Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
devpatel
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

Post by devpatel » 07 Aug 2010

" RAHU IS DEEPLY EXALTED IN TAURUS IN MRIGSHIRA NAKSHATRA BETWEEN 29 AND 24 DEGREES"

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 07 Aug 2010

Good day to you,

I want to stir the hornet's nest here, Dr robert Svoboda and a small group of astrologer's are of the opinion that Rahu and ketu are both exalted in Scorpio and Debilitated in Taurus, logic being that the exalted constellation of the moon should be the debilitation constellation of Rahu and Ketu and Vice versa for exaltation.

I however wonder, If this is the case, Suppose Ketu is exalted in Scorpio and Rahu is debilitated in Taurus, Won't the Neecha Bhanga rules apply to this scheme. A exalted aspect of Ketu will automatically give a Neecha bhanga to Rahu thus negating the neecha effects.

And by the way Dev ji, what is the logic for Rahu getting exalted in Kuja's nakshatra ?

Best Regards,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by devpatel » 07 Aug 2010

HI,

I know this from experience.

Astroboy,

Its simple to understand first that Rahu exalts in Taurus as
Taurus is the only material sign. Ketu has no such significance
in material world and its just the part of Rahu.

I bet the coming worldy leaders who will be given the top
most authorities will be born with deeply exalted Rahu
in mrigshira.

If you search you will see this in charts of majority of the
top authorities.

DEV

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 08 Aug 2010

Hi Sonu

You were mentioning that Rahu will act as its dispositor during its dasa and one should include the dispositor placed in the house of Rahu itself. So during the dasa of Rahu, shall the dispositor placed there be considered as dispositing its Nakshatras or Rahu's Nakshatras? From the post, I think it should still be Rahu's Nakshatras because you mention that Rahu will only act like its dispositor in terms of strength, Vimsopaka, Shadbala etc only.

Regards

Hock Leong

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 09 Aug 2010

Dear Khoo,

You are right. Only the planet changes i.e. Rahu to dispositor. Not the nakshatras. By the way the panchmaitri gunas etc are all calculated by Vimsopaka bala. So, going into nakshatras etc while we are looking at Vimsopaka and Shadbala may not be any differentiating factor.

Regards
Sonu
Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Sonu

You were mentioning that Rahu will act as its dispositor during its dasa and one should include the dispositor placed in the house of Rahu itself. So during the dasa of Rahu, shall the dispositor placed there be considered as dispositing its Nakshatras or Rahu's Nakshatras? From the post, I think it should still be Rahu's Nakshatras because you mention that Rahu will only act like its dispositor in terms of strength, Vimsopaka, Shadbala etc only.

Regards

Hock Leong

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 18 Aug 2010

Good day to you,

A interesting horoscope to say the least. Lord Shani is in the best position possible except that he has to deal with his enemy Kuja at all times.You are lucky to see Shani Dasha at the right time, This is why you have a good qualification today. I am sure life was not bad until Kuja and Rahu dasha came about. You dont have to worry about Guru much because he is exalted in the Navamsha. He owns 2 upachaya house and is placed well even in the Rashi chart. You will put in efforts to develop your life no doubt. You will have to work hard but once you reach a platform you will be able to live in comfort.

The 10th house is a concern. Ravi the 11th in the 10th is good, because you will put maximum efforts to achieve success in the work place, what will make that difficult is the presence of the 8th lord in the 10th. This is impediment that will give you trouble through out your life. You just have to deal with it.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 18 Aug 2010

1. Due to the placement of which planet you think that I would have to work hard to achieve comfort in life ? is it exalted shani ?
Its a combination of planet's really, 8th lord Shukra with Saturn's aspect on the 10th house posited by Ravi.

2. As u said that shani wud have to deal with his enemy mars constantly ...agreed on that but it is an auspicious dhan yoga (conjuction of 2nd house lord mars & 5th house lord -shani in lagna) - is that true to assume/predict ?
True. But all other factors being equal Kuja and Shani, 2 malefics in the lagna is not good, No matter if he is yogakaraka. See the houses they aspect.

3. you said that that --> "difficult is the presence of the 8th lord in the 10th. This is impediment that will give you trouble through out your life. You just have to deal with it." - but if I m not mistaken 8th lord is venus who is also the lagna lord, venus is a natural benefic nd by virtue of being the lagna lord it can't do much harm only by being the 8th lord - (again It's my guess and based on some reading, I cud be wrong) - let me know if it is true to assume or not.
Yes Venus is the lagna lord. Some astrologers say that the 8th lord is a neutral since he is also the lagna lord. But I dont agree with this. Does it mean that the 8th house effects are not felt for a Tula lagna individual ? or for a Mesha lagna individual ? I dont think so. The 8th house effects will still be felt. 8th in the 10th will give rise to obstacles and impediments in the work area.

4. My main concern to post this message is exalted Rahu in the 8th house of Tauras he is aspecting my moon ... which may seperate me from my spouse after merriage. Me and my fiance both r mangalik (partially mangalik - if there is any such thing) We both live in US and we want to get married as soon as posible but due to some visa issues can't leave US right now. But I m afraid that I might have to go through divorce afterI get married -------- pls some1 answer is there any possibility of divorce from my chart ?
:D I dont buy Rahu's aspect on the 2nd. I agree that you are highly Mangalik by defination. But since you are in the US and also a career woman, the interaction between you and your husband is limited and so might just about avoid fights since there is little time and other things to do.

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by devpatel » 07 Oct 2010

Here i would like to make a point about Rahu's deep exaltation.

Lets take an example of Aamir khan, who has deeply exalted RA
in 11th from moon in mrigshira taurus. we can see the power he has gained recently infact hes the most powerful in the industry and
4th most powerful Indian today. His power is only going to increase by leaps and bounds without doubts. If we can think of shahrukh
or any on else from the same industry or any other industry, the comparison could not just be made. We'll definitely see this fact
manifest in the future.... my prediction.

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 08 Oct 2010

hello all
I am also having rahu in Taurus in 12 th house, moon is in 11 th. I have passed Rahu MD Rahu AD and it was a very comfortable, peaceful and happy period. My reputation health improved during this period and I spent memorable time with excellent friends. I scored very good marks in exams also I got the job during this period. Currently I am Going through rahu-jupiter dasha. I went through hell during Mars Mahadasha so as soon as Rahu MD started things changed suddenly into my favour.

Regards-
Pradeep

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 08 Oct 2010

This means your lagna is Gemini and 9th house is Aquarius co-owned by Rahu. So, you can say 9th lord exalted in 12th. An exalted 12th house gives many benefits amongst physical comforts, focus on dhyana (Rahu being 9th lord) and Foreign journeys. It would be worthwhile to know if the dispositor Venus is in a trine of kendra and what its strength is. Also, if this exalted Rahu is aspected by Jupiter in your chart, it shall give good results. check Navamsa of Rahu it must be placed in a benefics sign with a benefic aspect.
p.stranger wrote:hello all
I am also having rahu in Taurus in 12 th house, moon is in 11 th. I have passed Rahu MD Rahu AD and it was a very comfortable, peaceful and happy period. My reputation health improved during this period and I spent memorable time with excellent friends. I scored very good marks in exams also I got the job during this period. Currently I am Going through rahu-jupiter dasha. I went through hell during Mars Mahadasha so as soon as Rahu MD started things changed suddenly into my favour.

Regards-
Pradeep

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Respected Astrosonu ji
Venus 12 th & 5th lord is placed in 2 nd house with sun . in navamansa rahu is in Aries with mercury in 11 th house. Rahu has given me physical comforts & helped me in education but not helped in career & finance.

My birth details are
23-jul-1984
Time 4:53 Am
place- Lucknow

Nitin21

As expected Rahu is conjunct a benefic mercury that is a lagna lord with Vargottama lagna. Mercury has a very high shadbala. In upachaya 11th in Navamsa, Rahu will only give you good by rising high and high as the dasha progresses.

Your finances issues are owing to 12th lord venus in 2nd. Moon the 2nd lord and Mars the 11th lord have a low shadbala. You will have enough money dont worry about that. Jupiter alone will give you good finances.

Career wise you will do very good, nothing to worry. Jupiter the 10th lord is retro and exalted in Navamsa with great Amsa balas and vimsopaka about 15. So, it will give you good results. The problem is you have combination of 6 and 8 lords (Mars and Saturn) in 5th aspecting Jupiter your career lord. 6 and 8 combo indicates a curse. Your Amatayakaraka Mars is involved in thsi combo too. Hence the friction. Saturn alone anyways can give slow career growth being 8th lord. So, you can propitiate Saturn by visiting Shanidev temple or Reciting Shri Hanuman Chalisa.
p.stranger wrote:Respected Astrosonu ji
Venus 12 th & 5th lord is placed in 2 nd house with sun . in navamansa rahu is in Aries with mercury in 11 th house. Rahu has given me physical comforts & helped me in education but not helped in career & finance.

My birth details are
23-jul-1984
Time 4:53 Am
place- Lucknow

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

[quote="astrosonu"]

Saturn alone anyways can give slow career growth being 8th lord. So, you can propitiate Saturn by visiting Shanidev temple or Reciting Shri Hanuman Chalisa.

[/quote]

Yes it's true growth is slow, though Saturn is exalted but after all lord shani is lord shani and also he is 8th lord that's why his aspect on Jupiter(Lord of 7th & 10 th) will delay both career and marriage. But as Saturn is 9th lord also so his aspect on 7th may bring luck after marriage.

Regards-
Pradeep

Nitin21

But keep in mind that Saturn is not a malefic for you. It will just act per its natural characteristics.

