Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
smilingakash
Re: Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

Post by smilingakash » 25 Apr 2011

Rahu and Ketu have amazed all the leading astrologers till date.. Most astrologers are in favor with Rahu exalted in Taurus and Debilitated in Scorpio.

http://www.vicdicara.com/articles/rahu-ketu-exalted.php

Well its another interesting perspective on Rahu-Ketu which i found..

Also i have Rahu in 12th house in Pisces (Aries Ascendant) and surprisingly Rahu AD periods have been astonishingly good for me... I have Ketu in 6th house in Virgo and yet Rahu performed much better than Ketu in my experience.. I always believe Rahu Ketu have more to be researched on than only some famous personalities...

PS- the more we are open to research the more we can learn together about the mysterious influence of these shadowy planets..

My Birth Details

14th Nov 1986
16:40:00
Delhi

smilingakash

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 14 Jun 2012

Rahu-Ketu's behaviour are not very well known and hence, there are multiple views about their sigs of exaltation, Mooltrikona etc.

There are actually two viewpoints of Indian astrology, the North Indian version believes that Rahu is exalted in Gemini, has Mooltrikon in Virgo and its own sign in Aquarius, with Taurus being its friendly sign.

Similarly, Ketu is exalted in Sagittarius, has Mooltrikon in Pisces and has own sign in Scorpio.

The South Indian version believes that Rahu is exalted in Taurus, has Mooltrikon in Virgo/Aquarius and own sign in Aquarius/Virgo, with Gemini being a friendly sign for Rahu.

Ketu then has exaltation in Scorpio and there are multiple views about Mooltrikon and own sign, between Sagittarius and Pisces.

When it comes to seeing the actual effect of Rahu-Ketu in a person's life in phalit Jyotish or predictive astrology, there is not much difference between the kind of effects Rahu gives in Taurus, Aquarius, Virgo or in Gemini and similarly, the kind of effects Ketu gives in Sagittarius, Pisces or in Scorpio.

Hence, in Phalit Jyotish, this argument is futile about whether Rahu is exalted in Taurus, Gemini or in Virgo.

One can follow the North Indian perspective or the South Indian perspective according to one's inclinations.

In this context, I read a very interesting thread on another site, where someone gave a very interesting way of calculating exaltation, Mooltrikona and own signs of any planet, including of Rahu-Ketu -

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/vedi ... -ketu.html

Here is another post that explains Rahu's exaltation in Gemini and Ketu's exaltation in Sagittarius -

http://altairastrology.wordpress.com/20 ... xaltation/
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by USR » 10 Aug 2012

Rahu-Ketu axis falling in Ju-Me/Me-Ju houses give benefic results during their MD-ADs.Rahu is always exalted in Taurus as he has effinity for exalted Moon in *Sun.The results are good or bad depends on the house in native's chart.
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.

Hari76

Post by Hari76 » 09 May 2013

If in Navamsa Rahu is posited in a house owned by a Malefic like Saturn - can that indicate Rahu prone to give negative results in his dasa/antardasa?

K.R.Mani
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by K.R.Mani » 09 May 2013

Dear members,

There is no talk of asterism while discussing Rahu/Ketu effects.

Late B.V.Raman in his book (How to judge a horoscope--Vol II) mentions as follows:

"The significance of constellational lords is highlighted by Satyacharya and hence its importance cannot be under-rated. The lordships of planets assigned to constellations are on the basis of the Vimshottari Dasa Iords. (Krittika, Uttara and Uttarashadha—the Sun; Rohini. Hasta and Sravana—the Moon; Mrigasira, Chitta and Dhanishta - Mars; Aridra, Swati and Satabhisha —Rahu; Punarvasu, Visakha and Poorvabhadra—Jupiter; Pushyami, Anuradha and Uttarabhadra—Saturn; Aslesha, Jyeshta and Revati— Mercury; Makha, Moola and Aswini—Ketu; and Pubba, Poorvashadha and Bharani—Venus)".

Experts may throw some light on this dimension. How important it is?
Which is more powerful --- effect of dispositer or effect of ruler of Rahu/Ketu star?

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 09 May 2013

According to My experience, i have Rahu in Taurus (5th house), in the nakshatra of Kritika ( Sun's Nakshatra).
Sun aspects Rahu. Rahu Dasha was awful Dasha .

My opinion is Rahu must not be aspected by its enemies . The main being Sun, Moon , Mars.

When Rahu in the house of mars being aspected by Mars controls its behavior as there is a saying in Vedic Astrology that " In the absence of Mars, Rahu behaves like an Unruly Elephant" .

In my fathers Birth Chart , Rahu is in 10th house of Mars and Mars aspects Rahu. His Rahu MD was peaceful .

The rule is that Rahu must be in Mars House and Mars must aspect it. In other cases , Rahu in Venus House and Mars aspecting Rahu will not affect Rahu . So rahu behaves in an erratic manner. Here Mars cannot control Rahu . Mars can control Rahu only When Rahu is in the house of mars and Mars must aspect Rahu.

The final Conclusion is that Rahu must not be aspected by enemies and also it should not be with enemies in the house.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 12 May 2013

If you see the thread started by Shilpa, Rahu or Ketu (Ketu only slightly to a lesser extent), when conjunct a planet well placed in sign, both the planet and the node does well in their dasa. Otherwise no.

If the nodes are not conjuncting any planet, then see where it is placed by Nakshatra and secondarily by sign (Shilpa advocated by the Nakshatra only). If the ruler is well placed, predict the node would do well, otherwise no.

Rahu likes Jupiter because Rahu is teachable. Jupiter is the natural ruler of the 9th and Rahu of the 11th and 9th is the 11th of the 11th. But Rahu should not be with Jupiter because 11th is powerful in its way of acquiring material ends and hence Rahu eclipses Jupiter when conjuncting with it, but the rule above applies to Jupiter as well ie. if Jupiter is well placed by sign it is STILL EXCELLENT. Shilpa hit the nail on the head with this one point due to her vast extensive experience in giving readings.

Which comes to my next point. From the above, one can see that the 11th lord is MORE POWERFUL than the 9th lord in acquiring material ends, largely because it is the last house before the 12th, which has material significations (the last Air House in fact where the Air is condensed and powerful and can move mountains). But 9th being the 11th of the 11th, means the prosperity of the 9th tends to be more steady and long range, not likely to wind down at any moment of time, but not likely to rivet up at short notice. 9th also includes intangible benefits, not so the 11th.

Between the 9th and the 11th, you need a combination of them to succeed like what Shilpa said, with the 10th for career advancement or advancement in society as well.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

K.R.Mani
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by K.R.Mani » 13 May 2013

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:If you see the thread started by Shilpa, Rahu or Ketu (Ketu only slightly to a lesser extent),
Hock Leong

Pl give the reference URL

astroKid_84

Re: rahu

Post by astroKid_84 » 10 Nov 2016

devpatel wrote:I agree,

Other great people with exalted Rahu in Upachaya are,

George W Bush - Taurus Rahu Exalted in 11th house
became the World's most powerful man.

Sonia Gandhi - same Rahu in 11th house
Indias most powerful person

There are many other like Digvijay singh and other
remarkable people with Rahu Exalted of taurus in
upachaya.

It is certainly seen that NO other planet can bestow the results
what a Exalted rahu can, especially in upachaya.

Majority of people who become leaders have thier Rahu's in
upachaya.

Cheers, Dev
Dev,

we can add Donald Trump to the list now. Exalted Rahu conjoined Lagna lord sun (rules over politics) in 10th house. He has the most powerful position in the world and overcame all odds in a rather bizarre and unconventional (Rahu) election campaign.

abruslep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abruslep » 13 Nov 2016

The nodes do better when the dispositors do well. That being said, within dual signs the nodes find more balance. Dual signs have an internal awareness of the other. There is a certain balance inherent in dual signs therefore when the nodes are there they find a sort of balance as well. Balance does not necessarily mean they will perform better though.

Rahu in earth signs, makes the individual very objective achievement focused. They naturally sort of flow with the pace of society. Rahu in water signs brings a sort of ouroboros quality, where the individual kind of chips away at their internal predispositions.

chinos105
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by chinos105 » 22 Feb 2018

Well said and analysed Karthik ji.rahu behaviour is somewhat unpredictable.your chart seems to be similar to mine.kindly share Ur chart n dob...my dob 4.12.1984 10:40 am rkl.because my Rahu dasha is coming soon.rahu in taurus in 5th in krittika with sun aspect.plz throw some light on areas where challenges u faced.waiting 4 Ur reply

Prasanjeet

shriastrology

Post by shriastrology » 15 Jun 2020

Very interesting and enjoyed reading it.
I have Rahu in 11th House and exalted in Taurus. Sanni MD and Rahu Dasha was turning point.It is TRue it has ability to do impossible. MArch 7th 2019 I did experience during my Shani MD and Rahu AD

details

DOB: 17th Oct 1984
Time: 1.10 AM
Place Tuljapur Maharashtra India

rr5209806
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by rr5209806 » 11 Jul 2020

Yes Rahu is exalted in Taurus and Ketu is exalted in Scorpio, both at 20 degree. The effect of exalted Rahu and Ketu depends on which house they are positioned in. As they will give their functional effect according to the house and the zodiac they are positioned in.