8th house from moon

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Tinker
Contributor
Contributor
Re: 8th house from moon

Post by Tinker » 31 Oct 2017

SM1983,
Based on my experience, I think the agenda of Ashtama Shani is to remove all our support systems including a well functioning body and mind so that we are forced to look for support within our own soul. You actually realise how strong you really are. You will become wiser about how the world works. Shani would have broken down your illusions and removed your ignorance on certain things. It may not feel like it now but it is all for good.
After things start to get better, you will appreciate it more. After spending many sleepless nights, when you get to sleep well again you will cherish it more. You will realise what your priorities in life really are. You will not take anything or anyone for granted. You will learn to appreciate the small things in life which you never thought were important before. You will realise that your time is limited so you need to be careful about what to focus your energy on in life.

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 31 Oct 2017

Fully agree with you Tinker. It's complete change over of my mind set. May be I had 1 percent doubt ,before Saturn retrograded in to Scorpio in June ,whether astrology works or not! But that doubt go cleared. A 180 degree shift with in a week after June end. Wow! I don't want to describe that.

I bow down to lord Saturn for his immense power. Those who has not experienced this will never understand.

Thanks,

SM1983

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aum » 31 Oct 2017

Tinker wrote:
31 Oct 2017
SM1983,
Based on my experience, I think the agenda of Ashtama Shani is to remove all our support systems including a well functioning body and mind so that we are forced to look for support within our own soul. You actually realise how strong you really are. You will become wiser about how the world works. Shani would have broken down your illusions and removed your ignorance on certain things. It may not feel like it now but it is all for good.
After things start to get better, you will appreciate it more. After spending many sleepless nights, when you get to sleep well again you will cherish it more. You will realise what your priorities in life really are. You will not take anything or anyone for granted. You will learn to appreciate the small things in life which you never thought were important before. You will realise that your time is limited so you need to be careful about what to focus your energy on in life.
An Appropriate assessment, thanks for sharing.

Aries Moon :shock:

madhu

Post by madhu » 31 Oct 2017

I am currently undergoing Ashtama Shani since jan 2017 and guess what it has been a roller-coaster ride everyday. The support system observation by Tinker seems to fit it all. I drive carefully, I talk softly and remain silent whenever I can. when people talk rudely I ignore and do not respond.
Inspite of all this, seems like something uncontrollable takes the reins and rolls me in the roller coaster.

Funnily, for me, I have been tossed over from Job to Job this year and yearn for some stability. Saturn is the best teacher and as SM1983 conveys, I have stopped taking anyone or anything for granted. I do have the inner fear and insecurity. I have become forgetful lately and wonder how this could have happened for events in my life. It evokes my 7 1/2 saturn phase where trouble brew from all sides and I remained supportless in the face of adversity.

I have Libra Lagna, saturn transit to sagi, while Moon in Taurus along with Mars and Ketu!

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 31 Oct 2017

Tinker wrote:
28 Oct 2017
hari766, thanks for sharing. I had a very similar experience. The planet you have in the 8th from moon is in its own house in good dignity. The planet I have in the 8th from moon is debilitated. The events/experiences that triggered my transformation were quite painful. If you don't mind sharing, how was it for you?
Tinker,
It was not that painful to me. But I felt like, I was lost mentally. Earlier, I never worried about my future, since I felt good at heart and felt that providence is always with me (optimistic, trusting in the world and providence - I guess due to Sagi lagna). Looking back, I would always divide my life into the "relatively ignorant but carefree" pre-2011 period, and the post 2011 (during and after the 7 month Sun AD) when I became more aware of the harshness of the world and (sadly!) became much harsher myself with perhaps a lesser connection to providence.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I was reading the posts on experiences caused by Ashtama Shani. In my chart there is a Shani-Moon exchange. I guess due to that, for most of my life, I lived without much of a support system. I had my Ashtama Shani from June 2007 to Sep 2009. It did feel stressful, but nothing out of ordinary. Was afraid I would lose my job anytime, but that didn't actually happen, though I was benched for a long time. (a lot of free pay!). Towards the end of this period I faced an extremely humiliating situation at the hands of my (then) estranged in-laws. But that is all. I am now into sade sati... If It's going to be like Ashtama Shani, I will take it :)

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think it quite likely that a person in these adverse periods might face humiliating situations. It can happen anywhere....anytime. Knowing this, if a person remains feeling inwardly humble and without a lot of expectations from the external circumstances, the negative impact of such situations will be lesser.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another thing I learnt is to beware of the Rahu kaal. Inevitably it will give disappointments if you are going through Saturn's adverse transits. Thats why I am doing nothing else but posting in this forum now ! (It's Rahu kaal here)

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 01 Nov 2017

hari766, thanks for sharing your experiences and insights.
The thing with Ashtama Shani, some people go through it at a time when a bad sub period is running w.r.to their natal chart. That makes it super difficult. Some people go through it when a good sub period is running and it's not very difficult for them. Or like you said some people are naturally equipped to deal with the troubles Ashtama Shani could bring. As you say having low expectations will relieve some stress but then some people learn to have low expectations through their Ashtama Shani experience. Hope your Sade sati is as good as or better than your Ashtama Shani :)

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 01 Nov 2017

Do you think Scorpio being 8th house of actual zodiac, astama shani is more potent for Aries people?

