Saturn mahadasha - anybody has Saturn on 8th house

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
udatta
Saturn mahadasha - anybody has Saturn on 8th house

Post by udatta » 11 Dec 2018

Do you know how it will be when someone is going to Saturn Mahadasha when Saturn is in 8th house. I am interested for this case study because various astrologers are predicting various ways on this. The persona is Aquarius born.

Some peoples are saying it is creating vipreet raj yoga,
some peoples are saying it coming post 36 so should be alright
some peoples are saying it is the 5th dasha so should be bad
my question when Saturn is lagna lord how it will behave on his own dasha? The ascendant will rise or fall?

I read the various articles in this forum when 8th house termed as transformation and longevity also . Thanks.

13/11/1981
12.29 PM (NOON)
Agartala, Tripura 799001.

astrolover2017
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Saturn mahadasha - anybody has Saturn on 8th house

Post by astrolover2017 » 19 Dec 2018

lagna lords are not always benefic sometimes the lagna lords own one bad house and one good house. see if sani connects more with lagna or 12th house. thats the effects you will see. vipreet raja yoga happens when 6,8,12 lords connect and one of them is own house or exalted. raja yogas have lot of rules, its not a seen often
A lot of problems will go away if we have good thoughts, deeds, actions and help humanity. We are here on earth to enjoy and suffer for our past life karma. Each one has their own life path. Live and Let Live.

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 19 Dec 2018

Lagna lord is said to be sushubha and hence he gives good results . As 12 th lord in 8th he gives the results of rajayoga . As lord of lagna he gives good longevity , a spiritual quest and effort towards that end , constriction in the areas where the aspects fall which actually cause detachment .

god_fearing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by god_fearing » 19 Dec 2018

I am Aquarius ascendant as well as moon sign. I have Sa lagna lord in my 8th house. Few months back I have completed my shani mahadasha which started when I was 19-years old (DoB - 14-Dec-1980; 11:20AM; Nagpur Maharashtra).

I faced this 19 years mahadasha in my prime age - in my youth. It is not a good thing to experience. Im 38 now but already feel I have seen a lifetime of good/bad experiences (mostly bad). I feel tired and exhausted in geenral. Its as if my life force has been sucked-out. I dont have much hope or aspirations in life anymore (all those were removed by the practical exp of the world I was trained in by Shani for 19 long years). I have very little emotions left. One remaining emotion is - I "feel bad" that 8th house Shani ensures long-life and hence I have to further live my life for so many more years.

I'm not even interested in narrating in detail my past or current problems to anyone anymore (even for academic purposes). But I can summarise in one sentence for you => it can only be very bad karmas from previous birth that could fetch anyone this planetary combination and dasha period in their kundli.

Sandeep
To everything, there is a time and a season.

udatta

Post by udatta » 23 Dec 2018

@Shivarhmika...kindly plz let know how the Sa is benefit for me...what wi happen

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 23 Dec 2018

What I was taught stood for verification in practice . When a planet owns two houses he gives the results of both . The entire period of mahadasa has to be made in to two parts and the results take place as per the first house of the two houses first and the second part as per the second house of those two houses .Here in your case Saturn gives the results of capricorn in the first part of 19 years , and the results of Aquarious in the second part subject to the influence of transits also . So in effect you would experience both the results .

udatta

Post by udatta » 23 Dec 2018

Thank you Shivarhmika jee...I am very much novice in the field of astrology...I am not sure what does that mean of results of Capricorn in first half and result of Aquarious second half, can you please kindly explain with examples so that I can learn the concepts and co-relate..Thank you for your time and inputs

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 24 Dec 2018

Results of saturn as lord of 12 in 8th are experienced in the first part of Saturn mahadasa i:e results of vipareetha rajayoga . Results of Saturn as lagna lord in 8th are experienced in the second part of Saturn mahadasa . But vipareetha raja yoga in many cases is of mixed fare as usually two lord ships are assigned to all planets except Sun and Moon . It is a package deal where the results of single house are not experienced totally . I can't give examples for obvious reasons .

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 08 Nov 2019

god_fearing wrote:
19 Dec 2018

I faced this 19 years mahadasha in my prime age - in my youth. It is not a good thing to experience. Im 38 now but already feel I have seen a lifetime of good/bad experiences (mostly bad). I feel tired and exhausted in geenral. Its as if my life force has been sucked-out.
Sandeep
Your these statements has scared the living daylights out of me :mrgreen: I am in my Saturn Mahadasa now....just one and half years into it already I am feeling tired and exhausted ...Now I wonder how the remaining 17 years would be :(

I dont know whether you are coming to this forum nowadays...but in your Saturn MD....atleast , was Saturn MD - Mercury AD & Saturn MD - Venus AD good?

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 09 Nov 2019

Saturn in 8th house gives unromantic marriage & spiritual upliftment , Profession related to Homeopathy , leather technology , Nephralogy etc . many delays and disappointments in life , but ultimate grand success . Whatever may be the initial hurdles Saturn gives sure and permanent success as lagnalord .A person with good and strong Saturn has a high level of humanitarian outlook .

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 11 Nov 2019

I have Sat in 8H as 2nd, 3rd lord. Now going through Sat dasha Merc AD. Both are marakas to the lagna. But no problem in life so far (well, yes there were problems but I know they are self created, since I have LL in 6H). Sat on the other hand, has given me several spiritual benefits, like Satsangam etc.
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 12 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do you first repeat what someone says in a normal conversation before replying? No? Same etiquette applies in a written reply

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sat dasha is the 4th in my life. It is supposed to be the worst Sat dasha. (Mars nakshatras).

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Am also going thru Sade sati. So it is Saturn all over. Even with Merc antardasha, Mercury being the nakshatra lord of Saturn.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 11 Nov 2019

god_fearing, Kindly note your Saturn is in M.B[16th Degree]. And also in 8th house both from Moon and Lagna.

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 13 Nov 2019

A few weeks back I was reading in a blog a person's experience. He had narrated how he had a good job, house etc. But just when Saturn MD was approaching he was attracted to a new job, change of location.So,he quit his job and joined that attractive job. But when Saturn MD started, he says "Saturn threw me to the streets.....snatched the job, lost his home"...then he had to join a job for half the salary,lower position....His story continued...Poor guy...a huge essay he had written...

but main thing I want to ask is - Will Saturn show some illusions about some attractive aspects and spank you hard when its period starts?

My above question is closely connected to this only -

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=42761

Is Saturn showing some illusions for me also..... :mrgreen:

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 13 Nov 2019

Hello Sudhi,

When you say illusions, Rahu comes first to my mind.

"Just when Saturn MD was approaching he was attracted to a new job....."

Just before Sat MD is when we have Jup - Rahu period. It seems to me that you are wrongly attributing to Sat, the natural delusory mindset instilled by Rahu. Never underestimate the power of Rahu.

Instead of illusions I would rather associate toil, humility (humiliation) and fear/anxiety/panic attacks with Saturn. (This is from my experience)

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 13 Nov 2019

Rahu, imo is most powerful in the dasha chchidras (Rahu - Mars, Ju - Rahu)

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 14 Nov 2019

@hari766,

Actually whatever that person had narrated,same thing I have put it here which means its that person who has "wrongly attributed" Saturn and not me :mrgreen:

Talking about Saturn MD...this person in the video below has given a nice basic introduction about Saturn MD...good thing he hasnt scared us.... :mrgreen: whatever he has said matches with mine....for ex, The second half of my Rahu MD I was like a workaholic....BUT....most part of my Jupiter Dasa.....I relaxed....Now Saturn MD has started and it is igniting me to close down business and WORK !!!....thats what he has said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKJ817wXxGk

{One person who has commented in this video says that Saturn MD - Venus AD is the most toughest.....How come?...I thought otherwise :mrgreen: ]

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 16 Nov 2019

@ Sudhi... OK..

I like that person.... I have seen some of his videos and to his credit he doesnt complicate things...

The thing I dislike in him (and in some others who post youtube videos) is the tendency to waste precious time in the "buildup"

for example..... it is his regular habit to say something like...

OK Guys, today I am going to talk about Saturn in the 5th house. Ahem.. SATURN in the 5th house.... SO... saturn in the 5th house.... the FIFTH house.... hmmm... haa... so Guys, are you ready???.....

If you pare down all those extravagance, the really useful info in his videos could take about 2 -3 min in telling.

In the video you shared above did you notice that, while he refers to Saturn in 8H as making one spiritual, he missed to mention its effects on longevity? Yet thats ofen the first thing that astrologers cite, for this placement...

I am not criticising him, definitely his videos have lots of good stuff...

But as far as time utilisation is concerned I'd prefer chanting Hanuman Chalisa (just 5 minutes...and helps a lot with Sat mahadasha) to visiting all these time consuming videos that many ppl post in U tube...

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 18 Nov 2019

With prayers to Lord Shaneeshwara I am giving below a link that might prove useful to all visitors of the forum

https://agasthiar.org/a/shaniswara.htm

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 21 Nov 2019

The general belief that sat maha dasa will not bring good and jup dasa will not be bad is not correct as the chart has to be seen holistically not due to one planet placed in one house ,like sat in 8th house

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Udatta ji
Got a chance to look into your chart ,and yours is Aquarius lagna and at present running jupiter dasa and venus antardasa until 2021 oct .the period 2018 march to 2019 feb might be very good as compared to the present period from feb 2019 ,might be losing patience at present in all aspects

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Job wise ,some issues might be there ,you are hard working person some issues seen with respect to your personality .struggles seen in professional front

trishana
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by trishana » 21 Nov 2019

Shani or Saturn in 8th house, being karaka of longevity (Ayush Karaka) placement in this house is considered good and increases longevity. Bedridden death in the end happens to the native, mostly after prolonged illness or fractures in the leg, pelvis etc. due to which movement is restricted thus makes the native stick to bed.

Sudhi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sudhi » 14 Dec 2019

hari766 wrote:
16 Nov 2019
I'd prefer chanting Hanuman Chalisa
Since I am in my Saturn MD....for starters I have started listening to this daily -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXM65jpGZcw

Heard that listening OR chanting.... both have good benefits.
Probably listening AND chanting is the Best but worried about the wrong pronunciations I might make...