Am I physically ugly based on my chart?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
RafaelMG
Am I physically ugly based on my chart?

Post by RafaelMG » 30 Jun 2015

Hello everyone,

This may seem like an odd question to ask (and pardon me if I placed it in the wrong forum section as I was quite unsure where to post this) but I've been reading a lot lately on some astrological studies on what makes someone physically attractive. I now feel physically inadequate because I don't have the major Venus aspects many indicate.

I feel like compliments I have received are ones I don't deserve. Someone once called me a beauty, I was once asked to participate in a beauty pageant (but I feel the person asking was only desperate to enter someone), and I have been hit on. I'm not bragging by any means! I'm just stating some compliments I've gotten that I feel I am not worthy to receive nor do believe..

So does my chart indicate I am physically repulsive? And could anyone else explain any other factors (if it's possible) that make someone attractive?

Info: June 1, 1994 @ 11:30 AM, Toronto, Ontario.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Am I physically ugly based on my chart?

Post by elipsis » 01 Jul 2015

Attractiveness is very subjective but I can give you some combinations/aspects that I have noticed over the years.

Jupiter + Venus = gives large attractive face,teeth,lips and is stronger in Taurus
Venus + Saturn or venus+ketu = gives a mature face with lines and wrinkles when people hit 40
Venus + Moon = Attractive eyes, good eye sight. May suffer from color blindness after 60.
Venus + Mercury = great skin quality, no pimples, no skin disorders...stronger in Libra, Gemini and Virgo
Mercury + Sun = gives lighter skin tone, stronger in Taurus and Virgo, this also depends on the region, race and other genetic signatures.
Mercury + Mars - gives rashes, pimples...may give hemorrhoids - post 40 yrs
Jupiter + Venus in Libra - Obesity. Jupiter in Air signs will inflate your belly. This will double with any Saturn/rahu aspect
Jupiter + Saturn - medium build, normal face
Mercury + Saturn - very thin skin, prone to UVA radiation.

Regards
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 01 Jul 2015

elipsis wrote:Attractiveness is very subjective but I can give you some combinations/aspects that I have noticed over the years.
Jupiter + Venus in Libra - Obesity. Jupiter in Air signs will inflate your belly. This will double with any Saturn/rahu aspect.

Regards
My father has Jupiter + Venus along with sun in Libra but he is tall and thin personality.

Just wondering if these combinations should be in lagna or anywhere in the chart?

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 01 Jul 2015

There could be other factors which will have affected the combination. And no, even without the lagna the combinations will still hold true. Jupiter in air signs is not a good thing to have with regard to health, most of these people suffer from diabetes, obesity, intestinal disorders, acidity etc but it depends on the level of affliction and age.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 01 Jul 2015

:|
Last edited by tandav on 30 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 01 Jul 2015

I think Arudha Lagna is supposed to show how people view you.

Connections of the Moon, Venus, and Jupiter with the AL can give you attractive looks.
Last edited by hiimnotcool on 01 Jul 2015, edited 3 times in total.

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also Venus isn't everything is it?
Last edited by tandav on 06 Oct 2015, edited 1 time in total.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 01 Jul 2015

Yeah I thought it had a lot to do with AL too ...

Of course lagna/ lagna lord - but also 2nd house for face. I read a lot of astrologers in books use 2nd house / it's lord to explain some celebrities good looks, usually.
Not that it's right just because other astrologers do it, but it's worth looking in to.

And yeah, venus being strong / well placed doesn't guarantee good looks .
one of the ugliest guys I know (and everyone agrees. ha) has venus in libra in the 4th, conjunct lagna lord moon! (but 20 degree distance conjunction)

but RadaelMG,
seems you're question isn't if you're physically ugly or not..
but more "what in your chart gives you low confidence in your appearance" .

I say this because if you said people give you compliments fairly often, one person called you a beauty (unless it was your mother...then doesn't count. :mrgreen: ) and you were asked to be in a beauty pageant..
the answer then must be that no, you aren't physically repulsive.
But it's you feeling like you are that is the situation at hand here..

And I am also from/in toronto too! cool to have more of us on here.

Hiimnotcool, (EDIT: you had a post but edited it out I believe? or did I just imagine that you posted. lol)

you're AL could be in the 4th or 7th, depending on who you ask...
Asking Vaughn Paul manley, he'd say AL is in 7th (he doesn't use that exception rule).

confusing as you def. have a mars look / red hair going on there...
AL in 4 has mars in it... but AL in 7 has mars aspecting it!

darn those "different ways to calculate them" concepts. ha!