Also, I have noticed when Saturn is at just begining or end of transit (this year 3 times) restlessness :shock: increases. Right now I am feeling that in big way. Every small thing making me anxious. Otherwise, it used to be flat bad phase.

Did you all face social anxiety issue in that period? I started facing it from the begining of transit.

Thanks,

SM1983

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 01 Nov 2017

Tinker wrote:
31 Oct 2017
SM1983,
Tinker: If you are comfortable, could you please let us know what kind of change first you noticed (example: reduction of tension,anxiety, insecurity,and job change,physical well being etc.) after Saturn left the house and what was the time frame. I remember you mentioned about relocation. It will help me to be prepared a bit. Thank you.
Regards,
SM1983

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 01 Nov 2017

SM1983,
I experienced the most stress in 2012 when Saturn was going in and out Virgo at the very end of the transit.
I think Saturn went out of Virgo for the final time in the beginning of August 2012 and I moved in the middle of September 2012. Ever since this move, the people and the situations that had caused me trouble were no where near me and they also couldn't reach me easily (I was in a whole different continent). They did try to reach me but I could choose not to answer their calls or emails.
I don't quite remember exactly when I started to feel better but I do remember that after some six or seven months I had left the past behind and moved on to other things.
But everyone's chart is different. A lot also depends on the dasha and sub period you are running.

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 02 Nov 2017

Thanks Tinker.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 04 Nov 2017

Tinker wrote:
01 Nov 2017
hari766, thanks for sharing your experiences and insights.
The thing with Ashtama Shani, some people go through it at a time when a bad sub period is running w.r.to their natal chart. That makes it super difficult. Some people go through it when a good sub period is running and it's not very difficult for them. Or like you said some people are naturally equipped to deal with the troubles Ashtama Shani could bring. As you say having low expectations will relieve some stress but then some people learn to have low expectations through their Ashtama Shani experience. Hope your Sade sati is as good as or better than your Ashtama Shani :)
You are very right, Tinker. And ultimately we who go through these experiences, alone can Judge for it feels for us. Thank you for the wishes :) And hope that your future periods will be better than the ones of your past!

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 05 Nov 2017

A person who suffers in Asthama Shani, can also suffer in Sadesati equally?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 05 Nov 2017

Hi all,
Mercury Ad going on - 8th from moon..plus Mercury is Lord of my 5th and 8th House - bad, na? How much?

joyd

Post by joyd » 06 Nov 2017

It is an exception for mercury and your mercury ad is good and smooth only neel.

joyd.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 06 Nov 2017

Joy, I cannot disagree with you..hmm..apart from failure in career and romance, this Mercury Antatdasha has been pleasant and good..so far!
Wonder what's instore in the upcoming Guru-Ketu dasha from December 2017?!

:-)
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

joyd

chronology of failure in love and career pl.

joyd.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Joy, am highly educated - MBA and MSC both first class.
Resigned in July 2011. Lost love in Nov 28th 2016..but problems started around August 2015.
Abou to buy my own house in Dec 2017 in another smaller city.

My Rahu MahaDasha was the best period of my life! I hope Ketu Antardasha will be fine as well..??!
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

joyd

First of all,your job resignation not related with 8th house mercury.Mars squaring rahu and ketu given this event.This happens in jupiter dasa-[12th-3rd lord of losses and termination.]jup AD-saturn's PD-ketu's SD.So ketu is the event trigger.ketu AD either will give marriage or a new affair.your chart need to be rectified and what i given here are approximate time periods.I don't find that mercury is the root cause for your lover lost issue.your 7th lord sun in ketu's star.so this triggers the lost love incident.If my time permits,i will look in to your BTR Leisurely.

joyd.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

On a lighter note, you seen to be a Mercury fan!
Wow..Ketu and marriage - I love my Rahu and Ketu..I just hope it lasts! I somehow land up with dominant/narcissistic/intolerant women..my mooltrikona Sun rejects those personality traits!
And career?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh, wanted to add, Joy,..had a horrifying road accident on 14th July 2009..no broken bones but lot of pain on my right leg ankles, long medication and marks still.

I thought transit
was also a factor during my resignation?

Funnily, My job loss/gain and romance have always happened back-to-back - like a package deal! If one happens ( successfully), the other will soon follow. Maybe because my Venus is 7th from moon..

joyd

venus part is only on woman issues but not on career ones..

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 03 Feb 2019

just update on this topic-8th house from moon gives the full picture about natives sexual and occult activities.

joyd.