Saturn & Venus - Unlikely Friends?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor
Saturn & Venus - Unlikely Friends?

Post by astrovedic » 25 Jul 2016

Request learned Astrologers to tell the Puranic story of the mutual friendship between Saturn & Venus. Mythological fables about the enmity between Shani & Surya, the story of Guru-Chandra-Budha are well known, Shani & Shukra seem poles apart, how did this mutual friendship occur that further both become yogakarakas for each others ascendants.

haricharan

Re: Saturn & Venus - Unlikely Friends?

Post by haricharan » 26 Jul 2016

Its their common interest which brings them together : opposition of Surya.
Also Shukracharya (Venus) is guru of demons , and demons like to dwell in dark, cold (Less sun) , and filthy places which are the places of Shani.
Forgiveness + Tolerance + Patience = Happiness

Naitikjani223
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Naitikjani223 » 26 Jul 2016

Hi astrovedic,

I agree with haricharan's inputs on this.

I am not an astrologer but i have learnt quite a few indifferent things about relation between Saturn and Venus, which kind of make their relationship very unique. Saturn becomes Yogakaraka in Venus ruled ascendants (Taurus & Libra), while Venus becomes Yogakaraka in Saturn ruled ascendants ( Capricorn & Aquarius), its like giving your house keys to your best friend.

Saturn is about disciple, boundaries, commitment, our duties and limitations, while Venus is about Luxury and all types of comforts in life, So whoever placed first in chart results come accordingly and same in case of dasha of both. If person goes through Saturn dasha first or born in Saturn dasha, comforts in life comes at later stage because Saturn first makes person disciplined and committed, Similarly if person goes through Venus time period first then with the age and time slowly he/she becomes more mature and disciplined person.

Interestingly if you think, Friday comes first and then Saturday, people work all week, so they can enjoy weekend and then later on they get ready for duty and work for next week.

Just wanted to share here few things.
lets hope we get more thoughts from learned members here,

zenspot

Post by zenspot » 26 Jul 2016

Naitikjani223 wrote:
> Hi astrovedic,
>
> Interestingly if you think, Friday comes first and then Saturday, people work all
> week, so they can enjoy weekend and then later on they get ready for duty and work
> for next week.

Naitsikjani223,

I feel you contradict yourself in your post. If Friday is Venus and it comes first, peoples should enjoy on Friday? then it is Saturdy, it means discpline, hard work, duties, etc. Then on that day they should do hard work, duties? What about Sunday Sun is royalty, kingly status what does that mean?

Does not make any sense. It should be opposite. That is why I said, astrology is like trying to fit stuff together that is unnatural and very opposite of how we live todayy. Anyhow, this is just point of view, no issues.

More later.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 26 Jul 2016

"Natural friends of a planet are lords of the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th and 12th, from its moolatrikona sign and the
lord of the sign where it is exalted"...

astronomical order of planetary orbits, in other words, which underlie the order of rulerships.
Rohiniranjan

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 24 Nov 2016

Simple answer: Saturn and Venus are both hardcore material planets. Hence Sa, Ve, Me form one natural group of planets. The goal of both Sa and Ve is mostly on the material plane. Natural lordships of 2nd, 7th, 10th, 11th houses of zodiac.

If you look at the charts of the billionaires like Bill Gates, Amancia Ortega etc, it is due to Saturn and Venus conjunction that they made massive amounts of money. All with either hard work, or due to intelligence, but always in a legitimate manner so that bad karma is not accumulated in the process of making money.

Lots of astrologers in India incorrectly state that Jupiter is the planet of wealth when in reality Jupiter is planet of opportunities, expansion and in the highest sense, a planet of knowledge and dharma (purpose). Natural lordships of 9th and 12th houses - does not care about material success in its highest form.

For Sa and Ve, material success is the only thing that matters - with Saturn in dignified position with Venus, it will make sure that the material goals are pursued in a strictly legal stepwise manner.

Hope this helps.