Your growth will be exponential after marriage.

Do you invest in stocks shares or any speculative activities ? Chances are bright for a stroke of luck in those.
p.stranger wrote:
astrosonu wrote:

Saturn alone anyways can give slow career growth being 8th lord. So, you can propitiate Saturn by visiting Shanidev temple or Reciting Shri Hanuman Chalisa.

Yes it's true growth is slow, though Saturn is exalted but after all lord shani is lord shani and also he is 8th lord that's why his aspect on Jupiter(Lord of 7th & 10 th) will delay both career and marriage. But as Saturn is 9th lord also so his aspect on 7th may bring luck after marriage.

Regards-
Pradeep

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks sonu ji , i was thinking of investing in stocks for a long time but couldnt invest , now I will surely try my luck in stocks too. a very senior astrologer once told me that you will never face setbacks in any long term investment so I think mutual funds would be a better option for investing in stock market. I will surely let you know the feedback.

Regards-
Pradeep

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 09 Oct 2010

hello astro sonu ji
here i am providing the data of one of my friend who was working with me but left the job because of difficult conditions at job. currently he is running under Rahu mahadsaha -saturn AD. he is 20 days older to me so he is also having rahu in taurus.Saturn Retro in libra in 11 th house. Although Retro saturn is exalted and in a good house but the start of Saturn AD took his job and currently he is unemployed for last 4-5 months. Retro jupiter is in Sagittarius and has a excellent shadbala but still it didnt do well in Jupiter AD but he was employed in jupiter AD. Behaviour of Retro planets is very difficult to understand . I am looking for an explanation for all this from you.

His birth details-
4-jul-1984
time:-19:14
Place-Sultanpur(uttar pradesh)

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 09 Oct 2010

Dear Pradeep,

Mere Rahu exaltation does not ensure good results. With the details you have provided, 10th lord comes to mercury from LAgna, Moon and AL all three. Mercury is very weak. Moreover, currently Saturn is transitting over the natal 10th house of mercury. So, the results are bound to suffer.

Add to it, he is under Sadhe-Sati. Saturn transits over natal mooon. Nodes are also in transit over natal nodes.

All in all not a pleasant situation. But his Jup and Moon are quite strong. Moon is in exchange with Mercury as 10 and 8 lords.

As 10th lord in 8th, he must be very critical of his bosses.

He needs to read Shri Vishnu Sahasranam everyday to overcome problems. And also propitiate Saturn since Sadhesati is on.

Regards
Sonu
p.stranger wrote:hello astro sonu ji
here i am providing the data of one of my friend who was working with me but left the job because of difficult conditions at job. currently he is running under Rahu mahadsaha -saturn AD. he is 20 days older to me so he is also having rahu in taurus.Saturn Retro in libra in 11 th house. Although Retro saturn is exalted and in a good house but the start of Saturn AD took his job and currently he is unemployed for last 4-5 months. Retro jupiter is in Sagittarius and has a excellent shadbala but still it didnt do well in Jupiter AD but he was employed in jupiter AD. Behaviour of Retro planets is very difficult to understand . I am looking for an explanation for all this from you.

His birth details-
4-jul-1984
time:-19:14
Place-Sultanpur(uttar pradesh)

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 09 Oct 2010

Thanks sonu ji for your reply
I have heard that Retro Planets in their exaltion sign dont give good results. he is under saturn AD and saturn is retro in libra. So problem could also become serious because of this. He is born in very rich family and his father is at a very very senior post in government. His brother is also earning excellent and sister is also married to a very rich person.

Regards-
pradeep

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 09 Oct 2010

That is not because of Retro feature. Saturn is a malefic for Saggi Lagna and it aspects 10th lord mercury. Mercury is already weak as i mentioned before, So he lost the job. Even if it was non retro, he would have lost the job because of Saturns maleficence.

Retro Saturn exalted in 11th gives him access to immense gains as Saturn is 2nd lord. 2nd lord exalted in 11th is good for financial conditions. I wanted to mention this before, but query ws related to job only, so i did not write anything. He will land a job anytime starting today.
p.stranger wrote:Thanks sonu ji for your reply
I have heard that Retro Planets in their exaltion sign dont give good results. he is under saturn AD and saturn is retro in libra. So problem could also become serious because of this. He is born in very rich family and his father is at a very very senior post in government. His brother is also earning excellent and sister is also married to a very rich person.

Regards-
pradeep

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 13 Oct 2010

My Dear friends,
whether you people are exalted in your own house?
If you can not ignore an insult laugh at it, if you can not laugh at it you probably deserved it.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 13 Oct 2010

To be very honest with you, I am exalted in my Girlfriend's house. :)

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 13 Oct 2010

astroboy wrote:To be very honest with you, I am exalted in my Girlfriend's house. :)
Good one Astroboy :D . I think he is trying to get some posts in so that he could access the PM facility