A case of Vish Yoga

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev0
A case of Vish Yoga

Post by Dev0 » 24 Sep 2016

I have learnt that Saturn moon conjunction causes Vish Yoga which is bad for everything to do with moon, emotions, mother etc. If one has Rahu conjunct with the two then it can be worse. But what about the cases when either saturn or moon is in it's own house, say If the three are together in Makara lagna in first house? What are the rules for cancellation of the Vish yoga or this Vish+Grahan yoga (Pishacha Yoga?) ?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: A case of Vish Yoga

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 25 Sep 2016

The trouble with yogas like Vish Yoga and Pishacha yogas are that they involve combination of planets in conjunction. You must remember that :

(1) these same planets can also be involed in larger combination of planets so they take on the characteristic of larger combination of planets.

(2) one or more of them may be in own or exalted sign which changes the character of the yoga, becoming better for instance like more spiritual if you are talking about moom+saturn conjunction. Rahu added to this can amplify the strength further and the Pishacha yoga may no more be involved under consideration because now one of the planets is in its own sign and rahu's role has become only as an amplifier for the other two planets.

(3) one or more of them may be lords of important houses, especially the lagna in which case the conjunction become a different yoga altogether.

(4) For (3) if the navamsa dispositor is considered, in some cases the yoga definition changes once again.

(5) Impact of natural benefics can soften the yoga while impact of natural malefics will make the yoga worse. Venus impact can impart materiality, Jupiter impact can make it more auspiciousness generally, Mars can cause criminal tendencies or if Mars is a Yogakaraka it can give it more direction in achieving goals etc.

(6) Depending on whether it occurs in an uppachaya, dusthana, trine or kendra, the yoga goodness also changes accordingly. So house placement where the conjunction takes place matter too. In some other yogas, a specific bhava placement may be mentioned to cancel its maleficity or it may be the placement in a certain bhava becomes part of the basic definition of the yoga concerned.

(7) It may be part of a nabhasa yoga, one of which famous example is kala saarpa yoga although scriptures do not acknowledge this but if you think carefully, kala saarpa yoga involve the spatial arrangement of planets so is a kind of nabhasa yoga. The conjunction of moon+saturn as part of other kinds of nabhasa yoga can also be considered eg. all planets occupying all the 4 kendras of which the moom+saturn conjunction is situated in one of the kendras, then this conjunction becomes a pillar of strength.

Best Regards
Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 26 Sep 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Dev0

Post by Dev0 » 25 Sep 2016

Thanks Hock, I find this very informative and interesting. It will take some time to think and digest all of this but I am enjoying learning more of this. I guess there are instances when it gets difficult to say what is actually happening with the chart and examples have to be studies. Your points are really good guidelines for me to progress understanding, thanks!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Even if you find a pure Vish Yoga, pure in the said without the aforesaid mentioned considerations, do not forget that base on the Panchami relationship of planets, even though Moon and Saturn are still enemies, Moon works on behalf of Saturn for Saturn's objectives and goals. Which is why some astrologers believe that Saturn affects Sun more (even though Sun is Saturn's father) than Saturn affecting Moon.

For example Saturn needs to do work. But in so doing work he incurs dirt maybe because a large portion of his work involves manual labour. Then he use water (Moon) and soap (Saturn) to wash away the dirt (Saturn). Notice that the water washes away the soap suds as well (Moon and Saturn being natural enemies).

In terms of chart interpretation, you can say that people with Vish Yoga has the ability to tolerate weaknesses of others provided the points mentioned in my 1st reply to you exist, giving the yoga some strength and virtue. He can gloss over these weaknesses of others and move on. He understands that we are all part of a karmic cycle which one has no control.

On the other hand if the Vish Yoga is the pure unadulterated one with none of the virtues existing as mentioned in the points which I just enumerated, and on top of it, a bad Mars is aspecting it and is found in a Dusthana with no cancellation of maleficity, these kind of people would be full of maleficence.
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 26 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The moral of the story :

Try to get pure water to do your washing, even Ganges water maybe, and get a good quality soap, to wash away impurities of all kinds in the widest sense of the word.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh yes, let's not forget the temporal relationships of Jaimini.

So for example, if Moon is Atmakaraka and Saturn is Putrakaraka, then their conjunction results in a Rajayoga.

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 27 Sep 2016

usually conjunction of moon saturn rahu is very bad
its alone enough to spoil ones life
but in practical I have seen that this work only in its dasha and antara
like if there is rahu dasha
or if there is saturn dasha
or moon dasha
and if other planets also not strong might make life hell during its dasha
also degrees and nakshatra and their position in other divisional charts also important
Thanx

Dev0

Post by Dev0 » 08 Oct 2016

Thanks Hock for sharing the fine points. It's an interesting and complicated combination indeed.

Dev0

Post by Dev0 » 08 Oct 2016

Thanks Dr Anjana for sharing your professional experience. It's very useful to know it's practical effect as I don't really have many examples to know about this conjunction. I was just trying to understand it from theoretical perspective and got confused as i know so little yet.

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 11 Dec 2019

How about when moon saturn are aspecting each other. Like 4-10 positions? Is that considered a vish yoga?

What happens when saturn is the lord of the 7th and 8th in case of a cancer ascendant present in uttaraphalguni and aspecting moon in revathi and Jupiter in uttarabhadra?

Saturn in Kumbha in Navamsa Lagna and moon in Capricorn in Navamsa.

Request learned members to throw some light 🙏

Best regards