Astrologer and Role of Uranus

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Astrologer and Role of Uranus

Post by janaki » 26 Oct 2012

Dear All,

I have always been fascinated by role of Uranus in astrology.

Personally I have met many people who have uranus in their ascendent and are very intelligent. As the planet behaves their behavior could be whimsical and their thinking capacity out of the box.

This is quite true for people with scorpio ascendent and uranus in ascendent of he native. This was true for natives born in 1980s where most of the technological innovations started taking place.

Vedic astrology considers mercury to be responsible for astrology. I have a few questions regarding planetorial combinations in an astrologer's chart for being a good astrologer.

1. Strength of Uranus in Astrologer's chart
2. Role of neptune
3. Houses these planets should be placed to be able to become a good astrologer
4. Is aquarius ruled by uranus as its a sign of invention/individuality?

Regards

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Astrologer and Role of Uranus

Post by Saindhavi » 26 Oct 2012

Hi Janaki,

Indian astrology doesn't consider Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. This is because we don't have ancient data recorded in ancient texts about them and we have to wait for at least 500 years to get the data from the past to form any theories about them.

Besides, these being far out, are not visible to the eye and hence, it is regarded that their energy doesn't affect our body much.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello Saindhavijee,

Thanks for your viewpoint.

I would like to share some information I collected from literature about these planets.

Uranus (Hershel) is a Classic Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory if anyone watches that program. I am a big fan :D :D .

Hershel was found in 1781. He takes 84 years to complete one cycle through all rashis. The effect of mankind is technological innovations, fashion, changed eating habits (junk, pizzas, pastas etc), facilitated transport system.

He is a whimsical planet as his orbit around the sun is elliptical..so sometimes he comes close to sun and sometimes goes away. He is independent with great imagination power, hardworking, friendly with all hierarchy levels of society. When malefic, cruel, purposefully going against religions and traditions, Hitler's concentration camp

Governs:
Highly qualified individuals, Individuals at high posts (be it any field, arts, engineering, medicine etc), welders, fitter, workers on ships.

Hershel is Purushagraha
Leo is own house, Aquarius mooltrikon
Shatrurasi-Tula

I would like to point out difference between mercury and Uranus. Mercury is a planet of intelligence. Its quick in grasping knowledge which is already available in this world. Hershel derives/invents things which are not there already. Hence it is important in all fields.

e.g. As we know saturn traits are important for a researcher to keep the persistence and things going until the end. A researcher governed by mercury will take a few years to invent something whereas the one governed by Hershel would do the same thing or even better in few months.
A sportsman governed by Mars will take a day to complete 100 runs whereas the one with Herchel will take few hours. Hershel's malefic karakatvas could be 100 times damaging than that of Mar's.
The same analogy is applicable for venus and other planets...

I think to be a good astrolger,placement of Hershel in Ascendent, 5th house or 10th house should be beneficial.

Neptune placement in Ascendent (helpful for intuition), 2nd house (Vachasiddhi), 5th house should be beneficial.

* Pluto is responsible for things which affect the masses. e.g. revolutions, plane accidents, epidemic desease etc..*

Different point of views are welcome from experienced members of this group.

REgards
― Pablo Picasso

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 26 Oct 2012

Not just uranus neptune pluto.. there are 1000s more and science will keep discovering in times to come.

The point is they are not for vedic astrology. 9 planets have been given adhipatya of giving phala by Lord and these are the only ones are accountable for karma phala.

Rest can be used to get pleasure via telescopes..

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The karmafal effects are very well defined in Vedic Astrology and I have no doubts about that.

As the society is changing, people's way of thinking and the nature of the problems they are facing are changing.

e.g.
In earlier days even simple deseases like dengu or T.B. could be fatal but they are not anymore.

Mars is considered a Malefic in Vedic Astrology and martial women would be looked down as they would have their own individuality and would not accept injustice. In today's society it is beneficial for women to have martian effects as it gives them the courage to stand up for what they believe and can achieve.

We have to change as per how the society is changing. The nature of problems people are facing are changing. Hence the solution methodology by astrologers should also adaptable with changing times.

