Some Insights Not Found in Classics

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Some Insights Not Found in Classics

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 04 Mar 2012

Hi

Let's see the overpowering influence of Jupiter in my D-11.

As already noted earlier Mercury, Venus and Moon are all under trines of Jupiter. According to Jataka Rajeeyam, Moon when under a trine of Jupiter becomes like Jupiter.

Sun in Aires is disposited by Mars but Mars is in turn disposited by Jupiter. We allow for this as classics recognised dispositorship of a functional ruler of a house ie. dispositor of a dispositor.

Mars and Ketu are in Sagittarius, a sign ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter contacts saturn and so Saturn has influnece of Jupiter as well. Saturn also provides a Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga to Jupiter which makes it strong.

So Jupiter is everywhere!! To top it all, Jupiter is the functional ruler of A1, A7, A5, A9 ie. all the trinal Arudha Bhavas (use K N Rao's Arudhas calculation with NO EXCEPTION) and also rules AL and A7 two of the most important Arudha Bhavas.

Jupiter is with A10, UL, disposits A6 and together with Saturn which disposits, A10 and A11 gives gains. A6 gives dissolvement of enmity under Jupiter's influnece. Jupiter is at home with UL since it is the natural ruler of the 12th.

A8 is with Mercury and A4 is with Venus both under the trines of Jupiter.

Only A3 is out of Jupiter's reach and A3 usually does not benefit that much under Jupiter'sinflunece as it signifies efforts at initiary action and is better when under pure Uppachay influence as can be seen in my chart by sun in Aires in the 3rd dispositing A3.

(Jupite rin 3rd is a different matter. It gives good luck).

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi

From my D-11 you can also see why I always do well with my interaction of the feminine sex.

Venus, Rahu and the Moon rules females.

Venus and Rahu are Yogakaraka planets in my D-11 as explained earlier when I spoke about means of livelihood.

Now Moon although ruling 6th, I also mentioned it is weakened by being exalted in an enemy's sign Taurus. Venus is also in my Taurus in my D-11. So like I said the maleficity of the Moon is curtailed. The maleficity of the Moon is further curtailed by getting a trine from Jupiter.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The only drawback of my Jupiter in D-11 is that it is placed in Capricorn which limits its wider sympathies notwithstanding it gets a Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga.

But Jupiter is in the 12th and that put my sympathy level right back to the normal level!!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just one comment on Arudhas.

One forum member has commented that time since Arudhas represent how people see you, it is flimsy and not much substance. It is better to take the houses in the chart themselves. At that time my response in a later post is that in this Kali Yuga Age of ours, people's perception of you can make or break your success.

My answer now is stronger. The answer is that Arudhas involve a formula for calculating the houses in a chart to come up with the respective Arudhas. These are SPIRITUAL FORMULAS and the perception people have on your is a SPIRITUAL AURA OF YOU. Thus Arudhas are indded important.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Let's comment on Neecha Bhanga and Neechan Bhanga raja Yoga.

Neecha Bhanga strengthens a planet's functional lordship. It is a proxy to Shadbala. So my Jupiter in D-11 which gets a Neecha Bhanga strengthens its lordship of the 11th and 2nd houses eg. wealth, gains etc. It also strengthens the house where Jupiter is placed - in my case the 12th house of sympathy, spirituality etc. Any aspect which Jupiter cast is also strengthened. So Jupiter aspecting Venus which is also a 9th house ruler strengthens me for taking calculated risks (my mistake, earlier - I do have broad vision thinking). Neecha Bhanga also strengthens Jupiter's placment in Capricorn. Jupiter then has organizational ability, does good deeds, follow his duty as required by his father or karma etc. all attributes of saturn. Neecha Bhanga also strengthens the areas ruled by Jupiter like philosophy, international dealings, religion, children etc.

Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga, in addition, strengths Jupiter's impact on society. So the areas which the native does and those areas if ruled by Jupiter, like philosophy, would have an impact on the society where he lives or the era where he is.

But Jupiter's Neecha Bhanga (or Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga) DOES NOT strengthen Jupiter's general karakatwa on the character other than those character signified by the houses he rules, the house he is placed or the character shown by the sign Capricorn or the aspects it casts on other functional lords. Areas which Jupiter rule remain intact 100% but not the general character which comes under Jupiter.

Unfortunately my Jupiter touches everything in my D-11 so I still get 100% of the character of Jupiter. But my point is clear. In case when a planet which gets Neecha Bhanga does not impinge on certain areas of the chart, the general karakatwa of the planet concerned pertaining to character which can be compensated by that area of the chart if only the planet has effects through aspect, dispositorship etc., that piece of general character of that planet would REMAIN WEAK.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

those karakatwa pertaining to character that remain weak as explained above, can still be strengthened through the planet's Amsa Bala.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi

An anecdote to share ...............

