Intuitive dreams

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Intuitive dreams

Post by manya » 09 Oct 2012

Yellow wrote:Aseem,

It is true that I got the dreams of snakes after I started learning astrology, but I saw other dreams also, which were different. So you can't say that I got affected by the Rahu-Moon thing. And read my signature line. You will know that I don't care one bit about the planets.

What if you do not get dreams but nightmares, that too nightmares of some people dancing like snake at your head.....?I often get this kind of nightmares..

I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

deeps

Post by deeps » 09 Oct 2012

No No...don't take it wrongly man..And let it remain suspense :oops:

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 09 Oct 2012

Yes, Ketu in lagna in Saggitarius will give you detachment one day.
deeps wrote:Yes I love the word Detachment. I am yet to master it. :oops:

Maybe I will master it one day due to Ketu in Dhanu sign in Lagna. :)
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

deeps

What if you do not get dreams but nightmares, that too nightmares of some people dancing like snake at your head.....?I often get this kind of nightmares..
Well Akanksha ji,

I understand your situation. I feel sympathy for you. Just few months left. :)

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

akanksha2807 wrote:What if you do not get dreams but nightmares, that too nightmares of some people dancing like snake at your head.....?I often get this kind of nightmares..
Akansha ji,

I think you get this kind of dream due to excessive stress in life.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

:mrgreen:
deeps wrote:No No...don't take it wrongly man..And let it remain suspense :oops:

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

deeps wrote:
Well Akanksha ji,

I understand your situation. I feel sympathy for you. Just few months left. :)
:-) Hope so...by the end of these "few months", i get rid of these day and night, nightmares....

But you did not tell what astrological combinations give this kind of effects...

KET

Post by KET » 09 Oct 2012

[quote="Dev"]Talib:

Actually, I dont know if different rules are followed. Pitru tarpanam of course refers to all pitrus but when a person has his father alive, he is not suppose to do that for other pitrus and it will be his father doing that. In fact even if a person loses his mother, he does not do amavasya tarpanam till such time that his father is alive. I hope this rule is followed in the south.
His father would be the closest of relatives and pitru and so he is not suppose to be doing that, further there are certain rules for those doing tarpans(amavasya) and such rules is to be followed only for those who lost their parents and for others in fact, they are to break the rules since it does not belong to them.
Anyway other replies are welcome, because what I know may not be practiced all over.

Dev

Dev ji....
You are right in your expressing your thoughts on Tharpanam

During Mahallaya Paksham, everyday one person(please refer my earlier reply who should do Tharpanam) can do Tharpanam... Pitrus will be appeased during that period.

deeps

Hope so...by the end of these "few months", i get rid of these day and night, nightmares....

But you did not tell what astrological combinations give this kind of effects...
Since when you are seeing such dreams?

Rahu rules subconscious mind and dreams also. You are running Ketu/ Rahu period, so naturally bad dreams have to come. In short, during good times, people see more of good dreams.

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Since when you are seeing such dreams?

Rahu rules subconscious mind and dreams also. You are running Ketu/ Rahu period, so naturally bad dreams have to come. In short, during good times, people see more of good dreams.
[/quote]

I started getting nightmares after i got married :-) but these nightmares i get very often now...during ketu/rahu....

Talib
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Talib » 09 Oct 2012

KET Ji,

Thanks for the information.

Love
Talib
Dance of the Divine is "Thoughtless"

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Akansha ji,

Aseem is right. Rahu gives mental disturbance in its period, which is why you are having bad dreams. When your Jupiter period will start, you will get good dreams.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 09 Oct 2012

Talib:

Yes u are right, but one should know to whom he is allowed to do, ie for rishis in case his father is alive I doubt if people do this tarpanam.

Ket:
That was exhaustive note on tarpanam. I doubt if common people do other tarpanams than pitrutarpanam?
May be a few. Also I see most people putting namam or vibuti while performing tarpanam.

Dev

KET

Post by KET » 09 Oct 2012

Dev wrote:Talib:

Yes u are right, but one should know to whom he is allowed to do, ie for rishis in case his father is alive I doubt if people do this tarpanam.

Ket:
That was exhaustive note on tarpanam. I doubt if common people do other tarpanams than pitrutarpanam?
May be a few. Also I see most people putting namam or vibuti while performing tarpanam.

Dev
Dev ji

This is what happens when ritual rites of Pitrus or Lords when highlighted, folks will think of about other persons whether other folks does this ritual rites. The Tone has to be set by some one to start, people will follow.

Here where I live, there are more than 60 %-65 % of South Indian population does religiously perform these rites... . Due to extreme demand, here majority of places, Priests have hired rented houses to perform Mahallaya Paksham ritual rites for common people( those who cannot do ritual rites)at their residences. If the person cannot afford for Mahallaya Paksham costs involved, Priest takes the dakshina whatever the performer gives to Priest & Brahmins involved.

Pitru tharpanam can be performed at home, the cost of doing monthly amavasya tharpanam is neglible in amount.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 09 Oct 2012

Although we are off topic here, but still let me contribute

Agree with PVR when he says, the idea behind rituals is to establish the thought....as thoughts are so slippery its almost difficult to focus on one.

I believe this ritual is required so that we spare a thought for our manes and remember them, respect them, thanks them, and pray for their moksha. Sometimes, many people even forge about, those departed souls beyond initial mournng period and annivarsaries. Hence our forefathers carved out a special fortnight, so that even thouse who are normally away from rituals, willy nilly remember their ancestors.