Hence I was curious about effects of Hershel and karakatva of Hershel as I think he should be considered an important planet in astrologer's chart to be able to give solutions as per changed times.
― Pablo Picasso

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 26 Oct 2012

There are many inherent diffrences between western astrology and vedic.....the latter being immensely richer.

so even thouhg both systems have a number of common planets i. e Su, Mo, Me, Ve, Ma, Jup and Sa......western astrologyx is able to derive far less from those 7 planets.

so western system needs addtional planets to define the full spectrum and range of parameters that govern human beings and mankind.,..and hence it used Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

remember the properties of these 3 planets were already covered by the 7 common plantes + rahu and Ketu always in Vedic system.

When you use Uranus, Neptune and Pluto in western system they make sense...especially as slow moving planets they have a huge impact on social phenomenons and defnining events of an era in the western systems.
Mixing them with the vedic system is not easy and can cause confusions.
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 27 Oct 2012

Thank you Shilpajee for the information.

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

sathis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sathis » 27 Oct 2012

Uranus and neptune can be included in vedic astrology.but not pluto there are more planets like pluto beyond neptune.but uranus and neptune were larger and have more effect on earth.and they were found out by vedavyasa.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 27 Oct 2012

Dear janaki,

The trans saturnine planets, i.e. Uranus Neptune and Pluto, is not recognised in Hindu Astrology and cannot be used in our calculations.

Hindu Astrology is mostly predictive in nature and basically based on Nks and follows a dasha-yoga approach. It is an extremely deep and sophisticated system with unparallaled predictive capabilities. Now these 3 (U N & P) does not own any Nk and thus does not have any dasha.

In that case how can the inherent effects (Nks) be fixed?? Or timing be calculated?? You cannot say such and such will come to pass in the MD of Uranus and AD of Pluto.

So for all practical purpose the 3 cannot be used in our astrology.

Regds
SK
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 28 Oct 2012

Sathis,

Yes as Uranus and Neptune are larger planets they would have effects of planet earth. You have mentioned that they were found by Vedvyasa. Would you like to elaborate more on this? (reference etc where you read this)

Swamycooljee,
Thanks for the information.
These planets dont have any NK till now. Some literature considers aquarius governed by Uranus.
As they are large planets they could have effects on the mankind.
There is literature available which explains the effects of placement of these planets in each house.
Maybe more serious research in the area could lead in determining the NK and dasha period for these planets.
This could be a possible research area for astrologers :D

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 28 Oct 2012

Jan,

Thanks for sharing this information. Its really interesting. Please see the following quote from the same article your have posted.

"Narendra Desai felt that Uranus was a higher octave of Mercury, the god of creative intellect. He said that a prominent Uranus was often seen in the chart of a good astrologer."

I started the forum with the same query, role of uranus in astrologer's chart. Basic maths comes under mercury whereas advanced maths, international financial transactions, Nuclear innovations are governed by Uranus.

This article states Pluto was a higher octave of Mars and Neptune, a higher octave of Venus.

I liked the last paragraph of this article which I am posting here:

-The true spirit and philosophy of the Vedas was to keep an open mind to all forms of truth. The challenge of integrating this information into the Vedic system is the work of the neo-vedic astrologer of the new millennium. The research should be done with an open mind while still protecting the tenets of traditional Jyotish. As the great seer Narendra Desai stated to one of his students; “Never mind what others say about the outer planets; they are there, we must use them!”

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 29 Oct 2012

Hello Jan,
Thanks for sharing the horoscopes of Gandhi family.
Uranus in the 7th house definitely shows a partner who lives life by his/her rules. If he is well placed in 7th it could give a happy life (not considering other planet's effects).
Uranus in 7th could also show a relationship which is out of ordinary as he doesnt like traditions. e.g. some people have a live in relation without getting married

As he stays almost of 7 years in one rashi its not easy to predict the transit effects.
I have seen Uranus mostly in guy's chart ascendent than girl's. In a way its good for girls not to have whimsical nature :D

I am still in a learning stage but these are just based on observations which I came across.