In Vedic Astrology Sun and Moon are males but the Sun overlords the signs and the Moon overlords the Nakshatras (the Lunar Constellations where the Moon takes his turn to rest on each one).

So it can be seen that Sun is 1st in command and Moon is 2nd in command so Sun can be considered as the king and the Moon the queen even though in Vedic Astrology both are males.

The further confusing part is Sun rules creativity and Moon rules kingship. So which is which?

Well the thing is the king has to go out and work and based on his creativity he often becomes the entrepreneur or the CEO (he builds the company into an empire). The Moon then gets a budget from the king to do her household chores in the palace. Familiarity then breeds quality because she is running the household everyday and hence the title of kingship in the household is given to her. Thus the Moon also governs civil servants who get their monthly salaries from the Sun which governs the government. The Miniister gets his pay from the annual budget of the government which is set aside for the rulership personnel for the country (you need someone to rule the country). So the Minister is also synonymous with the Sun.

The Ministries (like Ministry of Manpower, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Environment etc.) are also given a budget but their budget can change depending on their annual performance eg. whether they reach their targets set for them in the beginning of the year. So Jupiter governs the Ministries. He depends on the donation of the Sun (the government) and the Moon (Heads of Civil Servant feedback to the government).

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi

Note that here the ages are talked in terms of Tropical Signs progressing backwards as the years passed.

As one forum member has written on "Vidya....Education", unless Saturn is strong in one's chart, your knowledge acquisition experience in life is going to be minimal.

Now Charistianity has always regarded knowledge as evil. This is understandable as in the Piscean Age, it is 2nd to the Aquarian Age if you read the chart clockwise, thus it spells the death of knowledge. So in the Piscean Age, ignorance is considered a virtue until of course the Reformation and the 19th and 20th centuries scientific progress took place as we near the Aquarian Age.

Now that we are more in the midst of the Aquarian Age, the more knowledge the better and everyone is trying to plug into the information network.

When we progress to the Capricorn Age, man would be so proud of himself as everybody would be measured by their deeds and those who do a lot of good karmic deeds are extolled and man will worship only himself and Capricorn is the 12th of the Aquarius ie. no more knowledge would be emphasised.

When we come to the Sagittarian Age, we are with the Christian God (for those who are true to the Christian faith), that is the 11th (gains) to the Aquarius Sign (knowledge). There is thus a gain of knowledge! I believe the Bible did mention us not to pursue knowledge now, because once when we are with God, the Sagittarian Age, everything would then be clear to us!

Isn't the above interesting? And it is true too!

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 05 Mar 2012

What the above which I just posted shows is that Jupiter can give enlightened knowledge even without Saturn. This can happen only in the Sagittarian Age.

But since now we are in the Aquarian Age (with remnants of the Piscean Age), a background strong Saturn supporting Jupiter in a person's chart, would enable that someone to prophesize this enlightening knowledge given to men in the age to come (Sagittarian Age).

Well I have that in D-11 and hence I am sharing with the forum this prophesizing knowledge on my part.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi

Next insight ..............

Although classics always delineated that the 6th, 8th and 12th of a House A are those likely to damage House A, from the post on counteracting dusthanas, we know that the following also damage house A (we are extending the principle from just talking of dusthanas to ANY House A) :

(1) The 11th to a House A. This is very puzzling which I was at first also. 11th to a House A is the gains to House A. So how it can spell the death of House A?

11th denote the gains to House A so the person is is busy collecting the gains that, you guess it, the essence of House A is essentially LOST! For example if your Ascendant Lord goes to the 11th or the 11th lord goest to 1st, or the Lagna Lord aspects the 11th lord etc. what happens is that the gains occupy the person's mind day in and day out. The expression of the personality (Lagna) is thus completely lost!

Let's take an example with House A being a Dusthana. Let's say House A is the 6th house. Then then 11th to House A is the 4th house. From a very much earlier post (not this thread), we know that 4th house rules false accusations. 6th house rules enemies. When these lords are in anyway related, there is no way for enmity to start rolling because the accusation is false.

(2) The 10th to House A. It usually spells the demise of House A as what House A governs does not matter anymore because the 10th to House A is so strong. If the two lords of these houses are in any way related or if they share a common lordship, the 10th to the House A would call the shots and House A is simply left on the lurch.

Take the 1st and 10th house. A person who has 1st and 10th hosue related, like Bill Gate's D-11 (he has an exchange between the 1st and the 10th), we always think of him as a persona from afar. He donates? Then he must have a charitable disposition. He is successful? Then he must have an enterprising disposition.

More than anything else, the disposition of a person is hardly known from afar (this is different from LACK of memory recall that is revealed through body language. This is NOT a disposition. But memory recall that is positive CANNOT be revealed through body language.). You will have to get up close to the person in order to truly know him ie. the Lagna.

