past life house

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
past life house

Post by lefteye » 21 Oct 2019

We have the basic teachings that Houses 2,6 and 10 are related to prarabdha karma , karma that has to be faced in this birth. 1,5,9 are houses reflecting sanchita karma and we can't do much corrections in these houses easily. Houses 3,7 and 11 are free will. Key to do corrections in previously said houses liein these 3 houses.

Bhrigu system refers to the concept-past life house.

Real karmic house varies from lagna to lagna depending on the position of lagna lord. While we think that horoscopes decide our fate the reality is that our past karmas decide our janma lagna and its lord in this birth.

The continuity between two births is not an easy subject to understand though everybody has a past history of previous births. One has to have planetary support and right sense of realizations to sense the continuity. In a layman’s language an easy word to quote is “vasana”.

Bhrigu paddati says that the 6th house from past life house is the karmic house of this birth. Past life house is the house obtained by counting from the lagna as many signs as the lagna sign is located from Aries.

For example if Taurus is lagna, past life house is Gemini. 6th from Gemini is karmic house for this birth. This house will be 7th from lagna actually. All rules apply here as per the classics. But results will be a continuity of past karma.

For Gemini lagna, it is 3rd from Aries. So past life house will be 3 counts from Gemini. That is Leo. So , now if we count 6 from Leo, that is Capricorn. That is the karmic house for Gemini.

Planets related to karmic house will bring abnormal pains in karakatwa related to them if this karmic house has afflictions.

I could get right answers for sufferings if I take this dictum into consideration.

भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Re: past life house

Post by aquarian.sun » 22 Oct 2019

My 6th house is Gemini..6th from Gemini is Scorpio...I have moon and rahu in scorpio 11th house.A lot of karma i guess.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 23 Oct 2019

Your lagna is Capricorn- that is 10th from Aries.
From Capricorn 10th house is past life house. That is you have Libra as your past life house.
From here 6th house is karmic house.That will be Pisces. As this is 3rd from your lagna, your karmic sufferings will be related to that karakatwa like siblings, hearing, old friends, vitality and courage etc.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 23 Oct 2019

Pisces is your karmic house.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aquarian.sun » 24 Oct 2019

Yes.Sorry.There is an benefic exalted planet there...does it mean i don't have karma?

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 24 Oct 2019

This seems like an interesting perspective, especially for me.

Lets see... My lagna is aries, so I guess the past life house remains the same (Or is there any other dictum in this case to identify past life house?) 6th from Aries is virgo. Moon is here. moon's dispositer mercury is in 11th badhak house, with rahu -- again 6th from 6th house virgo. Moon is aspected by sun, venus, jupiter and saturn, from 12th, 12th, 2nd and 9th respectively. With saturn badhkesh in 9th. Kemdruma Dosha presence is also debatable here.

so i guess my karma related to 6th house is pretty bad. Litigation, disease, debt, visible enemies.

But it really is planets related to 6th house which brought pain and misery in my life, related to their karakatwas. I don't have any chronically problematic disease except 1 - asthma and sinus, related to Rahu/saturn I think. My rahu mahadasha just ended in april-may. and boy was it a perfect example of downward spiral. Severe problems in higher education, despite being a topper till school (Mercury-rahu conjunct in 11th/saturn in 9th). unimaginable heartaches. depression/emotional turmoil.The damned ADHD. Family's wrath (2nd), especially big opinion differences with father(9th). No wealth (2nd), or job (6th).

I just exist.

maybe my D60 have something to say about it, where D1 and D60 lagna lord, mars, gets debilited in 2nd house (from D-60 moon) and in 9th house (from D-60 lagna).

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Oct 2019

Lefteye:
We have the basic teachings that Houses 2,6 and 10 are related to prarabdha karma , karma that has to be faced in this birth. 1,5,9 are houses reflecting sanchita karma and we can't do much corrections in these houses easily. Houses 3,7 and 11 are free will. Key to do corrections in previously said houses liein these 3 houses.
Bhrigu system refers to the concept-past life house.
Very interesting.
Which would be my past life house? Which house effects can be corrected then?
How do you distinguish is a person has cheated you say with money and you have to fight for it or not?
Is it that if you fight and win, it is not related to past life effect?

