Rahu-ketu transit

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor
Rahu-ketu transit

Post by aganapa2 » 21 Jul 2017

Shilpaji - A request to write about the characteristics/importance of the forth coming Rahu-Ketu Transit.

Thanks,
AG

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rahu-ketu transit

Post by MeeraL » 29 Jul 2017

Good question. I think start in August 2017-

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Jul 2017

Dear All,
2 major transits are coming up in the next 6 weeks or so
Aug 18th Aug 2017 Rahu will move to Cancer and Ket to Capricorn
& Sep12th Jup transits in to Libra

--Ra is a slow moving and heavy weight planet in its transitory impact second only to Shani and at par with Jup I would say...and all 3 can invoke life changing events
But unlike Sa and Jup that have their own impacts, Rahu needs a host to transit over to exercise its impact.
So what you've gotta look for are following cases:

1) Ra transiting over Ra...this is nodal return and happens every 18.6 years and often times a transformation point in the lives of most natives.

An Old door closes and a new path opens in life
this change is for the good if Ra is positive
or otherwise if Ra is negative....

2) Ra transiting over Ket.....this is nodes over opposing nodes ....is every 9.3 years and a minor transformation point.....often time more on the relationship / emotional side than material
and even if Ra and Ket are positive, it's associated with some kind of trauma and emotional roller coaster situation for the 18 months that they are in same house.
and if Ra and ket are negative for charts this can be a traumatic and hugely negative period
because in the Rasi chart neither Ra-Ket conjunct nor do they aspect each other, hence there is no association between them
the only time they come together is during such a node over opposing node transit...and being diametrically opposite in significations, huge negative energies are released during this period in the life of that native.

3) Rahu going over the lagna is also a trigger for major life events......its a stressful period for the native, 18 months of trauma and stress at the end of which there is a big positive result / gift if Ra is positive
or otherwise if it's negative

4) and last scenario to watch out for... is when Ra a natural malefic transits over Ma or Shani the other two natural malefic
It creates some negativity at least
and can create a lot more magnified negativity if this conjunction of Ra+natal Shani ( kapati yoga) and Ra+natal Ma( angarak yoga) is formed in a dusthan ...
and further magnified the operative Dasa and / or anatra is of Nodes or Ma or shani as the case might be

occurrence in a Kona house and / or drishti of strong Jup/ Moon/ Venus can mitigate

--all the aforesaid rules may be applied to Ketu also...except that the impact of Ra is more material and of Ket more emotional and Ketu is not as strong in it's impact as rahu...I would say only about 40%

--and one last point....look at your life events 18.6 years back when Nodes went through the same position can given you an indicator of what the current transit would be like...off course moderate it through the filters of the operative MD/ AD then vs now.

regards
PS* I will review the Jup transit next month
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Trishla14
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Trishla14 » 30 Jul 2017

How bad for People going under the Rahu Mahadash and Rahu Antar Dash. Any Remidies to help with the process.
Thanks

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » 30 Jul 2017

shilpa wrote:
30 Jul 2017

Hello, shilpa this transit from Rahu go to Cancer, and Ketu to Capricorn is also in Europe?
I try to saw changes on Jagannath Hora and i couldn't see.
Also that transit of Jupiter in libra in september also will affect europe?

I am Cancer AS and i can say that this closing doors and open new doors did start for me in a couple of one or two days more intense. I feel a transition already.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Jul 2017

MeeraL wrote:
30 Jul 2017
shilpa wrote:
30 Jul 2017

Hello, shilpa this transit from Rahu go to Cancer, and Ketu to Capricorn is also in Europe?
I try to saw changes on Jagannath Hora and i couldn't see.
Also that transit of Jupiter in libra in September also will affect Europe?

I am Cancer AS and i can say that this closing doors and open new doors did start for me in a couple of one or two days more intense. I feel a transition already.
Yes transits happen everywhere in the world.
this one will occur on aug 18th 4:48am IST .....Rahu will move to cancer

for eg. in UK it would be 12:18am when Rahu moves into Cancer and in US it would have occurred around 7PM east cost time.

