Cancellation of Exaltation or Uccha Bhanga Yoga

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 27 Aug 2013

The only reference I find of this is in Dr. BV Raman’s Book where he states two exalted planets in full Drishti of each other cancels the good results from both.

I haven’t been able to locate any classical references to this type of cancellation.

In-spite of a number of other conditions specified that limit the fructification of the exalted planet such as placement in Gandata , debilitation in Navamsa etc. etc......I never found anything alluding to "cancellation due to full drishti of exalted planets on each other."

Dr. Raman’s theory on cancellation of exaltation would technically apply to:

1. Those having an Exalted Jupiter and exalted Mars in the Rasi chart
2. Those having an exalted Saturn and exalted Sun in the Rasi chart
3. Me and Ve exaltation theoritically.......practically it seems impossible I believe as they run close to each other and cannot be 7 houses apart. On the contrary finding one exalted and the other debilitated is a much more common yoga.
4. The exaltation of nodes in itself is debatable, so that is out of the equation for now.

I have found a lot of cases under for condition-1 ….where the chart gives extremely moderate to poor results, especially for the exalted planets / houses.

I have found some under conditions -2 where the chart gives extremely moderate to poor results especially for the exalted planets / houses.
To be honest has been rather rarer condition to find....i.e both sun and saturn in exaltation.

Any case study charts where conditions-1 or 2 are satisfied for review on the forum would be appreciated.
Any other comments / opinions are welcome

Regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Re: Cancellation of Exaltation or Uccha Bhanga Yoga

Post by Ghrishneswar » 27 Aug 2013

I have heard this but not with any reference. I have chart of child...22 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm, providence, RI USA.
Since this Saturn Sun drishti was happening In 2 8 axis along which is also nodal axis, I was concerned.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 27 Aug 2013

May 6, 1983
23:00 (~11pm)
Mumbai, India
Female

May not be a great example as:
Exalted Sun conjunct with Mars aspects retrograde exalted Saturn.

Native is extremely well-educated/PhD
Lost father at a very young age (Sun debilitates in D-9 but gets neech bhanga with swashetra Venus)
Raised by single mom and had a very tough initial life.
Love marriage (inter-caste: Venus conjunct with Rahu)
Lot of accolades but slow progress in career

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 27 Aug 2013

Shilpa ji,

I too haven't found a written reference although there is an oral reference which talks about two exalted planets in mutual aspect giving trouble to the native. Possibly originating from Lord Sri Ram's chart as he faced trouble most of his life.

Since this can only apply to Jup-Mars & Sun-Sat, it is possible that they throw a negative aspect to each other as they are looking towards their debilitation sign. This is in tune with Bhrigu Samhita (could be another too, I can't remember).

If we don't consider the above it is possible it has to do with Nakshatras. Saturn gets deep exaltation in Swati and Sun in Ashwini. Rahu-Ketu poles apart. Jupiter gets it in Pushya and Mars gets it in Dhanishta. Mars-Saturn poles apart.

It could also be that in Sun - Saturn mutual aspect we have one fast moving and one slow moving planet causing a tug of war. Similarly for Jupiter - Mars. This can happen without exaltation too but results perhaps become more imbalanced with exaltation (tug of war widening as both planets have different temperaments and are at the peak of their dignity/intention)

It could also be that during such an aspect one of them will always be invisible in general and in case of Sun - Saturn, if its day Sun is strong, if night Saturn is strong (causing an imbalanced fructification of the mutual aspect). Similarly, Jupiter is strong in the day and Mars at night. This too can happen without exaltation but results perhaps become more imbalanced with exaltation (dignity/intention).

It could be mentioned in some classical text Sri BV Raman had access to. This post is just an attempt to systematically delineate the cause and subsequent results. More research is needed.

Rathore

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 27 Aug 2013

This may sound very odd but I've found exalted Saturn and sun aspect to be very effective towards rise in career, but such natives can turn out to be very self centered.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

SWARNIM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SWARNIM » 27 Aug 2013

Last edited by SWARNIM on 28 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Dear All,

see the folowing two cases

(1)

april 27, 1984
1:30 am Indian time

76E08
28N47

was a native whose chart was sent to me to look at as possible reasons for an underachiver.

(2)

Look at the thread in the money section of anotehr such case and provide feedback.

http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 03#p173903

I will try to locate a few more that I had seen on the forum.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ghrishneswar wrote:I have heard this but not with any reference. I have chart of child...22 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm, providence, RI USA.
Since this Saturn Sun drishti was happening In 2 8 axis along which is also nodal axis, I was concerned.
Dear Grishnewswar,
this would be a good chart if the cancellation of exltation theory does not apply.
Since he is so young it's hard for us to judge based on life events.

