Combination of Mars and Saturn

For discussion on yogas (planetary combinations)
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor
Combination of Mars and Saturn

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 03 Jun 2012

I have read many articles related to combination of Saturn and Mars in same house.. Its often said that this is a tough combination..

Please let me know your thoughts. Shoud we take care these things while selecting a life partner ?
Last edited by rajatmalhotra2008 on 01 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Sujit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combination of Mars and Saturn

Post by Sujit » 03 Jun 2012

You are refering to this combination in your spouse's chart.

Regards
Sujit
http://astrologer.Sujit.tripod.com
If you have the right knowledge, EXACT predictions can be made. Astrology is an incredible tool for guidance and one should take note of the energies of changing dasa lords.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 03 Jun 2012

rajatmalhotra2008 wrote:I have read many articles related to combination of Saturn and Mars in same house.. People say that this is a very dangerous combination.. Such people may commit sucide or they destroy themself...

Please let me know your thoughts. Shoud we take care these things while selecting a life partner ?
Dear Rajat,

The Sa-Ma association, through conjunction, mutual aspect or mutual kendra with each other......is something to keep an eye on when reviewing any chart.
Sa-Ma....along with Mo-Me and Sa-Mo are associations that can be potential "chart spoilers".

Shani denotes law, order, discipline, slow, masses, servants........and Mars is dashing, reckless, aggressive, the warrior class.
putting them together is like bringing opposite poles together....creates repelling, explosive destructive energy.
Shani being cautious is worried of Mars..........Mars being reckless is ignorant of the powers of much stronger Shani.
And both being natural malefics.....when aggitated bring out the worst of their destructive forces...their i s aggression, violence, brutality associated with the outcome.
Deadly diseases, accidents, explosive emotional breaks....could be the worst-side outcomes, if the rest of the chart is bad(no mitigations)......and native is caught in the dasas /antaras......of shani-mangal......plus unfavorable transitory triggers......and if either or both of these are associated with dusthans....
Normally shani-mangal in rasi chart is indicative of some signifucant curses from the past lives carried forward. D60 should give a clue.

Readers should nor jump up with concern when they see a shani-mangal association..... because
As you can see probabilistically......so many of these adverse factors acting simultaneously....is rare.
Often rimes in normal charts......this will cause normal human issues.....because Often times there are mitigations>.....
Mitigations tihe adversity could be :

1) Swakshetra or Exaltation placement of Shani /and or Mangal.
2) Drishti of benefics
3) Strength (amsabala) of either of the planets in dasavarga charts.
4) avoidance of a trigger....i.e not hitting the unfavurable shani-mangal dasas or transits
5) High degree of separation between Mars-Saturn even when in conjunction or aspect

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 03 Jun 2012

Thanks a lot shilpa for such a thorough analysis

sekharn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sekharn » 03 Jun 2012

Shilpa ji & all respected learned members...

Thanks for a clear explanation about Saturn and Mars combination... In my chart (of Leo lagna) yogakaraka
Mars (4th & 9th lord) exalted in 6H of capricorn
Saturn ( 6th & 7th lord) debilitated in 9H of Aries
are in mutual aspect in 4-10 axis & also in parivartana with each other and both are in the same nakshatra of Lagna lord Sun which is exalted in 9H of Aries...
I am unable to assess its good/bad effect on me... will be helpful if the learned members can express their views about this...

DOB: 23-4-1971, 3pm, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh

Regards...
Sekharn...

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sekharn wrote:Shilpa ji & all respected learned members...

Thanks for a clear explanation about Saturn and Mars combination... In my chart (of Leo lagna) yogakaraka
are in mutual aspect in 4-10 axis & also in parivartana with each other and both are in the same nakshatra of Lagna lord Sun which is exalted in 9H of Aries...
I am unable to assess its good/bad effect on me... will be helpful if the learned members can express their views about this...

Regards...
Sekharn...

....Mangal exalted hence highly mitigate....shani is malefic though but in neecha bhanga.
..Shani is further mitigated, by ownership of a kendra (7th)....and placement in trinal house....the 9th, Dharmsthan.

