Modus operandi of the nodes

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Modus operandi of the nodes

Post by lefteye » 14 Oct 2019

Modus operandi of the nodes:

The approach to understand a chart , its demands, its traps has been defined in various types by scholars. The one to start the analysis using nodes seems to be very useful. The nodes act in 6 possible axes with 12 types of arrangements. If we do an X-Ray of a chart,with nodes, Saturn and badakesh visible, it would be easier to understand the life course.

The desire that propels the soul to take birth on the physical plane is Rahu (north node) and the completion of that desire is Ketu (south node). Ketu indicates the pending karma that would be going to trouble in this birth and Rahu supports Ketu indirectly in its mission.

While conscious memories of past lifetimes are wiped out at the time of birth, each lifetime is connected to the past through the subconscious. We call this as vasanaas. The birth chart is a reflection of stored memories from past lives (as well as early childhood), which become the basis of our reactions, feelings, choices, obsessions, fears etc.

1/7 Axis: In the first house Rahu will obsess and fear losing our self identity to the partner and Ketu in seven will be highly idealistic, seeking only perfect partners. In reverse, Ketu in the first will negate the self and Rahu in seven will become compulsive about needing to lose itself in relationships. Harmonizing our needs with those of our partner will bring this axis into balance.

2/8 Axis: Rahu in the second house can become attached and fearful of not having our tangible needs met and Ketu in the eighth will reject the deeper intangible mysteries of life. In reverse, Ketu in the second will shun its material responsibilities and Rahu in the eighth will become fixated with exploring life on the deepest emotional and intangible level. In the second and eighth house we have to balance our tangible and intangible resources and needs to grow and evolve.

3/9 Axis: Rahu in the third will have an insatiable appetite for acquiring skills and information and Ketu in the ninth will reject higher philosophical teachings. In addition, Rahu in the third will rely on its own skills and knowledge to achieve its goals and Ketu will reject the spiritual path. In reverse, Rahu will be consumed with god, religion, and spiritual matters in the ninth house and Ketu will reject practical efforts required to achieve the goals. In the third and ninth house axis we are learning to balance the lower concrete mind with the higher perceptive mind and self effort with God’s grace.

4/10 Axis: Rahu in the fourth house will be overwhelmed by its feelings, instincts, intuition, home and emotions and Ketu in the tenth will be afraid to carry out its responsibilities and express its full potential in the outer world (especially career). In reverse, Rahu in the tenth will become very ambitious in seeking power and status, and Ketu in fourth will sacrifice the inner alter, home and emotional life. In the fourth and tenth house axis the polarities of our masculine and feminine natures collide and we are learning to harmonize our inner and outer life.

5/11 Axis: Rahu in the fifth house will be bent upon leaving its distinct mark in the world, often giving very fertile and creative talents and Ketu in the eleventh will resist loosing its identity to the greater whole. In reverse, Rahu in eleven will become infatuated with name, fame, material gains or sacrifice for the greater good and Ketu in the fifth house will reject the development of our unique individuality and creativity. In the fifth and eleventh axis we are learning to balance our unique individuality with that of our place in the larger community.

6/12 Axis: Rahu in the sixth can become obsessive compulsive, competitive in seeking order and discipline just as Ketu in the twelfth rejects surrendering or letting things follow their own course. In reverse, Ketu in the sixth will be critical of having to follow routines, regulations and traditional work ethic and Rahu can lose itself to the pursuit of other worldly mystical experiences or escape from real life responsibilities. Harmonizing the need for discipline and order with surrendering and letting go brings this axis into balance.

भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Modus operandi of the nodes

Post by Shivoham » 14 Oct 2019

I have Rahu-Ketu on 6th-12th Axis but your said dictum doesn't apply in my case at all. Actually what applies is just the opposite which you mentioned i.e. Ketu in 6th, Rahu in 12th. Maybe this is because Rahu Ketu is involved in Nakshatra Exchange with each other. Rahu in Moola & Ketu in Ardra.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 14 Oct 2019

Rahu in 6th - follows routines clinically. Modiji has Rahu in 6th. He has an astonishing perfection of repeating routines. I have seen this pattern in two more charts recently-they are go getters.

Even though we have Ketu in 6th , we will try to follow the routines but that will be out of forced needs. Obviously due to job needs. It won't be a prolonged one.

I have checked these patterns in all charts and found to be working almost with 100% reliability.

Another point in this arrangement- with Rahu in 6th one feels the competition to be a cat and mouse game. Native inherits enormous strength and energy from nowhere and completes the tasks. Competitors would make wrong moves automatically and facilitate the task for the native. With Ketu in 6th, the fear of incurring diseases will be alarmingly more.

