, but because, the juniors are getting a salary at the end of the month from those seniors, and because, they will be kicked out of their jobs if they don't listen to the abuses of the seniors, with their heads down. A person is ready to hear all those abuses that are hurled on him as long as he gets his salary at the end of the month, as long as it helps him keep his job. Ask a person to hear the abuses of another person, how talented he maybe, how efficient he may be, when he is not working for him, the person will not be ready to tolerate it for even one minute. That is the truth, my friend. And here, no one is working for anyone, and no one is getting money, to hear all the abuses hurled at them, so no one is ready to listen to that silently.
ispeakhindi wrote:Have you ever met any sages in India ? Have you tried talking foolish to them ? They will not tolerate anyone's moronic attitude because they know their contribution to the society. They want respect and if they do not like your behavior they will react very harsh. You know the reason why ?? Because they are passionate about what the do and believe in. They do not appreciate some novice with no substance challenging them for nothing.
Yes, the saints will not tolerate foolish behavior, but they will make sure that the person who is behaving foolish is not near him for more than one minute after he has made his foolish talk. Now, either the saint will make the person leave the place, and if he can't, he will leave the place. As you must be knowing, a saint doesn't live among foolish people because he can't tolerate them and knows nothing better can be expected of them, so Astroboy and Astrosonu did the right thing in leaving this place because this place is a forum for 'fools', as per them, and they shouldn't stay here and get themselves irritated.
ispeakhindi wrote:You tell me how would you react to a student in your class if the person continuously asks you lame questions and challenges your knowledge. You try to give him all available reference and still he keeps challenging you without substantiating it ?? If you are passionate about astrology then I am sure it will agitate you and how you respond to the person again varies.
A teacher who can't keep his temper in check and starts abusing a student doesn't deserve to be called a teacher. To be a teacher, one has to have tons of patience, and has to know how to keep check on his temper. If a teacher starts using abusive langauge, what will the students in the class learn?

I am unhappy that Astroboy has left the forum, but I don't like the stupid logics you are giving in defending him and Astrosonu. This post of yours to Vaughnji is in itself a disrespectful post.

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 23 Nov 2010

Ispeakhindi, I personally feel that you are talking to the wall here. Vaughn Paul hardly replies on the forum and Moderators job here is to keep peace at any cost. As you rightly said......they dont even care who stays or leaves the forum....they dont even bother who has contributed and who is just instigating for unknown reasons. Moderators are here JUST to delete the posts at their convenience.

Basab, Good to find that the Lion is roaring again...after lurking like a rat from last few months hes finally out of his burrow to write again. Try not to make a fool of yourself by writing about the area you have no idea about. The native above is taking about wall street and top notch organization where people work for learning and experience. Its not about money dude !! Money is always secondary .....better try to refrain from commenting on stuff which is beyond your scope. Also your comment about the Saints or teachers makes absolutely no sense. I have interacted with you a lot of times and respect you but I dont like the way you respond sometimes.

We all know you are one of the happiest person on the forum after Astroboy left....actually you are so happy that suddenly you r all active again on the forum. No doubt Vaughn Paul has a done a great job but asking him questions or sharing your views is no disrespect.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

Basab

Post by Basab » 23 Nov 2010

sinecurve wrote:Basab, Good to find that the Lion is roaring again...after lurking like a rat from last few months hes finally out of his burrow to write again. Try not to make a fool of yourself by writing about the area you have no idea about. The native above is taking about wall street and top notch organization where people work for learning and experience. Its not about money dude !! Money is always secondary .....better try to refrain from commenting on stuff which is beyond your scope.
What is wall street all about, dude? Is it a spiritual village, is it a place to attain moksha? It is all about money, isn't it? And what is the learning and experience all about, dude? Isn't it all about money at the end of the day? Why does a person want to learn and experience? Isn't it to gain a higher position, to become the big boss? And that is for what? Is it to do social service, or to find God? Isn't it to earn money? I would want to know how many of those big bosses or the juniors who want to learn something to become big bosses on wall street are spiritual and not working for money but for attaining salvation in karma yoga. Do tell me about it, dude because I don't know about this wall street, which you are talking about--maybe it is the street to salvation.
sinecurve wrote:Also your comment about the Saints or teachers makes absolutely no sense. I have interacted with you a lot of times and respect you but I dont like the way you respond sometimes.
See, Sinecurve, if you respected me, you wouldn't have written to me the way you did, but anyway, coming to the point about saints, or anyone with huge knowledge, nothing justifies abusing people. If the person is wrong, you can tell him strongly (without abusing) that he is bothering you, but you can't abuse that person, and say that you are right. Abusing is not welcome anywhere.
sinecurve wrote:We all know you are one of the happiest person on the forum after Astroboy left....actually you are so happy that suddenly you r all active again on the forum.
Maybe...
Last edited by Basab on 24 Nov 2010, edited 5 times in total.

