Physical attractiveness in vedic astrology

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lilly2005
Contributor
Contributor
Physical attractiveness in vedic astrology

Post by lilly2005 » 28 Aug 2016

Dear Members,

What planetary combination are considered to make a person physically attractive in Vedic Astrology? What are the houses, nakshatra, planetary aspects to consider when looking at a chart?

Lilly

SWARNIM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Physical attractiveness in vedic astrology

Post by SWARNIM » 29 Aug 2016

One among the numerous combinations is association of Mars (Physical Strength, Vitality, Vigour) and Venus (Beauty) with the Lord of Ascendant. The Moon should also be well placed.

Brown
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Brown » 02 Sep 2016

The houses to always look for physical attractiveness are 1H and 7H.

Others:

1. A well placed Arudha Lagna with Venus/moon or the AL lord associated with venus/moon, since AL is how others perceive you.

2. When Venus/Moon looks at the Lagna with their aspect or simply when Venus is associated with LL/LH.

3. Rahu-Venus combo is said to bestow the native with an attractive quality unless they aren't disturbed by other malefic planets.

4. Raj-Lakshan Yoga: When Jup and Sun are conjunct or in mutual aspect. This is actually a yoga which gives the native a commanding quality. Since physical attractiveness depends on more than just the facial beauty, I think this yoga is swell! Like, I'm sure you've seen that dude who is not especially handsome but he is exuding something and you totally swoon. I bet he has this yoga :lol:

lilly2005
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lilly2005 » 03 Sep 2016

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. There has been research done on this subject and much importance is given to facial symmetry and a youthful appearance. Sadyly, beauty fades with age due to decline in hormones. I would have thought both Venus and Mercury should be looked at to get an overall indication. Not sure why moon plays a role but could be because how we think and feel inside reflects on the outside? Scientific study also indicates that intelligence and beauty go hand in hand.

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 03 Sep 2016

Okie dokie spaghettis, I think its about time I shared some of my observations. I have a handful of friends with exalted venus in their charts, and trust me, not all of them are attractive. One is very obese and the other two are not pretty, so from this I have come to the conclusion that exalted venus doesnt guarantee beauty. Maybe if it aspects lagna or lagnesh. HOWEVER, all of these friends with exalted venus (both male and female) are very romantic in their relationships and have gotten into many loving relationships. In other words, they all charm very easily. They are also very concerned with beauty/love on a higher plane! Not simply beauty as in having the perfect nose, or perfect waist, in fact unlike a debilitated venus, they arent concerned about physical beauty much. They all have accepted imperfections in their partners (I know this personally) and they do their best to see the beauty of one's soul/personality. This is honestly a very beautiful gift that exalted venus natives are blessed with.

Okay looks like I digressed the topic. But I just found it so interesting at how venus, the planet of beauty, fashion, makeup, tends to seek ethereal love/beauty when exalted, and not just physical. In fact their fashion sense, which is much similar to the fashion of the Bohemian 60s, is very flowy, soft, and almost has a transcendental look. If they are a woman, they love to dress in very feminine and flowing styles of clothing (lace, silk, thin chiffon, very little makeup), and if men, they enjoy seeing women in such styles.

Okay i digressed from the topic again, sorry about that Lilly. But i think I need to start a separate thread for this fashion & astro topic.

Buhbyes :)

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 04 Sep 2016

Have you observed mercury...?
Rohiniranjan

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Sep 2016

I think, venus or moon placed in lagna makes one look good and mercury gives an intelligent look apart from other combinations.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 09 Sep 2016

moon does give beautiful, attractive eyes, but really --and like most astro-factors one must utilize other considerations and not just placement.
Rohiniranjan

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 10 Sep 2016

@ Lily,

I have read a sloka that translates into "One with waxing moon in the 2nd house will be so attractive that even the damsels amongst the Devas will fall for him, what to say about mere mortal women" - so the effect of a nicely placed Moon cannot be discounted.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 10 Sep 2016

I know, there are several other things to be considered. People do say I have attractive eyes :D . Thanks.