..feb 2037 to Mar 2038...... the Ma_Sa period....health may flare up.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Post by navall » 03 Jun 2012

Dear Shilpa ji,
was going through ur post..i found that i produce al the combos u have mentioned..

6-5-1985, 16.15 ,ambala, haryana.

1. sat+ moon , sat retro, moon debillitated.
2. Aspect of Mars on sat nd moon.
3. Mars is in nak of moon, rohini.
4. Mars is highly malefic being 3rd nd 8th lord.
5. No benefic aspect on moon+ saturn.

Mitigations..

1. Aspect of jup on Mars.
2 Mars in 9th in best trine.
3 saturn in nak of benefic venus.
4 saturn nd moon are 12 deg apart,nd sat is retro too.
5 moon deb in 3rd nd lagna being strong.

Pls correct me ,where i m wrong.
Warm Regards,

Naval

mysticriver2003
Donor
Donor

Post by mysticriver2003 » 03 Jun 2012

shilpa wrote: Sa-Ma....along with Mo-Me and Sa-Mo are associations that can be potential "chart spoilers".

Normally shani-mangal in rasi chart is indicative of some signifucant curses from the past lives carried forward. D60 should give a clue.
Good Morning Shilpa ji,

I have all the above combinations :D

Sa-Ma ( Conjunction)
Mo-Me( Conjunction)
Saturn aspecting mercury and moon.

And, to add to it Ra and Mo in same Nakshatra.
Oh, and i was born on Amavasya.

Was i that badly cursed in my previous birth? I would certainly like to know more.

Been through Sa-Ma period, seen huge changes in my behavior, the way i looked at the world changed so much after that period.
explosive emotional breaks
Very much, i once actually shouted at my lecturer. She was treating us like kids, making us read from texts for the entire class. I used to travel 2 hours to reach college, and all she did was make us read. :|.. I could have done that sitting at my home. Though the entire class was annoyed with it no one ever took it to her.
But, one day it so happened that i put up a 'Bhagat Singh' kind of revolt from my side, she later asked me to get out of the class, i went out happily. Everyone wanted to me to say sorry. I didn't. I infact told her that what she was doing was completely wrong. Such kind of attitude was never seen before in me, may be the situation turned me on or something. But this was one of such instances.

Here are my details,

17th March 1988,
20:30
Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.

Regards,
Mysticriver
"Asatoma sadgamaya tamasoma jyotirgamaya mrtyorma amrtamgamaya"

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 03 Jun 2012

Hi Shilpaji,

Your description of Saturn-Mars combination is very appropriate.

I feel the house where they are placed and the houses they own also modifies the reading.

I would like to present the following chart for your observation -

14th Jan 1982, 12.12pm, New Delhi

In this chart, Mars is the Lagna ruler and placed in 6th, is vanquishing opposition, conflicts and rivals of the native. Mars also aspects the Lagna and hence, enhances the growth of the Lagna.

On the other hand, Saturn is diminishing the benefic powers of Mars, is increasing the 6th house conflicts and enemies of the native. Saturn also aspects an exalted Rahu in 3rd.

Hence, I feel Mars is benfic in this chart, while Saturn is malefic, though these 2 natural malefics are placed together in 6th house.

Some features of this native, in order to read the chart better -

Native has attained qualifications in computer technology 6 yrs ago from an average institution in India.

Having attained the degree, he started at small level in a small company and gained experience in his field. In March 2010 he opened his own company of IT services and became the owner of a company at the young age of 28 - he doesn't have a business family background and this has been his own effort.

He is going through Rahu Mahadasha and opened his company in Rahu-Saturn period.

He is very short-tempered - given by Mars aspect on its own Lagna?

He is also kind of innocent and easily manipulated by others - Mars and Jupiter aspect on the Lagna?

He is surrounded by people who pretend to be his friends, but manipulate him to derive their own advantage in his company and his subordinates seem to have more power than him, even though he owns the company -

Rahu Mahadasha, Rahu aspected by Saturn, Saturn increasing conflicts in 6th house and diminishing the curative powers of Mars in 6th?