So that is what is meant by the 10th to House a takes over the affairs of House A.

Let's take an example where House A is a dusthana, the 8th house. Let's also assume the 5th and 8th houses share a common lordship. In that case the person's intelligence (5th house) prevents any conflict from escalating further (8th house).

(3) The 12th to House A. Now this one is mentioned by classics but of the three dusthanas to House A, the 6th, 8th and 12th, this by far is most potent. 8th to House A can give a spark to House A and is what House A works towards in this lifetime as explained by one forum member. 6th to House A can rundown House A but you need to rundown House A attributes to stretch beyond your potential, so the rundown is good in a way of tapping what is inherent in House A.

But not the 12th to House A. The 12th to House A shows a complete redefintion of what House A stands for so that it can be said to be a complete turnaround. It need NOT be a positive to a negative or vice-versa like that between the 9th and the 10th houses. But it can be like that between the 11th and the 12th.

Let's take the 9th and the 10th. We already know 9th rules your reputation amongst the masses in a nebulous way (9th is the 6th of the 4th, the house of the masses). But 10th is the reputaion you get as being a boss in the workplace. You have a definite role and responsibility in the organisation.

11th and 12th is more telling. 12th is the house of loss. 11th is also the house of loss but with a view to future gains. Something negative has changed to positive. 12th is the house of secret enemies. But 11th house turns the secret enemies' ploys against themselves to ensnare them.

(4) The Bhavat Bhavam of House A and it applies only to House A being a Dusthana. So it is the 6th to the 6th (which is the 11th), 12th to the 12th (which is the 11th again) and 8th to the 8th (which is the 3rd). The principle here is two negatives make one positive. So even though 3rd has characteristics of 8th and 11th has characteristics of 6th and 12th because of Bhavat Bhavam, the two negatives becoming positve more than override the Bhavat Bhavam principle.

Take the 11th and 12th again. How to interpret this in the light of this fourth principle is that the 11th stands for you being a secret enemy to the secret enemy! The advantage can be for various reasons.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I now understand why Saturn is a Yogakaraka for a Taurean Ascendant which lords the 9th and 10th houses. Besides being the best and strongest of the dharmic and karmic houses combined, the 9th and 10th are BOTH positive even though the 9th is the 12th to the 10th.

My insight with Vedic Astrology gets better each day. I am still learning.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I also now understand why the 11th house is a strong candidate for taking it as an Ascendant. Because it TAKES OVER the Ascendant!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Note that in the above post containing the paragraph on Bill Clinton, I have re-written it as soon as it was posted. But this note is just to let those readers who have read the post as soon as it was posted know, so that they may re-read it in case they have read the earlier version.

Thanks.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The term "memory recall" can also be loosely translated as "motivation".

srimedico
Donor
Donor

Post by srimedico » 26 Apr 2012

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Sita

Actually I should also add that if Jupiter is in a Kendra, it can also be strong if is a trinal lord. Now to your question.

Firstly Saturn is the natura karak for the kendras and all mutual kendra aspects. So if you want kendras to be emphasised, then it should be Saturn that is to be placed in Kendras and not Jupiter. But we rather have Jupiter because it is the planet of good fortune and luck. So the only thing is for Jupiter which if it is not a trinal lord, to either be in Saturn's sign, Rahu's sign (because strong Saturn passed on the strength to Rahu) or aspecting or having mutual aspects with Saturn.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong
i think this rule applies to my chart Image

can someone confirm it .. or am i mistaken
Jai Sita Ram !

srimedico
Donor
Donor

but till now i believed that , jup in saturn sign ( capricorn ) is a not desirable thing to happen ... but the above statement is implying other wise ... which is correct ?
Jai Sita Ram !

srimedico
Donor
Donor

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi

5th idea.

(5) Planets in mutual kendras ares strong, more so if they are placed in Kendra houses from Lagna. This is regardless of aspectual strenth.
this satisfies my jup and moon in my D1 ... so does this mean , gaja kesari yoga in my chart is active ( as opposed to dormant )
Khoo Hock Leong wrote:This is another reason why we mistakenly though the 7th aspect of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn as FULL but which in actual fact it is not, but the strength is due to other easons. Strength from mutual kendras mean the planets are like co-workers. Also the 7th to any planet has strong significations and also regardless of aspectual strength.
i have mars ( in taurus , 8th ) and saturn ( in scorpio , 2nd , yoga karaka for my libra asc ) mutually aspecting with 7th aspect :(
Jai Sita Ram !

srimedico
Donor
Donor

Post by srimedico » 27 Apr 2012

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi

The next principle .....

Some of us are blessed with capacity to adjust to marriage life regardless the nature of the partner or whether we have chosen the right or wrong partner.

