Guru as Maraka Graha

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Guru as Maraka Graha

Post by neelkumar » 03 Jun 2017

Haha..VedicMaths, your comment reminded me of Oscar Wilde's The Selfish Giant! Arre yaar, please feel free!!

Hey all, I have a job interview on Monday 5th June at 11:30 AM. Any predictions (chances of me getting a positive result at getting the job)? Please let me know soon.

Thanks,
NK

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 08 Jun 2017

Well, about the interview:
1) At 11ish, 3rd June, I got a call from the HR that the interview has been postponed as the concerned interviewer was not available. As I started walking away disappointed, I again receive a call from the HR at around 11:20 AM to attend the interview. My interview is now taken by an elderly lady , even more senior - actually the MD, instead.
Interview went on very well - the highlight was that I was at my communicative best - she even praised my communication skills by saying that I must be very good with my PowerPoint presentations to clients and there was no glint of nervousness on my part. The interview went on well more more than an hour and I was asked both technical and other relevant questions. She said that I am very knowledgeable and interesting and she will need to digest all that we discussed and see the fitment in the role/organisation and will get back to me for the second /final round this week itself.

But on 9th June yesterday, 1:00 PM, I got a call that I have been rejected.

Lex and other dignified astrologers - this was among one of the best interviews I have given in my career -I was almost flawless!
Yet what happened? I have been to worse interviews than this before - fumbled, stuttered, gave wrong responses- yet managed to get jobs!

Lex and others : Is it to do with Maraka Jupiter and Maraka Mercury Dasha? But why Mercury is affecting my career? But my Mars is Lord of the 10th house, isnt he?
Also, is it possible to have 2 Maraka planets - Jupiter and Mercury - are they both equally potent?

----------------

Also, Anuradha Jee and others,
Kindly help solve this confusion:

there is a Vipereeta Raja Yoga of Moon 6-12. Now, my Venus is in the 6th House.
So, how do I read this: is Venus in conjunction with moon or being aspected my Moon?
I am not understanding - Venus in 6th House as YogaKaraka with Moon's VRY - what will be the difference in results?
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 08 Jun 2017

hello neelkumar,

as per the ayanamsa i use, you were running ju / mer/ jup /mer

Vimsottari Dasa:

Jup MD: 2011-01-18 - 2027-01-18
Merc AD: 2015-09-21 - 2017-12-25
Jup PD: 2017-04-25 - 2017-08-17
Merc SD: 2017-05-28 - 2017-06-13

merc is the 8th lord in rasi and 64th navamsa lord.

The day you attended interview moon was in janma tara...
the day you received the call was naithana tara.. the worst , will affect the mind

Tranists too play an important role. Sun, the ruler of resources was transiting the fourth from lagna,
thus opposing the tenth- - the house of profession. Sun's digbala is lowest in the fourth.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

Sasb
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Sasb » 15 Jun 2017

Yes VedicMathb, I am here .. you can ask me whatever you want to. and yes these are my birth details .

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 17 Jun 2017

Thanks VedicMaths for your astute analysis.

I would like to know what's happening in my 6th and 12th House - I guess there's Vipeereta Raj Harsha yoga happening with Moon being the lord of 6th House being in 12th. However, Moon has been very dangerous - both mentally and physically to me. Also, Moon being in my Navamsha Lagna is a scary part!
Now, I have 2 questions here : Do I really have this VRY? 2) What happens to Venus - Does Venus get aspect of Moon from 12th House or because or VRY, does Venus become conjunct with Moon? Is my Venus positive?

Thanks,
Neel

P.S. Could you please tel me: why 28th November 2016 early morning til 30th November 2016, Mumbai was very emotionally and physically damaging for me..and..why 29th January 2017 around 1:40 PM ~ 2:30 PM, Mumbai was very lucky for me in terms of getting a rare/outofstock electronic/computer product that I wanted since a long time and got an unbelievable discount and speculative gains?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 23 Jun 2017

Jeez..another failed interview at 4 o'clock today. Reason - questions are were not in my experience/subject! Why on earth did they shortlist me for the 3rd round then? ! Weird!
Had this happened in my Rahu/Mars Mahadasha, I would have been selected! That's how unfortunate my present time is!