Rahu exalted in 3rd aspected by Saturn has given him materialistic benefits in the form of a growing business, but it has given him betraying subordinates pretending to be his friends - this is a typical characteristic of Rahu Mahadasha.

Rahu here is being helped by Saturn, while Mars who can curb such activity has been cut down by Saturn.

His relationship ended in Rahu-Saturn-Jupiter period. He himself broke it - Rahu-Saturn brought an unstable and not very benefic relationship, which Jupiter broke for his own benefit?

Please see the Navansha here, which is very enlightening in this regard - see the 2nd house in relation to Jupiter!

Since the ending of this relationship, he has got in and out of 3 more relationships in 5 months! - A normal trait of Rahu Mahadasha, but Rahu's powers maximised by Saturn and at the same time, Mars becoming weakened, can't stop these events?

Besides, perhaps he would have fared much better if he had gone abroad 6 yrs ago, rather than by gaining experience in a small company and starting his own company in India - Rahu Mahadasha's misleading instincts operating here, heightened by Saturn's aspect on Rahu?

Thus, I'd say that Rahu Mahadasha has given him materialistic growth in his field, but seeing from a longer perspective, Rahu has made him follow a misleading professional path. Hence, this materialistic prosperity given by Rahu is not really benefic for him - normal trait of Rahu Mahadasha.

Rahu-Saturn have also surrounded him with false friends who manipulate him to their own advantage.

Rahu-Saturn also gave him a relationship, which Jupiter broke. In 1st glance, it looks as though Rahu-Saturn were benefic for his personal life and Jupiter is malefic, but looking closely, one realises that Rahu-Saturn brought him a relationship that was not benefic and Jupiter took this negative influence away from him. Hence, Jupiter has really protected him.

So, perhaps placement of Mars-Saturn in 6th makes Saturn malefic for him and Mars benefic. Hence, Mars needs to be strengthened and Saturn and Rahu need to be propitiated.

I would like to have your opinion in this matter.

thanks
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

navall wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,
was going through ur post..i found that i produce al the combos u have mentioned..

6-5-1985, 16.15 ,ambala, haryana.

1. sat+ moon , sat retro, moon debillitated.
2. Aspect of Mars on sat nd moon.
3. Mars is in nak of moon, rohini.
4. Mars is highly malefic being 3rd nd 8th lord.
5. No benefic aspect on moon+ saturn.

Mitigations..

1. Aspect of jup on Mars.
2 Mars in 9th in best trine.
3 saturn in nak of benefic venus.
4 saturn nd moon are 12 deg apart,nd sat is retro too.
5 moon deb in 3rd nd lagna being strong.

Pls correct me ,where i m wrong.

Dear Navall,

--since the subject is Sa-Ma....I will limit my observations to this only on this thread.......we will discuss Mo-Me and Sa-Mo another time.

--You do have Sa-Ma association......through 7-7 placement of each other.

--Sa owns 5th and 6th and is placed in the 3rd......trinal ownership of the 5th reduces some of it's maleficity.

--Ma owns 3rd and 8th and is placed in the 9th...the dharmsthan.

--So both are malefics with some mitigation throuhg associatons with houses 5 and 9.....further a weak Jupiter aspects Mars.

--Mar 2050 to May 2051 is when you will hit the Mars-Shani period...when health issues might show up...related to limbs ( arms or thighs).

Transitory triggers may occur in the interim.....butare difficuult to calculate on a quick glance and will not be majorly powerful unless coinciding with an anatara of Mars or shani.

So yours is a good case of a shani-Mangla association chart that is mitigated.

Regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mysticriver2003 wrote:
shilpa wrote: Sa-Ma....along with Mo-Me and Sa-Mo are associations that can be potential "chart spoilers".

Good Morning Shilpa ji,

I have all the above combinations :D

Sa-Ma ( Conjunction)
Mo-Me( Conjunction)
Saturn aspecting mercury and moon.

And, to add to it Ra and Mo in same Nakshatra.
Oh, and i was born on Amavasya.

Was i that badly cursed in my previous birth? I would certainly like to know more.

