Divorce, remarriage and extramarital affairs

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Divorce, remarriage and extramarital affairs

Post by shilpa » 10 Jan 2012

Marriage, marital issues, divorce, separation and remarriage are areas of bigges human distress, interest and curiosity......as Sigmund Freud told us...Sex is the fundamental driver of human behavior.
And we see that that's most active sub-segment of this forum also.

we examine below, what causes divorce.....and how to identify possibilities of re-marriage.
References and acknowledgments-- are various books, classical dictums, Barbara Pijan, journal of astrology and Saptrishi articles, significant inputs from senior member.... and all validated / delineated to the extent of my understanding and experiences.

All members are welcome add additional validated parameters on this subject ( not mere dictums read somewhere).

The cultural/ moral values for the examination are modern Indian.

Divorce:

1) The agents of divorce are genrealy Mangal, Rahu and Ket. If these are malefic for the chart.... and associated with the houses and/or karak of marriage in rasi and/or navamsa with enough severity...and accentuated by a trigger( explained later in detail) which is generally a dasa/ anatra and / or a transit.....they invoke a divorce.

sometimes native has enough free-will and benefic support elsewhere in the chart to fight these divorce agents and many time not.

2) Shani.....contrary to some misperceptions is NOT a divorce agent on his own.
Shani dev will run your nose in the ground, trouble, torment, make you feel clipped and choked and bend and beat you completely into submission.....but not BREAK you on his own.
His objective is not to break.... but to take the body through pains without breaking..... and cleanse the soul.

Other planets if afflicted and associated with marriage might give various types of troubles in marriage but not divorce IMO.

3) Triggers for Divorce:
If the agents of divorce (item-1)are at work...the following triggers must be kept in mind:

a) periods of 8th Lord or planet seated in the 8th or transits of divorce agents through 8th house....may throw up the divorce like situation..such as an exposition of an affair or a major fight / disagreement firming the decision in the mind of partners for a divorce.

b) 12th is the house of destruction and losses( to self) and 6th is the 12th from the 7th.
Periods of lords of 6/12 or planets seated in 12th/ 6th and/ or transits of divorce agents through the 6/12 may be when the physical / legal separation occurs.
Because the execution of a divorce is a loss/ destruction of marriage and also self.

4) Second marriage:

there are more than one theories but the ones that make senses to me and validated are:

a) 2nd house is the primary house for second marriage.....as it is 8th (house of death) from the 7th.
So the 2nd marriage is pretty much the death of the first marriage legally or emotionally or sexually.

b)A strong second house will give a second marriage easily after a divorce.
Even in the absence of a legal divorce......a marriage like strong relationship of having a mistress or 2nd wife is indicated by the second house.

So if there are strong divorce agents at work....
and even if there are no divorce agents at work but the main marriage house/ lords / karaks are severely afflicted and 2nd house is strong a second marriage like relationship is a possibility.

bear in mind this is an indicator...and many other factors are at work. So don't jump up merely at seeing a strong 2nd house....but rather take it as preliminary evidence to investigate more.

5) Multiple relations / Extramarital relations:

This is an area that is more in the domain of morality than a troubled first marriage.

People are amorous, immoral, flirtatious, have strong and afflicted Kaam Trikons..... read article The Kaam Trikon--Axis of (Evil?) desire for more details on this forum

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... aam+trikon

Symptoms below may be indicative of 2nd / multiple marriages or extramarital / multiple relationships...depending upon whether it is the troubled/ afflicted first marriage or an afflicted Kaam Trikon / morality standards that is causing them:

a) Multiple planets in the 7th house
b) Planets conjunct with the 7th Lord
c) Planets conjunct with Venus
d) Two or more planets in the 11th house.

6) Sex in marriages and relationships:
regardless of whether it is the first marriage of the second.......extra-marital affair or an amorous fling.......the physical sexual part of the relationship is always governed by the 7th and the 12th houses IMO.
More detailed discussion on this subject is on this thread here:
http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... t=Celibacy

Regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

kaalika
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Divorce, remarriage and extramarital affairs

Post by kaalika » 10 Jan 2012

Very informative write up Shilpa ji!! :)
Just wanted to share a little info..

If the 7th lord is sitting in the 10th house along with the 2nd lord then the person has strong chances of having an extra marital affair.

Thanks,
Kaalika
Its a start ...

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

kaalika wrote:Very informative write up Shilpa ji!! :)
Just wanted to share a little info..

If the 7th lord is sitting in the 10th house along with the 2nd lord then the person has strong chances of having an extra marital affair.

Thanks,
Kaalika
Dear Kaalika,
thank you...looks like you know a person having an extramarital affair and have seen his / her chart ;)

wondering if yoy can post the details so that we can look at th complete chart and benefit from it .
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

jasonb0709
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jasonb0709 » 10 Jan 2012

Dear Shipla-ji,

> Shani.....contrary to some misperceptions is NOT a divorce agent on his own.
> but not BREAK you on his own

My first marriage is broken in Saturn/Saturn/Saturn (Divorce started in Nov-2008 (when Shani started and finalized in April-2009). DOB: March 5th-1971. 2:16 AM. Vijayawada (AP, India)

There has been no 2nd marriage so far. Possibility eludes me. Analyzing as per your statements:

I have got Venus in the 2nd house. Is that supporting or not? Further Venus is exalted in Navamsa, in the 9th house - Plus? Granted, the 2nd lord is debilitated. (there is cancellation and he is in 5th - is that mixed ? I mean 2nd lord being in 5th - that's a plus?). I heard of a rule that says "If a planet is aspecting its own house - it strengthens it". Is that correct?

The sign in the 7th from Venus is Cancer with Moon in 5th, exalted and aspected by Jupiter. Plus?

Could you please elaborate on this? How to analyze from 2nd house.

Thanks,
Jason

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jasonb0709 wrote:Dear Shipla-ji,

> Shani.....contrary to some misperceptions is NOT a divorce agent on his own.
> but not BREAK you on his own

My first marriage is broken in Saturn/Saturn/Saturn (Divorce started in Nov-2008 (when Shani started and finalized in April-2009). DOB: March 5th-1971. 2:16 AM. Vijayawada (AP, India)

There has been no 2nd marriage so far. Possibility eludes me. Analyzing as per your statements:

I have got Venus in the 2nd house. Is that supporting or not? Further Venus is exalted in Navamsa, in the 9th house - Plus? Granted, the 2nd lord is debilitated. (there is cancellation and he is in 5th - is that mixed ? I mean 2nd lord being in 5th - that's a plus?). I heard of a rule that says "If a planet is aspecting its own house - it strengthens it". Is that correct?

The sign in the 7th from Venus is Cancer with Moon in 5th, exalted and aspected by Jupiter. Plus?

Could you please elaborate on this? How to analyze from 2nd house.

Thanks,
Jason

hello jason.

let's break down you chart and query and review in smaller parts:

1)7th lord Me is in house of shani... is combust and malefic

2) debilitated shani's 3rd drishti is on the house of marriage

3)those two factors( 1 and 2) would cause tremendous trauma in marriage, weakening it but not necesarily divorec...but let's see if the agents of divorce are at work:

4)Mangal is conjunt with Asc. and aspecting the 7th house...and Ket in the nakshatra of combust Me is sitting in the 8th house of congugal bliss.

so you can see that the divorce agents are at work.

5)the trigger for divorce occured when malefic Ketu, the karak for separation and detachment was transitting over natal Ketu in the 8th house..... in the period between Nov 2008-April 2009.

6) and the divorce event occured when the protective umbrella of even a moderate planets dasa/ anatar was missing was missing. you were running weakest planet and biggest malefic debilitated shani's periods...and hence most vulnerable to the attack of divorce agents.

7)the second marriage is seen from 2nd house whihc is afflicted by Rahu..and althouhg conjunction is the source of primary strengt for Rahu...it loses secondary strength by sitting in the Nakshatra of Mars....making second marriage not easy per the Rasi chart.

8] However Navamsa offers hope as the second lord sun is exalted, and venus is also exlated...but you have to wait for the right period for favourable situations to develop...the venus anatara followed by sun AD from 2015 to 2019 will be the slot, where 2nd marriage possibilities should arise.
However conjugal / phsyical bliss in the second marriage might be limited.

regards

jasonb0709
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jasonb0709 » 10 Jan 2012

Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for the reply. Which software are you using? Many professional astrologers are putting Rahu in 3rd house. It depends on whether one is using mean-node or true-node. I think people are divided in their views. He is right on the marker.

Could you please comment on the strength of Venus being in the 2nd house?

Best regards,
Jason

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jasonb0709 wrote:Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for the reply. Which software are you using? Many professional astrologers are putting Rahu in 3rd house. It depends on whether one is using mean-node or true-node. I think people are divided in their views. He is right on the marker.

Could you please comment on the strength of Venus being in the 2nd house?

Best regards,
Jason

i use jhora and mean nodes.
Venus in 2nd in the house of shani is not bad on it's own...but conjunction with Rahu puts the 2nd mrriage on the ra-ket axis.
neverthless you will certainly have mariital possibilities when the Venus AD arrives

Vedavalli

Post by Vedavalli » 10 Jan 2012

I am a newbie to astrology, but here are my observations, based on analyzing a few charts (first marriage known to have ended and / or mistress / lover has been acknowledged) :

1. Afflicted Venus in a dual house (Mithuna, Kanya, Dhanur & Meena) or in the 12th house (house of secrets, house of 'sayana sukham' etc). Multiple planets with Venus seem to make the native sensuous in nature, but if this combination occurs in a dual house or in the 12th house, it seems to incline the native to actually give in to temptations & to indulge in numerous liaisons.

2. Mars with Venus, or Mars - Venus parivarthana, or Mars opposite Venus in ANY house, but most especially in the houses ruled by Mars, or the dual houses (Mithuna, Kanya, Dhanur & Meena). Mangala seems to provide an aggressive edge to the native's sensuality, enabling him or her to actually pursue amorous dalliances, instead of merely contemplating about them.

3. Afflictions to the Moon by Rahu or by Mars. Works similar to afflictions of Venus, but the difference is that this may result in 'affairs of the heart' where sex is not involved (emotional affairs or online affairs).

4. This is the only indicator that I read about a few years ago (not sure where I read it, though) that I am unsure of : Moon in Mesha in a female's horoscope, aspected by Sukra. Supposedly, this indicates that the native and her mother are both of questionable morals. Maybe one of the more learned astrologers can clarify this one ?

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Vedavalli wrote:I am a newbie to astrology, but here are my observations, based on analyzing a few charts (first marriage known to have ended and / or mistress / lover has been acknowledged) :

1. Afflicted Venus in a dual house (Mithuna, Kanya, Dhanur & Meena) or in the 12th house (house of secrets, house of 'sayana sukham' etc). Multiple planets with Venus seem to make the native sensuous in nature, but if this combination occurs in a dual house or in the 12th house, it seems to incline the native to actually give in to temptations & to indulge in numerous liaisons.

2. Mars with Venus, or Mars - Venus parivarthana, or Mars opposite Venus in ANY house, but most especially in the houses ruled by Mars, or the dual houses (Mithuna, Kanya, Dhanur & Meena). Mangala seems to provide an aggressive edge to the native's sensuality, enabling him or her to actually pursue amorous dalliances, instead of merely contemplating about them.

3. Afflictions to the Moon by Rahu or by Mars. Works similar to afflictions of Venus, but the difference is that this may result in 'affairs of the heart' where sex is not involved (emotional affairs or online affairs).

4. This is the only indicator that I read about a few years ago (not sure where I read it, though) that I am unsure of : Moon in Mesha in a female's horoscope, aspected by Sukra. Supposedly, this indicates that the native and her mother are both of questionable morals. Maybe one of the more learned astrologers can clarify this one ?

dear vedavilli,

thanks you for your very experiences written with such clarity.

regards

Vel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vel » 10 Jan 2012

shilpa ji,
If you need few example charts for Divorce and Remarriage -- I can give you few. :D

(1) January 8th, 1969 Madurai TN 12:48:12
(2)August 28th, 1963 Karaikudi TN 20:56

I can give you more information who got divorce/remarried/etc.. later. :D
Thanks Vel

jemsmiles
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jemsmiles » 10 Jan 2012

Shilpa ji,
I have one query.

For first marriage we consider 7th house and its lord as well.
Should we consider 2nd house and its lord also for predicting marital bliss?

How to analyse whether the second marriage will be a success or not?

How to analyse subsequent marriages (i.e. 3rd, 4th marriage)?

Regards,
Jems

Vedavalli

Post by Vedavalli » 10 Jan 2012

Jems,

To determine if second marriage would be successful, one would need to analyze the 2nd house (as it is 8th from 7th house) and the lord of the 2nd house. To predict prospects for the third marriage, one needs to consider the 8th house from the 2nd house, which would be the 9th house, and it's lord, the 9th lord. For each subsequent marriages, consider the 8th houses and their lords, thereof.

Generally, to determine success of the first marriage in a man's chart, also take into account Sukra, in addition to the 7th lord. For a second marriage in a man's chart, one should analyze the graha that is yuti with Sukra or in some aspect to Sukra. For subsequent marriages, the lords of the house indicating that marriage need to be considered, with Sukra continuing to play a minor role (Sukra mostly rules the first wife in a male chart).

In a woman's chart, the first husband is represented by Guru, and the second husband by Sani. So these grahas need to be free of affliction to indicate successful marriages.

Generally speaking, afflicted Sukra in a male chart, & afflicted Guru in a female chart, indicates poor marital prospects.

nits
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nits » 10 Jan 2012

Hi shilpaji,

There is a cousin,who is divorced around 3 years ago.The strange thing is he did a love marriage but it remained only for a year.I dont have exact dates of marriage and divorce.Currently looking for a new girl.please look at the chart to find his remaariage prospects.Thanks.

DOB - 27.11.1976
Time - 22.10 hrs
Place - Raipur(c.g.) lat - 21N16 lon - 81E42

Regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jemsmiles wrote:Shilpa ji,
I have one query.

For first marriage we consider 7th house and its lord as well.
Should we consider 2nd house and its lord also for predicting marital bliss?

yes the happiness of the marriage and success will depend on the strengt of 2nd house and 2nd lord

How to analyse whether the second marriage will be a success or not?

How to analyse subsequent marriages (i.e. 3rd, 4th marriage)?

8th from the 2nd will be the 3rd marriage...whihc is the 9th house
and 8th from 9th...i.e the 4th will be the 4th marriage

Regards,
Jems

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 11 Jan 2012

nits wrote:Hi shilpaji,

There is a cousin,who is divorced around 3 years ago.The strange thing is he did a love marriage but it remained only for a year.I dont have exact dates of marriage and divorce.Currently looking for a new girl.please look at the chart to find his remaariage prospects.Thanks.

DOB - 27.11.1976
Time - 22.10 hrs
Place - Raipur(c.g.) lat - 21N16 lon - 81E42

Regards

--dates would have been helpful to validate the AD and more specifically transits at work during the divorce.

--2nd Lord in Rasi is sun placed in a friendly sign in the 5th house of Romance in rasi....so anoterh romantic affair is possible.

the 2nd house in navamsa is weak becaise of debilitated Jupiter debilitated...implying there may not be perfect happiness

--and the second marriage may not be before the Me period in the shani MD.

regards

jemsmiles
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jemsmiles » 11 Jan 2012

Vedavalli wrote:Jems,

To determine if second marriage would be successful, one would need to analyze the 2nd house (as it is 8th from 7th house) and the lord of the 2nd house. To predict prospects for the third marriage, one needs to consider the 8th house from the 2nd house, which would be the 9th house, and it's lord, the 9th lord. For each subsequent marriages, consider the 8th houses and their lords, thereof.

Generally, to determine success of the first marriage in a man's chart, also take into account Sukra, in addition to the 7th lord. For a second marriage in a man's chart, one should analyze the graha that is yuti with Sukra or in some aspect to Sukra. For subsequent marriages, the lords of the house indicating that marriage need to be considered, with Sukra continuing to play a minor role (Sukra mostly rules the first wife in a male chart).

In a woman's chart, the first husband is represented by Guru, and the second husband by Sani. So these grahas need to be free of affliction to indicate successful marriages.

Generally speaking, afflicted Sukra in a male chart, & afflicted Guru in a female chart, indicates poor marital prospects.
Thanks for your reply, Vedavalli .

Regards,
Jems

jemsmiles
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jemsmiles » 11 Jan 2012

Shilpa ji,
I have exalted mars in lagna with 7th lord moon, aspecting 7th house,
Apart from that mars in involved in parivartana with saturn, and saturn's third aspect is on moon which is 7th lord.

Jupiter is in 2nd house, aquarious (being female i do not need to check venus.)
Please predict about my marriage and married life.

Following is my birth data.

11-10-1986
14:45
Morvi, gujarat

Regards,
Jems

Vel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vel » 11 Jan 2012

Vel wrote:shilpa ji,
If you need few example charts for Divorce and Remarriage -- I can give you few. :D

Thanks Vel
These are the chart of a (1) wife and a (2) husband.
They got divorced after 21 years of marriage.
marriage date Feb 12, 1987
Separation date Feb 6,2008
Divorce date Nov 15, 2008 (officially by court)
Husband got married again June 2009

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Apart from that mars in involved in parivartana with saturn, and saturn's third aspect is on moon which is 7th lord.

11-10-1986
Morvi, gujarat

Regards,
Jems
dear jems,
--mars is exalted and aspects the 7th house....positive drishti.

--Venus the marriage karak, is in own house in the 10th

--Rahu in the Nakshatra of Me positive for the chart,aspects the 7th house

--7th lOrd Mars is positive in the house of Jupiter.... in navamsa & conjunct with Rahu. Venus is also in his own house

on teh subject of the thread.......no divorce like situations are visible......and a positive Rahu's foot prints indicate a "love" marriage

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Vel wrote:

Thanks Vel

thanks you for the details:

let's look at the problem factors in the marriage:

--Marriage Karak Venus is in the 6th house and is badly combust. Moon the lord of the house of Romance is debilitated. A marriage low on romance and lacking emotional compatibility.

--Navamsa also shows a combust Venus....shani innimical in the house of marrige, aspected by another enemey Moon....bitter relationships full of stresses.

the above may have made the life emotionally and romantically incompatible....but wouldn't have broken...but for the divorce agent Mars's impact.
Mars is sitting bang in the 7th house of enemy Mercury conjunct with bitter enemy Me

--The divorce itself took place during the debilitated Moon's MD and malefic Ketu's AD ( Ketus is in the Nk of combust Venus)

spearation initiated when Mars was aspecting the 7th house in transit.

--the 2nd marriage came in the AD of Venus.....but I doubt if the 2nd marriage would bring any execptional happiness.

regards

Vel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vel » 11 Jan 2012

Thanks shilpa ji,
Yes, I see what you are saying. But, did you see the Ju (own house) in lagna aspecting 7th house. Sa , Su, Me (exalated) all in own house.

They had two kids. (both the kids have no connection with the father, and father doesn't want any connection with the kids.)

What about the wife's chart ?

Vel

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Vel wrote:Thanks shilpa ji,
Yes, I see what you are saying. But, did you see the Ju (own house) in lagna aspecting 7th house. Sa , Su, Me (exalated) all in own house.

They had two kids. (both the kids have no connection with the father, and father doesn't want any connection with the kids.)

What about the wife's chart ?

Vel
dear Vel,

--that said native must have strongly desired separation

--and even when desired, divorce is possible only if a strong divorce agent is at work.

-It is true....inspite of the problems in the chart....the drishti of Jup from own house and an exalted 7th Lord would not make one predict a divorce.
I would have certainly not prdeicted divorce but marital problems and remedies if I hadn't know the outcome.

Astrologers MUST be extremely careful with their words....because many time our predictions set up desires ans thouhgts in the minds of the natives.

It might be jest for some, learning for most astrologers on forum(s)....but for the native sometime these statements from astrologers can become life changing.

i will look at the woman's chart also

regards

shiranffs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shiranffs » 11 Jan 2012

Last edited by shiranffs on 03 Nov 2012, edited 2 times in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Vel wrote:

Thanks Vel

the woman's chart:

--she also has Mars in the 7th house and rather innimical.

--7th lord and karak of marriage Venus is well placed.

--In the Navamsa 7th Lord is again Mars..and is exalted in the 9th, conjunct with friednly Venus.

--so the Rasi chart was problematic because of Mars.....in navamsa Mars is providing positive energies to marriage.
It is a better chart for marriage and giving more to the relationship than the husband IMO.

--the divorce took place during the Mars MD and suns Anatara...but more importantly when the transitory Mars was crossing the natal Mars in the 7th house.

again if the divorce agents are not at work ( in this case they were working on both sides).. and there is not a desire for separation ( I am sure there was a desire for separation on part of husband as he married immediately afterwards)........then divorce may not necessarily occur inspite of a highly afflicted marriage chart
regards

jemsmiles
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jemsmiles » 13 Jan 2012

shilpa wrote:

11-10-1986
Morvi, gujarat

Regards,
Jems
dear jems,
--mars is exalted and aspects the 7th house....positive drishti.

--Venus the marriage karak, is in own house in the 10th

--Rahu in the Nakshatra of Me positive for the chart,aspects the 7th house

--7th lOrd Mars is positive in the house of Jupiter.... in navamsa & conjunct with Rahu. Venus is also in his own house

on teh subject of the thread.......no divorce like situations are visible......and a positive Rahu's foot prints indicate a "love" marriage

regards
Thanks shilpa ji,
I was worried because I thought aspect of RAHU is always Negative, apart from that saturn also aspects moon with 3rd drishti so I also thought that it is negative factor.

Regards,
Jems