Please check these aspects also.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 14 Oct 2019

Rahu in 6th in D-1 doesn't work for me at all as per the aforementioned dictums. I will share with you the Summary of 8 years of Rahu MD. It started in January 2012. The effects that I have felt since then is that there is no inclination to compete or work hard in competition of any sort. I have no interest in studying & cramming bookish knowledge & write that down in exam. Just want to give up on these sort of things. Not disciplined at all, I never followed any routine. Many times, I am awake at night & sleeping in morning. Most time spent on internet & gadgets like mobile, tv & computer for different purposes both positive & negative. Became lethargic & complacent in this period. Interest in spirituality, metaphysics, esoteric & occult grew tremendously from 2015 onwards. Used electronic devices, internet, ebooks, music, movies, games, application as a mode of escapism. No inclination or interest in doing a regular job as if money is somehow going to come automatically or rain over my head. Prefer seclusion, reclusive nature, no relationship ever, extremely sensitive, easily offended, no bad habit except addiction to technology. Extremely inclined towards Shiv Shankar & his Parivaar for worshipping. Only Karthikeya worship was missing which I will start from now onwards. Most of the time in these 8 years is spent inside home, no motivation to meet new people or make a living & earn money. Humiliated by family due to no earning sources. Just like to stay on bed & contemplate. People around me have a misconception that I am extra ordinarily intelligent but it should change by now as I have no work since 6 years. Fictitious job position is shown for this period in an automobile dealership due to an acquaintance that owns it. Financially situation deteriorating due to no source of income. Father is retiring next year & grandpa's health is up down too, although he gets pension, so onus & responsibility is upon me which I am not adhering to.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 14 Oct 2019

Dear lefteye,

Love your recent, thorough contributions here. Really appreciate all these observations of yours.

I have a question about 11-5 axis. Does this placement (especially ketu in 5th house) resist/deny success in any creative pursuit? Or does it simply make a person disinterested in such matters? What does 5th lord have to say about it?

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 15 Oct 2019

@abhi8492i

Happy to note your comments on the observations. Thank you. :D

Rahu in eleven will become infatuated with name, fame, material gains or sacrifice for the greater good
-This requires individuality and creativity. Then alone one can get name fame and gain.

and Ketu in the fifth house will reject the development of our unique individuality and creativity.-
-This is the action plan of Ketu to renounce those three factors demanded by Rahu.

By reading the data of all other planets,we have to choose an optimum level of these factors. In this case we have to see the strength of 5th lord,house and navamsa dispositor. Ketu alone in 5th gives such effect. But we have to see other conditions also to minimise this action of Ketu.As ketu is spiritually related, it will tempt the native to renounce importance given to material pursuits.

For example Rahu will give an idea to impress an ex business associate by throwing a party this weekend evening and Ketu will force to go to some temple on that day. We have to identify this conflict and apply free will to choose a right option.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 16 Oct 2019

@lefteye, how will they tend to operate if the nodes are on each other's nakshtras on any axis? Will they try to mimic each other and native would be a confused person after all? Thank you for the great article.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 16 Oct 2019

@Dashas,
I have raised this question here in many forums but could not get a right answer.The theory that planets assume the configuration of dispostary stars is not sound. But the position of star placement assumes significance in terms of navamsa counts and nadis mentioned there. Still dispository stars have been defined good for some planets and bad for some planets. This can be experienced.If you search in wiki/astro data you may find the details for all 108 padas and how they influence planets.

The principles quoted here are the basic line of action or course of direction decided by the nodes,badakesh and Saturn. If they are inauspicious we can compare it to bone fracture in our body. Damage at root level. Other favourable placements of planets and stars can be compared to subsequent putty,tinkering and paint touch up=silver rod replacement. :lol: That part of the body has to be remembered always with care. The same is the case with charts.But we miss the line of action partially in viewing charts. We become believers of our benefics to the fullest.

It may sound a pessimistic note but the nodes are very powerful in creating maya.
They surpass all planets in strength. Naturally, they will surpass stars also in strength. We are worried about planets placed in the stars of nodes but we are not happy if they are placed in benefic's stars. Their placements in particular stars may facilitate some functions. But this aspect is more of a belief than the actual fact.

Ketu in 2nd will not allow the native to save money. He will spend without hesitation. Rahu in 2nd will make the native capable of making others to spend.A completely changed orientation.

Best way to tackle them is to be proactive. If I have Ketu in 2nd I prefer transactions in some other family member's name who has a better 2nd house besides following the religious remedial steps.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 16 Oct 2019

Lefteye,
Whatif the Rahu and Ketu sits in their own nakshtra?
I have Rahu in 10th kanya rasi.I heard that Rahu in 10 th house does not give job satisfaction.Is that true? What are they trying to teach the jataka when in 4/10axis?