RafaelMG

Post by RafaelMG » 01 Jul 2015

Thanks for all of your input! :)

@GNE Nice! I don't see a lot of people from Toronto on here so that's awesome :) Yeah, I guess you're right.. it's just because I've been reading some stuff on some other forums on what aspects help make an individual attractive looking and I don't think I have any especially with Venus (the major planet everyone always brings up). So I feel because I don't have any of these aspects or any aspects that indicate a nice looking person, I don't qualify nor have the right to think/believe I am.

@tandav Heyy! Another fellow Torontonian :) Wow, I never knew that! I always assumed Venus is the only and primary factor that constitutes whether or not someone is physically attractive. But everything else you mentioned is true! Aha, I'm a female. But thanks for the advice and encouraging words :)

I guess just in general, my mind is kind of like... if it's not in my chart, then it indicates I'm hard on the eyes. For example, all the celebrities I find really pretty will either have Venus in the first house, Venus aspecting ascendant, or are people born with Venus-ruled signs (Taurus, Libra). So I guess I was just wondering if there was something in my chart too since I, like GNE mentioned, am not confident in my appearance. Because very rarely do I find an individual who's really pretty but doesn't have Venus connecting with the ascendant.

tanmish

Post by tanmish » 01 Jul 2015

Hi Tandav, IKR... what a question to ask!! In some parts of the world, skin color is paramount - make or break when it comes to marriage.

And marriage itself is more of a family power-broking, combining their financial assets (or debts!?) etc. never mind what the prospective bride and groom think about each other.

TM

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Last edited by tandav on 30 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 01 Jul 2015

GNE wrote: Hiimnotcool, (EDIT: you had a post but edited it out I believe? or did I just imagine that you posted. lol)

you're AL could be in the 4th or 7th, depending on who you ask...
Asking Vaughn Paul manley, he'd say AL is in 7th (he doesn't use that exception rule).

confusing as you def. have a mars look / red hair going on there...
AL in 4 has mars in it... but AL in 7 has mars aspecting it!

darn those "different ways to calculate them" concepts. ha!
lol, i edited it because the picture was too big so it was only showing as half of my face on my computer.

i think either way i'll have a mars look though, just because im an aries rising....if AL is in 4th house then Mars is there which just adds to it. every software i've used says AL is Cancer though so i'll just stick with that so i dont get confused lmao

speaking of the red hair, funny thing is its only in my beard. rest of my hair is dark brown with some blonde highlights throughout. if i was completely shaved nobody would ever think i was part ginger haha

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 01 Jul 2015

RafaelMG wrote:Hello everyone,

This may seem like an odd question to ask (and pardon me if I placed it in the wrong forum section as I was quite unsure where to post this) but I've been reading a lot lately on some astrological studies on what makes someone physically attractive. I now feel physically inadequate because I don't have the major Venus aspects many indicate.

I feel like compliments I have received are ones I don't deserve. Someone once called me a beauty, I was once asked to participate in a beauty pageant (but I feel the person asking was only desperate to enter someone), and I have been hit on. I'm not bragging by any means! I'm just stating some compliments I've gotten that I feel I am not worthy to receive nor do believe..

So does my chart indicate I am physically repulsive? And could anyone else explain any other factors (if it's possible) that make someone attractive?

Info: June 1, 1994 @ 11:30 AM, Toronto, Ontario.
Dear RafaelMG,

Your lagna changes in 1.5 minutes. Is the birth time accurate to the minute? i.e, is it 11:30 or rounded-off from 11:29 or earlier?
If Simha lagna, then Lagna, lagna lord,Moon and Atma karaka are under the influence of Saturn which undermines self-confidence in one's own attributes. But Navamsa lagna, and lagna lord dispositor are influenced by Venus having a high degree of interest in physical beauty or beauty products.

If Karka lagna, Moon (which is also Lagna lord and atma karaka) which is conjunct Saturn in 8th house in it's marana karaka stana. Hence, the low confidence in one's own body. In any case, having Mars looking at lagna would possibly make one slender (barring Jupiter influence), and Sun in 11th house (among friends/social network) regal and confident looking.

For both cases, 2nd house (face) is influenced by Venus (2nd lord dispositor or conjunct).