egoCombustsKnowledge

Post by egoCombustsKnowledge » 23 Nov 2010

sriispeakhindi-ji,

CEOs will get fired on code of conduct grounds, immediately, if they were to use langauage that astroboy-ji used.

now astroboy-ji is a believer in karma, freewill and good astrologer.
he shud calculate what bad transits made him face this public misery "again".
he can blame mods or shilpa and try to invoke pity, thru new ids appearing suddenly on this forum.
or he can look at his behaviour !
and remember lord shani does not like arrogance and pride. he rubs the nose to ground of even the mighty and knowldegable and crushes them when he sees pride, arrogance and ego.
It is all in his stars !

are his badly behaved side-kicks also leaving with him?
or will they dump him now and leave him alone?

namaskar

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 24 Nov 2010

Dude its not about money...it never was ....thats why I said what i said ! Money becomes meaningless after a certain stage....anyways !
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

Basab

Post by Basab » 24 Nov 2010

I know there are things sweeter than money--position, success, fame, power, authority, all these takes you one step higher in the world of materialism.
sinecurve wrote:Dude its not about money...it never was ....thats why I said what i said ! Money becomes meaningless after a certain stage....anyways !

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 24 Nov 2010

I totally agree with Vaughn Paul Sir.
Many are at fault for mud slinging on the forum and it saddens me that the tone of the forum has degraded to this point. I want to make an appeal to members to turn this around, and encourage everyone to try to be more tolerant of other's opinions, and avoid name calling and negativity. Everyone is welcome on this forum in my opinion. I've never banned anyone and don't intend to. I'd rather make these kind of appeals for everyone to stay on the topic of discussion and remain respectful of other's varying opinions. Then the forum can remain as a thriving place to discuss Jyotish, which was the original intention.
This post was an appeal..not another medium for more heated discussions.. :|
A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong...

Basab

Post by Basab » 24 Nov 2010

Anushree,

Was what Vaughn Paul said followed? That is the one question I would like to ask everyone here. People here are defending something, which is wrong. Vaughn Paul had strictly asked everyone to be tolerant of each other's views, but no one cared to listen to it. If it was followed, we would not have to see this day when a lot of people are thinking of leaving this forum, including me, though Sinecurve thinks that I am very happy that Astroboy is gone and I would never even think of leave this place now.

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 24 Nov 2010

Respected all
Because of mistakes of some foolish people we have lost two precious gems astroboy & astrosonu. these two people have contributed a lot to the forum with their total 3000 posts(approx) , forum should not behave like this on 1 or 2 mistakes , everybody makes mistakes afterall we are not God we are human being . these two people were contributing honestly and were putting their hard efforts. just go through an analysis and find out how many people are knowledgeable and honest in their efforts , you will find hardly 3-4 , out of which two we have lost. I was a regular follower of astroboy and astrosonu ji posts and I learned a lot from them. As far as I remember I never saw a bit of arrogance in their replies, astroboy's language was quite good & polite but if someone keep annoying a person then tell me who in this world can tolerate. astroboy & astrosonu are fantastic person and we will miss them.

Regards-
Pradeep

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 Nov 2010

Dear all:

I just now know that Astroboy and Astrosonu are not there in this forum any more. I feel that their contributions have been superb. Astrosonu has given lots and lots of pariharas useful and beneficial to all people and Astroboy has almost answered promptly to most questions raised. In view of their immense knowledge in the field of astrology, it would be nice if they come back to the forum and contribute and if they are reinstated. Let bygones be bygones. In view of their expertise, the forum and the readers need them.

Dev

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 01 Dec 2010

Dear Astro1818 ji,
A small update - Astrosonuji is back on this forum :D

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... onu#p50656

Thanks and Regards,
Spidey
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

milredr

Post by milredr » 01 Dec 2010

Dear all,

I had been travelling for a while.
I for one am glad that Astroboy has left, very sad that Astrosonu has left and happy that Ramanan sir has left too.
Let me state the reasons why.

