K.P. System

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
joyd
K.P System

Post by joyd » 27 Jun 2018

vm-I also have the same opinion on prashna method.Last month when a medico asked me about her free pg govt seat and choice of her branch,both KP hora prashna chart showed postivity for both of her questions but she never got a free govt seat and also the choice of her branch.so she rejected the swc offer of a private seat and their choice of branch..

joyd.

joyd

K.P System

Post by joyd » 27 Jun 2018

1-As we see in traditional astrology... 2nd 7th and 11th house, similarly in K.P / ok vedic astrology also considers 4[gruhasthashrama] ,12[ignite house for marriage] , 8th[manglaya sthana].so how KP judges those houses for late marriage?[If it is in 4th, 12th, 8th... Late marriage].what is kp logic in it? can you explain it for lay mans understanding?

2- I remember the same was raised by another member few years ago, and it was answered. /so pl kindly reproduce your already given answers here for forum members sake..

joyd.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

K.P System

Post by sammyho148 » 05 Jun 2019

@ Sudhi,

As someone who has not yet decided which camp I am in (purely because of my rather low experience in reading charts), here is my take -

Traditional astrology especially Parasara system leaves a lot of scope for judgement to be exercised by the astrologer. The analysis is qualitative and hence different people can come to different conclusions depending on the relative weightage they accord to the various factors. There are a lot of calculations involved and ways and means of quantifying things but they are only seen as supporting factors to base the judgement on. Precise predictions can be given but for that astrologer needs to be adept at reading various divisional charts and using a lot of accumulated wisdom in the process.

KP is very rule driven and gives precise answers based on bhava chart placements with not too much scope left for ambiguity and judgement to be exercised by the astrologer. Once the correct birth time is identified, based on what the cuspal sub lords signify and some clearly defined rules, precise outcomes are predicted. In KP if time changes by 5 mins the cuspal sub lord can change and prediction completely change.

The higher divisional charts in traditional charts have lagnas changing in 2 mins but what I have seen is that those are rarely used by non professional astrologers. For example D-30 chart is used by some to take a firm call on character of women before and after marriage but most non professional astrologers never get to that level of analysis and complexity and base predictions mostly off D1 and D9.

Hence we will see some charts where by traditional methods marriage may be predicted by astrologers while KP followers may straightaway say with confidence that marriage is not promised. The extent of subjectivity in KP is much lower than traditional methods hence there is a greater likelihood of KP astrologers coming to the same conclusions among each other than in the case of traditional practitioners where the predictions can vary greatly.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

K.P System

Post by sammyho148 » 05 Jun 2019

@Vedam,

Not really. I am only saying that KP gives more clear cut and precise answers without too much scope for ambiguity. Whether these predictions are accurate or not is a different matter which I will take years to test out on many charts and then come to conclusions.

As you know, accuracy and precision are two very different things. As for me I would prefer to be broadly right than be precisely wrong :)

I have too little experience in reading charts to be able to favor or come to any conclusions yet. Maybe 3-4 yrs down the line once I have a respectable level of experience, I can actually make a case for which approach I am inclined towards.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

K.P System

Post by vedam33 » 05 Jun 2019

Sorry my intention is not that , actually if tob is correct then we can predict correctly . As such we cant take the tob given as correct unless and until some past events were given for checking the accuracy of tob . But no person will give the past events and asks to predict Luke when marraige will occur and for births in C section there will be large variation of birth time . In generall i ask to give some past events before venturing into future events , but some persons will give when asked repeatedly , and some will give blunt reply that tob was correct . Some times there might be imbrogilo that there might be am instead of pm . In the chart of sudhi I felt that tob might be wrong and I analysed the chart with revised tob so there seems to be deny in marraige .
As such presuming that only kp gives correct results and Vedic astrology gives wrong results is not true .
What I request all is some past important events should be given for assessing the correctness of time before analysing the future events . If we visit doctor we shall give some indications about health why same principle not followed in respect of astrology .
Sorry fir lengthy mail

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: K.P. System

Post by lovacrs » 06 Jun 2019

I think in all fairness, we should keep discussions on merits of KP system as a separate topic since Lex is just doing in this post what someone requested. Of-course we can discuss what we dont understand in his post or build thereon.
CRS

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 06 Jun 2019

Mahesh garu
I am in concurrence with you

joyd

Post by joyd » 06 Jun 2019

This is one of KP stalwarts Tin-Win opinion published in KP-Ezine magazine..

Question 2: Accuracy of Horoscopes in K.P. Readers
I am regularly reading your Magazine since few months. I have a Query for your "question-Answer" column.
There are many horoscopes in K.P. readers. But when we recast them manually, using the K.P. tables of houses, or by software, many times degrees of cusps don't match with K. P. Reader's original horoscope's cusp degrees. I want to know where is the problem? Is this is because the horoscope used in K.P. Readers were cast using Raphael Table of Houses?
Answer 2:
It is true that accuracy of cusps of calculated horoscopes in the KP Readers is poor due to using Raphael’s Tables of Houses which shows Lagna cusp up to degree and minute and other cusps up to degree only.

JOYD.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 13 Jun 2019

Do we have people here who follow Nadi system (as popularized by Umang Taneja on youtube)?

Appears to use significations in the order of Sub Lord > Star Lord > Planet without relying on Cuspal Sub Lords which can change and affect predictions drastically. He recommends that we use the Bhav Chalit chart to determine planet lordships of bhavas and placement too. From this method, one has a framework to assess that Planet X maybe good for career but bad for marriage etc.

I will test out this method on charts before I come to any conclusions. Also might serve as a good complementary method to use in addition to traditional parasara astrology

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 13 Jun 2019

I gone through the method given by sri Umang Taneja in the book nadi astrology ,studied but not applied to any charts

Kimahy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Kimahy » 13 Jun 2019

Look for my post 2 years back... I have used umang taneja sir method... it's simple and easy to understand... in fact J C Luthra sir is the person who use to follow this method and popularized by Umang sir.. My understanding is it is again derived or evolved from stellar system of astrology.. The reason Umang sir method does not use's Cuspal Sublord is because of birth time accuracy in natal chart... but for horary he uses cuspal sublord.. Difference between Nadi and KP or 4 step theory is Nadi consider's all house significator's... whereas there are special rules in kp or 4 step... tenanted, untenanted, self star... For example in KP there are A,B,C,D,E grade significators... whereas in nadi astrology there are none... In 4 step there are special rules to get strong signficators... only strong significators are considered and the weaker one's are ruled out...
Regards,
Kiran Mahyavanshi

Kimahy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Whatever Nadi astrology i learned is from his books...in all there are 6 books... I would say start with accurate predictive methodology... and also his youtube channel.. wherein his class recording are shared for free... Lecture's are quite lengthy, funny and interesting gossip....
Regards,
Kiran Mahyavanshi

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is first started by Sri gopal krishna row of chennai under nick name meena , he used stellar extensively and used sub system of star lord

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

He stressed more on star lordship of planet

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 13 Jun 2019

@Kimahy Ji, since 4 Step Theory has KP as basis, you could do an exclusive write up on the same as mentioned by CL ji before in this part. Regarding Nadi, we have sub divisions like Saptarishi, Bhrigu Nandi, RG Rao etc. Which Nadi system yields the best outcome :?:

Kimahy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

All forms of astrology yields best results... it depends on astrologer... and not astrology... planets are always divine and right... interpreter is wrong... exclusive write up... why to re-invent the wheel... I think there is already good content available freely on internet with regards to KP basics... one that I remember is in astrosage website.. google.. astrosage kp tutorial.. content is very simple,lucid, easy to grasp and understand..and Lex saab is master of KP... if one has to do exclusive write up... then the onus is on him.. I can do a write up on 4 step... how to find strong significators...
Regards,
Kiran Mahyavanshi

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sunil ji wrote exhaustively on 4step system and his articles were available in the Internet , further kp e magazine which is online edited by Sri kanak Bosnia has dealt extensively in his website , interested members can visit the website

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 13 Jun 2019

Thanks Kimahy.

I am a big fan of applying learnings across domains. Professionally one could call me a capital markets expert, I see similar situation over there too. The most famous investors like Buffett etc are gurus of fundamental analysis of a business where one needs to do some much work and have a very good understanding of how the multiple aspects of a business works. One very important quality that is never spoken about in public media is wisdom, maturity and an intuitive feel for how businesses can scale and grow profitably. Out of 500 people who try such a form of investing, only 7-8 will have the ability that too to varying degrees. The chances of someone going wrong here are very high, the gurus make it look ridiculously simple but for the average person it is very difficult. One cannot just read some books, expect to have a framework and start investing this way.

On the other hand technical analysis gives a simple framework and reduces everything to some very clearly defined rules that anyone can apply. This way one does not make silly errors since everything reduces to some standardized rules and trends that can be identified with confidence by anyone spends some time studying and grasps the basics. Generally for the average person his accuracy will be much higher when he uses this method of investing since they are all over the place when they go by fundamental investing.

Drawing a parallel to astrology, the traditional parasara system is like fundamental investing whereas Nadi and KP fall more into the arena of technical investing. For the right astrologer Parasara system is probably the best but then this applies to hardly 2-3% of the practicing astrologers. For the average practitioner who does not have that level of talent or intuition, my sense is rule based systems like KP and Nadi may yield far better results. From whatever limited reading I have done so far I feel that divisional charts are extremely important for finer predictions and analysis in traditional astrology, without that relying purely on rasi chart and answering even simple questions makes the accuracy and reliability of questions much lower than the standard base rate of 50% which one can achieve with a coin toss!