Been through Sa-Ma period, seen huge changes in my behavior, the way i looked at the world changed so much after that period.
explosive emotional breaks
Very much, i once actually shouted at my lecturer. She was treating us like kids, making us read from texts for the entire class. I used to travel 2 hours to reach college, and all she did was make us read. :|.. I could have done that sitting at my home. Though the entire class was annoyed with it no one ever took it to her.
But, one day it so happened that i put up a 'Bhagat Singh' kind of revolt from my side, she later asked me to get out of the class, i went out happily. Everyone wanted to me to say sorry. I didn't. I infact told her that what she was doing was completely wrong. Such kind of attitude was never seen before in me, may be the situation turned me on or something. But this was one of such instances.

Here are my details,

17th March 1988,
20:30
Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.

Regards,
Mysticriver

Dear MR,
--shani owns 4th and 5th....and Mars owns 2 and 7....both are conjunct in the 3rd house of social relationships and communications....but not in a very close degree

--Further Jupiter is apsecting the Sa-Ma combo.....hence there is plenty of mitigation.

--Inpsite you had an emotionally aggressive situation...an example of smaller version of damages this could cause.

--From Dec 2016 for about 2.5 years when transitory shani will cross the natal shani-mars...you may see similar emotionally explosive situations or minor health issues.
Thankfully that transit of shani will not conincide with an antara of shani or Mars.

regards

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Post by navall » 04 Jun 2012

Shilpa ji,

Thanx for ur analysis.
Warm Regards,

Naval

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 04 Jun 2012

Saindhavi wrote:Hi Shilpaji,

I feel the house where they are placed and the houses they own also modifies the reading.

Hi Saindhavi Ji,

There was a thread for 1979 born people in LOVA and all those born on this year has some similarities in their lives. The same stands for 1982 born people as well. I belong to this group along with many of my friends who are born on this year with Mars-Saturn combination, and all have mild/strong psychological mental disorder to say the least :D I also notice that:

1. All have breaks in their professional/educational career.
2. All seems to be born politician and consider themselves smartest in town :)
3. All have bought the "the so called misery" due to their wild/rash decisions. Though in most of the cases, they are now faring up well... by reverting their decision.
4. All has unrestrained energy( especially Retro Mars )

The 14th Jan chart you mentioned shares the same birth date with one of my school's best buddy. He somehow managed to complete his BE, then he went to Australia for further studies but involved in adultery, flunked and returned back to India. He is caged in his house now under supervision of his parents...last time I met him, he asked me for 20000 rupee to run away from his home..I declined for better.

Moreover, 14th Jan chart has marking similarity with my life as well. I left 2nd best IT company of the world to start my own Private Limited IT company. I was in US too with Mustang still parked in US garage..People say I'd been better off been in US. But that's the motto of Mars-Saturn guys - "Kuchh Paane ke liye kuchh khona padta hai" - No Gain without Pain. Nothing good comes easy in life.

I have both retro Mars-Saturn in 10th (Sag lagna - 2,3,5 and 12th L in 10th). With aspect of Exalted Venus from 4th (6th and 11th L) and by god's grace, Mars MD coming at 72.

Excess energy of mars doesn't mix up well with Slow moving Saturn....which creates lot of upheaval in life. I will post some more example. No dearth of it :D

Regards,
Abhishek

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 04 Jun 2012

Here are some 1982 born Mars-Saturn example:

Born 14-Jan-1982, Rewa, Time - don't know

1. This guy was wonderful in school, gradually declined in studies.
2. By God's grace and also by grace marks(4-5 times), managed to complete Grad school. Two times he saved himself from a year back due to grace marks offered by university.
3. Have ambition to become Bill gates one day.
4. Became Sex Addict later in life. His count of One Night Stand is equal to the count of slaps he got from girls. :D Went to australia for PG..Spent most of the time in strip club, flunked and returned.
5. His excess Mars Enargy made him go from Jabalpur to Hyderabad(To give GRE), then Hyderabad to Pune (Just to have a night with a girl) and then Pune to Jabalpur..that too in Boxer CT(Two wheeler). While returning from Pune, he went short of petrol and money near bhopal....Filled the tank in a petrol pump but fled away from there without giving money :roll:
6. Unfortunately, his vision(split eye vision) is now distorted...couldn't see properly..I consider him fighter but lost focus. May god restore his life.