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 16 Oct 2019

@snsharma
Rahu in 10th is infatuated to brahmanda;it is glutton and insatiable. Natives with Rahu in 10th will be addicted to power. Inauspicious Rahu here leads to abuse of power and an auspicious Rahu makes a good administrator besides making one technically efficient. One should not forget the height he has been elevated to by this Rahu. He should learn and be prepared to live without this brahmanda. Ketu in 4th teaches this to the native.Durga and Ganapathy are important to learn the act of balancing if one has the nodes in 4-10 axis like this.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aum » 18 Oct 2019

lefteye wrote:
16 Oct 2019
@snsharma
Rahu in 10th is infatuated to brahmanda;it is glutton and insatiable. Natives with Rahu in 10th will be addicted to power. Inauspicious Rahu here leads to abuse of power and an auspicious Rahu makes a good administrator besides making one technically efficient. One should not forget the height he has been elevated to by this Rahu. He should learn and be prepared to live without this brahmanda. Ketu in 4th teaches this to the native.Durga and Ganapathy are important to learn the act of balancing if one has the nodes in 4-10 axis like this.
"Brahmanda" - Brahmāṇḍa means all over the universe

What exactly are you inferring with the term Brahmanda here??

Auspicious vs Inauspicious would be based on sign placement (Debilitated)? Since 10th Rahu is generally considered a good placement.

Also, ability and Abuse are 2 polarities of usage, but does Rahu in 10th guarantee Power Status?

I have a 10th Rahu conjunct Mars to the minute in Scorpio. How do you see it?

TIA

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 18 Oct 2019

Even if this brahmanda is given, that would be insufficient for Rahu in tenth.Tenth is karma.Rahu is Maya. Karma means every action and it includes profession also. When Maya becomes the lord of karmic house , it leads the native in a path of power/authority seeking. Ego dominates the mind.Though this desire is natural and applicable to all but with Rahu in tenth the craving will be more.

Auspicious includes many factors like better placing in navamsa,in good tara to lagna, dispositor planet being benefic and well placed in navamsa, no connections to 64th navamsa , 22nd drekkana and free from upagraha connections etc.

Mars Rahu conjuct- Mars gets beaten up by Rahu. If Mars is weak in ayanabala that can be a source of troubles through controversies. Accident prone. Expert in work. Can do any work with good degree of expertise.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aum » 18 Oct 2019

Thank you for the useful and Verbose explanation.

Watching this thread!

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 19 Oct 2019

Rahu will focus on 3rd from its natal position(clockwise). Mars will transfer its energy to 10th from its natal position. Durga worship is necessary.

Aghora Sahasranama parayan is for Aghorastra Murthy. We don't have Sahasranama for other 4 faces of Lord Shiva. This can be tried if you are interested.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 19 Oct 2019

I have Rahu in 10H from Moon and in 11H from lagna. I have read that Rahu in 10H wil give a native the opportunity to bathe in the sacred waters, like Ganga. It proved true in my Guru - Rahu period. However, as a malefic in 10H I suppose it will give a bad reputation (as against the placement of benefics which gives Amala yoga).

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 20 Oct 2019

The notes for the nodes are based on positions from Janma lagna. They can't be applied to other lagnas. Pilgrimage is related to 5th 9th 10th and 12th houses from lagna. 11th gives chances for club/friends /business activities.3rd,8th also give small tours.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 20 Oct 2019

I have Rahu in 3 from Moon and 7 from lagna I had been to VARANASI 9 times just to bathe in Ganga and meditate on the banks of the river . I have a secret desire to see Siddhas on the banks of Ganga as I was told That Sage Vyasa daily comes to Manikarnika ghat along with thousands of his sishyas .

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 20 Oct 2019

Rahu imparts energy into 3rd house from where he is placed.5th house. 5th house is for pilgrimage.3rd is for travel. For darshan of Sages, why need to go all places? We can get darshan if they are willing. If they are willing to be seen, they would give darshan when we meditate upon them with or without mantras.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 21 Oct 2019

It is said that many siddhas come to Varanasi because it is the holiest place on earth and would not get destroyed even during pralayam .Yes , what you said is correct . We can see them if we meditate upon them. But that is totally different perception and conviction .

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aum » 21 Oct 2019

lefteye wrote:
19 Oct 2019
Rahu will focus on 3rd from its natal position(clockwise). Mars will transfer its energy to 10th from its natal position. Durga worship is necessary.

Aghora Sahasranama parayan is for Aghorastra Murthy. We don't have Sahasranama for other 4 faces of Lord Shiva. This can be tried if you are interested.
Traditionally we learn of Rahu having 5 / 7 / 9 'th (Counter Clockwise) aspect. Also we hear Rahu / Ketu making no aspect. Depending on the school one follows.

You have mentioned a 3rd aspect (Clockwise) Would be nice to have a more detailed info about this and Rahu in general.

Let's Smoke with Rahu!!
Durga worship is necessary.
I did Durga Stuti earlier but stopped, will try again.
Downloaded the sanskrit text and Audio of Aghora Sahasranama.

Aum

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 21 Oct 2019

iladevi19 wrote:
21 Oct 2019
It is said that many siddhas come to Varanasi because it is the holiest place on earth and would not get destroyed even during pralayam .Yes , what you said is correct . We can see them if we meditate upon them. But that is totally different perception and conviction .
Perception Is to look for sookshama rupa in sthoola loka and and conviction arises if they are not found there. Fact is to see them at where we are and that will become a daily routine , once put into practice.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 21 Oct 2019

Is it possible for all to see like that .