Grahas in Nakshatras

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Grahas in Nakshatras

Post by Dev » 15 Jul 2011

Hi Khoo:

Yes, I totally agree with you. It is only our past karma which decides whether we have a raja yoga, double powered or a mere raja yoga or no raja yoga. As Gita says, we are only entitled to the karmas and the fruits are given by the Lord and we cannot choose them.
See, after all sometimes we forget reality. If one has too much luck on one account, on another account he would be unlucky. So it is better to have a balance in everythin which again depends on his past karma.
I have seen billionare who changes his dress every day(new one) suffering from diabetis and BP, unable to eat even rice regularly. So a balanced one is what every human should aspire for.
You did not tell me if you are writing a book.
Dev

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 16 Jul 2011

Hi Dev

So it ultimately still boils down to the past karma that you have. If the billionaire you mention really have the correct proportion of good karma (there are many kinds of good karma and may kinds of bad karma as well), it would not just reflect on his wealth alone. He would also lead a life of proportion and balance. And no harm would come to him.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 16 Jul 2011

Hi Khoo:

I agree, everything boils down to past karma. If there is a balance in everything and we have balanced life, then our past karmas are good, if we have good on some front and bad on some others, we have both good and bad karmas in those areas carried over from the past. If we have only bad karmas carried over, we suffer on all fronts.
That is true, everything is karma based.
So either one who suffers in some aspect should either take the sufferings as his own karmic effect and keep quiet or he should do some parihara so that he gets some solace. Arguing with God will not help.

Dev

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 16 Jul 2011

Hi Dev

Actually the point about arguing with God is moot. God stands for Dharma and what is right. Even what is wrong that is suffered by a person in this present lifetime if not rectified, it would be rectified in the next lifetime. That is how the concept of Dasha comes in. Sometimes the current dasha that a person experiences in this lifetime causes some bad karma from the past to engender more bad current karma. That is the concept of the 6th Bhava as I explained to Shilpa.

Any current bad karma not rectified according to Dharmic laws plus any leftover bad karma from previous births likewise, because of the current lifetime dasha the person is experiencing, will get rectified in the next future births down the road until everything is resolved and the person attains moksha.

But of course we are mortals and we tend to grouse - it is not so much arguing with God but grousing and that is part of ALL human nature. In the meantime we try whatever means to rectify a larger proportion of any wrongs we perceive in this current lifetime, and if that is in accordance to the Dharmic path it will be resolved. How much it will be resolved in this current life through our self-effort will never be known to us not even with the most expert astrologers around analysing the chart for past and current karma or the dasas because we are not God.

But as mortals and we are tied to this Kali Yuga world we would always try (that is why the Uppachaya Houses are considered strong by our self-effort) and if we follow the Dharmic path (eg. Uppachaya lords link with trinal lords to give an example) then the chances of resolving most of them or even all of them in this current lifetime, will be greater.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 16 Jul 2011

Hi Khoo:

That was a wonderful explanation. You are in a high spiritual level, I can understand that.
Yes grousing is part of human nature and one can only get better with time and with better understanding of the concepts like karma, dharma etc

Yes, it is impossible to predict how much of past bad karma effects will be resolved in this current life through our self-effort will never be known to us.

I agree that if we follow Dharmic path then the chances of resolving most of them or even all of them, will be greater.

I like the way you have related astrology, upachaya houses connected to trikona with spirituality. It is a very useful post of yours for everyone to see.

Dev

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 18 Jul 2011

Dear khoo,

Excellent topic and your posts are really enlightening. Congrats. :D

swamykool
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

financell

Post by financell » 30 Jan 2012

Dear Khoo

My Rahu is in Rohini-1 in the 9th house with Venus in 4th in Moola and Moon in Ashwini. What does it indicate in Rahu dasa (yet to come)?

financell

financell

Post by financell » 31 Jan 2012

Dear Khoo

Most astrologers prescribe remedies for problems in life.

We are all here on this earth to redeem past karmas. So much so that all our Karmas are directly or indirectly interlinked. In the process of undergoing past karmas, our actions or inaction also affects others in this world, who again are dictated by past karmas. So I would conclude that a huge network of karmas operate in this life pervading many individuals at any point of time. Now that being the case, who are we, or who are the astrologers to undo such karmas, whether to a small or large extent, in order to give relief to the sufferings? Dont you think that if remedial measures are really productive, wont it have a cascading impact on the karmas of several people intertwined with each other? In that case, do we, humans, really have the power to change the network of karmas in this cosmos?

I am sure the answer is an emphatic NO. Lets reconcile to the fact that there can be no remedies to problems in life. We just need to undergo them as a process in life.

Your valuable thoughts on this?

ap210585
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ap210585 » 21 Feb 2012

Hi Khoo,

Can you suggest the significance for my positions too ? They are as follows. This topic is very intriguing.

Su - Krit
Mo - Rohi
Ma - Mrig
Me,Ra - Bhar
Ve - Reva
Ju - Srav
Ke, (Sa) - Visa

Vedic Astro Boy

Post by Vedic Astro Boy » 29 Jul 2014

Hello

Just to go back to the 1st question addressed in the beginning of the topic:

[quote="Shobha"]Hello

Could somebody advise where to find info on Grahas placement in Nakshatras (i mean all of them, not only Chandra)?

i would appreciate any link to this... many thanks :)

Shobha[/quote]

As far as I know you can find this information on the Ravan Samhita.
You can find the english translation of some Nakshatras in Saptarishis Astrology website and there is also a book called : "Nakshatra (constallation) based preditions" by K.T.Shubhakaran - ed. Sagar Publication. This books is manly based on the Ravan Samhita and has all this information.

Hope this helps. Best Regards.

PV1993
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PV1993 » 06 Nov 2014

Khoo sir can you please interpret this :-

Ascendant & Venus in Magha Nakshatra pada 2 in 1st house in Leo aspected by Saturn in Dhanistha Nakshatra pada 3 in 7th house in Aquarius.

feerth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by feerth » 12 Nov 2014

Hi guys,

Cancer Lagna.
I would like to know about Saturn the 7th lord in Uttarshada Nakshatra ?
And sun is in 9th in Pisces.

rohit12345
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rohit12345 » 03 Feb 2019

What about venus in Jyestha nakshatra in 2nd house?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Feb 2019

Venus in jyesta nakshatra in 2nd house can be good for speech and music provided venus and mercury are functional benefics too for the particular horoscope and also their placement from lagna and aspects on them would also play important role.