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 26 Nov 2016

Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, nice explanation astroKid_84!

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 29 Nov 2016

tandav wrote:Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, nice explanation astroKid_84!
Glad you liked it Tandav :D

PV1993
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PV1993 » 02 Dec 2016

Great explanation astrokid-84 sir!!!

I have Venus and Saturn mutual aspect \. Venus is my 10th Lord and 3rd Lord in Leo in Magha (Sun in 2nd house Virgo) in 1st house and Saturn my 6th and 7th lord in Aquarius in 7th house in Dhanistha.

Does this results in similar results to the Venus-Saturn conjunction or is mutual aspect different due to dispositorship? I have read that Saturn's aspect to Venus gives stability, trust etc but Venus's aspect to Saturn may give loss of wealth. How does these 2 relate then?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Dec 2016

Venus and Saturn might denote material success but Brhadaranyaka Upanisad says that Sampad which refers to the ear denotes prosperity. Whatever one desires one will be obtained. Jupiter represents the ear. Also Rahu actually.

People aspiring to prosperity, especially for countries like India where disparity in riches is great would look to Jupiter first. Then with Rahu's help to turn visualisation to reality which is not optional if you aspire to GREAT riches.

After which Venus+Saturn can take its place to grant the person material success.

A badly placed and weak Jupiter, most of the time material suucees would be hard to come by easily or it may encounter several obstacles. Jupiter also governs family lineage ie. whether you have the path of riches laid down for you.

Ketu also takes over where Rahu started off once you reach your material goals. It advises on materal detachment to go from peak to peak.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Dec 2016

Having said that, the same Upanisad went on to say that the body cannot live on without breadth but can live without ear, eye, seed, mind, speech.

Breadth is Saturn. A good Saturn in the chart the person would not be in want of things.

With Saturn and Venus combined, all desires turn to fulfillment instantly.

Saturn in the 9th aspected by Jupiter, the person gets enormous blessings.

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 14 Dec 2016

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Venus and Saturn might denote material success but Brhadaranyaka Upanisad says that Sampad which refers to the ear denotes prosperity. Whatever one desires one will be obtained. Jupiter represents the ear. Also Rahu actually.

People aspiring to prosperity, especially for countries like India where disparity in riches is great would look to Jupiter first. Then with Rahu's help to turn visualisation to reality which is not optional if you aspire to GREAT riches.

After which Venus+Saturn can take its place to grant the person material success.

A badly placed and weak Jupiter, most of the time material suucees would be hard to come by easily or it may encounter several obstacles. Jupiter also governs family lineage ie. whether you have the path of riches laid down for you.

Ketu also takes over where Rahu started off once you reach your material goals. It advises on materal detachment to go from peak to peak.
Hi Sir, yes, you are in the Jupiter camp like 90% of astrologers that I have encountered in India. I am definitely in the Saturn-Venus camp for material build up of wealth over time. But I do see your point - a well placed Jupiter makes things very easy for you in that area of life. In some societies where access to upward mobility is highly restricted, yes, Jupiter could be the only path to riches, but then this is mostly credit from previous good karmas in past lives. A well placed Sa-Ve combo for riches makes you work really hard on your own in THIS lifetime. Assistance of Rahu is always welcome of course to add excitement. Glad we both agree on Rahu:)

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 15 Dec 2016

Saturn alone is the most important which can be substituted by a good Jupiter in case Saturn is bad. Jupiter good but Saturn bad the person can still survive but not much of a career I would say. Nadi Astrology place great emphasis on Jupiter and Saturn. Both must be good. Since for Nadi Astrology, planets are outcomes, the outcome can be assured to be good if both Jupiter and Saturn are good.

Venus is only added as an afterthought but is a great strengthener as can bee seen in the chart of Bill Gates. So Venus+Saturn can be taken as a bar that one has to cross to get CONCRETE material success, with or without Jupiter or Rahu. With Rahu you can get more but that depends on Ketu too (see my other post), with Jupiter the advantages have already been enumerated.

Venus+Saturn can be liken to a flood, which for us taken by its ebb, lead on to greater fortune. It is one in a lifetime kind of thing but the materiality stays behind for us to invest more (which is Jupiter and Rahu). Notice Bill Gates is still climbing the chart of the Billionaires' List but he is no more in the limelight.

rajaram

Post by rajaram » 17 Dec 2016

Good points to read.

Would like to take my example...

Scorpion ascendant with ketu, Mars conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius in 2nd house, Venus conjunct Saturn in Libra in 12th house....all the conjunction are very close....have been going through Venus dasha since 1997, material success have been average. Because of Saturn in 12th house, have always felt that the materialistic things have been delayed and comes after a lot of financial planning.
Because of Jupiter in second house always feel that the money will come i.e. very optimistic about getting money but Saturn second aspect from 12th house makes me sometimes frustrated with material wealth.

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 12 Feb 2017

Hi members,

In my case, I have ve-sa combo in 8th getting aspected by retro jup in 2nd for my Taurus lagna. At 27, zero gfs and zero bank balance. Running ketu MD, I have realized that neither there is true love nor true happiness can be obtained from having immense wealth.

Feels like feeding retro jup is like on the path suicide. I was born in saturn MD and I will be starting my Ve MD in few months. What can I expect?

dcrack
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by dcrack » 01 Apr 2017

Hello seniors,

I thank you all learned people to have taught me new things. I would appreciate if someone could answer the following.

Does saturn in the first house mean that the person is disciplined, committed etc etc as mentioned above?

or does it depend on the nakshatra it has taken and the rashi in which the lagna falls?

DHANU LAGNA - SATURN (R) - NAKSHATRA LORD VENUS IN TULA.

any thoughts and inputs will be appreciated..

thank you

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 01 Apr 2017

Hi Dcrack,

Since dhanur lagna you will have the mindset of Dharma as basic, as in doing what is right even if it upsets you. Now saturn comes here if it wasn't retro I would have said protecting Dharma would have been piece of cake for you. Like following the instructions from a textbook. But since saturn is retro the way how you protect Dharma would be different or more like eccentric.

Also, what's your skin complexion? Dark black?

Just to avoid any unnecessary bad thing caused by this retro saturn it's better to start chanting Hanuman Chalisa. It works.

Regards,
AB

shantaramk
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by shantaramk » 01 Apr 2017

saturn and venus are both considered materialistic planets and friends, but not desirable friends?

negatively sat-venus conjunct or sat-venus opp crave for romance but gets restricted,
and could impact mutual health in marriage through materialism. sat for chronic disease.

same time sat-venus could promote artistic tastes like sculpting, handicrafts, drawing, etc,
sat libra in venus sign is balanced and objective, standing for justice, balanced material/social needs,

venus in saturn sign could restrict expression of relationship, inexpressive,
venus in pisces is elevated, selfless in attitude towards helping others, bhaktiyoga,
venus in virgo is selfish in approach in interpersonal relations, venus debilated in virgo,

sat debilated in aries becomes more action oriented against it's nature, good for serving people/social work,
venus aims at comforts/luxuries, saturn sets the boundry-limit, seek only as much as is needed,

sat is for right action followed by rewards, sat cap and sat acq natal 10-11 houses, hardwork, social service,
venus 2/7 houses taurus/libra is for family-finances/bank balance-speech-relationship-marriage-business partnerrships/trade, diplomatic relations, and the comforts thereof.

jup gives wealth through knowledge, teaching-advisory services-consultancy-medicine etc,
sat through technology, mining, mechanics, hardwork. venus through artistic pursuits.

hope this builds some perspective on sat-venus nature and relationship; others could shape this further.

best regards/kshantaram

Epictetus
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Epictetus » 02 Apr 2017

[quote=rajaram post_id=235399 time=1481992136 user_id=11503]
Good points to read.

Would like to take my example...

Scorpion ascendant with ketu, Mars conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius in 2nd house, Venus conjunct Saturn in Libra in 12th house....all the conjunction are very close....have been going through Venus dasha since 1997, material success have been average. Because of Saturn in 12th house, have always felt that the materialistic things have been delayed and comes after a lot of financial planning.
Because of Jupiter in second house always feel that the money will come i.e. very optimistic about getting money but Saturn second aspect from 12th house makes me sometimes frustrated with material wealth.
[/quote]

Hi rajaram,

We seem to be in similar situation. Please see my other post about 8th house.

I am also going through Venus Mahadasha since 1997 which is in 8th. Saturn in 7th. Scorpio lagan.

I would tend to agree about Venus and Saturn providing wealth/status etc.

As we know 7th and 8th are about spouse and other people's money, once I got married, it propelled me to another status. It changed my lifestyle as I my wife belongs to a very illustrated family. But the silver lining could also be of having Jupiter in its own house and sign in 2nd in Sagittarius, although retro.

dcrack
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by dcrack » 04 Apr 2017

[quote=Astroboyprakuchan post_id=237667 time=1491069996 user_id=17641]
Hi Dcrack,

Since dhanur lagna you will have the mindset of Dharma as basic, as in doing what is right even if it upsets you. Now saturn comes here if it wasn't retro I would have said protecting Dharma would have been piece of cake for you. Like following the instructions from a textbook. But since saturn is retro the way how you protect Dharma would be different or more like eccentric.

Also, what's your skin complexion? Dark black?

Just to avoid any unnecessary bad thing caused by this retro saturn it's better to start chanting Hanuman Chalisa. It works.

Regards,
AB
[/quote]

Dear Astroboyprakuchan ji
Sincere thanks for your reply. My Skin complexion is fair. May be you will get a better idea if you have my exact birth details. I do not have all the traits that a person should have if saturn is in the first house.

P.S. : GURU is in 7th which aspects shani in ascendant.

date : 07 september 1989
time : 13.31
place: mangalore

Thanks again.

regards

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 23 Jul 2017

Your post is very accurate. I feel like a lot of interpretations of Saturn-Venus conjunctions are from people who don't have the conjunction which results in the significant negative effects of the conjunction not being mentioned. Regardless of their friendship, Saturn is still an extremely malefic planet and it afflicts Venus to a degree.

I don't have this placement, but I used to be in a long term relationship with a girl who had it in her fifth house in Aquarius counted from Moon in Libra. Craving romance but being restricted is exactly what happened and what ended the relationship. She wanted to feel loved but would not accept it when given to her, and while she had some awareness of this, she never understood how significantly it impacted her capacity to be loved and to be in a healthy relationship. She was also unpleasantly materialistic, despite having an unaspected Jupiter in Sagittarius.
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 23 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed un-necessary quotes.

rita07

Post by rita07 » 01 Aug 2017

sat ven mean affair after marriage with over age

Philstinnet
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Philstinnet » 07 Oct 2017

I got Saturn and Venus in close conjunction in 8th house in Virgo with Jupiter. All three planets are within 3 degrees of each other in Hasta Nakshatra. I am not an artist or sculpture or painter. My marriage was arranged. All the girls I liked and pursued never reciprocated the feelings so no love affair. Married late at the age of 34. My wife or her family is nothing exceptional even though 7th lord Sun in 7th house with 5th lord mercury.

joyd

Post by joyd » 08 Oct 2017

No doubt that venus-saturn are high-end life givers but there are some clauses in this.If they are yoga karakas for lagna,they should be placed or conjunct in papa sthanas.In case if they are ava yoga karakas for lagna ,they should join in good sthanas.One has to keenly observe this clauses before judging the effects of hose two planets.

joyd.

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 09 Oct 2017

Hi Joyd sir,

by Papa sthana, do you mean the dusthan houses? if so, does the lord of that dusthan house have to be strong or weak to get results?

regards,
AB