Moving into depression due to unemployment - please help

Questions about career and job.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
R2D2
Moving into depression due to unemployment - please help

Post by R2D2 » 09 Nov 2018

Hello all,

Please help.

DOB: 23/8/1974
TOB: 16:05 PM
POB: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Lagna: Dhanus
Rashi: Tula
Dasha+Bukthi: Budh+Rahu (started August 2016, ending March 2019)

I was doing well in my career but got laid off unexpectedly on September 11, 2017. Since then there is no sight of regaining employment. I’m starting to get seriously depressed.

Please let me know when I should expect to get a job. Thank you.

iseek
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moving into depression due to unemployment - please help

Post by iseek » 15 Nov 2018

I understand your stress. The sadesati along with dasha bhukti has led this to happen. The current dasha and transit do not appear to be favourable too. Next antardasha of guru should bring positivity, along with the transit of guru, i.e Oct 2019 onwards.

Do not lose heart though, keep trying and also try to occupy your time with some hobbies, sometimes these also help in such duration. You can even think of taking up any course that may aid in your career and utilise the time optimally.

All the best. Take care.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 21 Nov 2018

Thank you iseek for your response - wish you every joy and success.

My interpretation of your response is as follows. Kindly let me know I’ve misinterpreted.
1. Chances of regaining employment improve when Bush+Guru starts in March 2019.
2. Chances become better when Guru moves to Dhanus (Sagittarius) in November 2019.

Also, one question. I was attributing the start of my unemployment to Guru transiting to my janma rashi (Tula) because I lost my job exactly on the date of that transit (September 11, 2017). I thought janma guru along with Rahu antardasha was the root cause.
I didn’t attribute it to Sade Sathi because that phase was already going on. I didn’t attribute it to Rahu antardasha alone because that started in June 2016 itself.
I lost my job exactly on the date of Guru transit to Tula.
What is the flaw in this thinking?

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 16 Mar 2019

Update - no sign of employment yet.

Not sure if anyone else would like to study my chart and advise. Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Sujit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sujit » 16 Mar 2019

R2D2 wrote:
16 Mar 2019
Update - no sign of employment yet.

Not sure if anyone else would like to study my chart and advise. Appreciate any input. Thanks.
Ascendant is Sagittarius placed on the edge of the sign. in less than 2 minutes would change.
Based on verification of job loss, time of birth looks correct.
You can take up learning new skills as chances are not looking good till end of the year.
- Sujit
http://astrologer.Sujit.tripod.com
If you have the right knowledge, EXACT predictions can be made. Astrology is an incredible tool for guidance and one should take note of the energies of changing dasa lords.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 16 Mar 2019

Thank you Sujit. Truly appreciate your response.

It would be great if you could help me understand the basis of the prediction. Is it Saturn’s transit, Guru’s transit, Mercury dasha etc.?

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 19 Mar 2019

Sujit sir,
Based on the timing you’ve predicted, the only conclusion I’m able to come to is that you are looking at Saturn in Sagittarius aspecting my natal Saturn in Gemini. Is this correct?
If so, I had no clue that this was a bad thing. Appreciate it if you could educate me. Thank you.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 12 Apr 2019

Learned astrologers,

I’ve been informed by an astrologer that a technical analysis of my chart isn’t possible. I’m not knowledgeable enough to understand what that means. Fortunately on this forum, a couple of astrologers came forward to help and advised me that regaining employment will take until this year’s end. I thankfully accept this wisdom.

If possible it would very helpful for my learning if others could weigh in and explain the planetary reason for this prediction and my current predicament. Please educate me. Thank you.

Btw - irrespective of my situation and whatever time it takes for a solution, I will not lose hope or reduce my efforts. I will keep learning and trying.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 05 May 2019

Respected astrologers,

Nothing in sight yet - but I have not reduced my efforts. Will keep at it.

One question. So far I’ve been told that chances aren’t good until year end. Does this also mean that things are good from year end onwards? In other words, may I expect to be back in the working space from 2019 end?

Thank you for your insights.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 15 May 2019

Respected astrologers,

No sign of employment yet - but I have not reduced my efforts. Will do whatever it takes to get back to work.

I would still like to know the details of the astrological events that led to my unexpected unemployment.
I also request you all to chime in and let me know when I should expect my efforts to succeed. So far I’ve been told that chances aren’t good until year end. Does this also mean that things are good from year end onwards? In other words, may I expect to be back in the working space from 2019 end?

Thank you for your insights. God Bless.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 27 Jun 2019

All,

I’ve been unemployed for 21 months thus far. I’m making every attempt to keep my skills updated and am sparing no effort in seeking employment. However efforts have been fruitless thus far. It would be of great comfort to me if someone can shed some additional light on my situation.

1. I’ve been told that chances aren’t good till year end. Does this also mean I should expect to gain employment by year end? In other words, when should I expect to get a job?
2. What is the astrological basis for my situation? I was hoping to regain employment after Guru moved to Scorpio, worst case by the time my Rahu bukthi ended in March 2019. Neither times worked out.

I’d appreciate any details that can be provided. It will be a great help for me. Thank you.

Surya_1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Surya_1 » 27 Jun 2019

Sept onwards you will get to see good symptoms. You will either find a job after change in place or you will get a job in a far off place.
I strongly suggest you to change place.
Till end of this year, however will be slow, and pickup next year onwards.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 30 Jun 2019

Thank you Surya_1. Appreciate your response.

I guess you are (like iSeek and Sujit) pointing me towards Guru’s transit coming in November. Any other astrological detail would be much appreciated.

The reason I’m being a bit lost is because I thought I had a grasp on why my unemployment started (Janma Guru along with Rahu bukthi in Mercury dasha, and Rahu being in 12th house from Lagna in my birth horoscope). Per this logic, I should have regained employment in October 2018 as Guru moved away from my rashi (Tula). I guess my limited knowledge of astrology was just that - limited and misleading.

I’d truly appreciate it if someone could explain astrologically the reason my unemployment started and the cosmic configuration that will get me re-employed.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 10 Sep 2019

Update -
1. some recruiters have reached out to me to discuss positions. Hopefully something will materialize. I will try my best.
2. the positions they want to discuss are as not as senior and don’t pay as much as my previous jobs. But that’s understandable given that I’ve been unemployed for 2 years. I’m happy to get back into my professional field at any level.

Surya_1 mentioned that I may get a job with change in location or a job from a far off place. What’s the difference between these two? Wouldn’t far off place also imply location change? Or does far off place indicate remote work?

Thank you. Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu

archangelraphael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archangelraphael » 10 Sep 2019

Hi R2D2,

Lagna is at fag end of Sagittarius. Its in 28.48 degree. In less than a minute Lagna changes. So, I would request you some feedback with following scenerio:

For Uttarashada Nakshtra pada 1 Sun is the nakshtra lord and he rules the 9th Dharma Bhava from Saggiatrius And 9th lord in 9th house indicates Father must be employed in Foreign lands or lived in a Spiritual monastery for a long time. 10th lord Mercury in 9th house also makes one work in distance lands. 5th lord in 9th house too helps a native pursue education abroad. 5th lord Conjunct 7th in 9th house Love marriage indication.

For Uttarashada Nakshtra Pada 2 Sun is the nakshtra lord and rules the 8th house from Capricorn which shows sudden changes in relationship with father, father faced many ups and downs in own career, Problems with authority, 10th lord Venus in would be in Cancer (Natural 4th house of homeland), You are working in your homeland, 7th house of spouse in 4th house. Arranged marriage or met your spouse in workplace.

Which scenario applies well to you well. If it wont be problem request you for feedback.

I see Tajak,Tithi Pravesh and Mudda Dasha to analyze upcoming events, I will predict there are strong chances of gaining employment after November 23rd 2019.

Raphael

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 11 Sep 2019

Thank you Raphael. Appreciate your help and guidance. Following are some details which will hopefully help the analysis.

1. Father was a bank employee. While he travelled all over India due to transfers, he was in India for all his employment. He did travel to the US and live there quite a bit after his retirement.
2. I moved to the US in July 2001 to pursue my MBA and have lived here since then.
3. While I have worked in India for 4 years, most of my work experience is in the US.
4. Marriage is a bit complex. Ours in an arranged marriage, but my wife and I both found each other via internet profiles by our own search. However, all the traditions of arranged marriage were followed including horoscope match. So it is an arranged marriage that we made happen. Not sure if this makes sense.
5. I love my parents and they love me. While we argue all the time, we very much love each other.

Please help. I’m shocked that my Mercury Dasha, which was going so well, has become like this. Plus if Mercury MD is like this, I’m scared to think of what my upcoming Ketu Dasha will bring.

Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu.

archangelraphael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archangelraphael » 11 Sep 2019

Hi R2D2,

I have an explanation with my limited knowledge and may seem unorthodox. Hope it helps.

Dasa system does not always works most of the time; Because we know only few dasha systems. I believe there are numerous systems of calculation that can be applied uniquely to every individual chart. So, I analyze using the Tajaka and Tithi because the Sun, Moon, and Tithi are consistent as reference points.

I believe your lagna is Capricorn and here are some of my points to support the statement :

Your Sun is in 8th house Sun is karaka of father. 8th house generally rules tremendous ups and downs, hidden wealth, occult knowledge and other people's money. Your father works in a bank and he deals with other people's money. 9th house Sun placement generally denotes father's career that requires travel to distant lands not for leisure. 9th lord being Karaka for higher education(Post grad) Sun gives post grad in technology or physics or law. For Capricorn 9th lord is Mercury which rules over Management & Economics.

Most of details you mentioned are appropriate for Capricorn lagna. For e.g when you traveled the US Saturn was transiting the 9th house of higher education. 5th house is graduation and 9th house is post graduate education and 9th lord Mercury is returning to natal point.

Sun is the planet that gives authority. if you were Sagittarius lagna Sun being the ruler of 9th house a first rate Yogakaraka will never create such an event during September when Sun is transiting in Swakshetra. Swakshetra Sun is very powerful in Trikona or Kendra. Sun is the divine free will of a person, When well placed a person has the ability to gain desired through divine law not statutory law (Saturn)

But for Capricorn Sun being 8th lord a marak generally brings tremendous upheavals and Sun helped break the career with support of Jupiter. Its true that the event is triggered by Jupiter because your Moon is also Visakha nakshtra which is ruled by Jupiter itself.

Saturn sets the tone of next transit once it reaches it final pada. If you notice Saturn (Your lagna) is transiting Gandanta and moving to 12th house from lagna and Jupiter being 12th lord of losses is coming to 10th house for career. This created the break in your career.

Also I have seen lot of charts lately of Libra Moon people who were doing well in career during Saade Saati but onset of transiting into Sagittarius they lost the job because Saturn in 3rd from Moon is in 6/8 position to the 10th house. 3rd house is Vikrama bhava or house of efforts, communication and business which is in 6/8 angle to 10th house of career, job and administration. 6/8 angel is known to bring animosity, conflicts and breaks.

Sagittarius is not aturbulent sign as Scorpio because its ruled by all lucky Jupiter. But Saturn being a restrictive planets in the sign of Optimism also blocks true divine guidance that Sagitarius provides. Thats the reason general public are more confused and lost their connection with the true divine guidance. To aggregate Ketu also conjunct Saturn which caused more chaos.

I am certain that you will see beneficial results onset of Saturn transit Capricorn. Tajaka charts also suggest you will find some improvement in situation after Nov 23.

Raphael

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 11 Sep 2019

Thank you Raphael. Truly appreciate your taking time to analyze my chart and provide such detailed insights. This is very useful.

I’m probably pushing my luck by asking for additional insights, but do you think I’ll return to my previous career level? Or do I prep to rejoin the professional front at a lower level? Irrespective of the outcome, I will definitely give any job I find my 100%.

Also, if Capricon is indeed my ascendant, that means Ketu is in my 5th house. This means my upcoming Ketu dasha will be difficult. Have I been getting a preview of what’s to come?

You have been very comforting already. Wish you the very best.

Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu.

archangelraphael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archangelraphael » 11 Sep 2019

If we assume Capricorn is your Lagna Saturn will be returning to Swakshetra being the Lord of Lagna and Lord of Kutumbha (2nd House) Capricorn is a neutral sign that represents Governance and hierarchy. I will say you might rejoin at the same professional front but the salary will be below your expectations or expenses will sore high that you may not realize the gains; Because Jupiter will also transit swakshetra in 12th house of expenses. Jupiter in 12th gives losses on good account, sound sleep, peace of mind and guidance through ancestors.

Mathematics knows no bounds. Astrology is a pure mathematical system. Sage Parashara invented numerous Nakshtra Dashas; He concluded at those times Vimsottari is applicable for the major population. It might not hold true today. Even though there is always 1 percent of people pushing the boundaries of astrology; there need to be enough research done to discover a new generic system that can be applicable to the current 7 billion population.

If Capricorn is indeed your lagna, then probably major part of life you did not even knew your lagna. In times of uncertainty ignorance is bliss. Give your 100% & Leave the happenings in hand of god and become prey to optimism. Dont assume Ketu will be malefic in dasha; The role they play is duality of life. If Ketu in 5th hampers your creative expression, Rahu in 11th will fulfill your material desires. We are always loosing something while fulfilling a desire. The lesson is to bring balance in the order.

Raphael

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 12 Sep 2019

Thank you Raphael. Appreciate your wisdom and guidance.

Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 16 Oct 2019

Update:
None of the opportunities materialized. Most of the recruiter conversations didn’t proceed to the interview stage. I was interviewed by one company but didn’t get an offer. The official feedback was that they liked someone else better and I was in an extremely close second place. The unofficial feeler was that they weren’t comfortable hiring someone that has been unemployed for this long.
I will keep trying. Wish me luck.

archangelraphael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archangelraphael » 16 Oct 2019

I see Tajak,Tithi Pravesh and Mudda Dasha to analyze upcoming events, I will predict there are strong chances of gaining employment after November 23rd 2019.

Raphael
Visit Dakshina Murthy or any Guru temple on Thursday, if it exists near your vicinity.

Guru plays salient role in your life. Offer prayers to Guru Dakshinamurthy. Include "Om Gurave Namaha" in your daily prayers. Chanting 108 times is preferable.

Chances of gaining employment are higher in the last week of November. Give your best.

Best wishes
Raphael
ॐ बृहस्पतये नमः

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » 17 Oct 2019

Thank you Raphael. Appreciate your advice and encouragement. Will do.

Shivshankar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shivshankar » 17 Oct 2019

Favorable period - end of December/early part of Jan 2020, and then in March 2020 and then in last part of April 2020.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 17 Oct 2019

Your 10th lord is Budha and you are running his dasha. So, chanting Vishnu Sahasranamam or listening to it everyday would help.