More on Rahu, The Mysterious One

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sapna
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Re: More on Rahu, The Mysterious One

Post by sapna » 19 Mar 2017

my dob is 21/12/88 place-howrah and time is 4.09am,suggest me some remedies for rahu mahadasha :roll:

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 20 Mar 2017

saimamajid83 wrote:
17 Mar 2017
good day mam

really an interesting topic initiated by you. how is rahu/ketu placement in my sons birth chart
male
dob 11th january 2004
pob rawalpindi (pakistan)
tob 19:25hrs

thankyou very much
Dear Saimamajid,

Ra and Ket are placed on the 10-4 axis, are strong natural malefic .
Jup very well placed in 2nd house in a gaj-kesrai yoga aspects Ra in the 10th in positive way...is a mitigation
while Rahu will give the planning and drive in career matters...it remains mildly/ moderatley malefic for the chart.

--Ket sits in the 4th house in Jup's nakshtra and hence inspite of being natural malefic get a positive touch.....spiritual, connected to religious roots and charitable is what Ket makes your son

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sapna wrote:
19 Mar 2017
my dob is 21/12/88 place-howrah and time is 4.09am,suggest me some remedies for rahu mahadasha :roll:
How has been your Ra MahaDasa....pls share some details
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

aspa73paa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aspa73paa » 20 Mar 2017

by shilpa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:10 pm

aspa73paa wrote: ↑ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 pm

--you Rahu sits in Ket's nakshtra and Ket is in Rahu's Nk and that's not a good place for nodes to sit...

Rah and Ketu stand for oppsing significnations and this is the only way they can come togther in the natal chart....generating a lot of negative / malefic energy

--that the 3rd/ 6Lord and lagna / 8th Lords are also debilitated makes the chart harder.

--struggle is the fate for the chart...so keep your exepcttaions low.....get a Rahu / Ketu shanti pujan done and chant both rahu and Ketu mantra daily 108 times
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thanks Shilpaji for this insight in my rahu--ketu placement.
3rd/6th lord is debilitated and retrograde in D1
lagna/8th lord is debilitated but exalted in D9

As you have stated, struggle has been part of my life but have been successful to a certain extent till recent past.

Could you provide some insight into my current career issues and when a likely improvement is possible?

Regards,
Aspa

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

aspa73paa wrote:
20 Mar 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thanks Shilpaji for this insight in my rahu--ketu placement.
3rd/6th lord is debilitated and retrograde in D1
lagna/8th lord is debilitated but exalted in D9

As you have stated, struggle has been part of my life but have been successful to a certain extent till recent past.

Could you provide some insight into my current career issues and when a likely improvement is possible?

Regards,
Aspa
--retrograde and debilitated are different phenomenons that act in parallel and hence their effects add up

retrogradation does not cancel debilitation

--exalted in navamsa does not cancel debilitation in rasi ....they just add up and work in parallel...so during the period of such a planet debilitation in rasi will bring troubles on physical plane.... while exaltation in navamsa will bring joys on the mental happiness plane and also in matters pertaining to spouse and creativity .

there are many rules for N.b only some of which work verifiable

regards

rkmi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by rkmi » 21 Mar 2017

Dear Shilpa ji
Could you please give your astrological advice on my following post.
(Shilpa ji,
Namaskaram,
In my horoscope Rahu-Ketu are in 6-12 axis. I have been struggling since the start of Rahu Mahadasha. I have completed my graduation in commerce some how. Kindly advise me when my condition will improve. I am jobless and doing nothing at present. (dob: 13-01-1995, tob: 3:09 pm, pob:Varanasi). I will be very much grateful for your reply.
best regards
rkmi)

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 23 Mar 2017

Your 6L Venus is in 7H and you are running a Rahu-Venus Vimshottari Dasa period. Are you in some relationship during this period ? Rahu is also in the 7H of D9 and Venus is the 9L of D9.

Thanks
Aravind

rkmi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by rkmi » 24 Mar 2017

Dear Aravind ji
I am in no relationship. I have been facing problem since the start of Rahu-Jupiter period. Rahu has adversely affected my studies also. I am unable to decide what to do and anxious to know what is there in my future. When there is some positive change going to happen?