Born 16 May 1982, Jabalpur, Time - Don't Know

1. Employed in Top IT company in India and was in france.
2. Left the company because he wanted to become Politician...So joined Politics Course .. Did his intern from Shiv Sena Party :D
3. After completing the course he got real hang of what the hell politics is...After lot of humility, he has joined IT company again.
5. Has a plan to join politics after gaining some weight :roll:

Born 15 July 1982, Rewa, Time: 23:58

1. Got selected in Engg after completion of school but joined BSC because of a one-sided secret love affair.
2. He proposed that girl after a year..Girl declined :( Joined engg again after studying a year more for the engg exam.
3. Joined and left Infosys after 4 years to appear for UPSC.
4. He wanted to become Law maker of india and join administrative service.
5. Gave 2 serious attempts(2years) for UPSC, flunked and now joined IT again.
6. Planning to give State PSC after getting married.

Conclusion: For such combination, I guess it is very important to channelize their energy in fruitful task and refrain from any sort of indecision. Life(Saturn) doesn't move in synch with the energy(Mars) they possess...which at the end leads to frustration and hence wild decisions.

sekharn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sekharn » 04 Jun 2012

shilpa wrote:
sekharn wrote:Shilpa ji & all respected learned members...

Regards...
Sekharn...

....Mangal exalted hence highly mitigate....shani is malefic though but in neecha bhanga.
..Shani is further mitigated, by ownership of a kendra (7th)....and placement in trinal house....the 9th, Dharmsthan.

..feb 2037 to Mar 2038...... the Ma_Sa period....health may flare up.

Regards
Thanks for the analysis Shilpa... I am quite relaxed due the mitigating factors...
but what could be the effect of parivartana between the both ie 6H &7H lord Sat and
the yogakaraka (4H&9H lord) Mars in (capricorn) 6-9 (Aries)axis... does it effect my overall 9th house matters...

Regards
Sekharn...

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 04 Jun 2012

Dear Saindhavi,

How was his period from say June 2009 to Nov 2011......health and career wise ?
Regards

Saindhavi wrote:Hi Shilpaji,

In this chart, Mars is the Lagna ruler and placed in 6th, is vanquishing opposition, conflicts and rivals of the native. Mars also aspects the Lagna and hence, enhances the growth of the Lagna.

On the other hand, Saturn is diminishing the benefic powers of Mars, is increasing the 6th house conflicts and enemies of the native. Saturn also aspects an exalted Rahu in 3rd.

Hence, I feel Mars is benfic in this chart, while Saturn is malefic, though these 2 natural malefics are placed together in 6th house.

Some features of this native, in order to read the chart better -

Native has attained qualifications in computer technology 6 yrs ago from an average institution in India.

Having attained the degree, he started at small level in a small company and gained experience in his field. In March 2010 he opened his own company of IT services and became the owner of a company at the young age of 28 - he doesn't have a business family background and this has been his own effort.

He is going through Rahu Mahadasha and opened his company in Rahu-Saturn period.

He is very short-tempered - given by Mars aspect on its own Lagna?

He is also kind of innocent and easily manipulated by others - Mars and Jupiter aspect on the Lagna?

He is surrounded by people who pretend to be his friends, but manipulate him to derive their own advantage in his company and his subordinates seem to have more power than him, even though he owns the company -

Rahu Mahadasha, Rahu aspected by Saturn, Saturn increasing conflicts in 6th house and diminishing the curative powers of Mars in 6th?

Rahu exalted in 3rd aspected by Saturn has given him materialistic benefits in the form of a growing business, but it has given him betraying subordinates pretending to be his friends - this is a typical characteristic of Rahu Mahadasha.

Rahu here is being helped by Saturn, while Mars who can curb such activity has been cut down by Saturn.

His relationship ended in Rahu-Saturn-Jupiter period. He himself broke it - Rahu-Saturn brought an unstable and not very benefic relationship, which Jupiter broke for his own benefit?

Please see the Navansha here, which is very enlightening in this regard - see the 2nd house in relation to Jupiter!

Since the ending of this relationship, he has got in and out of 3 more relationships in 5 months! - A normal trait of Rahu Mahadasha, but Rahu's powers maximised by Saturn and at the same time, Mars becoming weakened, can't stop these events?

Besides, perhaps he would have fared much better if he had gone abroad 6 yrs ago, rather than by gaining experience in a small company and starting his own company in India - Rahu Mahadasha's misleading instincts operating here, heightened by Saturn's aspect on Rahu?

Thus, I'd say that Rahu Mahadasha has given him materialistic growth in his field, but seeing from a longer perspective, Rahu has made him follow a misleading professional path. Hence, this materialistic prosperity given by Rahu is not really benefic for him - normal trait of Rahu Mahadasha.

Rahu-Saturn have also surrounded him with false friends who manipulate him to their own advantage.

Rahu-Saturn also gave him a relationship, which Jupiter broke. In 1st glance, it looks as though Rahu-Saturn were benefic for his personal life and Jupiter is malefic, but looking closely, one realises that Rahu-Saturn brought him a relationship that was not benefic and Jupiter took this negative influence away from him. Hence, Jupiter has really protected him.

So, perhaps placement of Mars-Saturn in 6th makes Saturn malefic for him and Mars benefic. Hence, Mars needs to be strengthened and Saturn and Rahu need to be propitiated.

I would like to have your opinion in this matter.

thanks

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 04 Jun 2012

abhishekdubey wrote:Here are some 1982 born Mars-Saturn example:

Born 14-Jan-1982, Rewa, Time - don't know

1. This guy was wonderful in school, gradually declined in studies.
2. By God's grace and also by grace marks(4-5 times), managed to complete Grad school. Two times he saved himself from a year back due to grace marks offered by university.
3. Have ambition to become Bill gates one day.
4. Became Sex Addict later in life. His count of One Night Stand is equal to the count of slaps he got from girls. :D Went to australia for PG..Spent most of the time in strip club, flunked and returned.
5. His excess Mars Enargy made him go from Jabalpur to Hyderabad(To give GRE), then Hyderabad to Pune (Just to have a night with a girl) and then Pune to Jabalpur..that too in Boxer CT(Two wheeler). While returning from Pune, he went short of petrol and money near bhopal....Filled the tank in a petrol pump but fled away from there without giving money :roll:
6. Unfortunately, his vision(split eye vision) is now distorted...couldn't see properly..I consider him fighter but lost focus. May god restore his life.

Born 16 May 1982, Jabalpur, Time - Don't Know

1. Employed in Top IT company in India and was in france.
2. Left the company because he wanted to become Politician...So joined Politics Course .. Did his intern from Shiv Sena Party :D
3. After completing the course he got real hang of what the hell politics is...After lot of humility, he has joined IT company again.
5. Has a plan to join politics after gaining some weight :roll:

Born 15 July 1982, Rewa, Time: 23:58

1. Got selected in Engg after completion of school but joined BSC because of a one-sided secret love affair.
2. He proposed that girl after a year..Girl declined :( Joined engg again after studying a year more for the engg exam.
3. Joined and left Infosys after 4 years to appear for UPSC.
4. He wanted to become Law maker of india and join administrative service.
5. Gave 2 serious attempts(2years) for UPSC, flunked and now joined IT again.
6. Planning to give State PSC after getting married.

Conclusion: For such combination, I guess it is very important to channelize their energy in fruitful task and refrain from any sort of indecision. Life(Saturn) doesn't move in synch with the energy(Mars) they possess...which at the end leads to frustration and hence wild decisions.

very illuminating examples and analysis....thanks for sharing

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 04 Jun 2012

Abhishek,

Thanks for all those interesting case studies from 1982, including your own!

Perhaps you can get the time of birth from the parents of your friend born on 14th of Jan. Then it will be better to read his chart.

As for the person whose chart I posted, he doesn't go for girls - he doesn't have to, because he happens to be much better looking than the average crowd and hence, girls run after him.

He does seem "not normal" in the sense that he remains secluded and keeps an invisible wall around him. He also alternates between quiet, sweet, innocent phases and outbursts of extreme, ruthless, illogical anger. But apart from this, I don't think he has any psychological problem.