Yes a lot of people would already start feeling the affects of transition
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 30 Jul 2017

Dear Shilpa madam,

I have Cancer Ascendant, Saturn In ascendant and Moon in seventh in capricorn and transit of Rahu over Saturn & ketu over moon.
Sade sati of sani started again in oct'2017
Currunt mahadasha Jupiter-Mercury, Transiting in Libra in fourth house in september'2017.
Shilpaji, My upcoming year's, sade sati or Balance of Mahadasha is good or bad ?
events July17 Month : My office shifted form Delhi to UP,
regard/ Ranjan
16 Sept'1975, 02.14.30 AM, Devprayag, Tehri Garhwal Uttrakhand

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » 30 Jul 2017

Thank you.

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aum » 31 Jul 2017

shilpa wrote:
30 Jul 2017
Dear All,
Just to add:

Mean Nodes are moving sign on the 18th Aug 2017

However, True Nodes will move on the 8th September 2017

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 31 Jul 2017

Thanks a lot Shilpaji, for this very educative and detailed response.

I understand that transits are viewed from the rashi (moon's house). I have a scorpio moon (Anuradha),so this transit will be 3-9 axis for Ketu-Rahu.My lagna is Aries.

Can u pl. analyze two factors i) Stress around family relationships ii) frequent unprepared career breaks (instability) in the last 7 years (thrice) (since 2010 during Venus-Moon)? Currently on break.

Do Rahu-Ketu transits play any role at all, wrt to my horoscope or is this a case of 2nd Sade sati (with a weak moon & Saturn combination) that is a double whammy? 2015 (eye of the storm) was terrible.Career break for 8 months, Parents getting hospitalized (severe trauma),depletion of savings.

FYI, my Ketu Dasha (1998-2005) was very good. Ketu was almost acting as Guru (Jupiter),since he is conjoined with Guru in 6th house.Last Jupiter return and transit during Jul-Aug'05 provided a prosperous career change.

Details - 25th July 1969, 1.05 AM (hrs),POB - 77 E 44', 8 N 43'

Thanks,
gana

sirirs71
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sirirs71 » 02 Aug 2017

Shilpa, how does this transit effect a Capricorn lagna , with saturn in lagna?

He just now finished his Ketu period, still going thru trauma. lot of suffering not ended after ketu major. Please please check it,
oct 28, 93. godavarikhani, ap. time 1.10pm
Please suggest any remedies or events

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 03 Aug 2017

Hi....

Please guide what will be the effect on me.

Thanks and Regards,

SM1983

Male
June 7, 1983
16:10
Durgapur (23.48 N,87.32 E), West Bengal, India

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » 15 Aug 2017

Anyone if feeling the effect already the transits of Rahu and Ketu in a few days?

lekha

Post by lekha » 15 Aug 2017

Dear Shilpa Ji,

Regarding Rahu Ketu transit you mentioned in this forum:-
((( 4) and last scenario to watch out for... is when Ra a natural malefic transits over Ma or Shani the other two natural malefic
It creates some negativity at least
and can create a lot more magnified negativity if this conjunction of Ra+natal Shani ( kapati yoga) and Ra+natal Ma( angarak yoga) is formed in a dusthan ...
and further magnified the operative Dasa and / or anatra is of Nodes or Ma or shani as the case might be
occurrence in a Kona house and / or drishti of strong Jup/ Moon/ Venus can mitigate ))))

Is this same for kumbha lagna natives too? As I have started Rahu mahadasha, going through sadesathi and additionally now Rahu will transit onto my Natal retrograde saturn.
I was thinking Rahu in general good for kumbh natives as it is a coruler. I really appreciate your input. Thanks and Regards

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » 17 Aug 2017

In a few hours Rahu and Ketu will move on. In this kind of transits any important rule to follow? Monday sun eclipse, then jupiter in september .

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 19 Aug 2017

Have seen Rahu transits associated with violence & accidents,mostly during the zero degree periods and the last degree of the new house of transit.This transit also has the same characteristics..

Is it more because of Ketu entering Mars nakshatra (Dhanista) or because of Rahu being diabolical at cusps?

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » 19 Aug 2017

In my personal opinion Every time Rahu and Ketu moves some events happen Like natural Or even accidents Like terrorism. In first Day something happen.