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Mar 2017

rkmi wrote:
21 Mar 2017
Dear Shilpa ji
Could you please give your astrological advice on my following post.
(Shilpa ji,
Namaskaram,
In my horoscope Rahu-Ketu are in 6-12 axis. I have been struggling since the start of Rahu Mahadasha. I have completed my graduation in commerce some how. Kindly advise me when my condition will improve. I am jobless and doing nothing at present. (dob: 13-01-1995, tob: 3:09 pm, pob:Varanasi). I will be very much grateful for your reply.
best regards
rkmi)
dear rkmi,

--you have a good chart.....exalted moon with lagna ..and shani the karak for 10th house in own house and 10th of dasamas is in own house too...are all strong placements

--LL Ve is with wealth Lord Jup in the 7th and aspecting it's own lagna house and forming a number of wealth / Raj yogas with the exalted moon including a very powerful gajkesari yoga

--Ra is in own Nk and Ket in LL venus'...so the nodes are also well placed...

you are still quite young and depending on how karmik furctifications have been laid out in ones destiny..it can take some time before the good yogas fructify...

your fructification will come when one of Lagna, 7th or 10th house ( all quadrants very strong in your chart) gets activated by transitory triggers....and at the same time the operative MD or anatra is of one of those planets....
and once these positive yogas are triggered they act life long....

--and one such transit would be when Jup moves to Libra around 20th sep....and your 10th house will be activated under the dual aspect of shani/ Jup...the operative anatra will still be Venus...and this might bring a boost to your career.

regards

rkmi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by rkmi » 25 Mar 2017

Dear Shilpa ji
Thank you so much. I am relieved as I have so much faith in your predictions.
Best regards
rkmi

aadi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aadi » 25 Mar 2017

Hello shilpaji,
i read the first point you mentioned about a hit at the start of Rahu mahadasha. Strong or not but i did lose my father in rahu-sat. rahu-ketu are in 4-10 axis. rahu is with venus, mercury, jupiter in libra. venus, mercury being retrograde.I like reading your articles as they are based on your experience of analyzing various horoscopes.
regards

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 25 Mar 2017

Hi, is there any thumb rule for Rahu's dasha, how to judge if it will be overall good or bad for native? For e.g. the Cancer and Leo ascendants (moon and Sun), will it be bad automatically as Rahu is consider to be enemy of sign lord? It will be quite a long period of 18 years, if it is goind to be bad all through out.

Can someone clear this doubt?

saimamajid83

Post by saimamajid83 » 26 Mar 2017

thankyou very much for your quick reply
you are right the kid is better than other kids of his age group in religious education.i and my husband both are teachers but the kid is struggling in school education.he was promoted to 8th standard yesterday but only scored 80% marks. i know he has the potential to get at least 90% marks and he was well prepared for the examination also but............
why is it so

are the things going to improve. i am very worried
with regards

yours truly
male
dob 11th january 2004
pob rawalpindi pakistan
tob 19:25hrs

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 27 Mar 2017

Hi Shilpa ji,

I think you missed my query from 1st page itself. If you could shed some light on rahu in 9th house causing curse of Dharma and ista devta, that would help me a lot since i have been thinking about enrolling myself to be a priest pretty soon.

Regards,
AB

guru

Post by guru » 28 Mar 2017

Shipla ji, Yuagadi wishes...
In my younger son horoscope Ketu in 6 and C in 12 - Kumbha Lagna
DOB - 23 Sep 2008 / 4:32 PM / Chengelpet
how is Rahu /Ketu in my sons birth chart
Thanks in Advance
Guru

silkygrover
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by silkygrover » 31 Mar 2017

Rahu and Ketu are referred to in the sacred literature as the demons who consumed nectar and became immortal. In almost all books of astrology of India they are referred to but have rarely been praised. It may be because of their mystic nature and a lot of mysterious stories associated with both these planets.

Infact it is the greatness of our Vedic sages that they have been able to invent exact points or nodes of moon cutting the earth’s orbit of sun. The point where the moon’s north node cuts the earth’s axis in the zodiac and thus makes a shadow on the zodiac is called Rahu and the South node of the moon is called Ketu. Ironically Rahu, the North Node which is looking towards earth signifies Materialism and Ketu which is in to the Darkness, as it is reversely pointed looks like tail Or symbolically an inward look in to the subconsciousness Or signifies Spirituality as Opposed to Rahu and both nodes are always 180¾ apart in the 360¾ 12-House divided Zodiac.

According to some advanced techniques of modern predictions, a lot of research has been conducted on the Positive effects of Rahu and many eminent astrologers such as K.N. Rao, Dr. David Frawley and many astro research councils have come out with lots of interesting aspects and significance of Rahu and Ketu in one’s horoscope. Rahu as such depending on its placement and strength etc. factors can some times give a tremendous and sudden mystical developments and great master deepak ji.

Rahu and Ketu play a significant role in giving interests Tantric and Mantra sadhanas and some times to the hight of extreme rebellious ritualistics. According to south Indian Dravidians, Rahu is nothing but Lord Shiva himself. Rahu is pleased when Ma Durga is worshipped.

Also there is another esoteric serpent symbolism associated with Rahu and Ketu to Kundalini Shakthi (Energy). The Head being Rahu (Signifying the different cosmic head petals of the Cosmic Snake Sahsrara Chakra or Awakening) and the tail being Ketu (Muladhara Chakra – Ganesha – or the beginning).

No one can ever master astrology but our finer techniques of astrological predictions cannot improve unless we discussed with open mind through presentation our predictions as case studies and more over, the effects and significance of mystery planets like Rahu and Ketu still offer a lot of scope in research, further study and application of principles of predictions.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 03 Apr 2017

Hi Shilpa,

Is it possible for Rahu and Saturn to exchange their results, though not in parivartana?
I have Rahu in own nakshatra in 11H, while Saturn is in 8H. My Rahu Dasha was like what I would have expected from my Saturn, while my Saturn Dasha which is in progress, has been pretty much like what a planet in 11H would give.

tv1980_2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tv1980_2 » 22 Apr 2017

shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017
freeloader wrote:
11 Mar 2017
What about rahu in the 3rd house? Is that good also? Because it's upachaya house.
It is said Rahu does well in Upachaya houses.....and that's one of many such sayings....
Does it ?
I don't know haven't been able to study enough cases closely to validate.
regards
My rahu is in 11th house. the current MD has been full of ups and downs but on average, I would say it gave me gains - income, a stable job that I wanted and higher education. However, to achieve these things it was full of struggle.

Hanish
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hanish » 22 Apr 2017

Dear Shilpa,

Just got curious at your statement about 6th house placement of RAHU as best.. Would you not consider 6th house placement for MARS as best, even more so when its exalted there in order to conquer over/destroy enemies.? Just curious.

Thanks

Babsdee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Babsdee » 05 May 2017

How does rahu mahadasha fare when its in 4th house but in sagittarius (supposed to be its sign of debilitation)...with 4 other planets...
4 jan 1973
00:50am
Mumbai

Vinith

Post by Vinith » 02 Feb 2018

Dear Shilpaji,

Please give your advice on my astrological chart. I have Rahu-ketu in 5-11 axis. Rahu in Virgo in 11th conjuct with Sun+Mercury and Ketu in Pisces in 5th. I am struggling terribly after the Antara of Rahu ended in 2011... or from the middle of it. It took me to a good position at the start of the Antara in 2009... I thought it is going to be a smooth sailing from thereon. But then it has only brought me down and I am still struggling to get back. Kindly advise me when will things get better career wise and money wise.

(DOB: 26-09-78, TOB: 11:49am, POB: Mumbai, Maharashtra).

It would be very grateful

Best regards,
Vinith

radspaul
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by radspaul » 19 Apr 2019

Shilpa maam, want your interpretation about my husband's chart who is going to start his rahu mahadasha..I am really scared as have seen my father's and now my husband's..
Pls shed some light
His DOB 9/02/73
TIME 4:45 AM ; CALCUTTA