Dev

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 29 Oct 2019

Dev,
PLH is something really working. 6th from PLH gives source of issues to a high level. One has to look for both the 6th houses-one regular and one from this PLH.

Having a benefic in that karmic 6th gives peaceful life as a general rule.

It is difficult to change the course of events as a horoscope is a biologically sealed program. It takes a very hard task to effect the change.

I have come across a statement- out of 6,8 and 12th houses, the lookout differs from person to person. For people with spiritual inclinations 8th and 12th are not malefic actually but are neutrals. 6th was not given regard here as it can’t be an enjoyable bhava for common man. There are some additional findings done by Sapta rishi scholars. This points out 6th as the source of troubles of the past birth. As 2nd and 10th are in artha trikone they also get into this prarabdha category.

How does one react to an unfavourable action inflicting loss is a different topic. Naturally one has to initiate actions for recovering. I am attaching a dedicated paragraph and a link at last. But losing money is depending on 2nd and 6th. Being good or bad in this birth is not going to stop those events if left unattended for remedies. I came to understand that a great astrologer got affected by blepharoptosis on both eyes. Even he has not expected this level of affliction. He thought of undergoing a cataract surgery. I have seen some tragic accidents where total family has got killed except the native and native alone got killed while other members escaped. In all these cases the individuals are good souls.
There is another quote here based on Bhirugu system. I have posted here for 12 bhavas:
2.2nd from Saturn=Rnanubandha, karmic debts, pending karma= Saturn destroys the second house from its occupation.

12.12th from Saturn is sanchita karma. Mostly we will have collection of bad karmas in sanchita baggage.

10th from Saturn Represents kriyamana karma. A benefic in trine is welcome here-as this is giving results of fructifying agamic and prarabdh karmas in this birth.

Regarding the reaction to a loss /theft the individual reacts automatically based on his Rahu mainly. The 9 planets are compared to brain parts like this:

Sun is correlated to Thalamus.
Moon- Hypo Thalamus.
Mars-Amygdala
Mercury-Sub thalamic nucleus
Jupiter-Globus pallidus
Venus- Substantia Nigra
Saturn-Putamen
Nodes- caudate nucleus
12 houses,12 signs and 12 bhavas are related to central nervous system. This gives identity to all 27 stars as well.

http://www.peterffreund.com/Dissertatio ... Uy_L8mqW3s

The caudate nucleus plays a vital role in how the brain learns, specifically the storing and processing of memories. It works as a feedback processor, which means it uses information from past experiences to influence future actions and decisions. This is analogous to chita the 3rd in the series of 4 antakarana manas buddhi chita and ahamkara. H.M.King Nader Ram correlates this to Rahu and Ketu which reflects the past karma in a chart.

In Vedāntic literature, this antaḥkaraṇa (internal organ) is organised into four parts:
Ahaṃkāra (ego) – identifies the Atman (self) with the body as 'I'
Buddhi (intellect) – controls decision making
Manas (mind) – controls sankalpa (will or resolution)
Citta (memory) – deals with remembering and forgetting
Where we can correlate Buddhi to Mercury and Manas to Moon easily, the remaining two were not correlated to planets. Citta is correlated to the nodes here. Ahamkara remains not yet correlated to any planet and it can be compared to the Purusha. (This ahamkara is different from mamakara and we confuse these two terms in practice. Ahamkara is an inbuilt quality/element of 36 tatvas which reminds the jeevan about I. Mamakara(bad ego) and possessiveness are two different bad elements followed in spiritual side in addition to the 6 ripus.)
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 29 Oct 2019

Nice detailed answer lefteye.
I will go through the video and get back to you.
You say, Saturn destroys the second house from its occupation.
It is 4th house for me, I have to take this with a pinch of salt.
4th is for happiness at one's character, home, education and properties and so on.

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 01 Nov 2019

@lefteye

Since you are talking about pastlife....Need to discuss one thing here...At 44 , I am unmarried....Once a purohit who had seen my chart was saying "You are still left unmarried because in your previous birth your spouse had cursed you"

Is it true that curse is being carried from one birth to next?

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 07 Nov 2019

@Sudhi
Yes. Curses are long lasting.
@Dev ji
All these statements should be read with - "tend to " We can't have one single rule to decide the net result which is the equilibrant of various forces acting upon the life of the native as a whole. The fixing of lagna itself is not satisfactory in all cases. That plays a very vital role as you are aware.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Nov 2019

Fine lefteye. I sent you a pvt mail.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 13 Nov 2019

For past karma jup and sat plays a major role .if both jup and sat were retro then definitely the person has past karma .

