Should a person with debilitated mercury avoid engineering? ( Includes Mathematics)

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vineet154
Should a person with debilitated mercury avoid engineering? ( Includes Mathematics)

Post by vineet154 » 06 Jul 2013

No neechbhanga. Just plain neecha budha. Would this survive and succeed in this field?
I have been always told by astrologers that I should pursue a career in engineering. I went for mechanical engineering diploma eventually due to its popularity and was finding it quite okay initially but now when I look at the course books I find it so overwhelmingly difficult that I often have dreams where I'm made to strip my clothes by my co-workers and dance on the top of a heat-exchanger surrendering to themselves.
I'm really confused about my career.

My details:
28 april 1993
12:20 noon
Edappal, Kerala, India (76 E 01' , 10 N 46')

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should a person with debilitated mercury avoid engineeri

Post by janaki » 06 Jul 2013

Vineet,

I don't think you have made a wrong choice of Career. Engineering is governed by Mars. Higher mathematics and logic comes under mars. Mars is Lord of 5th and 10th in Your case, placed in Lagna. though Debilitated in Rasi, he is a friend's house in D-9.

Mercury is a Karak of basic mathematics. It acquires good strength in D-9.

I would worry about debilitated Rahu in 5th which would bring some struggles in completion of degree but you will complete it. You are running Sat-Rahu again and Jupiter is transiting over natal Moon. Moon is in 12th house which would cause unnecessary tensions. But you are a Gemini so mercury will help to keep cool :).

Maybe you can start dreaming about compressors or Pumps :) and forget about heat exchangers.

Regards
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

vineet154

Post by vineet154 » 06 Jul 2013

Those encouraging words make me want to open the books and start trying again :) Thanks :)
Why I feel so tensed about this is because I have always been below-average at studies and sometimes awfully bad especially at maths and science :oops: . During the last 2 years I've discovered a mild liking towards banking subjects but don't know to what extent since I'm thinking all sorts of crazy stuff at once that I don't know whats going on in my head :lol:
I wonder whether I'd do good in banking or other field? :P

NOOOOOOO you gave me two more objects of scary machines for me to dream :cry: :lol:

piscean82
Contributor
Contributor

Post by piscean82 » 08 Jul 2013

Hi vineet154 - I am not an astrologer but I just wanted to tell you that I have a debilitated mercury too but I did my engineering course just fine. Infact I did it pretty good. Not sure if mercury attained bhanga by being in a Kendra though. Mine is in lagna(Pisces ascendant).

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 08 Jul 2013

Piscean, your mercury is well fortified by aspects!
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

piscean82
Contributor
Contributor

Chandralagna ji - my mercury is aspected by moon/mars/Saturn. I thought this combination was supposed to be bad for me. Saturn with enemies moon and mars could be the worst possible ever. I didn't know that this fortified my Mercury's position.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Piscean,

We're talking about Engineering here. Mars represents logic and clarity of thought. Saturn represents hard work and concentration. Mercury of course basic intelligence. Is it any wonder Engineering was easy for you?

The bad effects are manifested in other areas of life, not in study of engineering.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

piscean82
Contributor
Contributor

No wonder sir!!! But I have always had an affinity towards mathematics. I like it better than science. I thought that I can handle Maths pretty easily. Never had to work hard at all. I have always scored the top marks in Maths. It is not like I want to boast about myself here but just wanted to say it. I used to think that I inherited the talent from my dad. He is also very good at it. In fact he wanted me to take up Tech finance(involving Maths) to study instead of engineering but I ended up doing B.Tech. Just one last question sir, what combination should I look at in general for affinity to mathematics?

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 08 Jul 2013

Here is another engineer with severely combust mercury.
27-nov-1975, Lucknow, 8:43am
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Merc, Mars, Sun, Ketu - of these, check how many are in trines/quadrants to each other. Preferably in fiery or next in earthy signs. Never forget to check their navamsa signs. Watery rasi but fiery navamsa is just as powerful, if not more.

Its of course possible for two of the above to be conjunct. While good for mathematics, it can harm elsewhere. Obviously, an influence of Jupiter is welcome, but more from a higher education purposes, rather than an innate ability perspective.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

piscean82
Contributor
Contributor

Post by piscean82 » 09 Jul 2013

Thanks sir for your reply.

ashak

Post by ashak » 11 Jul 2013

I know a person with debilitated mercury in Pisces which is in 11th house with Venus aspected by Saturn from 9th house. He is a brilliant engineer

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 11 Jul 2013

Dear Vineet,

I think it is misleading to say that your Mercury is just neecha. It has neechabanga in kendra to Moon, in parivartana with Jupiter and in conjunction with Venus. It means, it will be hard in the beginning due to neecha but you will overcome (banga) that due to the help and support from your Jupiter, Venus, and Moon.

Mercury is also in trines to your Navamsa lagna. Particularly in 5th house indicating the talents will come out due to 'sadhana' (practice) and not innate.

So, you are in correct line with respect to education and you have to work hard. It is not easy but you have to seek help from others.