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 23 Jun 2017

hello neelkumar,

Moon is your sixth lord. It had gone to 12th, which can mean that your enemies are hidden or placed
in a house where ' you ' don't see. This can be further interpreted that you don't really attempt to
discover the 'enemy' within you. How would you rate the dasa of moon ? what kind of vipareeta it
produced ?

The house of saturn for moon can be good for saints and service minded people.

Venus though yogakaraka, its placement in the sixth is worst. Just find out all antar and pratyantar
periods of venus and see if you have received benefit from it.

If you use a different ayanamsa, moon moves to 12th in navamsa.

truly yours.
vedicmaths

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you vedicmaths, and also Darshini, Suresh_Chauhan,
GNE wrote:
27 Mar 2017
it's not all Jupiter as maraka graha's fault....or perhaps it just starts slow
astroduffer wrote:
27 Mar 2017
No point blaming jupiter. tought time for aquarius lagna people born in 1975 time when nodes were in 4-10 axis.
astroduffer wrote:
27 Mar 2017
Jupiter over here is infact saving grace for you.
Retro jupiter only gains cheshta bala. means trying to put lot of efforts time and again. Its aspects on 5 7 9 are a blessing for you. The problem with mahadasha is that jupiter is bereft of strength to give full results on its own. Venus in 6th is not helping you in luck matters. Gulika in 5th is poisoning your intellect.

Jupiter has infact taken it all over itself and allowed Saturn to give results for you. Any antivedic practices or going to shrines of babas and guru ghantals not approved by vedic guidelines will only render your jupiter weak day by day. Try to strengthen it by consistent worshiping Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva.

Do some rahu related remedies whole heartedly and enjoy jupiter blessings too.
, Astroboyprakuchan, AstroGuru108, ash2016,
vedicmaths wrote:
29 Mar 2017
Venus, your ninth lord is placed in maraka
karak sthana . Venus is amatya karak ( profession ).

Did the entry of the opposite sex in your life brought in unknown downfall ?

Jupiter in lagna is most welcome for anyone.
anuradha wrote:
31 Mar 2017
it is not the Jupiter but the other combinations in your chart, which made this Jupiter dasha bit difficult.
Lex wrote:
31 Mar 2017
Guru from 5th gives argala, blessed by Guru for your intelligence, there is no virodha argala of the beneficial argala by Guru
Fundamental issue happened your career got Rogered of bad placement of yoga karaka of your chart

K.P.System of astrology

Your Guru dasa started exactly from Jan1st 2011 onwards
Guru in lagna bhava, excellent position and Guru in Purvaprostabadha nk and in sub of Guru, excellent
Your 10th cusp falls in Vrichika in Jyesta nk and in sub of Rahu
Rahu in Jyesta nk
and Sasb.

As I re-read this thread, I got kinda emotional (wth!)..and with my nature -couldn't control but appreciate You folks - all of you are so knowledgeable, so sweet to respond to my distressful message and console me with logical reasoning (something that I always seek). One striking point that I observed that almost all of you rightly pointed out that my Jupiter is not really the villain in my chart - it's most likely Venus in my 6th House!

With the limited/initial astro knowledge I have, I thought since Venus in in Moon's 6th House, Moon will not allow to spoil it's own house as it aspects from 12th, plus there's VRY. Also, from Moon rashi, Venus is in 7th (or Kendra) - so kinda Neecha Bhanga Raj Yoga.

Yes Vedi Maths, other than the fact that I instantly going on diets during Venus periods, there haven't been any good results worth reporting.
In Moon Dasha, I tasted my first academic success in 1981 - when I stood first in my Class in Delhi - but - I still remember - I felt very uncomfortable as other parents were focusing on me - I was/am never comfortable in 'unwanting' limelight - especially when I was at that age - was very homebound and introverted.

Thanks all..much appreciate! Cheers,
Neel

P.S. What now is scaring me is what to expect in Guru-Ketu period past mid-December 2017 - Since Ketu is in the House of Venus!?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

vedicmaths, few specific afterthoughts, as I look back in my life events:

1) Funny - all my my jobs and relationships ceased (back to back - again funnily) in Mercury periods.
But please note - I have good/long education, intelligence & memory, and communication skills.

2) Apart for good academics in Moon Dashas, I remember getting hurt in my right ankle in 1981, 2-3 time doctors prescribing Sulfur meds to me - I had sever allergic reactions to it - horrible Mahadasha frankly. Also in july 14th morning 2009, i hurt my right leg ankles again in a road accident - no fractur but anything coulld have happin the speeding highway.

3) Ketu periods always ensured 2 things : job change ( both got and left) and misplace me (not necessarily got me abroad but also reverse and also within India )

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 23 Jun 2017

hello neelkumar,

i have been thinking about your logo with your head down. See if you can make up
your mind to change it with your chin ' up '.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 23 Jun 2017

It's not even just venus. Venus just takes a bit of luck away by being in 6th.

It's Rahu primarily. It behaves well only in its dasha. Outside the periods, it needs appeasement. Add to it, it aspects venus too. Offer a small white sandalwood stick to Durgadevi on a saturday. Help some leprosy patients, handicapped people outside shanidev temple whichever way you can. Results will follow. But you have to be persistent. Guru will not be able to hold you for that long. At some point its gonna give up on you. And then matters will go worse. So better be proactive when dharmaraj is with you.

vj1981
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vj1981 » 24 Jun 2017

Sorry for intruding but I too have Venus in 6th(Scorpio) both from Gemini moon and lagna and Rahu in 2nd (Cancer) watches over Venus thru his 5th aspect. Venus also receives aspects from other malefic like Saturn and Mars, so I think Venus is pretty weak in my case. I m in Saturn MD and Venus AD which hasn't been good either in material pursuits or mental satisfaction specially with Saturn transiting over my natal Venus. Lot of astrologers told me that it will be a good period with lots of on-site travel and possible settlement as well but nothing happened. And if I am not wrong I don't even have the saving grace of benefics like Jupiter or Mercury as they are combust.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 29 Jun 2017

Neelkumar, what is your profession? In what line are you trying find job? How many years of experience is what is a must nowadays, you miust have good experience in specific areas. Then the employer has some reason to offer you salary and will have some confidence in how you perform.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 08 Jul 2017

A short yet sweet romantic atmosphere was generating slowly since last 2 weeks but yestermorning this extremly pretty, young girl told me that she is going away to her hometown as there are not many career opportunities for her here. Am kinda heartbroken but not that very much - because it was still at an early stage..though we hope to be in touch. There was/is good chemistry..and some boost in my (otherwise ruffled, shaken and low) confidence that I still have it in me to attract women after being away from the field for almost half a decade.
By the way, in D9, my Moon is in the lagna - can Moon then be so bad?
And someone please help decode Venus in my chart/s.

NK

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 09 Jul 2017

hello neelkumar

as per lahiri ayanamsa,

Vimsottari Dasa:

Jup MD: 2011-01-15 (21:19:50) - 2027-01-15 (18:32:13)
Merc AD: 2015-09-18 (14:36:23) - 2017-12-23 (0:56:10)
Jup PD: 2017-04-23 (8:17:44) - 2017-08-14 (18:57:01)

Sookshma-antardasas in this PD:

Jup: 2017-04-23 (8:17:44) - 2017-05-08 (6:46:03)
Sat: 2017-05-08 (6:46:03) - 2017-05-26 (3:46:12)
Merc: 2017-05-26 (3:46:12) - 2017-06-11 (5:55:01)
Ket: 2017-06-11 (5:55:01) - 2017-06-17 (21:23:27)
Ven: 2017-06-17 (21:23:27) - 2017-07-06 (21:35:41)........VEN PERIOD
Sun: 2017-07-06 (21:35:41) - 2017-07-12 (14:33:58)
Moon: 2017-07-12 (14:33:58) - 2017-07-22 (2:37:20)
Mars: 2017-07-22 (2:37:20) - 2017-07-28 (18:01:23)
Rah: 2017-07-28 (18:01:23) - 2017-08-14 (18:57:01)

Venus was transiting third house, one of the kama trikonas..
nothing great beyond that...

if venus winks, the next slot could be first, second and third week of october , 2017.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MeeraL » 09 Jul 2017

Vedic Astrology is a good guideline but people forget to have a little of faith and believe, special gratittude, Because God can change everything.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 09 Jul 2017

Thanks vedicmaths!

Actually I wanted my Venus to be deciphered overall. Can Venus be labelled as bad/unfavorable juss because of the placement in 6th (Upachaya with VRY of Moon in the same house and Moon in Pisces Lagna in D9 (some connection) and Venus in 12th in D9?
I guess Saturn also aspects Venus (frankly that's interesting!)

Morethanthat vedicmaths, can you please shower some light whether (as compared to 8th lord Mercury Antardasha) Ketu Antardasha will fetch me job opportunities? Possible?!

At the moment, I am focusing on the 3 : Ketu, Venus and Moon - because perhaps there's some correlation between the 3?!
Also, if I am not mistaken, there's aren't much aspects/conjugations on the 3 except among themselves!

Thanks,
NK

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 11 Jul 2017

shoemaker wrote: Sent: January 12th, 2014, 12:22 am
To: neelkumar
@ neelkumar,
First of all check which areas does Jupiter rules in your chart:- 2H & 11H. 2H is a Maraka house & 11H an Upachaya house. Jupiter is 3rd rate malefic planet for aquarius natives by ruling above houses & having neutral nature with Lagna lord.
In your case Guru's position in 1H(gaining dignity) will bring good results for finances but bad for fortunes coz here Jupiter is a second maraka.
But main cause for concern in career is state of Mars, Mars 10L is sitting in 7H with Mercury & Sun. 7H is maranakaraka sthana for Mars hence weak & due to combustion again weak. I suggest you to do remedies for Mars which is 10 lord which will improve career.
Antras of Mercury would be beneficial coz Mercury is 5L of rank, fame, end & begining of jobs etc.
Bhuktis of Ketu, Sun, Mars would be ok in this guru dasha Venus-average, Moon is harmful.
But basically it is believed that Rahu dashas are fluctuating when malefic, But if Jupiter dasha
is malefic then First half (about 8 years) is bad & next 8 Years will be progressive & better or viceversa.
Regards
shoemaker
&
Darshini wrote:
28 Mar 2017

Some authors consider Jupiter in Aquarius equal to Jupiter in Cancer, i.e. exalted. But since he is your 2nd and 11th lord and retrograde he will give some malefic influence. That's all I can say so far.

Regards, Darshini
I can't understand, why is Jupiter a Maraka graha being lord of 2nd and 11th Dhan houses??
Is Jupiter is Aquarius equal to be as exalted or 3rd rate malefic?

And Mercury Antardarsha wasn't good - I had a breakup! Job interviews are going haywire! But tiny-winy luck in speculations - yes.

Any comments on how Ju-Ke will be from December '17?

maggie12345
Contributor
Contributor

Post by maggie12345 » 13 Jul 2017

Jup is in 7th house , denied marriage, degree is 2
Never married

my info :

25 Sept 1964
TOB 10:40 am
Delhi, India.

Right now under Jup dasa , going through worst time of life. Financial crunch since Jup maha dasa started, Frequent unemployment.

I have moved abroad in 1994, and considering going back to India.

Is any chance of moving back?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 22 Jul 2017

astroduffer wrote:
31 May 2017
neelkumar wrote:
08 Apr 2017
Hi Folks,

Is it a possibility or mere coincidence that most of the times, romance and job come and go around the same time in my chart?
Because I realized that this pattern has been happening often ever since I started my career..
And almost always it's romance that comes and goes first and then invariably followed by job coming or going!
5th and 10th lord from moon is venus and in 7th..
Well, apart from these 2 aspects, surprisingly, everything else in my life is being successful - especially since December of last year!

My relationship with my parents have been improving and they are visiting me next week - I am happy - because I have been kinda lonely..and they have been surprisingly understanding! How will their stay be - I wonder?!

My health has improved - I have been on a diet - and still continuing - thanks to my will power (I feel will-power and my hair - are the only 2 good things I have..haha!)..and get lots of stares from young girls (always have, btw)! I have been eating healthy and staying away from junk food!

I also have been surprisingly quite positive and have been holding my fort since my break-up last year Nov-Dec.

I also have been reading and studying - and my brain and memory have been active that way!

I have also been trying to apply for Gulf jobs - but so far nothing worthwhile has come about.

Also, I have been trying to change/sell my apartment and purchase a new one - I don't know if I will be able to do that - I will have to discuss it with my parents about it!

Funny period - romance and career in the dumps..rest all not that bad!

Nickca
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Nickca » 29 Jul 2017

Hey neelkumar,

I came across a post of yours that date back Jan 30, 2012 while I was googling for "why bad period during jupiter mahadasha". And I followed your posts up to Jul 23, 2017. It was interesting reading, like a novel. I am surprised to see that you couldn't get into a job since mid 2001.

You mentioned that you have a masters degree and over 10 years of experience but I didn't see you mentioned your field. (May be I missed it).

I'm a freelancer, been one since mid 2008. Entered Jupiter MD Jan, 2017. But only bad happened to me also since then. But since I'm a freelancer I don't have to worry about permanent jobs ;)

I like to know the field you worked on. Let me know.

TC,
Nick

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 29 Jul 2017

Oh, what a nice day 27th July 2017 morning was -a lovely lady introduced herself to me -she was funny and didn't believe that I am that aged!
For a girl in her late 20's where she would have had options - she spent the entire day till evening with me. We are in touch - but - I still need to evaluate her loyalty and the long-term potential! (because she has Rahu in her 7th House in her D9)

Nickca
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Nickca » 13 Aug 2017

[quote=neelkumar post_id=241360 time=1501341550 user_id=3687]
[i][/i]Oh, what a nice day 27th July 2017 morning was -a lovely lady introduced herself to me -she was funny and didn't believe that I am that aged!
For a girl in her late 20's where she would have had options - she spent the entire day till evening with me. We are in touch - but - I still need to evaluate her loyalty and the long-term potential! (because she has Rahu in her 7th House in her D9)
[/quote]

Hey neelkumar,

I came across a post of yours that date back Jan 30, 2012 while I was googling for "why bad period during jupiter mahadasha". And I followed your posts up to Jul 23, 2017. It was interesting reading, like a novel. I am surprised to see that you couldn't get into a job since mid 2001.

You mentioned that you have a masters degree and over 10 years of experience but I didn't see you mentioned your field. (May be I missed it).

I'm a freelancer, been one since mid 2008. Entered Jupiter MD Jan, 2017. But only bad happened to me also since then. But since I'm a freelancer I don't have to worry about permanent jobs ;)

I like to know the field you worked on. Let me know.

TC,
Nick

Occitane

Post by Occitane » 08 Sep 2017

In my opinion if you want to understand a period of your life, you have too look to the transits of that very year/month. That is what really matters.

The mahadashas are just "general guidelines", general descriptions, and if you comprehend that descriptions you can adjust your life to get the maximum of rewards of those grahas. The dashas are described as "bad" or "good" in a practical sense, it's an easy way to describe fast and clear to crowds of people that "most often" this or that position results in bad mundane situations, and this or that in good. It doesn't mean that the dashas or grahas are anytime "in themselves" something bad, that want to harm you or that necessarily will.

So, the best thing is to comprehend the meaning of the dasha/graha, understand why most often it results in bad situations, and by that you can also compreend how to do it result in good.

And knowing that what really will matter most will be the transits, if you look you'll find often people that have marvellous periods of life in theoretic "bad" mahadashas.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 04 Nov 2017

Hi all..
Very soon ( Dec end 2017 - Jan 2018) I am going to shift to a smaller city and am about to purchase my own house - almost done!
Will this be a good move?
Please note that even if isn't, it cannot be cancelled now!
Please all reply soon. Thanks.