And with his naive and easily manipulable character, I think he will make the worst politician of the world!
:D

But impractical decisions - yes, that's a trait he shares with you all!

Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

rajath25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajath25 » 04 Jun 2012

I too have SA-MA combination that too in the 7th house; and making it bad is the aspect of exalted 8th lord Venus for Pisces lagna. I too have explosive emotional flare-ups and during those times I am not in control of myself.

It does not stop there...I am running Ju-Ve period and again started SA transit over natal position (due to Saturn retrograde). Only GOD knows the problems that I have gone through in the last 2-3 years. Its been mostly related to relationships. I got married and had a lovely daughter as well; But truth be told, marriage is one of the worst decisions that I have ever taken in my life so far in hindsight.

Shilpa ji and other esteemed astrologers of this forum, please shed some light on this disastrous combination happening in the 7th house of my natal chart. I know I will be running SA dasha in about 5 years or so. but just the thought of it is so frightening. I wish I knew the sin that I committed which has brought upon this curse on me.

I suppose I am requesting for help in dealing with this horrible combination.

May 25th 1982, Gangavathi(also spelt as Gangawati), Karnataka, India (15°26′N 76°32′E),India- 2.35 AM

Regards
Rajath

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 04 Jun 2012

Shilpaji,

Dear Saindhavi,

How was his period from say June 2009 to Nov 2011......health and career wise ?
Regards

From June 2009 to March 2010 he was working in a small company - salary was not good and sometimes didn't get salary on time. Boss' behaviour was also not very good with all employees including him.

In March 2010 he established his own IT Company with 2 more people, who now wield more power than him in this company, eventhough he is the owner and they are under him - Lagna Lord Mars suppressed by Saturn in 6th the house?

Financially, this business steadily expanded till Nov 2011 and is still expanding, but he himself calls it a small company.

He built associates overseas, who brought him business from abroad, which was the main source of profit during this period i.e. till Nov 2011 - Rahu Mahadasha + Jupiter the ruler of 12th aspecting the Lagna + Mars the Lagna Lord aspecting 12th?

But his former employer and his wife interfere in his business too much and I don't know why he allows it - he says he respects them because they are senior. From March 2010 to Nov 2011 and even till now, these interferences, manipulations and petty politics have continued in his company.

Hence, financially his condition improved, but I'm not sure this can be called an improvement in the quality of life and career.

In last 2 months or so, since Rahu-Mercury started, there seems to be a slowdown in the business.

Astrologically, I have seen many cases of Rahu-Mercury including my own being bad for finances. I don't know th principle behind it.

But realistically, any business that is based on overseas contracts from Western countries especially the US will be in trouble now because overseas outsourcing from the West, especially the US is coming under rough weather now.

The way I see it is, that Rahu, helped by Saturn has taken him along this path and Mars suppressed by Saturn can't do anything about it.

The interesting part is that Jupiter too aspects Rahu and hence, perhaps Jupiter Mahadasha will take him to great heights, but he has to cross Rahu Mahadasha first, when Saturn will have an upper hand.

Health wise, he didn't have any major health problems, but he has steadily lost weight from August 2011 onwards. He also regularly complains of fever, cold and headache from time to time. These seem to be chronic problems with him.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

rajatmalhotra2008
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajatmalhotra2008 » 04 Jun 2012

Thanks a lot Shilpa Ji..

Nice to see this discussion went so far..
Last edited by rajatmalhotra2008 on 13 Jun 2012, edited 2 times in total.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 04 Jun 2012

The 1982 do bear a similar characteristic.

I know a native born on 29 Jan, 1982; mumbai.

Placement of planets is similar to 14th Jan charts.

The problem here is Mars - Saturn combination directly aspects Moon, which is placed in Meena. Ju faces a Kendra-adhipati dosha. The native is very naive and is extremely emotional. Native also suffered several breaks in his engg (Placement of Ju may be a problem here) but later somehow managed to get an exceptionally good job. 2009 - 2010 he saw a sudden jump in his career (IT) and got a raise of almost 60%. I realized Mars is controlled and is not all that bad in this chart. Native has gain wealth and property, which I believe is due to Mars placement.

The native is also very lazy (a last last last minute person) and very very very short - tempered. He also suffers a compromised self esteem and at times feels that people at work plot against him or speak ill behind his back. Has few friends and prefers a secluded life. Even though Moon is aspected by Mars and Saturn, I won't say he has psychological issues, I would say that he does exhibit intense emotions. Relationships with siblings and mother is strong and friendly however with father bears some issues (look at Sun's placement).

Ra/Ke are extremely benefic for the native. Rahu Kalam is his most luckiest period in the day. He has closed several deals/projects with ease during Rahu Kalam. Unfortunately his Ra dasha does not start till 2064. This is why I feel that the right dasha at the right time can change everything.

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 04 Jun 2012

Abhishek ,
Thanks for those examples !
Can you tell me the Lagna and moon sign (along with Nk of the first two examples) ?

I ask this because as per my observation Sa/Ma folks , find it very difficult to be political.
Forceful personalities - definitely yes , hotheads - sometimes yes , explosively emotional at times - yes , but political - no .

IMHO the political/womanizing traits are more dependent on the moon sign , the Nk of the moon , more than the Sa/Ma combo since those two fellows put the native in eternal turmoil. When will the guy have time to play politics ? :D ;)

A very good way to test charts would be to see charts of people who are 82 born and have either Sa or Ma as LL.
My 2 cents !!

Thanks and regards,
Spidey
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 05 Jun 2012

Saindhavi wrote:Abhishek,

Perhaps you can get the time of birth from the parents of your friend born on 14th of Jan. Then it will be better to read his chart.

Saindhvi ji,

I wanted to get the date of birth of my friend and discuss the chart here with possible remedies. I did not want to interfere in his family problem, which went out of the hand.

His family atmosphere has turned very suffocating with many restrictions on him; Last time I visited his house I felt like taking off my cloth and jump to swimming pool, it was so suffocating with constant bickering from his relatives.

His problem stems from his family. He is the only boy born in his joint family. He has 8 sister (including cousin as well) with no brother. His parents are insecure of loosing his only son, thus insisted him to be with family. I remember the way he used to go awry with a single sarcastic remark from his relatives(who are jealous of him being only boy) and thus he developed hidden inferiority for no reason. He lost focus in order to prove his point to the world. I will try to get his details. Mars-Saturn conjunct with Moon on 14th Jan 1982.

Saindhavi wrote:And with his naive and easily manipulable character, I think he will make the worst politician of the world!
The chart of the guy you shared has Guru-chandal yoga in axis of desire(3-7 house). Jupiter and Rahu are aspecting each other and also involved in nakshatra parivartan. Moreover, Rahu is 9th from Jupiter. This stand true for most the Mars-Saturn born people in 1982. All have Guru-Chandal yoga thru nk parivartan and mutual aspect. And trust me these people might seems to be easily manipulated but they are not. They can very well act immorally unless there isn't mitigating factors. No matter what employee under him says or dictate...Being the owner, he will always have the authority to speak the last word :)

Saindhavi wrote:But impractical decisions - yes, that's a trait he shares with you all!
Actually the word like these create even more havoc on the life of these already frustrated soul :) I heard life isn't easy for those who dream....There are many successful politician, successful entreprenuer, successful IAS etc. These people actually listen these words from one ear and let go from another. :D

Anjaneya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anjaneya » 05 Jun 2012

[quote="spidey"]Abhishek ,
I ask this because as per my observation Sa/Ma folks , find it very difficult to be political.
Forceful personalities - definitely yes , hotheads - sometimes yes , explosively emotional at times - yes , but political - no .

IMHO the political/womanizing traits are more dependent on the moon sign , the Nk of the moon , more than the Sa/Ma combo since those two fellows put the native in eternal turmoil. When will the guy have time to play politics ? :D ;)

Spidey,

I never intend to mean that Mars-Saturn are womanizer. Just quoted 14th Jan example.

BTW, Bold line above aptly describes Mars-Saturn combo.... Since 82 born has pretty strong Guru-Chandal... one of the political trait :)