In any case, beauty is in the eyes of beholder. The only thing a chart can say is how one feels about one's own body and how others see the same body (i.e, attracted to it or not) by looking at lagna, and arudha lagna from each representative house or karaka.

There is no such as "physically repulsive" for any normal person. The only thing that could be termed repulsive to majority of humans is some of kind of physical deformity due to ill-health/sickness.
Physical health and skin seems to be fine/average in both lagnas from what I can tell. In fact, you are unlikely to get wrinkles and may look "timeless" as you age (Ve-Sat in 5/9 relationship - 2nd house influence of Venus - moolatrikona Sat influence on lagna). This will be especially true, if people think you look older than your real age now.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Violet

RafaelMG

Hi VioletTwilight,

Yes I'm quite certain it's 11:30 AM! Though if you want to make sure of the time, is there anything I can provide to help confirm my birth time for you?

But thank you for the kind words and reminding me of the Saturn influence in my chart.. it truly is hard for me to see my own worth and my own kind of "beauty" since I can come up with so many reasons to degrade myself.
I will say I'm not quite slender just yet (as I'm still losing weight I gathered during high school) and I'm not fat nor super skinny, but definitely as a kid I was slender especially since I was active.

I'm glad to hear the unlikelihood of getting wrinkles and looking timeless :) I actually hear the opposite, a lot of people think I'm younger than I look. It's a blessing and a curse, really.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 01 Jul 2015

RafealMG,
Don't worry when you read things on other sites/or this forum about how certain placements do this or that for sure....
Whenever I hear something like that (like how on a facebook astrology group someone wrote how without any 9-10 lord mutual aspect or conjunction the person has 0% chance of success or fame) I go look up as many AA rated(confirmed birthtime) celebrity charts and find usually several that break those rules. (like the 9-10 conjunct/aspect example....I had like 25 charts of huge stars/famous folk with no 9-10 connection)...steven speilberg is a huge example.
but this thread is about appearance, however, the same tactic would apply for that.
I'd recommend checking out charts of people you find attractive (or rather those who the world see's as "most beautiful" even) and see if they have those aspects you read about. ....some will, but I guarantee others won't. There's always exceptions to every rule. :)

And many "world's best looking people" actually aren't too confident in their appearance.
I knew a guy who was a model/actor, and 2 other actresses who competed in beauty pageants and all 3 of those people had no confidence. They thought they were ugly, and would rarely go out in public even because they felt inadequate. ...
Yet some of the "ugliest" people I know go around talking as if they are the next Brad Pitt. hah

Marilyn Monroe didn't have venus aspecting ascendant or ascendant lord...
Johnny Depp doesn't have venus aspecting ascendant or ascendant lord either..
anyway there's more...and of course there's many that did have those aspects....but just tell yourself you're Johnny Depp then, if it will help confidence. :) hah

hiimnotcool,
haha, I did see it half cut off - and thought it was an artistic decision.

I guess only you're beard steals other people's souls then. :D
And yeah, with aries ascendant anyway, plus remember mars now also aspects 10th from itself too, so it's aspecting your ascendant making it even stronger. (Khoo's post on planets having 92 aspects now.) / kidding.

I also just stick to AL with the default jhora setting.... especially since my AL with the "allow it to land in house 1-7" sucks in comparison. ha

Oh and RefaelMG,
VioletTwilight brings up a great point regarding your lagna. I noticed that too but decided not to reply based on your chart, instead just give that overall "advice" I wrote.

Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder , indeed.

EDIT >> I sent my message a second after you sent yours, so I didn't see you reply about your birth time.

which is why I think not to worry about your attractiveness rating, and instead focus on shutting up the voice in your head that tells you "I think I'm ugly, even though other people said I'm great looking".

RafaelMG

Thanks @GNE again :) I do feel that at the end of the day, I just need to build up my confidence... somehow. Everything you have said I will keep in mind and has given me a new perspective. So thank you!

Also, I don't know if it's appropriate to ask here but since now I am a bit wary of my birth time I'm wondering if it's possible someone could be kind enough to help me confirm if my birth time is either before, after, or is 11:30 AM?

Thank you to everyone for cheering me up and giving me some good advice! ^^

tanmish

Post by tanmish » 01 Jul 2015

Wanna know the classic (read: Hollywood) definition of beauty?

a. Oval face, not round or plumpish. Vertical to Horizontal ratio of about 1.3-1.4 .
b. Perfect symmetry between the eyes, and vertically across the nose.
c. High cheekbones. Thin eyebrows. Full pouty lips. Straight aligned teeth.
d. Sharp lines all throughout. No skin blemishes anywhere.

Marilyn Monroe and Angeline Jolie fit the 'mold' very well. Julia Roberts?? Now She's some beauty eh! NONE of the above apply to her! Her smile too is also crooked, slanting over to one side. And in her earlier films, she even looked so thin and emaciated, all skin n bones.

Yet she is one of the most successful and highly paid actors of all time. So guess what. Beauty IS knee deep and exists mostly beyond the peripheral vision of the observer, once when he's taken off his Oakleys

Speaking of low-confidence, Howard Hughes had this strange affliction - he thought that someone was always staring at him, or watching him! He went to great lengths even in the 1930s, 40s when there were no paparazzi, to stay away from any media people trying to take his pictures.

And oh, I just remembered. Once while boarding a flight in Rochester, NY I saw this drop-dead gorgeous couple at the check-in counter... she was a Greek goddess if there ever was one and her "better half" was a total STUD. suave 6-ft tall hunk, all beaming and radiant. Boy, was I jealous that day with a really sharp tinge of envy!! :shock:

They were really other-worldly from Venus and Mars, straight out of a movie set. Some people are just made special, believe me........ :roll:

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 02 Jul 2015

Hey GNE, do I still look Arian? The red headphone cords are in homage to Mars, of course! I've heard it said if you wear the headphones in the color of your lucky stone it increases the aspects and nullifies ills in a horoscope. 8)

Notice the "V' shape of the lips. Astrologically this is because of Venus in the Arudha Lagna. The scars, barely visible, are due to Mars ruling Lagna and being in Arudha Lagna as well. The dreamy, inquisitive and penetrating eyes are due to Mercury being in AL and Moon aspecting AL itself. This is why I am so attractive. There are many aspects in the Navamsa, d-9, d-60, d-10, d-832, d-1,046 as well explaining the reasons.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 03 Jul 2015

Hah, great self anaylsis hiimnotcool.
I'd say you look arien enough, reddish hue to the skin - or maybe that's a slight tan. My first thought actually was that you looked like an Aquarius moon person. For some reason when I see people I see moon's first. You look like you could be the brother of a friend of mine who has aquarius moon + aq ascendant.
Though you're ginger beard does add badass points and rids the chart of all evils.

In a random classic I have here, the definition of beauty is:

a - light eyes with reddish facial hair
b - blue shirt to contrast the reddish hue's in the skin and hair
c - 25% of a cigarette showing up in the hand in photographs
d - 2 horizontal lines in the sideburn represent an emperor

:mrgreen:
But I can't agree, nor disagree with that..... we'd need to have some female members vote on the situation.

the V shape in the lips being because of venus, hah, very good call .

I bet you're D5000 - if we take fifth house as lagna - has venus in libra in the ascendant.

Edit: here's a a recent pic of myself: http://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/002/4 ... pg&fit=max

RafaelMG

Post by RafaelMG » 03 Jul 2015

Thanks again for all the input everyone! ^^

I also just wanted to ask where my AL is? And what any of my placements say about me and my appearance? I'm just quite curious!

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 03 Jul 2015

RafaelMG,
if Leo rising, Arudha Lagna is in the 4th house (or some astrologers style of calculating it puts it in the 7th house).
if Cancer rising, it's in the 3rd house in Virgo.

I'm not entirely sure how to judge appearance from it, besides looking at the planets in and aspecting AL. You can probably judge for yourself in that regard. Example Like if Sun is in or aspects, add some leo-like features to your appearance, ... mars = reddish things, warrior or "tough" look when at rest(not smiling), etc...
I'm a bit rushed now and never meant to come online but it's a habit and I started replying but have to go at the moment.
Hopefully another member can explain more if you need , sorry :)

Arudha lagna is calculated by counting how many houses lagna lord has moved from lagna (basically just see which house Lagna lord is in), then count that many houses from Lagna lord...
so if in 10th house, count 10 houses from the 10th... that's Arudha lagna.

BUT there's a rule in the classic texts saying Arudha lagna cannot fall in the 1st or 7th house.
if after calculating it, it falls in one of those houses, then it must be moved as follows:
if lagna lord is in 10th, AL is in 4th
if lagna lord is in 7th AL is in 10th
if lagna lord is in 4th, AL stays in the 4th house
if lagna lord is in 1st, AL is in 10th.

AL can never fall in 2nd or 12th house either - no reason why other than it's impossible for the house count from lagna lord to end up in one of those houses.

Oh also for your AL, check aspects/conjunction (conjunction mostly) of you're AL lord to perhaps give some hints of your appearance.

The confusing part is though....to use parashara or jaimini aspect for all this...
I've seen some who stick to jaimini aspect on it, ...other obviously not.
some use both...but both always seems like too much to me. But test and see for yourself.

RafaelMG

Post by RafaelMG » 03 Jul 2015

@GNE thank you! :) I'm still very much a rookie/newbie with all this but hopefully one day I can figure it out. Hopefully another member can explain ^^ but I still appreciate your explanation and help!

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 03 Jul 2015

RafaelMG wrote:Thanks again for all the input everyone! ^^

I also just wanted to ask where my AL is? And what any of my placements say about me and my appearance? I'm just quite curious!
Dear RafaelMG,

Appearance is influenced by the strongest planetary influence on the lagna, lagna lord, arudha lagna, and navamsa lagna.
Until we confirm the lagna and navamsa lagna, it is hard to say.

Assuming simha lagna with mesha navamsa lagna, in rasi chart, no graha is influencing lagna degree directly, lagna lord Sun is in digbala and almost direct dristi of Saturn. In terms of physical appearance only, the person has a 'coppery'/dark colouring, may have long limbs, average-to-tall in height and average stockiness (due to conflicting influence of Sun - Hairy-stocky vs. Saturn - tall and bony). Usually strong Sun = very thick coarse hair but which is lost at an early age, strong Saturn = few hair on the body, strong teeth. Reverse is also true, weak Saturn = hairy person, need dental work.

However, jala influence of Venus + Moon in navamsa lagna could give brilliant eyes, soft face (not angular), usually round, darker colouring but with a "shine", natural singing voice especially for singing energetic songs in highly emotional way (being in Aries).

A hidden aspect on lagna is that Rahu-Ketu are also in rasi sandhi (just like lagna). They add a veneer of "exotic" and 'other-worldly" to all of the above. This is not an obvious thing, but people may slightly misjudge your ethnicity because of this.

If karka lagna (navamsa lagna unknown), possibly slender waist, shorter than average height, reddish colouring (mars influence), top heavy(Jupiter in 4th house), beautiful feet (Venus + me in 12th).

Please note that appearance is influenced by several things and most of the descriptions regarding colouring, height etc should be taken relative to the background culture of one's family. I could be completely wrong in balancing which graha influence is strong on the appearance. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Violet

RafaelMG

Post by RafaelMG » 04 Jul 2015

@VioletTwilight

Thank you! hmm, I'd have to say that the latter description you wrote sounds more like my appearance. I'm shorter than average height, I have a slender waist, I'm tan (like the celebrity Nicole Scherzinger), and top heavy. But it's funny, because in your other description, when you talked about exotic or other-worldy which leads to people slightly misjudging my ethnicity, that's true for me too! Despite most people getting my ethnicity right, there are still those who think I'm mixed or of another ethnicity.You also mentioned something about brilliant eyes before, and a lot of people say I have nice dark eyes that sort of sparkle :)

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 04 Jul 2015

RafaelMG wrote:@VioletTwilight

Thank you! hmm, I'd have to say that the latter description you wrote sounds more like my appearance. I'm shorter than average height, I have a slender waist, I'm tan (like the celebrity Nicole Scherzinger), and top heavy. But it's funny, because in your other description, when you talked about exotic or other-worldy which leads to people slightly misjudging my ethnicity, that's true for me too! Despite most people getting my ethnicity right, there are still those who think I'm mixed or of another ethnicity.You also mentioned something about brilliant eyes before, and a lot of people say I have nice dark eyes that sort of sparkle :)
Thanks very much for the feed back. This points to your lagna being Karka and birth time before 11:29AM or earlier.The following bit is applicable for both lagnas since it is based on closest degree grahas to ascendant degree.

"A hidden aspect on lagna is that Rahu-Ketu are also in rasi sandhi (just like lagna). They add a veneer of "exotic" and 'other-worldly" to all of the above. This is not an obvious thing, but people may slightly misjudge your ethnicity because of this. "