On a side note the kid may have sleep troubles and bad dreams during the childhood........because of Moon in the 12th house afflicted by Gulika.
Especially when shani transits to Scorpio in about 14 months....and will be aspecting natal Moon and..... further during the Moon MD that will be next starting aged 4.

appeasement of Lord shiva in various ways will help if such symptoms are seen by the parents.

regards

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 28 Aug 2013

shilpa wrote:Dear All,

see the folowing two cases

(1)

april 27, 1984
1:30 am Indian time

76E08
28N47

was a native whose chart was sent to me to look at as possible reasons for an underachiver.

regards
The native is still young and the chart shows delay in karma. So you shouldn't come to a conclusion on him yet. Do let me know if reaches above your expectations in the near future.

As for the second chart - it shows karma bhanga, Saturn-Rahu without other benefic aspect can wreak havoc.

Regards
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 28 Aug 2013

explorings wrote:May 6, 1983
23:00 (~11pm)
Mumbai, India
Female

May not be a great example as:
Exalted Sun conjunct with Mars aspects retrograde exalted Saturn.

Native is extremely well-educated/PhD
Lost father at a very young age (Sun debilitates in D-9 but gets neech bhanga with swashetra Venus)
Raised by single mom and had a very tough initial life.
Love marriage (inter-caste: Venus conjunct with Rahu)
Lot of accolades but slow progress in career

any association between sun-saturn regardless ofwhetehr they are exlated or no.....give executive rise...sense of and often times positon of responsibiltiy, karm-yogi disposition......it makes the personality too serious / dry...but is a more good association then bad.

her shani MD will be starting soon.....and will tell a lot about how good shani is for her chart

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

rathore wrote:Shilpa ji,

I too haven't found a written reference although there is an oral reference which talks about two exalted planets in mutual aspect giving trouble to the native. Possibly originating from Lord Sri Ram's chart as he faced trouble most of his life.

Since this can only apply to Jup-Mars & Sun-Sat, it is possible that they throw a negative aspect to each other as they are looking towards their debilitation sign. This is in tune with Bhrigu Samhita (could be another too, I can't remember).

If we don't consider the above it is possible it has to do with Nakshatras. Saturn gets deep exaltation in Swati and Sun in Ashwini. Rahu-Ketu poles apart. Jupiter gets it in Pushya and Mars gets it in Dhanishta. Mars-Saturn poles apart.

It could also be that in Sun - Saturn mutual aspect we have one fast moving and one slow moving planet causing a tug of war. Similarly for Jupiter - Mars. This can happen without exaltation too but results perhaps become more imbalanced with exaltation (tug of war widening as both planets have different temperaments and are at the peak of their dignity/intention)

It could also be that during such an aspect one of them will always be invisible in general and in case of Sun - Saturn, if its day Sun is strong, if night Saturn is strong (causing an imbalanced fructification of the mutual aspect). Similarly, Jupiter is strong in the day and Mars at night. This too can happen without exaltation but results perhaps become more imbalanced with exaltation (dignity/intention).

It could be mentioned in some classical text Sri BV Raman had access to. This post is just an attempt to systematically delineate the cause and subsequent results. More research is needed.

Rathore
Dear Rathore,
yes many of these are possibilities.

First if it does gets comfirmed that exaltation is entirely or largely nullified because of such a yoga...then the excat cause(s) can be verified.
to me it seems like two strong warriors cancelling each other's energies head-on.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Dear Amitns,

Thanks for sharing this chart .

as you have seen a number of members have already commented on the negatives...debiliated Me.....Rahu conjunct Moon and Gulika addign fuel to fire in that house spoiling the 9th bhagyastahn for the chart.

yet in the chart and yet 1-7 axis being with sun and saturn both being exalted ruling 5, 10, 11 and aspecting 4 more houses should have a given a lot more support and postivity...unless the Uccha Bhanga theory has kicked in and rendered the apparent power of sun-sat negligible.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... f=4&t=1830

another discussion on this topic in find in our forum from 2008

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 06 Sep 2013

Dear Shilpa,

There was another thread on discussion between 1-7 Sun-Saturn, which got me to go looking for Sun-Saturn exaltations.
http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =1&t=22498

Couple of things to note are, while there are many famous persons born in 54, Apr-May has curiously lesser number of people than other months.

In any case, the people I found so far with Sun-Saturn exaltation are
1. Jiddu Krishnamurti
2. Jerry Seinfeld
3. Mallika Sarabhai

For the other case, in Kalachakra, Jupiter rules the South and forms the "obstruction" to Mars ruling the Dikchakra South. I think that may form one of the basis for Jupiter-Mars being in equal strength causing trouble for the native. But then, it wouldn't hold for Sun-Saturn.

Best regards,
Violet

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 13 Sep 2013

VioletTwilight wrote:Dear Shilpa,

There was another thread on discussion between 1-7 Sun-Saturn, which got me to go looking for Sun-Saturn exaltations.
http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =1&t=22498

Couple of things to note are, while there are many famous persons born in 54, Apr-May has curiously lesser number of people than other months.

In any case, the people I found so far with Sun-Saturn exaltation are
1. Jiddu Krishnamurti
2. Jerry Seinfeld
3. Mallika Sarabhai

For the other case, in Kalachakra, Jupiter rules the South and forms the "obstruction" to Mars ruling the Dikchakra South. I think that may form one of the basis for Jupiter-Mars being in equal strength causing trouble for the native. But then, it wouldn't hold for Sun-Saturn.

Best regards,
Violet
dear Violte thanks.

These are obvious celebrities

do you have the complete date, time and place of birth...to be able to see if they celebrity status was contributed to because of the sun-saturn exltation or inspite of it

regards

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 15 Sep 2013

The chart of Lord Ram, you can see Jup, mars, sun and Saturn exalted and placed in Kendra. Do you think it will helpful to study this concept?
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 16 Sep 2013

Dear Shilpa,

I have Jiddu Krishnamurti's birth data from Barbara Pijan Lama (May 12, 1985, 4:30 AM, Madanapalle, India) . I don't know how reliable it is.
I'll look in to finding a non-celebrity with this combination.

Best regards,
Violet

rathodp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rathodp » 16 Sep 2013

The birth year is incorrect it is 1895

I have Jiddu Krishnamurti's birth data from Barbara Pijan Lama (May 12, 1985, 4:30 AM, Madanapalle, India) . I don't know how reliable it is.

Best regards,
Violet

Maharani
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maharani » 17 Sep 2013

Hi,

I have a configuration in my chart that I have seen referred to in this way. My DOB February 17, 1955, 5pm, Mumbai India. Cancer lagna, Mars in Aries in 10, Saturn in Libra in 4 aspecting each other. Any interpretations? I think overall, Mars is stronger than saturn. I have seen this referred to as mutual cancellation of exaltation but my jyotishi disagrees because the degrees are not exact.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 17 Sep 2013

rathodp wrote:The birth year is incorrect it is 1895

Best regards,
Violet
thanks for the correct DOB

-this is a achart driven by navamsa as often times we see the case with creative celebrities.

--Moon whihc is often times considered the primaryx lagna in navamsa is exlated in navamsa...and is the karak for creativity in the chart of creativity

--Ra-Mo in the 12th brings the foreign connection.....success , fame throuhg recognition in foregin land

--9th of navamsa signifying creative talents and gifts is in own house

--strong navamsa drives the chart.......neverthless the sun-saturn in exaltation opposite each otehrs does not seem to have diluted the native's glittering career and life.

regards

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 18 Sep 2013

@violet Twilight; Another TOB for Sri J.K ji is 00-30 Hrs ie midnight of 11th may.This suits with his
demise date dasa/bhukthi etc.Though Sun in mesha exalt sign,it has crossed exaltation & is at
28.27 &sani in exalt sign at 10.20 .There is only hindu asp.but in real sense no aspects at all between
them.The reason for his supernatural efficacy seems to be due to perfect asp. between uranus in
Thula & L8 Sun in Mesha in 4th house.Moksha trikona 4/8/12 are L8 sun/ketu/Moon who in mut.asp.
with L12 guru/sukra/kuja.Also L6Budha in 4th bhava in krittika with highly spiritual planet neptune
an octave of Budha.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 18 Sep 2013

shilpaji,
you have mentioned that celebrities have navamsa driven chart. what does a strong navamsa mean. how can you say if navamsa is strong.
Regards

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 18 Sep 2013

Shilpa ji,

My cousin brother has Leo ascendant with Mars exalted in 6th house and Jupiter exalted in 12th house. He is running his Jupiter major period now since long. It has been quite good for him, though not huge success.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda