Combustion - The Role of Sun

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nitin21
Combustion - The Role of Sun

Post by Nitin21 » 06 Feb 2017

When a planet gets combust, then what exactly is the role played by sun as the cause of it ? Is it the karakatwa i.e. the father combusts the planet OR the Lordship for e.g. 4th house factor mother ?

Also can anyone shed some light on why do we get combust planets in this life ? The root cause of past lives karma..

Views welcome.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Combustion - The Role of Sun

Post by shilpa » 07 Feb 2017

--Our horoscope for this life--> is a net balance of all the past life good and bad karmas....the summation of the assets and the liabilities ...like a balance sheet

Combustions in my view are in 3 categories ...the good, the bad and the reverse-bad....and a 4th case of conjunction of luminaries

1) Good Combustion is like I explained on the Fortune thread in Money forum...of Sun-Sat...more a conjunctions a "Responsibility Yoga" than a classical combustion

Sun-Me is also a good conjunction to have.....its often found...because Me is +/- 1 house from sun always and doesn't really lose much of it's karkatwaas / potency ...on the contrary it's a known Buddha / Nipuna yoga...making for natives that have a good degree of common sense.

2) Bad Conjunctions--> are with Ven ( quite common), Jup and Mar...where conjunction does take away some degree of the positive karkatwas of the planet
emotional compatibility from Venus
fighting ability from mars
luck factor out of Jup
may create medical defencies also signified by these planets also

3) Reverse Bad....is when sun conjunct with the nodes.....this is a classical grahan dosha / pitru dosha variant....and is a chart spoiler
eats away the signification of sun from that chart to some / great degree

limiting the sukh from Father / husband in many cases, gives thyroid problem......and damaging/ delaying the signification of the house on which it occurs.....such as marriage if in the 7th (or 1st) and children if in the 5th ( or 11th)

A notable exception are those born on eclipse...will have sun and moon conjunct with Ra / Ket or with Ket/ Ra
these native do suffer the dosha but to a lesser degree...but at the same time have some esoteric / spiritual gifts

4) That leaves the case of Sun-Mo which happens in charts born on amavasya....and this is a mixed case...that I will write later when i find time

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Against_oddS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Against_oddS » 07 Feb 2017

in my case the lagna lord is closely combusted and is also retrograde. i have had a lot of issues related to health etc. i can give other histroy in case some one is interested to study the effects.
3 may 1990
8:34 am
New delhi

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 08 Feb 2017

Dear shilpa,

thanks for your views. very insightful indeed.

The classics mention that during astangata i.e. sun is krura and affected planet is kopa i.e. irriated, angry, mischievious and all. Parasara goes on to deny any good effects when the planet is combust. Having said , this is without taking into consideration of any modifying factors like a benefic aspect or conjuction or exchange.

Pt. Sanjay Rath mentions that worshiping Siva will calm down sun and ill effects will be reduced. Combustion though acts good for renunciation at times when yoga giving planets are not giving fruits owing to combustion and person resorts to ascetism.

Still when benefics like jupiter are combust, texts also say not to perform ceremonies like upanayanam or other religious karyas.

All in all, the planets get eclipsed by rays of sun. And Primarily i have seen the role of father superseding the native in the areas of life the planet gets combust. The keyword by sun (father) is.. " See I am a successful role model. Why can't you be like me ? " .. the service to father if combustion in chart is there, becomes all the more imperative to learn the lessons in life and get fruits of Sun which is significator of soul.

Exceptions are also there, like 11th lord if exalted, even though combust will not deny gains. Combustion of saturn does not count for reduction in longevity.

While many views have come in various threads on combustion, my keen interest is to ascertain root cause of karma in past lives to have combust planets in this one. Also the role of father in case of astangata planets..

Thanks

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 04 Apr 2019

Thank you shilpaji

All these years I used to wonder why my mars Dasha wasn’t as great. He is my Bhagya lord in 6th. Pisces Lagna. Mars and mercury both are combust.

I could say that I never won over my any of my enemies since childhood. I even got slapped by someone in school as I got more marks than her. I couldn’t do anything even when someone did something wrong like this. Always a loser. Mars is my Atmakaraka as well.

Best regards

danur
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by danur » 05 Apr 2019

2 points

first during combust mars dasha the owner of chart will
most likely be serving or helping brothers or brother like figures , esp in matters of debt , real estate etc.

second vedic texts we refer to currently were written thousands of years back, now astronomically sun would have used up lot of its fuel since then and would be a bit less than what it was thousands of year back while supposedly the mass of other planets has not decreased therefore principle of acertaining combustion may currently duffer than what is mentioned in veduc texts unless planets have been moving close to sun or sun as an ageing star is expanding.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 01 May 2019

Combustion only affect the physical significations of the planets but inherent qualities of the planet does not suffer. For eg. If Mercury is combust then maternal relatives might not be financially rich as Mercury controls money.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 01 May 2019

@justchill
Mars is your Atmakaraka & you are expecting it to go well? If a Malefic planet like Mars is AK then it is highly likely that the Mahadasha will lead to sufferings. Anger & violence in any form whether it's thought, speech, emotions & action increases manifold. The best way to deal in that situation is to keep calm & practice non violence in all forms. Taking care & protection of family, animals & even plants will pacify your Mars.

vedicbabs

Post by vedicbabs » 21 May 2019

Does the above explanations holds good for all the houses or does it differ if the case is of own mooltrikon house?

For example, Sun and Mars are closely conjunct in Aries 4th house. Will it be bad combustion for Mars as Shilpa Ji mentioned above?

Next, Sun and Saturn closely conjunct in Aquarius. Will it be a good combustion for Saturn as Shilpa Ji mentioned above?

joyd

Post by joyd » 26 May 2019

Any planet beyond/behind 3-20 mins[one navamsa] to sun gives priority for his/her self karakatwas.The same is reversed if its is before/far[exceeding one navamsa value].It means such planet gives priority to society by using his/her such karakatwas.For example venus more than 3-20 behind sun gives priority to hi/.her marriage and wealth matters.THe same venus before sun [above 3-20]uses his/her wealth for society sake[social welfare]and marriage issues are given less priority.Eventhough married such person spends very less time at home and with wife.

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 26 May 2019

I mean - here the suns role is to make a person as selfish or selfless or pure minded one.

JOYD.

vedicbabs

Post by vedicbabs » 27 May 2019

Perfect. Behind and Far (One navamsa) from Sun understood.

What happens when planet is within one navamsa (i.e. within 3minute 20 second) on either side of the Sun ?
For example, Sun at 17 degree and Mars at 18 degree.

Also, I take that being in its mooltrikona rashi for any planet is immaterial. What matters is the manifestation of the karakatwas due to position of the planet around Sun.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 27 May 2019

@Against_Odds
Combustion effects are greatly reduced if the planet is retrograding away from Sun. If I remember correctly, I have heard this from Sanjay Rath himself. He went on to say that a retrograde planet can not be considered combust. I will search for that video or text so that I can have clarity on it. Also, I agree to Nadi Text that Venus is never combust because it moves in opposite direction counter clockwisely from all other planets ie. West to East. I have my own reservation with regards to heliocentric model propagated by Jewsih Zionists & Jesuits from fifteenth century onwards.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 27 May 2019

@shivoham ji,

I have Venus combust in 12th house Pisces. In navamsa chart, it's in leo 9th house and sun in virgo 10th house. So I guess this applies to me.

Does what you say about Venus never being combust according to Nadi astrology mean Venus retains its exalted position in my D-1 chart? How can I confirm this sun-venus conjunction is a good/bad one (independent of combustion, I mean). What life events, karakas would signify non-combusted and exalted Venus-Sun conjunction results?

Many thanks.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 27 May 2019

I myself have lack of clarity on this. Don't take it as a dictum. These are one liners that have not been properly explained but makes a whole lot of sense to me
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

joyd

Post by joyd » 27 May 2019

@vlbs-i have already given it in my 2nd reply.so check and read again..that single line answer once.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 28 May 2019

@JoyD
Surya is an Agni Tatva Grah where as Venus is a Jal Tatwa Grah. Sun+Venus Yuti is like boiling water (Venus) through Fire (Sun). Degree of closeness with Sun will directly impact Venus. Shukra represents Veerya in humans. Sexual life is adversely affected due to it as Veerya will come out like Water in a short period. Person can not last long in bed & satisfy his partner. 😢

joyd

Post by joyd » 28 May 2019

such dried planet is equal to a pure glass bottle like.so it accepts all kinds of materials and gets its colour.you have purified the venus.No impurities in that planet.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 28 May 2019

So Venus is like Shivpriya Sphatik (Rock Crystal) in such case? Difference is slightly more than 3 degree 20 min so different Navamsas. As per my current gnosis on combustion & general conception about a planet being Combust is that significations of the planet becomes enemy to you ie. Wife for Combust Venus or there is lack of love & mutual trust. Sun+Venus Yuti also signifies Great Woman in men's life but lack of marital happiness. Combust planets act erratically. Combust Venus will not be able to give it's complete result for eg. Either it will give marital happiness or richness/luxuries. Currently, I have neither of them. Any asta planet represents vikala avasta, inability to give results effectively & efficiently. Surya Shukra Yuti is considered ashubh fal & maha dosh karaka wherever it may be. Even though Venus is in Taurus, it loses strength due to Yuti with Surya. It generally leads to tension in marital life of the native. But there is also Moon & Mercury conjunct in Taurus with Sun & Venus so can't conclude just on this.

joyd

Post by joyd » 28 May 2019

you expressed your angle on combust venus. Try the same with my given above hints and you will get a different picture on your venus.I have given an key point in my replies. I dont know your current age.so what i can say is-every event in human life has specific time scale.I mean one that you had in the beginning may not be there in the middle or in future.In the same way you may not have a thing at present may reach you in future.Practical implementation of the key point is very important to judge the nature of the planet.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 29 May 2019

Jayadev Ji,
I am turning 27 day after tomorrow 😀

joyd

Post by joyd » 29 May 2019

so you are too young too quote such things in your reply like 1-Combust Venus will not be able to give it's complete result for eg. Either it will give marital happiness or richness/luxuries. Currently, I have neither of them / 2-Wife for Combust Venus or there is lack of love & mutual trust. Sun+Venus Yuti also signifies Great Woman in men's life but lack of marital happiness. Combust planets act erratically. / For your info astha planet if in "chesta"[you will come across about it in kalachakra dasa.so dont break your mind on it now]can give good results.so several factors modify the planet result giving power.Take some already known charts[not too young buddies] and re-check the things with my given clues.

joyd.

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aquarian.sun » 29 May 2019

@joyd

What do you mean by "erraticaly".Thanks!

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 01 Jun 2019

JoyD,
Any good books in English available on Kal chakra Dasha? I am not satisfied with PVR & Rath's work at all.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 11 Aug 2019

Do combust planets affect karakathwa or ownership .