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

But any retro planet relates to past life karma be it mercury, venus or mars too.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 13 Nov 2019

No particularly if it is jup and sat then it is sure

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

But I have read retro mercury refers to arrogance in past life, retrovenus to injustice done to women or wife and so on. If retro had no effect, then why at all do we have retro as another classification?

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 14 Nov 2019

Even if retro or not all planets show past karma in any chart. BY placement in different bhavas they reveal our past debits and credits. when combust they show how strong they are or how weak they are in delivering their rewards or results .In any all our karmic deeds by words or deeds or thoughts are paid by measure by measure . Any remedial measure gives 20%relief only . Bur if done with utmost trust and faith they give chitthasuddhi and make us not to repeat the mistake . For getting that awareness remedial measures are suggested and not for escaping the consequences of our bad karmas . Whether one believes or not this is the golden rule of Divine justice .But Saturn and Rahu particularly show our bad karmas and Saturn by strict implementation of the deliverance of results gives a permanent and genuine change in the psyche .

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 17 Nov 2019

Dev wrote:
13 Nov 2019
But I have read retro mercury refers to arrogance in past life
Oh....I have retro Mercury....
also I have retro Jupiter,Rahu,Ketu....Looks like lots of past karmas I am carrying...

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 17 Nov 2019

Rahu and kethu are retro always .

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 17 Nov 2019

Are you arrogant by the way?

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 17 Nov 2019

Dev wrote:
17 Nov 2019
Are you arrogant by the way?
Maybe in my past life.... :mrgreen: Certainly not arrogant in this life.....However,I am highly selfish....

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 18 Nov 2019

How can you come to that conclusion? In fact this question presupposes the same on the part of ------

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 18 Nov 2019

All planets work in perfect union to reward or punish the native. This PLH is one of the concepts. Losers of good opportunities may realise this like me. The punishment takes us by surprise mainly and it changes the scene over night. So in any chart, if 1,5,9 are strong native can be steady and gets divine protection.

Retro status indicates extreme abuse / addiction/misuse to that karakatwa in previous birth. But this comes next to Atma karaka. The karaka tithi /yoga at birth given in JHora is related to Atma karaka or 8th house in D9. Praying that tithi lord will make life better.

However in case of troubles which give undue worries and pose real threats, it means that a form of Mrityu is covering the native. Taittiriya Aranyakam quotes 4 types of Mrityu. Out of these, Kala Mrityu denotes the end of life. But the other 3 give troubles that are equal to death. In such troubles, the benefics do over work by saving the native from major mishaps thereby becoming less effective in other counters. So, chanting Mrityunjaya mantra, Ashtothra,Shiva kavacham, Narayana kavacham will give relief as they give enough energy to these benefics. The frequency should be decided by the rate of recovery one gets.It will vary from person to person.

I have gone through one article by Pt.Sanjay Rath -about Moola dasa. He explains the events on that dasa and planet position. Even if we run a good Vimshottari, if Moola dasa indicates the dasa of a cursed planet, we don't get the result.

Again, for vimshottari also, he refers 4 dasas using utpanna 5th star kshema th star and Adhana 8th star in addition to Moon Star. We have provisions in JHora for all these things.
We should look for the association of upagrahas, some rasi dasas like nirayana dasa and yogini dasa also to decide the correct course of the vimshottari results.

But the birth time is different.
I am glued to it to get a right approach.

@Devji-The delay is due to this single factor of finding a right time as per the postulates.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 18 Nov 2019

lefteye,
take your time. As far as you remember, it is fine.
True. Several articles appear on retro planets. As indicated, retro mercury refers to arrogance in the past which is carried over in this birth. But as said, I too with retro marcury am not arrogant. I am down to earth but when irritated I become too short tempered which may appear as arrogance to others. I think I know my strength and weaknesses.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 18 Nov 2019

Any organ misused becomes defunct in this life . Any person ill treated comes back to repay the debt . For this realisation we need not break our heads as to what could be the cause . A sincere repentance and whole hearted effort to set it right does more good than any remedy , of course with total surrender to the chosen deity .