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 30 Oct 2012

Jan,
It looks like personal life for Indira G was quite challenging.

"When Mercury connects to Uranus the principle of logical thinking is connected to intuition and invention. Uranus is universal mind energy, and as such is known as the higher octave of Mercury. The Mercury-Uranus native is more often than not an original thinker who chooses unique and highly individualized methods of communication. This aspect, if you possess it, gives you a certain quality of genius. Some people possessing a powerful Mercury-Uranus aspect are so forward and advanced in their thinking compared to the rest of us that we are at a loss to understand them. If you have ever attempted to read the work of Stephen Hawking, the great physicist and cosmologist, you will have an idea of where the Mercury-Uranus person is coming from ."

This is an interesting theory. His mercury is also exalted.
I would also expect Uranus in Ascendent, 5th house should also help native to be extraordinary.

I have read it somewhere when uranus is conjuct with a planet, it increases its energy level.
Regards
― Pablo Picasso

Anandham
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anandham » 07 Aug 2013

Janaki, I am not sure you post around here often these days, but I found this thread on Uranus quite interesting.
Last edited by Anandham on 13 Jan 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aaron » 08 Aug 2013

Last edited by Aaron on 07 Nov 2013, edited 2 times in total.

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 09 Aug 2013

Ojas,

Mercury would have done well in aquarius.. and uranus would have magnified the effects...The placement of Rahu has tainted it.

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

janaki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janaki » 09 Aug 2013

Aron,

Thanks for your input. The ups and downs are classic traits on Uranus. He doesnt believe in traditions hence problematic for things you have talked about.

Another thing is he doesnt believe in HEirarchy. SO you will find that they get along irrespective of class or standard of a person. Also they have problems in keeping promises. So when there are good traits like intelligence and originality there are not so welcome traits as well. Its a kind of a trade off.

Regards
― Pablo Picasso

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » 09 Aug 2013

What if Ur's conjunct Nep and Rah in the Asc.?
Tides of unconventionality and weirdness?
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

Aaron
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aaron » 09 Aug 2013

Last edited by Aaron on 07 Nov 2013, edited 1 time in total.

intstud
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by intstud » 09 Aug 2013

OMG, you explained this wonderfully. And yes, you did make a lotta sense.
I totally forgot to mention the sign...it's Sag.
Raisin cookies resembling chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I've trust issues.

Anandham
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anandham » 09 Aug 2013

Thanks for your reply, Janaki...although due to the generic nature of the response it is hard to understand. Does well in what way? Taints in which way?

Aaron, that's a beautiful delineation of Uranus and the manner in which it can manifest in a horoscope, thanks for chiming in, I found your post informative.

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amitns » 09 Aug 2013

I read in linda goodman that after Uranus was discovered the electronic age began, so uranus governs electronics. after pluto was discovered the Muclear age began, pluto rules extreme events like nuclear disasters.

uranus governs aquarius. however if its own sign is aquarius it cannot be uccha in leo (which is 7th from it) right?

neptune governs pisces and pluto scorpio.

amit

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amitns » 09 Aug 2013

While I don't believe in splitting up the system of jyotish. I think that noticing the transits or natal placements of these outer planets can be worthwhile. Not giving nakshatra rulership or sign rulership et.c.

Many astrologers use them even some of notable achievment. For example Dennis Harness.

http://dennisharness.com/
"Dennis was awarded the prestigious titles of Jyotish Kovid and Jyotisha Vachaspati from theIndian Council of Astrological Sciences."
While there is a lot of knowledge in the old indian scriputures, it will be more useful if we can blend it with the changes that have taken place in the last few hundred years.

especially in the last 25 years, knowledge boundaries have been completely demolished and floodgates have been opened as far as information is concerned

as indians, it is a challenge, to gel the old with the new, something that we do not do easily. it would be interesting to see astrologers use these (relatively) new discoveries to get broader insights into astrological charts

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 24 Dec 2018

Very Excellent Information.

I fully appreciate Shri JANAKI posts in this thread.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology