Deity who punishes immediately

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rvenkam
Contributor
Contributor
Deity who punishes immediately

Post by rvenkam » 24 Nov 2019

is there a hindu deity which you can pray to take revenge against people who have wronged you or hurt you the most ? BY revenge i mean karma should make them suffer for their wrong action.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Deity who punishes immediately

Post by Dev » 24 Nov 2019

I dont think any deity will do that. It depends on your karma and his karma. He might have cheated you but if he is destined to get punishment in this birth, only then he will get, if not, no.

I have also thought this way and even cursed the person but nothing work and he is dead at 52 and his family is also behaving just like him but till date they are not suffering. In spite of all the wrongs and cheating done by them, they are still arrogant and having the " I just dont care" attitude.
They are not afraid of sins.

So best would be to forget and let it take its own course. We have no power to think even about the next moment, what I mean is, if God wants the next moment can change as per his desire which may not be your choice.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 24 Nov 2019

Dev ji
Nicely explained i concur with your opinion ,i also faced lot of humiliation and prayed let god takes action who ever did wrong

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 24 Nov 2019

If they have wronged you or hurt you then they are bound to suffer too, whether you pray or not. So why waste time and energy praying for that?
But if you want immediate results, so that you will get the satisfaction of revenge, then, logically speaking, you need to pray that the person should go on harassing many other people, so that his/her quota of Punya gets exhausted quickly. In fact, it need not be "many people" - if he/she harasses one extraordinarily virtuous person then that is enough - and the Puranas abound with stories of sages who by their curse have caused the downfall of even Indra-like glorious persons. Even a pativrata like Sita can cause the quick downfall of emperor Ravana.
No deity (imo) is as powerful as ordinary humans (but highly virtuous, as above) in bringing someone down. It is said, even the heartfelt curse of an innocent child is also powerful - so elders have taught us to tread carefully with sages, virtuous ladies and children.

But all this is merely by the way, imo, certainly the best prayer in this context, is for your own mental peace.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Vedam.
No deity (imo) is as powerful as ordinary humans (but highly virtuous, as above) in bringing someone down.
Krishna,
very true, deity is capable and will not harm others based on our prayers(but may punish on their own) but humans are capable and can stoop to any level.
That is why some humans think they are all powerful but when they have a severe downfall, then they realise the truth.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 24 Nov 2019

Yes Sir, the more powerful (in worldly terms) they are, the bigger their fall will be, and (in most cases) the more unbearable the fall will be.

We see this in our politicians..... someone who used to be unrivalled champion of his caste / fiefdom / community, extremely powerful in his day, gets dumped to the dustbin in a decade or two.... sometimes he will end up in jail too. Death doesnt come soon enough to spare him.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, well said Hari.

But not only politicians, in real life we see many politicians, highly cunning, at work place, as relatives, neighbours and so on. They are even more dangerous.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 25 Nov 2019

Myself faced lot of humiliation earlier from my own family members ,and one of my own family member tortured me like any thing ,and now is in very distress condition .asked me for help .i forgotten all injustice done to me and helped .since topic came sharing my views

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Nov 2019

vow. That is your greatness. I would not do that for sure. Humans have animal, human and divine qualities to different extents. That is divine nature indeed. You will be blessed.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dev ji
Thanks but any how it is our blood relations no ,we cant avoid

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

whoever it is, if he or she can harm you, did they not think you are close blood relation?
Of course, I cant say, my blood relations have been good and I only do good to them. So I cant imagine your situation.
I dont know if you are saying about own brother, sister, uncle or something like that.
Still you have a large heart to do good. It is not easy for majority.
Your jupiter must be very strong may be.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My own sister pl

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

surprising. Anyway she may repent sometime in lifetime but you have shown your magnanimity.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My bil is in hospital in serious condition and they are in financial distress now

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You should definitely help now.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Already helping for his total medical bill

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good. God will help you.

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 26 Nov 2019

It's not wise to put blame on any deity for our bad karmas... I'm a living example in reality of how the bad karmas manifest in profound intensity in accordance with our bad deeds...

I had accumulated much bad karmas by troubling poor little insects and it's families in my childhood... Completely ignorant that even those insects are part of the divine entities... Although it was not intentional giving excuse would not be fair at all... nothing can't be reversed... underwent and even undergoing much physical and psychological turmoils with utmost humiliations( have mentioned few references here in lova topics itself on job, marriage, parents health)

It's payback time for me now and finally my conscience was awakened and now I'm trying my very best to save little creatures, pets etc... not to counter my bad karmas but having realized what life is all about !!

In a nutshell, don't ever never harm or even thinking for a milli or nano seconds in mind to harm others ( not necessarily humans) but any living beings and then pray for forgiveness... be prepared to encounter any life turmoils with noble soul and believe me the concerned deities will explicitly show their gestures if your realization is very genuine and again its from my own personal experience !!

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 29 Jan 2020

Bhishma wrote:
26 Nov 2019
It's not wise to put blame on any deity for our bad karmas... I'm a living example in reality of how the bad karmas manifest in profound intensity in accordance with our bad deeds...

I had accumulated much bad karmas by troubling poor little insects and it's families in my childhood... Completely ignorant that even those insects are part of the divine entities... Although it was not intentional giving excuse would not be fair at all... nothing can't be reversed... underwent and even undergoing much physical and psychological turmoils with utmost humiliations( have mentioned few references here in lova topics itself on job, marriage, parents health)

It's payback time for me now and finally my conscience was awakened and now I'm trying my very best to save little creatures, pets etc... not to counter my bad karmas but having realized what life is all about !!

In a nutshell, don't ever never harm or even thinking for a milli or nano seconds in mind to harm others ( not necessarily humans) but any living beings and then pray for forgiveness... be prepared to encounter any life turmoils with noble soul and believe me the concerned deities will explicitly show their gestures if your realization is very genuine and again its from my own personal experience !!
Amazing. Thank you for these wonderful words Bhishma. Changinging the birth swabhava terminates one's karma and that is the essence of Gita as a one liner.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Famlia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Famlia » 25 Jun 2020

Respected,know of such a dirty who not only punish but send back to that person all bad done to you within a month you will come to know. We prayed,did puja to that same diety. Do you want to know details,private message with your details to do it for you. Thank you very much.

Famlia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Famlia » 26 Jun 2020

Famlia wrote:
> Respected,know of such a diety who not only punish but send back to that
> person all bad done to you within a month you will come to know. We
> prayed,did puja to that same diety. Do you want to know details,private
> message with your details to do it for you. Thank you very much.

astrologershrimohan

Post by astrologershrimohan » 28 Mar 2021

Lord Narasimha is the deity who punishes immediately. His 108 names contain a name 'daitya danava bhanjanah' which means that the god will punish the bad people. Don't tell God how to punish. You just pray him and tell the humiliation you have undergone and do what he pleases to do with them.

Lord Krishna did not teach forgiveness to Pandavas. He did all possible things to avoid war and when Kouravas insisted for war, then war took place. So, likewise, you should also give all possible chances for the harming people to change, but if they don't change punishment is the only resort that Lord Narsimha will do.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 31 Jul 2021

Saturn is the Karmic planet.
Relevant post in the matter may be read here:-
https://www.quora.com/What-are-five-int ... Gopal-Soni