Best regards,
Violet

vineet154

Post by vineet154 » 11 Jul 2013

Thanks all for answering.
Violet - Thanks a lot for the reply!! I didn't know about that & that is a very valuable information about my chart.. Thanks again! :)

garima
Contributor
Contributor

Post by garima » 14 Jul 2013

here is another example of deb mer :23/mar/2011,13:24pm. place -ghaziabad.
Regards
garima

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 21 Jan 2014

Srinivasa Ramanujam:

Date: December 22, 1887
Time: 18:20:00
Time Zone: 5:10:56 (East of GMT) - USE LMT instead of IST
Place: Erode, India

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mathematical ability

Post by ChandraLagna » 01 Jan 2019

piscean82 wrote:
08 Jul 2013
No wonder sir!!! But I have always had an affinity towards mathematics. Just one last question sir, what combination should I look at in general for affinity to mathematics?
ChandraLagna wrote:
08 Jul 2013
Merc, Mars, Sun, Ketu - of these, check how many are in trines/quadrants to each other. Preferably in fiery or next in earthy signs. Never forget to check their navamsa signs. Watery rasi but fiery navamsa is just as powerful, if not more.

Its of course possible for two of the above to be conjunct. While good for mathematics, it can harm elsewhere. Obviously, an influence of Jupiter is welcome, but more from a higher education purposes, rather than an innate ability perspective.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Should a person with debilitated mercury avoid engineering? ( Includes Mathematics)

Post by snsharma » 02 Jan 2019

CL,

I like mathematics and have Ketu in 4th house( Pieces).Sun,Mercury and Jupiter in Gemini.Mars and Saturn in Leo.Please comment on my mathematical ability based on the above combination.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Should a person with debilitated mercury avoid engineering? ( Includes Mathematics)

Post by snsharma » 04 Jan 2019

CL,
I would also like to know whether I have innate mathematical ability or I need to acquire through practice and hard work.Coz I intend to continue my studies.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 04 Jan 2019

Without knowing Navamsa placements, its hard to definitively state anything, but given Rasi placements,
- Mars and Sat in Leo gives ability with effort and depending on the exact nakshatra, there could be interest either in historical matters or buildings, or automobiles etc. An Airy sign hosting merc, Jupiter and Sun gives interest in communications & preaching considering that your's is Jupiter Ascendant, and given sun is in the mix the topics could range from religion, philosophy or even literature. This mix in Gemini however has two krura grahas - ketu and Rahu in kendras, so the efficacy could be limited.

Summing up, average ability in Math (with diversified other interests), but ability to overcome limitations with effort. Your communication skills if any, yield limited positive outcome.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 05 Jan 2019

CL,
It is true that I have interest in history,relgion,philosophy and literature. I thought Ju-Me conjuction would give better mathematical abilty.Here communications by Sun mean verbal commuication or any means of communication(technology)?? I share my details...please have a look at it.
DoB:25/06/1978
PoB:Pondicherry (JIPMER Hospital)
ToB:19:30
Corrected Birth Time:19:17 (By Joyd)

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 06 Jan 2019

It is not Sun that is involved in communication, but the sign Gemini. Sun simply flavors the content being communicated. Jupiter in general is not mathematical but educative. In mathematical domain, sun stands for geometry and placed in Ardra would likely represent waves, complex /vector geometry and since merc and Jupiter involved, this could involve time series. Mix could indicate areas like Fourier Transforms, i.e. conversion between space & time dimensions. Mars & Sat being neecha in Navamsa is not helpful though.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

motofreak19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by motofreak19 » 08 Jan 2019

Very interesting topic! lots of insights.
My ketu is in lagna(leo) and mercury is in taurus(10th) with jupiter. I did computer science engineering and now doing my masters in Information Systems in the US. Its very intriguing about how small changes in placements can make huge impacts in our lives. I tried to do MBA but never could do it. Ended up coming for my Masters.

@chandralagna,
The sign Gemini is for communication. What if the lagna lord(Sun) and lord of 3/10 house(Venus) is conjunct in Gemini? This still deals with communication but of what nature? Does the sun take preference or does Venus have more influence?

Thanks

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 08 Jan 2019

The eventual outcome is always a blend of all influences in a chart, so its never the case that one planet dominates another so much that there is a singular result. In case of engineering, it has been my experience that sun tends to indicate data base, big data etc in terms of technology. Venus in this combination might indicate either finance, or testing/qualification. Rahu influence on this combination of course yields cloud based data in today's world. In another era, this might have meant Home Location register in a wireless network! Predictions have to move in step with times!

These are broad strokes without peering into navamsas or finer aspects.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 08 Jan 2019

Report Quote
Post by motofreak19 » 09 Jan 2019

Very interesting topic! lots of insights.
My ketu is in lagna(leo) and mercury is in taurus(10th) with jupiter. I did computer science engineering and now doing my masters in Information Systems in the US. Its very intriguing about how small changes in placements can make huge impacts in our lives. I tried to do MBA but never could do it. Ended up coming for my Masters.
Ketu is Sushma Yantra[Computer] as per astrology. Mercury is communication. Mercury in 10H under the sign exchange with 10th lord and 3rd lord[ communication]Venus in 11H. Moreover Mercury is conjunct with Jupiter the 5th lord[education by choice]. Anter Dasha of Mercury is on from mid of July 2018.