Astro boy,

I am glad he is gone. He was wasting his time on this forum thinking every body troubles are his. He should have understood that he cannot cure everyone’s problems and worries. I was most shocked at the way he handled Fblossom’s post. First rule of astrology is never get personal with the queriest. He failed the first rule; he was doomed from the start. People have analyzed his horoscope but nobody noticed that Ketu was in Rahu’s Nakshatra. As per Nadi, The planet in another planet’s Nakshatra has a direct influence on that planet. Here Ketu has a direct relationship on Rahu. Astroboy has been going through the 12th lord’s dasha from the time he is 15.Some predicted marriage, some said he used his free will, I say he is being dragged to renunciation irrevocably.

Guru will drag him sweetly by breaking all his pillars of support till he is left gasping for breath.
He thinks he can save the world. He can’t. I was following his thread on K.S.Y. There was great substance until Shilpa came and made a grand statement and then stopped short of substantiation. Astroboy knowing her horoscope fully well, decided to take her on, which in my opinion was the most stupid thing to do.
Astrological dictums state that when the 2nd and the 3rd lord is debilitated without neecha bhanga, expect the person to lie and write lies.
Astroboy say Shani is his Istha devata, and yet he failed in recognizing that a neecha Shani in the 5th being the lord of the 2nd and the 3rd, not achieving neecha Bhanga is most dangerous. And yet, knowing full well that he will be injured fatally, went ahead to try and make her understand that she is wrong. He proved to be an utter disappointment to me.
I knew he is going down with this one, I would have rushed to his defense , But stayed out. He has a lot to learn.

Astrosonu,

If there ever was a fatal loss to this forum, it’s Astrosonu. He is miles above the rest. He must understand that spirituality will take him far. He is meant to spread the word of God everywhere, No better platform than this. It will do a world of good if he comes back to this forum. There is a lot to learn from him.

Ramanan ji,

Takes all troubles on his head. He is a misfit here. He has transcended this level a long time back. It’s good he has left. A loss to the forum, a gain for him. I say, Ramanan sir, Come back and give advice to the needy but don’t try to repair them, don’t take their karma on you. It does not work that way.

People come and people go, the forum will go on.

A song for astroboy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwiu7w1-Wvk

Your path is in the dark arts my friend. You will reach there surely.
Is rest assured?
With all due respects to you, we were all waiting for you to come and tell us who is a loss and who is not, and what is good for who :lol: . Truly hope u r wrong as far as ur doomsday predictions of astroboy goes. But then u are the expert with a sound family history of astrology. Thank you for visiting the forum and blessing us with ur few gems.

arya

Post by arya » 01 Dec 2010

is ur fate as intresting as the above 3, astro1818? :)

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 02 Dec 2010

[quote="milredr"][quote]

With all due respects to you, we were all waiting for you to come and tell us who is a loss and who is not, and what is good for who :lol: . Truly hope u r wrong as far as ur doomsday predictions of astroboy goes. But then u are the expert with a sound family history of astrology. Thank you for visiting the forum and blessing us with ur few gems.[/quote]

Rightly Said milredr ji ........!

Regards-

Pradeep

thcricketfan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thcricketfan » 28 Dec 2011

I think all of us are at a loss when someone leaves the forum.
can we consider each others as guru-bhai (dont know what would be the equivalent term in english) and ignore things that we don't like?

SashaRania
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by SashaRania » 22 Oct 2013

Hi I'm new to this forum. Hope to learn a lot from this forum. I'm Rania from Malaysia. :) Thank you for creating and sharing such a valuable informations which hardly available over the net now days.

omkara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by omkara » 31 Jan 2014

I concur with sasha.. the wealth of information on spirituality and astrology is astounding in this forum. Truly commendable. It would be a pity if it gets diluted by harsh and/or insulting comments by any of the members. although we are in no position to be commenting on what truly happened to the few that have been removed/left the forum, i guess we can all concur on one fact.
Each and every individual is born with divinity inside them. Yes, This divinity is relatively untapped in each soul to varying degrees, which explains our shortcomings and vices if any. I believe if we truly understand the concept of the divine in us, we wouldn't go about belittling one another or being rude/harsh to each other. Standing your ground for what you think is right is paramount but we must always try to do it in the most humane and mature way possible, so we can maintain harmony.
I have spent a while trying to follow this ideal, I am not embarrassed to say that its been slow progress, its hard.. but progress is whats important. lets all forget the past and make an effort to interact with the members in this forum the right way, one post at a time. :)
Regards.

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 31 Jan 2018

Someone looking at astrology, learning it, experiencing it, need not be told about politeness.. if they need to be, they are going through bad dasha/transit .. what not.. ignore them!