What is the combination to see this in a chart?

Four planets primarily promote the sense of being happily adjusted to marriage. They are the Sun, Moon, Mars and Jupiter. In the case of the Sun, Moon and Mars, they must not rule a dusthana for the principle to apply. In the case of Jupiter, it does not matter. When they influence the seventh house or lord or Venus,
and/or the seventh lord or Venus falls in a positive house in a constellation owned by the Sun, Moon, Mars or Jupiter, it promotes the sense of being happily adjusted to marriage. Ideally, the seventh house, lord and Venus are also all free of major affliction, particularly combustion, planetary war and rashi sandhi (being at the very beginning or very end of a sign).,
Warmest Regards
Hock Leong
since as of now my marriage is what i am distressedly worried of , i find this post useful ,,, my sun , moon m mars r not ruling a dusthana ,, though my mars is posited in dusthana

venus falls in pisces ( owned by jup ) , hopefully i have a everlasting happy marriage ....
Jai Sita Ram !

gaurav1185

Post by gaurav1185 » 06 Jul 2012

Hi Khoo,

You have provided a good amount offormation on this thread.

I have a question..like you mentioned any planet will do good if it is 10th or 11th position from it house.
It will be great if you can also mention what will be result of a planet(good/bad) being in 2nd,3rd....12th from its house.

Regards,

ganeshgadag

Post by ganeshgadag » 06 Jul 2012

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Learned Members

I am setting a thread here which details some insights I or any forum member have (for the forum member it would be something that I read) which are generally not found in classics. I will update this thread as and when everytime I come across some insights I have. Even from internet sources, I find the logic quite acceptable, I will update it here as well.

(1) Generally it is better for Jupiter to be in Fixed or Cadent Houses than Kendras because firstly Jupiter is usually not strong in the Bhava where it is placed unless it has the support of Saturn in the backgroun and secondly if Jupiter is found in Fixed or Cardinal Houses, then AT LEAST one of Jupiter's trines would fall in a kendra which is auspicious and powerful.

(2) If a planet ruling a Bhava goes into the 4th from that Bhava, the LATTER Bhava would be totally under the control of the FORMER Bhava. This would mean if the LATTER Bhava is a Dusthana, the good effects are multiplied.

For example, like what R V Raman said, for a Libran Ascendant, if Jupiter goes into the 6th Bhava, the person is alsmost gurnateed foeless.

sir what is the effect of mercury in 12th bhava in virgo for libra ascendant ,will the above rule apply ??

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

amitns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amitns » 07 Jul 2012

hi khoo

is it true that if navama 9th lord were to go to 8th or 12th (in navamsa) it will delay the kicking in of the navamsa?

amit

ashcan2004
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ashcan2004 » 09 Aug 2012

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Learned Members

I am setting a thread here which details some insights I or any forum member have (for the forum member it would be something that I read) which are generally not found in classics. I will update this thread as and when everytime I come across some insights I have. Even from internet sources, I find the logic quite acceptable, I will update it here as well.

(1) Generally it is better for Jupiter to be in Fixed or Cadent Houses than Kendras because firstly Jupiter is usually not strong in the Bhava where it is placed unless it has the support of Saturn in the backgroun and secondly if Jupiter is found in Fixed or Cardinal Houses, then AT LEAST one of Jupiter's trines would fall in a kendra which is auspicious and powerful.

(2) If a planet ruling a Bhava goes into the 4th from that Bhava, the LATTER Bhava would be totally under the control of the FORMER Bhava. This would mean if the LATTER Bhava is a Dusthana, the good effects are multiplied.

For example, like what R V Raman said, for a Libran Ascendant, if Jupiter goes into the 6th Bhava, the person is alsmost gurnateed foeless.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Hi Hock,

A quick question related to Point 2.

For Capricorn ascendant, 4th house is house of mars. If mars is place from 4th house of its own house, that is in cancer in debilitated state and is the 7th house do we mean, 7th house is in control of 4th house?

is it correct to understand this way ?

ashu

sushan9e

Post by sushan9e » 10 Mar 2013

excellent read...not that i understood everything but i will continue to read this

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 15 Jan 2015

ashcan2004 wrote:

Hi Hock,

A quick question related to Point 2.

For Capricorn ascendant, 4th house is house of mars. If mars is place from 4th house of its own house, that is in cancer in debilitated state and is the 7th house do we mean, 7th house is in control of 4th house?

is it correct to understand this way ?

ashu
Hi khoo, please consider to answer this doubt above.
In the above case, 7th house comes under the control of 4th house.Is it more good or bad?

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 15 Jan 2015

This thread is very very informative though I find it difficult to understand some of your posts.
Will start reading it once again slowly to understand better as I was so curious to read everything at once :D