I personally am too young in my journey of reading charts, it has hardly been 1 year since I started doing focused chart reading though interest has been there for > 10 years. At least in the first few years it will make sense for me to do a triangulation approach and use complementary systems rather than rely on just one, it will ensure that I do not make silly errors. By the end of the 4th or 5th year I will myself have an idea of whether I am gifted enough to rely on just the traditional system or not.

As you rightly say, it ultimately depends on the astrologer. One needs to ask himself if he is indeed part of the 2% who have the talent and gift? Or part of the 98% who will do better with a rule based system?

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 13 Jun 2019

@Kimahy Ji, I was focusing on the point that " 4Step Theory has it's "base domain (basis)" from KP and not KP "basics"... seems you gazed it in a hurry :) ... my apologies too, I should have been more clear in expressing my facts to the intended recipients in right context. Would surely rectify this flaw of mine going ahead :(

also, I was making my humble request to you in my previous post to write an exclusive write up on 4 Step Theory only :)

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 13 Jun 2019

p.mahesh wrote:
06 Jun 2019
KNR garu has written many books in which he explained how predictions were given which is useful for learning.
KP theory is good. But, how many predictions were given by KP right by its founder KSK and by his followers till now? Where is it documented? Same is with PVR.NR garu, SR, DM etc. Writing books and theories is different, giving predictions consistently in advance using the theories is different.

And, late Prof KSK was born earlier. He only believed in teaching students in Bhartiya Bhavan Delhi and Mumbai ( then Bombay), and used to travel in train with own money in second/Third class ( those day Third class was available). Those days Calculators wasn't even invented, forget Computers/ softwares etc and related Printing or Publishing. He was Full time Govt employee, and gave up Govt job... for astrology teachings to students in Bharatiya Bhavan

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 13 Jun 2019

@sammyho - Good articulation of your thoughts on learning across domains. If I may continue the digression a bit, WB has been placed on a pedestal and worshiped for his earthy wisdom and deep convictions on doing what is right. However, he is also been accused of being a hypocrite, so if you have studied his words and his deeds, you will see the difference and he'e also been a speculator par excellence by his own admission. And the less said about how he turns a blind eye to ethics of every company owned by him, the better. I do not mean to talk ill about a famed investor, but one must know !

Coming to KP, yes, it appears to be more rules based and less on divination which is perhaps a good thing for those aspiring to "see" the future. Vargas are important in Parashari, yes, but do not make the mistake of confusing them to be "charts". Drawing a divisional "chart" that looks very similar to rasis & then superimposing all the rasi properties like aspects, conjunctions etc is something which is extremely illogical and defies mathematics.

In my own journey of K.P. I have come to the conclusion that the sub-lord, or the sub-sub-lord play the role of a divisional lord, since each is a finer and finer division of the gross rasi, so its embedded implicitly within the model itself. So KP inherently accepts role of finer divisions of space & integrates it well with the nakshatra lords. Of course there are many questions still raised on K.P and I am in process of discovering answers myself!
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 13 Jun 2019

Who KNR Garu :roll:
o.k O.K, is he the same person apologized for frauding Celebrity birth details published in journal or book whatever, Am I correct?
Let me google it, if it is correct, than entire books written will be a Big question mark and all should be put on scanner to detect any fraud

And, late Prof KSK was born earlier. He only believed in teaching students in Bhartiya Bhavan Delhi and Mumbai ( then Bombay), and used to travel in train with own money in second/Third class ( those day Third class was available). Those days Calculators wasn't even invented, forget Computers/ softwares etc and related Printing or Publishing. He was Full time Govt employee, and gave up Govt job... for astrology teachings to students in Bharatiya Bhavan
'
Adm., Those hightighted words regarding the most respected astrologer Sh. K.N Rao jee , is just not acceptable. Kindly delete these offending words. regards

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 14 Jun 2019

Thanks action taken. Now please delete my post also.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 14 Jun 2019

Adm, Kindly intervene. Not acceptable.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 14 Jun 2019

Kimahy wrote:
13 Jun 2019
Lex saab is master of KP... if one has to do exclusive write up... then the onus is on him.. I can do a write up on 4 step... how to find strong significators...
Hey Kimahy… Thanks a Lot for your words. K.P. System to be used effectively... application Traditional system is needed ( at the back of the mind), includes Nadi.
I must have used Nadi method in application long time ago, that helps in predicting K.P. Prashna system ( K.P. Prashna more of usage Nadi and K.P. System generic)

Astrology is not my profession, I have Learnt Vedas under Guru-Sishya Parampara way during early childhood after my sacred thread ceremony. Jyotish is aprt of vedas, which is why I had learnt again under supervison of a non-fraud / non- book writings in astrology :) :)

Credit goes to my parents and my Guru, thats all I can say.