Job prospect: academia

Questions about career and job.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Tiwari
Job prospect: academia

Post by Tiwari » 16 Jul 2012

Dear All:
Last edited by Tiwari on 22 Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Job prospect: academia

Post by swamykool » 17 Jul 2012

Hmmmm, just saw this. By tomorrow. 8)
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

map
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by map » 20 Jul 2012

Tiwari ji,

I will give my prediction here. Analysis later sometime.
Definitely you will complete your Ph.D. and get your degree before or by the end of May 2013. I strongly believe that you will not be a student after June 2013. Mostly it is job. All this is because of the budhaditya yoga in the chart. Further, you may even go for some new purchase of conveyance / house property possession after May 2013. Wish you all the best and advance congratulations.

regards
map

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 23 Jul 2012

This is the full response 8) You copied in a hurry.

Hi Tr,

Sorry, I am a day late.

A job is very very likely between 13/09/2012 to 15/02/2013. At least you will receive some sort of confirmation.

Things will go slow till 11/10/2012, but don't worry it will speed up considerably after that.

The Dasha running will be Mer-Sat-Sat. Mer MD started from Jyeshtha (Sampat Tara) while Sat AD will start from Uttarbhadrapad (karma Tara).

However, this will more likely be a post doc position, rather than purely teaching position. The element of research will be there quite prominently.

Your financial position will improve somewhat after Feb 2013.

I think you will have to move either South or West for this job. Can also be south-west. Lets see.

Best of luck. :D

SK.
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 27 Jul 2012

Some change is due to happen in the time-frame Aug 20 to Sep 5, 2012.

Perhaps this is a high-profile / elite / well known University.

Aah - wealth, yes. Wealth is due to commence Aug 2013 - this perhaps indicates that you start a real, well paying job in Aug 2013 time frame.

What are you doing for the year Aug 2012 - Aug 2013? Seems to me to be one year at some elite University which helps you in a better job a year later.

Whew! lets see how much comes out correct :|

PS: I am jet lagged 8)
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 27 Jul 2012

PS: This high profile 2013 university is government funded, at least partially, if not fully

Best of luck, for the joyce-ous harvest that lie ahead. 8)

PPS: A change of name is indicated by end of next year :)

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

nupur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nupur » 14 Sep 2012

Dear Bhavya,
Best of luck. May god bless you with everything you want. :)

Love
Nupur
Hurt me with the TRUTH but never comfort me with a LIE

vandna

Post by vandna » 20 Sep 2012

dear sir
plz predict for mine case also.
i am into engineering teaching field, done my masters with hurdles. want to pursue Ph.D but not able to get admission for past 2 years. plz suggest when is the correct time to apply . also please tell whether i will be into this profession forever. my details are
dob: 31.12.79
place: rohtak(harayana)
time: 3:30 am
thanks

montu
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by montu » 28 Sep 2012

Pranam Guriji,

Please reply to my post too. I had lots of career hurdles inspite of good post-graduate degree in Microbiology. Worked for 8 years and after leaving India strugled to get job abroad. Right now in my second year of Master of Teaching program hoping, I will get job in comming days in school. Can you please read my horoscope and predits why so many hurdles.
My details are:
DOB: 3rd April 1968
POB: Chandrapur, Maharashtra
TOB:10:20 am

Montu

destinychild

Post by destinychild » 20 Nov 2012

All the best Bhavya..All good wishes are with you! :)

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 20 Nov 2012

Tiwari, just pl relax.

Coming months portend well for you in terms of career. Since you asked, yes, December is when you should be hearing from good Universities.

Ok, was this what you wanted to see /hear ? :mrgreen:

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

KET

Post by KET » 02 Dec 2012

Patience till April /May2013....

To keep you charged..apart from sending applications, do you recite Vishnu Sasranamam

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 04 Dec 2012

Tiwari ji,
Astrologically, there are big changes going to happen in this month. Don't loose hope...keep trying. You will succeed. You are not alone....there are so many who are facing hard time. It's just that they don't express.
Try something better than you tried previously. You never know what's there in God's store for you :)

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 04 Dec 2012

Tiwari ji,
I am not aware of your field & what you are looking for exactly & what locations...guess related with PhD. These days there are endless areas to enter into...don't wait for next season...talk to your area guide what else you can do...you never know something better might come up....keep searching.
And as you said...and predicted for you by ChandraLagna ji, you might get one of two pending results by Jan 2013. Keep working on backup plan till then

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 10 Dec 2012

:)
Where is the restraint of Moon-ketu club, Tiwari? But nice to see this exuberance !

