Mars & Celibacy

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor
Mars & Celibacy

Post by astrovedic » 16 Nov 2015

A request to experts to shed some light on this.Mars is considered the celibate planet in Astrology,and yet it is said to influence Infidelity and excessive carnal passions.What explains this duality in its karakatva ? Shani is known to cause no marriage/lonely Yogas like Punarphoo,Are there any specific Celibacy Yogas caused by Mars ? Thanks

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mars & Celibacy

Post by elipsis » 17 Nov 2015

I don't believe Mars is the main cause for celibacy, in fact it does quite the opposite. It's the Jupiter that causes celibacy where as Saturn delays marital bliss. Many believe that Jupiter is the karaka for husband but the truth is Jupiter is only the karaka for priest who is required for a traditional marriage.

However there are combinations that cause celibacy - like Mars-ketu-Saturn, Jupiter-Ketu-Saturn, Saturn-Moon-Ketu, Mars-Moon-Ketu. The influence of these planets will no doubt compel an individual to practice celibacy.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

drkrishna75

Post by drkrishna75 » 17 Nov 2015

i have Mars-Moon-Ketu in 9th house in vrishabh rashi and i am unmarried.

astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrovedic » 18 Nov 2015

[quote="drkrishna75"]i have Mars-Moon-Ketu in 9th house in vrishabh rashi and i am unmarried.[/quote]

Yes Sir,I too have Mars in the 9th house Scorpio conjunct with Saturn,with Saturn aspecting Moon in the 11th house.I'm also unmarried.

lordmihira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lordmihira » 18 Nov 2015

Dr krishna 75

can you please tell where is ur venus
all planets position including lagna

drkrishna75

Post by drkrishna75 » 18 Nov 2015

dear lordmihira, pranams. venus is in 12th house combusted with sun in leo. virgo lagna with mercury in placed in lagnam.jupiter in 8th house in aries.
august 30.1975

8.30 am morning

nagpur,maharashtra.

regards.
dr krishna 75

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aum » 18 Nov 2015

Celibacy needs definition first in this context:

1. Unmarried?
2. Abstinent?

Periods of Celibacy is common either way.

Marriage, then divorced then Celibacy is common too in today's context, so is Married yet Celibate.

Permanent Celibacy is only for saints. No?

Its more likely to be periods of Celibacy rather then a permanent one.

So the bigger question is Can we differentiate between Transitory or permanent Celibacy in the astrological context?

Aum

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

My take on Mars & Celibacy is:

Mars rules desire which is primordially carnal.

Affliction to Mars by Saturn & or Ketu may be one of the cause for Celibacy, & since it is done mostly for religious reasons Jupiter placement and aspects become important factor too.

Aum

astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor

[quote="Aum"]Celibacy needs definition first in this context:

1. Unmarried?
2. Abstinent?

Periods of Celibacy is common either way.

Marriage, then divorced then Celibacy is common too in today's context, so is Married yet Celibate.

Permanent Celibacy is only for saints. No?

Its more likely to be periods of Celibacy rather then a permanent one.

So the bigger question is Can we differentiate between Transitory or permanent Celibacy in the astrological context?

Aum[/quote]

You are Right,I know people who have had broken marriages (Long periods of celibacy),unmarried celibates (like Myself),And one striking feature That I observed is the placement of Mars in Scorpio in all these Charts (All are Men).That's the reason I started this post.

So is there a tendency of Mars being in its own Houses to cause celibacy in some form or the other,After all it is a celibate itself,Or Maybe other influencing factors exist in the chart.

More Analysis is required.

Aum
Contributor
Contributor

:shock:

Unmarried

Mars in Scorpio too..

astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor

[quote="Aum"]:shock:

Unmarried

Mars in Scorpio too..[/quote]

Interesting .So there does seem to be a correlation, More charts with this placement are needed to confirm the same.

drkrishna75

Post by drkrishna75 » 18 Nov 2015

i don't know about partial celibacy or temporary celibacy or periodic celibacy. till date i am a pure brahmachari.in english what we call as virgin. i am a brahmin bachelor and never married .

mitra
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by mitra » 30 Apr 2019

I have a chart with the following -

Mars (with other planets) in Scorpio
Saturn-Jupiter-Ketu in Capricorn

He is married.

Shivamtyagi2000

Post by Shivamtyagi2000 » 03 May 2019

I want to practice celibacy but i fail everytime. I am 19 years old.
My dob is 22-03-2000 and place is jodhpur, Rajasthan and time is 09 :26 am.
My mars saturn jupiter are conjunct in 12th house and venus in 10th.
What can i do to be a celibate?

joyd

Post by joyd » 03 May 2019

@My mars saturn jupiter are conjunct in 12th house and venus in 10th.
What can i do to be a celibate?.... / No celibacy with these above combinations given by you.

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 04 May 2019

@Drk-in your case jupiter and venus both are cause for long time celibacy..can you update your marital status ?

joyd.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 06 May 2019

Astrovedic,

I know of a person who showed in his horoscope, with placement of Mars in Scorpio.

He is married and is not celibate in any form.

joyd

Post by joyd » 06 May 2019

@dev/astrovedic-i like to clarify certain things in celibacy.Not getting married only not come under celibacy.one may be married but he/she may under conditional[partners may not cooperates],time bounded[diseases-foreign jobs etc],circumstantial celibacy is also treated as celibacy.If one of the partner is frigid , then also its a forceble celibacy.your friend may be married but we dont know the actual picture between them.For society and for us , your friend is married.Mars in scorpio surely affects the significations of mars and that is 100% fact.so we have to meditate on mars significations first,natural significations of 8th house scorpio secondly and after that we have to judge what/which kind of celibacy they are under.

joyd.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 06 May 2019

Joyd,
I know him well, he is related to me.
He has scorpio lagna with only mars there. He has a son and daughter. After this what if he is celebate or not. They are now in school both may be above 10.

He makes lot of money, has 4 houses but is extremely short tempered. He cannot withstand someone controlling him. Even if it is his boss, he wont mind throwing him out. He was in such a situation, I told him not to leave his job and to remain calm but that is not his nature.
He is same with his close relatives and so people are very careful and dont try to get closer to him.
But he and his wife seem to get along OK. Anyway he cannot act since mars makes one outspoken and not secretative.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 07 May 2019

In a woman's chart, Mars is actually the Karaka for Husband Just like Venus is Wifes Karaka for Man. I have repetitively found that many people consider Jupiter as Karaka for Marriage in Woman's Chart which is not right. Moreover, I have seen many astrologers equating Rahu with desire which is wrong. It's actually Mars which represents desire.