With times, and vested interests, all kind of religious rituals (for all religion) get complicated. Some of it is neccessary as ritual cannot be done in exactly same manner across geography n time. Hence need for modification. Change is only constant.

however this neccassity for change along with vested interests and gaps in transfer of knowledge down generations made rituals complex as well are just that, rituals. Many times we do not know what we are doing. Its not only in religion, its in other parts of life. E.g Touch wood, God bless while some one sneezez, etc

I beleive, it is utmost important to develop humility, calmness, contentment,tolerance, being gracious and compassion in a being. If it comes due to a ritual, it is most welcome. But ritual, either its performance or non-performance should not put scare in ourselves.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ket:

You probably miosunderstood me.

I said, most people do tarpanam for their parents when the parents are not alive. Also they may do malaya paksha tarpanam during this period. But they may not be doing it everyday for rishis and this I said, very orthodox brahmins a few may be doing.
In fact, even tarpanam to parents, some people dont do saying when their parents were alive, they took care of them and that is enough.

Anyway about using rice along with til, I did not know, on tuesdays and fridays, you have to mix with rice?

Also about bath, is it not enough to take bath and do sandhyavandanam and tarpanam, that is what many people do?

Since the topic is on dreams. do you think those who dont perform pitrukarma would get horrible dreams?
Is there a connection?

Thanks for your responses.
Dev

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dev ji,

I have a question.... i being a girl, can i also do shraddhs for my dad? My mom does it at her place. I am asking this question because-
1. I have pitra dosha in my chart
2. i am married now

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Akanksha:

Actually a shraddha is performed by the son, then the next is by son in law and then grand son and if parents have only a girl child who is unmarried, yes she can do it, but these are the rules and nowadays, most son in laws and even grand children may not do, daughters cannot do everything that men do since they do not wear the sacred thread. But still the mantras will be chanted by the pundit, he will give you the bugnas which you will touch and he will put in agni and do it. You should not eat anything or even drink coffee on that day and so also your sister and your son(but he is too young, so OK).
If your mother is doing it, you dont have to do separately, you sit along with her when pandit is chanting the mantras.

Also try to do some annadaan on that day feeding anaath people and handicapped people and also feed cows.
But shraad food should be eaten by your family only and you can feed cows with that food. But for anaath ashram and for the handicapped, you can entrust the job to some pandit, ask them to make roti daal or fried rice or lemon rice, curd rice and give them money and ask them to distribute to say 100, 200 300 or how much ever you can.

Cow feeding will help you get rid of pitru dosh.

Definitely you can do, you love and respect your father, so do it.

Dev

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 13 Oct 2012

Thanks for such a detailed explaination Devji

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 14 Oct 2012

This is an interesting link:

http://www.askastrologer.com/Dreams.html

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 14 Oct 2012

Thanks for the link, Explorings.

deeps

Post by deeps » 17 Oct 2012

I would like to share an interesting dreams that I used to have often in 2008.

Well, 2008 was the bad time in my life in terms of everything. I was at a loss what to do and where to go. However, in the midst of all this, I used to get pictures of a Swami ji laughing at me on streets. It was like this I was franatically searching for my lost purse in my dream. That strange Swami ji was there watching me. He would come to me and asked what happened. I looked into his eyes and told him I was searching for my purse. He began laughing loudly, saying- " He will earn much wealth and he was worried about his purse, hahahahahaha" and went away. Such dreams came many times.

Sometimes, he would whisper, " don't lose heart, you are destined to go very far in life. All these bad times are temporary"

That's all. These days, it is the second dream that I often get. :)

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 19 Oct 2012

Hi Ppll

have you heard latest bollywood song.... dreaman wakeupam....

When i heard it, i thought of this thread. May be now onward i too will start getting dreams.

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 19 Oct 2012

I had this strange dream last night: there was a dream in my dream to start with.
In my real dream, I was sleeping & got a dream that some havoc like dec 2012 is happening & myself, my husband & my mother got out some way, crossed some thing to end up safe in a big hall kind of building. Then I got up in dream & told this to my husband about that dream, he was sitting on our study desk working on laptop. Suddenly, we noted that there are lot of noises outside & fire probably earthquake kind of something. I looked right above my head, I found we were in a large lobby kind of room with high cealing which started showing cracks as if it was about to break down. We decided to quickly leave, so I took my cellphone & purse & asked my husband to do same. Then while leaving, I came back to pick my iPad from desk & noted my husband was carrying his laptop bag. We came out & found ourselves on strange broken road with traffic jam with trucks & few people running around. I avoided looking to that side as i was getting scared. I suddenly saw my mother appeared from behind a truck & I was surprised to see her there since she was living very far away. She said, she just came, then I said I had a dream of all this & we all we go out safely, so lets move. We walked & reached a village with huts where all people had ran away leaving their houses open during to danger. My husband wanted water so, me & mom entered a hut, we found a bottle of 1 liter bisleri, he drank water & we came out. My husband & mom said now we are safe but I said no, it can happen again. Then I found all of us in a darker place probably multistoried building under construction. There was a gap of 6 feet at the end which was connected to next large building hall with a thick rope bridge with walking area as a rope ladder. My mom quickly easily crossed to other side by stepping on it. Then I started, after first step I found bridge was going down a bit probably due to my weight. I again reminded myself of the dream that I will manage to cross. Suddenly I realized I had thick rope railings on both sides for support. I held them tight & pulled myself up again & in 2 steps, crossed the bridge. Then came my husband's turn. He stepped on the bridge once & I pulled him so he easily reached the safe side crossing that gap. We all reached that large hall & I again said to them this is what I saw in my dream. My dream ended here.
This morning, I told this dream to my husband, he laughed at me that I got dream in my dream.

astrolearner15
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrolearner15 » 19 Oct 2012

I've been dreaming of ghosts for over a week now. :?