My best wishes. Yes, its easy for me and others to predict and keep faith...but not for a moment do I forget that its ultimately you that have got to achieve it! Go, Tr, go !!

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 11 Dec 2012

skp23 wrote:Tiwari ji,
you never know something better might come up....keep searching.
And as you said...and predicted for you by ChandraLagna ji
Congrats ! :D

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 14 Dec 2012

Thats Great !!
Don't know when that lucky day will come for me. Applying...and applying...no interview calls :(

mona.d
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mona.d » 17 Dec 2012

Hi Tiwari,

I have been going over your posts and I wish you all the very best.

May all the colors of your choice come your way in form of job offers. Given that your preferences very neatly ranked, deciding in case of multiple offers, hopefully will not be difficult.

Just curious to know what your field of study is.

Best wishes,
mona

destinychild

Post by destinychild » 17 Dec 2012

May you come out with flying 'colours' Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-)

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 17 Dec 2012

Tiwari wrote:Skp,
Hang on. I applied to more than 30 places, and had a success rate of less than 10% And it is not certain wheather the 10% would materialize into something concrete. Job ads that suited my profile ended up in rejection. And my cv is pretty strong. So you never know what is in the magical bag for you. Therefore hang on. And keep moving. That is the essence.
Hey Tiwari,
I am keeping very busy contacting recruiters & applying....trying with all force regardless of transit. Every time the recruiter is so sure that I will end up confirming their position, they stop hearing back :( but I am trying & trying for new positions. Hoping something positive will happen soon.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 17 Dec 2012

Tiwari,

Looks like you started getting the effect of exalted Saturn from 11th of Dec - exactly one month after it came out of combustion range (on 12th of Nov). And you have a very powerful exalted Saturn in your chart. So, I should not expect results from exalted Saturn so soon with my combust Saturn.

From the interview dates you have posted, looks like Rahu moving into Libra is going to help exalted Saturn in giving you a research position.

However, you may be aware that your Mercury the Lagna-and-10th Lord is combust. Hence, wearing an emerald 4.5 carats set in gold or jade 7.3 carats moulded into a ring or set in gold will help.

Of course, you know the academic equations of superiority complexes in the Western world - the so-called elite universities don't like to accept PhDs from so-called lower-ranked universities - even if the PhD from lower ranked university is many times a better researcher than their own products.

But I don't know which university you are in. If you are in an elite university, sooner or later you'll land a job. If you are from the lower rungs, then your exalted Saturn with Rahu in Libra and Mercury in Budhaditya-Bhadra Yoga deriving support from emerald/Jade should help you - along with Jupiter in Hans+Guru-Mangal Yoga.

Your Rahu is benefic and he will help you in your job search. Most probably after 11th of Jan you should get a job.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

YogiYugesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by YogiYugesh » 18 Dec 2012

Last edited by YogiYugesh on 22 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 19 Dec 2012

Yogi Yugesh,

Thanks for that!

Your Lagna is at 0 degree by the time you have given. Only a few minutes ago it would be a different Lagna in your chart. So, we need to check it.

Can you describe your face and appearance and also the quality of your marital life?

Tiwari,

Emerald is enough for you. I don't think you need a diamond. If at all you feel like wearing a gem for Venus, you can try opal 4.5 carats set in gold.

I think with your kind of powerful chart you should make it into some university after 11th of Jan.

Yes, I am in academics - my extra powerful Jupiter won't let me stray into other fields even if I try. :)
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 19 Dec 2012

Dear Tiwari,

Good luck with the job hunt. It has been fun to see your color coded gem-based university rating. I am sure persistence is the key to all academia related things. So, keep going at it.
I don't know your chart to make any astrology related comments.

Dear Saindhavi,

I am curious about your last comment. Your strong Jupiter won't let you out of academics, but do you like it?

I have this problem where I am trying not to continue in academia but all my better opportunities keep happening there. It is as if I am forced to stick around some university or other.

Would you please elaborate on extra strong Jupiter and academics thing? I was thinking that Jupiter would give education and perhaps teaching, but research position is not related to Jupiter.

Best regards,
Violet

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 19 Dec 2012

Tiwariji your emerald has lost its strength .. 8) only love remains between you two now..

btw mercury and diamond are not suitable for you.. 3 5 7 star lords ratnas should not be worn..