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 10 Sep 2016

Lol

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 10 Sep 2016

Since we are already talking about appearances. Does anyone have an idea about which placements can cause excessively oily skin? My skin is literally so oily. Despite my daily skincare routine, not drinking caffeine, and staying in cool environments, my skin still thinks its an oil factory. This is not a recent thing, I have been like this since I was 8 years old. I'm destined for oil production I suppose.

Any astrological placements that lead to oily skins?

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 11 Sep 2016

It does apply here :) Can you share about the person's looks?

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 12 Sep 2016

venus mars makes the person attractive
ascendant between venus mars or 2nd house have venus or moon also give beauty

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 24 Nov 2016

Dev wrote:I know, there are several other things to be considered. People do say I have attractive eyes :D . Thanks.

Hi Dev ji, have not seen your chart, but do you have Rahu/Venus in 2nd :D ?

For being called handsome, I find that Rahu or Venus in 2nd house (in friendly house) with some Mars aspect (especially if you are a man), helps in this regard. My girl friends in the past have always found my eyes/face to be the most attractive. They will keep staring into them all the time :)

If you are looking for macho body (as opposed to handsome face and features), then Mars and Rahu on the lagna should do the trick.

Women (even with very average looks and sometimes with shocking dressing sense) get complimented way more than men due to the bizarre stereotypes of our society and social media has just aggravated this tendency a 100 times. If you do not believe me, please have a cursory glance at Facebook profile updates. Anyways some Rohini nakshatra influence for a woman makes her genuinely attractive. I have also seen that Venus in a woman's chart is very very important if you want to see if she likes taking her of herself, dressing in a feminine manner etc. If a Venus is damaged in a female's chart, it is very difficult for her to feel pretty no matter how she actually looks like.

For a straight man, It is simply wonderful spending time with a woman who has a strong Venus in her own chart (esp in thula, pisces or aquarius, taurus). Even if she is not that pretty, she will be genuinely pleasant (in a feminine manner) and make it worth your while.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Nov 2016

I do not have combinations that you indicated.
Anyway there are different opinions astrologically about beauty and also different people have different views and opinions.
You may not look handsome to me and same vece versa for eg.

Also about Rohini I dont agree, I have a relative with rohini and she is far from being beautiful. She is too dark and has no good looks too. I mean the features.

It depends on the horoscope and of course beauty is too complex to be decided by the horoscope.

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 25 Nov 2016

Venus moon in asc, mars aspecting the asc ;)
Last edited by lightray94 on 26 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 25 Nov 2016

they always say I have good following among women wherever I go but my egoistic venus doesn't allow me to open and talk to them

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 26 Nov 2016

Hi,

There are many combinations in the shastras on this. Let's see some of them:
For beauty:
1. Venus in Lagna or 2nd house/ Venus with Lagna lord/ 2nd lord;
2. Moon in Lagna or 2nd house/ Moon with Lagna lord/ 2nd lord;
3. Venus or Moon in 5th house;
4. Lagna lord in 12th or 12th lord in Lagna;
5. Venus/ Moon in the 2nd from 7th lord from UL.
6. Saturn/ Mars in 6th;
7. Sun with Venus in Lagna.

For ugliness:
1. Saturn in Lagna or 2nd house/ Saturn with Lagna lord/ 2nd lord;
2. Mars in 5th house (Jaimini Sutras);
3. Saturn/ Mars in 8th house;
4. Saturn/ Rahu in the 2nd from the 7th lord from UL.

Ex:

Sri Krishna (June 24, -3227, 00:20, Mathura)
Lagna in Taurus with Moon in Rohini Nakshatra in Parivarthana with Venus in Cancer. Saturn or Mars are not in 8th, also from the 7th lord from UL, Saturn or Rahu are not in the 2nd house. The 2nd house is aspected only by Jupiter- Mercury [by Rasi Drishti- this gives kingship over a city- Jaimini Sutras/ Garga Hora. He was king of Dvaraka]. He is God and He is the most beautiful for 100%.

Female (Nov 27, 1982, 9:20, Bucharest, Romania)
Lagna is in Saggitarius, with Mars, the 12th Lord in Lagna in Parivarthana with Lagna lord, Jupiter, placed in 12th house. Jupiter is also with Sun and Venus. She is like an Apsara from Indra Loka, and many men are destroyed by the arrows of Cupid when they are near her.

Regards,
M

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 29 Nov 2016

I dont think Saturn in Lagna can cause ugliness, we need to look at overall horoscope.
My sister with saturn alone in lagna is very fair and good looking.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 13 Apr 2018

नमः शिवाय!
marian i. wrote:
26 Nov 2016
He (Sri Krishna) is God and He is the most beautiful for 100%
Come on!
Definition of Krishna: कर्षतीति कृष्णः (Karshateeti Krishnah) The one which is attractive is कृष्ण (Krishna), the one which is black is Krishna! Karshana or Aakarshana means attraction! Oh my God!😍 I love my Krishna!😙 :) He's Great! He has lot of inner beauty!
marian i. wrote:
26 Nov 2016
For ugliness:
1. Saturn in Lagna
You've understood it wrongly, what about Saturn in Ascendant in Sagittarius or in Capricorn?
Result: They look very beautiful!
Reason: 2nd lord in a Kendra sthaanam! Don't know the logic, but got it from a post written by Joyd bhaiyya. I've verified horoscopes of my friends & various people who're meant to have so called beautiful looks! I've verified the horoscopes of Shreya Ghoshal, Shri devi & so on! It fits! But want to know the logic, why?
As everyone says Venus in 2nd, Waxing Moon in 2nd, Mars-Venus combination, Rahu-Venus combination & there will be so many!
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 14 Apr 2018

marian:

Your data is raw and incorrect. we have to see the whole horoscope.
One of our coworkers had neecha saturn in lagna and no other planet there. He was bit dark but had wonderful features and was considered handsome by all though he had almost no friends.

joyd

Post by joyd » 15 Apr 2018

marian:

Leave lord Krishna chart anode,as the actual timings and years are varied with the authors.you mentioned an apsarasa from Roumania.so we will take up her chart for clear understanding now. As per your post -Female Nov 27, 1982, 9:20, Bucharest, Romania. Now go to her D9/-D-3-/D-30 Charts.Before examining them keep in mind that physical beauty karakas are mercury-mars .karakas For Mesmerising,sedative looks are Saturn-Rahu..Now we will judge those charts.

D-9/Lagna falls in mercurian sign /D-3 -in Martian sign / In D30- jupitaerian sign.Virgo-Aries-Sagittarius.
D-9 moon falls in Saturn-Mars signs of Capricorn-Scorpio.
D-9 sun falls in Venus-jupiter-Mercury signs of Libra-Pisces-Virgo.
Saturn exalted in these chart of D-Saturn-rahu conjucted in D3 chart.
see the rahus role in the above all 3 charts.

Now you analyse yourself with my given points above the reason for her cupid arrows power.D-3 meaning you know well.It is called the drustti-kona ,in short we are spelling it as dreshkona. In D3 ,both luminaries acquired Venusian qualities due to their placement in 5-9 positions.

your mentioned points for her beauty in your post are invalid ones astrologically.In short moons navamsa lord decides the beauty of a person.Here moon in with Rahu In saturns house-CAPRICORN.so how Saturn given the extraordinary beauty to that lady ?you can explore a lot more things from the above given rules.Try it and find out them.

joyd.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 15 Apr 2018

Astrokid:
Even in case of venus, I know of a person with debilitated venus though has neecha bhanga. But then she is very feminine, has lots of make up and so on and is very good looking. So I think one has to look at the whole horoscope to determine beauty.

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 15 Apr 2018

1,2,7 houses followed by 5,9? - Venus or moon or mercury
4th house Venus too can bestow beauty?