To elope or not to elope

Questions about marriage and relationships.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
DhoomDhoom
Contributor
Contributor
Re: To elope or not to elope

Post by DhoomDhoom » 18 Dec 2011

Narayan wrote:
Now, coming to your lover's horoscope, it is he who has Kala Sarpa Yoga and not you. There is chances of he eloping with you, but I would recommend not getting married as there are high chances that marriage will only be short-lived and also there are bound to be fights every now and then. It his D-9 or Navamasha which is supporting his marriage life to a certain extent, but then, he cannot sustain beyond a point. There is a high chance and probability of he loosing interest in a married relationship after certain time if he is not already.

He also cannot raise up to your expectations of a husband and he will not be able to put mind at matter when required.

Your case is also not vice versa. Especially that 7th and 8th lord saturn with Gk, Saturn, and Mars in second house is not at all recommended with your 7th house Kethu.

So, I would not recommend marriage with ur boyfriend.

Regards

Narayanan
The boy IS going to get married around April 2012, either to me, or to the girl of his father's choice. Do u mean to say his marital life will be short-lived and he will face divorce even if he marries the girl of his father's choice? Or he will just lose interest in marital life, but won't untie the sacred knot if he marries according to his father? (Somebody higher up in this forum said he may get divorced in September 2012).

----DhoomDhoom

DhoomDhoom
Contributor
Contributor

del
Last edited by DhoomDhoom on 23 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

DhoomDhoom
Contributor
Contributor

Sujit wrote:Dhoom,
My valuable 2 cents. Interesting. Your ascendant is followed by his ascendant. In your chart dragon's tail Ketu has swallowed your 4th house causes delay and obstacles in happy married life. Sun in 12th is good for profession & fame but not for your relationships like marriage.
Current time is also unfavorable for profession and stay in foreign. Being argumentative is not helpful. There would be changes / obstacles related to your stay, home and job in coming months.
Appreciate your feedback in future.

Regards
Sujit

Yes Sujit you are correct, I am in foriegn land now. I am at Arizona, USA for the past 2 months on a project assignment. Plan to return India after two months but not sure. So truely speaking, chances of our eloping seems less, as his father is regularly pressing him to finalize his marriage-date with the girl of his father's choice.
But I don't yet see any problem/obstacle related to my profession or stay in foreign. My academic and professional life has been rocking, ALWAYS.

But it seems nobody is making any concrete prediction about my family-life: "When can I get married, if at all? What will be the profession, family-background, economic condition, etc of my husband? And will I have a healthy baby since I am getting no younger with each passing day?
But if I am unable to get married, will my initiative of adopting a baby end in success
?"

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 19 Dec 2011

Total Guna Milan: 32 Out of 36
Both have 'Low Mangal Dosha'.

Conclusion: This Marriage Is Preferable
For Cancer Lagna and Leo Lagna Mars is Yogakarka , so no Magngal Doasha for both the Lagna. KL of Girl is Kanya and Boy is Dhanu, both aspecting each other, a very positive point. Dasha of Boy is of Venus in Cancer, the Lagna sign of girl and dasha of girl is of Moon the Lagna sign of Boy, another very positive point. Regards
Last edited by anuradha on 19 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 19 Dec 2011

by DhoomDhoom » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 pm
Total Guna Milan: 32 Out of 36
Both have 'Low Mangal Dosha'.
Conclusion: This Marriage Is Preferable.
Dear dhoom Dhoom,
I am sorry. It is my mistake and lack of knowledge that I was not able help you. You are right, These systems dont work at all. Forget the Kerala system, the Tamilnadu system, or the actual Guna Milan system. With 32 points, There is no way other than this marriage being Preferable. please go ahead and get married to him.

Best regards
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

felix1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by felix1 » 19 Dec 2011

Astroboy Ji,

Thanks for the link to the software.
astroboy wrote: You are right, These systems dont work at all.
I'm quite surprised that both the systems' results are totally opposite here. 10 porutham is the dominant system in TN. The lack of Rajju is considered a serious defect in that system. Makes one wonder if we should go by compatibility matching at all when there is so much of variance! How do you appraise either of them to come to a conclusion on what works?

Thanks!

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 19 Dec 2011

DhoomDhoom wrote:@subramanianp
My boyfriend and "sanyasa"??!!! Hehehe.....you made me laugh!! Why would the only handsome son of a rich businessman practice sanyasa?? Girls are ready to die for him!! He too is extremely keen to settle down within early/middle 2012. His marriage is also almost finalized......I am ready to accept that he won't marry me, but can't accept your comment that he is less inclined towards married life.

@All
Can anyone say what will be the education, profession, family-background, economic condition, etc of my husband if at all I can ever get married? And will I have a healthy baby since I am getting no younger with each passing day?
But if I am really unable to get married, will my initiative of adopting a baby end in success?

Thanks.
Dear DhoomDhoom,
What i said i mean it.
The word PRAVRAJA is the apropriate word and SANYASA is the nearly matching word to it.
Even though a person gets married he will be observing PRAVRAJA if the yoga is there in his chart.
Apparently you feel that the native is leading a family life but reality will be somthing else.
I request to read BPHS or Varaha Hora for more details please.
I repeat the yoga is there in the chart and it will get triggered at the appropriate time.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dinesh.Srivastava » 19 Dec 2011

@ DhoomDhoom :

Did you ask any Astrologer before FALLING - IN - LOVE ??? ..... If Not .... Then Why are you asking Astrologers Before FOLLOWING - LOVE ???

Regards
--- Dinesh
LIVE - INTENSELY ..... ..... LOVE - IMMENSELY

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 19 Dec 2011

Dear Dhoom Dhoom:

"The boy IS going to get married around April 2012, either to me, or to the girl of his father's choice. Do u mean to say his marital life will be short-lived and he will face divorce even if he marries the girl of his father's choice? Or he will just lose interest in marital life, but won't untie the sacred knot if he marries according to his father? (Somebody higher up in this forum said he may get divorced in September 2012)."

When Ramananji has said he may get divorced, isnt it enough for you? I used the word short-lived according to my discretion, but then it all has the same meaning. There is indication for that in the chart and that's what I said. If you keep stressing, what can I say? Rest is all in almighty's wish. These things cannot be told, it will be like this or it will be like that. Everything depends.

Ohfo! Dhoom-Dhoom, please read subramanianji's explanation. Since, there is such a yoga in boy's chart, even if he gets married, he might loose interest at appropriate time and wont be able to be same man as what he was previously, hence affecting a married relationship. Most of the time, the chances are that he might not be able to function as a husband up to your expectations in case such a thing happens and hence providing strength and stability to a relationship. Do not you think it is enough? Definitely after that, he can't be as what he was earlier, that's all i can say.

Sanyasa does not mean wearing a saffron cloth and going and sitting in forest. It has no such meaning.

Dhoom-Dhoom, Sanyasa is not about practicing like taking lessons and reading some books. It is an experience which happens to one and it is felt within one wherever he/she is whereby one transcends all aspects including mind. You wont be able to understand it no matter whatever I may say unless and until you experience.

There is no such thing that a person who does have bunglaows, cars, and a millionaire will not experience Sanyasa because it is the decision of the almighty. It can happen to anybody at any given time. Especially, when such a yoga is there, all one can say is there are chances for that.

I hope you understand. You can decide as you wish, but I will only say one thing, always think twice before taking a decision as it is your life or the other girls life with him if she is the one who is going to marry him.

Even if the chart is matched, then also whatever is there in his horoscope does not get cancelled.

Regards

Narayanan

astroboy
Donor
Donor

by felix1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Astroboy Ji,
astroboy wrote:
You are right, These systems dont work at all.
I'm quite surprised that both the systems' results are totally opposite here. 10 porutham is the dominant system in TN. The lack of Rajju is considered a serious defect in that system. Makes one wonder if we should go by compatibility matching at all when there is so much of variance! How do you appraise either of them to come to a conclusion on what works?
Dear Felix,

I was just being sarcastic when I made that statement :). The lady is hankering on the fact that since the Guna Milan score is 32 points, marriage is preferable. This is the problem with certain queriests. There is a saying, half knowledge is dangerious. She got the horoscopes matched at some website, which is based on the 8 Pourthams. It does not consider Mahendra, Stree dirga, Rajju and Veda doshas. Under the Guna Milan system, there is a serious Rajju dosha present. Most important of all, The PapaSamya does not match. That holds true to all the three systems. what chance does the marriage stand ?

Let me tell you how I evaluate things. I first assess the 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, and the 12th house of the girl and boy, then examine the state of the Navamsha. After that I match the horoscopes using the Kerala system. Then assess it using the Tamil Nadu system. For your information, both systems are very close to each other. So 99 pct of the time, you get the same results. I almost never use the Guna Milan system. You will understand why, when you consider the opinion this lady has arrived at. She thinks just because she has 32 points, her marriage with boy could and would be a success. How mistaken she is.

Coming to various systems of matching charts, I feel they are region specific. Few people know this, there is also something called the Varanasi and the Gujarati system of matching charts. They consider some Nakshatras to be worse than the others. It’s all regions specific. India has several cultures and so, over time, different cultures have developed different systems that are region specific. This is hard to reconcile with initially, but you get used to it over a matter of time.

Coming to your statement "Makes one wonder if we should go by compatibility matching at all when there is so much of variance!"" That is like saying we must stop practicing astrology because there are three different systems in astrology, the Parsahara, Jaimini, and the K.P. system. There is also the Tajik system to consider. Should we stop using astrology because we have different approaches to the same subject? You decide.

Another point I want to make, people say marriage is a matter of Runanubhandana and so matching charts is not necessary. But we must understand and remember that we continue to make and create new runanubhandanas all the time. If that was not the case, how do you reconcile the fact that a runanubhandana was created in the first place? Since we have the free will to create new runanubhandana the sages have given us this wonderful system to find out how compatible our new runanubhandanas can be.

People visit matrimonial sites and choose the best available match. Sometimes choosing from between 35 – 40 different choices. If everything is based on the Runanbhandanas of the past, why go through the trouble at all? If it’s destined, the boy will fall through the roof all dressed up, since everything is destined and a matter of old runanubhandanas, he might fall through the roof on his horse because there must have some runanubhandana between him and the horse.

If an important event like marriage is pre destined and a matter of Runanubhandana, then every other aspect of our life has to be pre destined. If when we buying a house, where we work, where we study, what we study, when we have children, what vehicles we drive, who we marry, which country we work in is all predestined, then why practice astrology at all? Let’s sit back and take it as it comes. Through astrology in the trash can and forget about it.

Best regards,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 19 Dec 2011

Dear Astroboy,

Very well explained.There is a need to match charts.The simple reason being for any lagna the seventh lord is at the most neutral.So to ensure at least peaceful co_existence, leave alone harmony, there is a need to match charts.

Dear Felix,

If everything is pre_destined and is a direct result of some runa, then why people creat a hue and cry when they suffer.They can as well accept it as fate and go through the same silently.Please think over this.Only because of the fact , that there is reasonable scope for all of us to shape our destiny, there is some charm in life.
my two cents.
Regards
ramanan

milredr

Post by milredr » 19 Dec 2011

Sir the above is the most powerful two cents that I have come across truly :)

DhoomDhoom
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DhoomDhoom » 19 Dec 2011

astroboy wrote: The lady is hankering on the fact that since the Guna Milan score is 32 points, marriage is preferable. This is the problem with certain queriests. There is a saying, half knowledge is dangerious. She got the horoscopes matched at some website, which is based on the 8 Pourthams.
Yes astroboy, I got the horoscopes matched at some website since I don't even have "half knowledge", I have "zero knowledge" about astrology. Thats the reason I am seeking expert opinions here. It is not ME who is "hankering" since Guna Milan score is 32 points the marriage is preferable, but it is the verdict of all websites which use only 8-Gunas calculation. I just copy-pasted their calculation and conclusion. Infact, we in West Bengal haven't even heard of "Papasamya". I had no intension of offending you, astroboy. You are providing me the most valuable guidance.

Point to be noted: Right at the beginning of that post, I have stated "Ok, I give up the idea of marrying him."

Now, can anyone throw some light regarding MY future-life: time of marriage (if at all), spouse's background, profession, child-luck, child-health, etc?
Another question: Do you think I too have Pravrajya/Sanyas yoga? Since in my chart four planets are in the same sign (Leo/2nd house) with none being combust and one planet (Mars) being the tenth lord. Not sure, but I have read this is one of the conditions leading to Pravrajya yoga.

Regards,
DhoomDhoom

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Respected Ramananji:

"If everything is pre_destined and is a direct result of some runa, then why people create a hue and cry when they suffer."

First of all, there is a lot of confusion that has happened here. Whether everything is predestined or not, I do not know, but most of the times as I have seen, whatever is there in the chart is only happening. This in not in anyway does not mean that you do not have to match the charts. Please kindly do not think like that.

Even after the matching the chart, I have seen most of the times that the chart results does not get faded, though matching of charts might support each other well being. This is my prathyaksha anubhava. So, I presented the case as it is. I have always believed in not telling a lie.

Presenting the truth as it is may not find the acceptance among many, but even if only one or two is only ready to accept, that is more than enough even if there are 1000 opposers. Even if none accepts, that also is fine.

"They can as well accept it as fate and go through the same silently. Please think over this."

Exceptionally true. Ramana, everybody are not like you. You are a Mahanubhava to the likes of Rama. There are lot of souls and persons to help you including Siddhars, but I do not have any. We are poor frogs in the well trying to find a fade of light to get out of the well :D Please kindly bless all of us.

"Only because of the fact , that there is reasonable scope for all of us to shape our destiny, there is some charm in life."

It depends from person to person Ramana according to their own samsakaras. What you want your destiny might not be the destiny that I or the other person might be looking at and the kind of charmness in life as well.

For example, Ramana Maharishi thoughts if any, heart if any was always involved thinking about Lord Shiva and to be with his master and father always. There are times when Ramana Maharishi has cried before Arunachala. This crying should not be in anyway understood as an emotional one, but this crying comes from the deep-heart for the love of Arunachala as Father and that was the only charmness Ramana Maharishi knows. Ramana Maharishi was hardly concerned or even does not know any other charmness of what life offers.

Even if Ramana Maharishi talks if any, Maharishi talks about reality and Arunachala only. I was just illustrating one of the charmness some people in this life is looking at because they do not consider anything else bigger than the real picture.

Having said that, Ramana, you and Ramana Maharishi stands at a completely totally different proposition. I am standing at an open road with stones and muds in the road and completely looking up for mercy from masters like you and Maharishi.

Regards

Narayanan
Last edited by Narayan on 19 Dec 2011, edited 2 times in total.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Dhoom Dhoom, a quest like this, will eventually make you interested in astrology. Believe me. :), Let me explain what Papasamya is,

Every horoscope that I match contains a Papasamya table .
Papa (dosha) Comparison is done here by assigning points for the position of Mars, Saturn, Rahu, Ketu and Sun with respect to Lagna, Moon as well as Venus. The method used here is Equal Point - Equal Weightage(1-1-1)

Papasamya is a method in Astrology to calculate the Dosha in a Horoscope. When checking the Horoscope of a Girl and Boy, this is an important Tool for many Astrologers, to work out the amount of Dosha and decide about their Marriage. This is also known as Doshasamya.

Saturn, Rahu, Kethu, Mars and Sun are the Grahas which could trouble a Person depending upon it's Position and Strength in a Horoscope. When these 5 planets are in 1-2-4-7-8-&12th places from Lagna, Chandra & Sukra, they create a certain amount of problem,(Dosha). The ferocity of the Dosha depends upon it's strength in these houses, such as a Friend or enemy , (Uccha) (Neecha) - Ruler or Equal. The total amount of Dosha for the Girl and Boy has to be calculated at the time of Horoscope Comparison for a marriage. If the Dosha index is more for the Girl than the Boy, marriage will not be recommended. When the Dosha index is more for the Boy or it is Equal for Both marriage will be recommended. There are several methods to work out the Dosha Index.

At least there are 5 methods in Astrology to calculate the Dosha Index as indicated below.
1. Equal points and Equal weightage method.
2. Equal Points and Unequal weightage method.
3. Unequal Points and Equal weightage method.
4. Unequal Points Unequal Weightage Method.
5. Point System considering Planetary Friendship and Positional Strength.

felix1
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings Astroboy,
astroboy wrote:
by felix1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Astroboy Ji,
astroboy wrote:
You are right, These systems dont work at all.
Dear Felix,

I was just being sarcastic when I made that statement :).
First of all, thanks for the clarification, that alone goes a long way in clarifying things. However you have taken the pains to elaborate on your methods and views! Thanks a ton!. You are a great asset for this forum and for beginners here.

Now to clarify on my comment that seems to have set the dust flying all around...
The way I see it: (Please do bear in mind that the below was my thinking prior to knowing that your comment was just being sarcastic.)
Millions place their trust in these matching scores. When all else seems correct too, millions wouldn't go ahead with their weddings if the astrological match says otherwise. Given the large following and the importance of the event (Marriage), I'd expect that these systems must have been refined to quite high levels of accuracy and must more or less all be inline with their predictions. When they predict completely opposing results, its only one of these that can be true. Now, any automated scoring system such as software or formula approaches are, I'd guess, to some extent a generalisation that probably hold true for the majority. So when you see such opposing results, I'd think the best approach there forward would be to consult some one good in each of the systems and get their opinions, IOW, giving chance to the idea that: it still may not be a case that a system was wrong, but more likely that an exception caused the generalisation to not work in that particular case. Someone well versed in that system would probably be able to see the exception and work out the deviation in prediction. Let's say this doesn't agree still after that, IOW, both the systems are truly indeed predicting opposite things, then what can one do? Who is to say which system is wrong and which right? The best thing to do would probably be to go ahead and do what you feel is right. It might be that one is wrong and the other is right, but we've got to put it down that the current levels of knowledge in the art, didn't allow a decision one way or the other.

I didn't in anyway mean to state that things were predestined or cast in stone. It was the exact opposite! I don't know from where that impression came that I was conveying leave it to destiny...I was saying you take control when based on astrology you are getting two opposing views! Who is to say which is the right one or which is the wrong, unless you really know who among the astrologers are more knowledgable.

I do hope that such stark opposing views between the scores of these popular systems having large following, are relegated to only a few cases. In contrast, if they are quite commonplace, I'd stand my ground in saying one should question the approach of basing their decision on these matches at all. This is not to mean, that I think astrology or the matching should go to the bin, but it is to mean that these systems need to be refined for higher accuracy levels considering the large crowd following and the importance of the event.

A note to the lady: Extremely sorry for hi-jacking your thread like this and as far as astrology is concerned or the credibility of the match, pay no attention to my ramblings as I'm just a beginner. Most of the others in this thread are very knowledgable.

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Felix1:

I think part of the dust started from my above thread whereby I said:

"Even if the chart is matched, then also whatever is there in his horoscope does not get cancelled."

Though, I said above, many seems to have misunderstood that in a wrong way and addressed to you whereby they thought I was telling everything is pre-destined. I REPEAT, I DO NOT KNOW IF EVERYTHING IS PRE-DESTINED OR NOT, but whatever is there in the horo is only happening for most of them even if two horoscopes are matched. What can one tell about that?

Hence, I said from a pure heart from my experiences and from my observations and I have told very openly and in an unbiased way. My intention is very pure and not to hurt anybody.

Regards

Narayanan

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Felix bro, Thanks a ton for that clarification. Let me first make it clear that the destiny and the Runanubhandana bit was not meant for you at all, but for my good friend Dinesh who has written on this thread.

Coming to software based analysis, let me clarify, this software makes your job easy. But the final word has to be given by the astrologer. There are times where I have rejected matches even though the software passes the match with flying colours. In fact, in the software report that I have posted, the original report says that the match is satisfactory, even though - the matching rate is just 40 Pct. In my opinion, it should be nothing less than 60 pct. Minimum. It is another matter that the software then rejects the match because the Papasamya does not match. I have thus modified it to show that the match is unsatisfactory.

As far as various systems go, like I said before, India is a melting pot for different cultures. So regions have developed their own variations to the original system. This is bound to happen in a country like ours. The sheer numbers and different creeds would warrant such variations. For example, in south Kanara, Ravi in the 7th house is considered as more dangerous than Kuja. This holds true to certain communities especially in the Bunt community where women are considered ""fierce"" to put it mildly. In Madikeri, where women rule the roost, Ravi in the 7th house has to be off set with a similar affliction in the boys chart. Marrying a woman from Coorg with a Sun and Kuja in the 7th house is like getting married to a hungry tiger and then eventually stamping its tail. This is a general statement of course. Not to be taken literally. But generally women from some communities are head strong and haughty. These factors have to be kept in mind when matching charts.

The above formula is not used by other communities who are ""ok"" with having a dominating personality in the house. women from other communities are basically docile since the culture is such. These variations have to be kept in mind when matches are made.

The catholic community which I hail from, does not believe in or rather did not believe in matching charts to date. But the high divorce rate is forcing the community to seek the help of the stars. Astrologers in South Kanara have to now bend the rules to fit this community. Catholic women are fiercely independent. So Kuja dosha is given high priority. The slightest blemish in a girls chart would need a man who would not mind giving his wife the independence she needs. So many divorces have taken place because the women has not been given the freedom to do what she wants.

I hope you get the point I am trying to make.

Best regards,

felix1
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant reply Astroboy! That clarifies a lot too... not just to me, I'm sure it must be for a lot of others as well. So the systems adapt to the localities they deal with taking the state of affairs in their own communities! I think you have managed to give a sound explanation for the differences existing and them being appropriate as well.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 20 Dec 2011

First things first, let us see if there is a match as per the traditional system of matching, I shall match charts using the Kerala System,

Compatibility between Birth Stars

Rasi - Not satisfactory
Rasyadhipathi - Not satisfactory
Vasya - Not satisfactory
Mahendra - Not satisfactory
Gana - Good
Yoni - Not satisfactory
Dina - Good
Deergha - Not satisfactory
Rasi - Not satisfactory
DEEPAKJI, '' Ekathipathiye Maithreva Samasapihma Eavava Rajju Vegha Gana Dosho Rahi Dosho Na Vidhyuthe'' If the rashi lord of the girl and boy is same planet or if the rashi lord of the girl and boy are friends or if the rashis of the girl and boy are samaspthma [ 1-7 axis] . Rajju, Vedha, Ganam and Rashi Dosham are not applicable . These doshas are actually cancelled by the above condition. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 20 Dec 2011

Good day Anu ji,
Thanks for the Tip. Will keep this in mind the next time I match charts.
best regards,

DhoomDhoom
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DhoomDhoom » 20 Dec 2011

DhoomDhoom wrote:

Now, can anyone throw some light regarding MY future-life: time of marriage (if at all), spouse's background, profession, child-luck, child-health, etc?
Another question: Do you think I too have Pravrajya/Sanyas yoga? Since in my chart four planets are in the same sign (Leo/2nd house) with none being combust and one planet (Mars) being the tenth lord. Not sure, but I have read this is one of the conditions leading to Pravrajya yoga.

Regards,
DhoomDhoom
Can anyone please predict something regarding the above points? Now I am extremely concerned about my own future. Years are ticking by with no sign of marriage. :cry:
My birth details: 18th June, 1980; 7:30 am; Kolkata

----DhoomDhoom

StellarAstrologer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by StellarAstrologer » 20 Dec 2011

I hesitated to answer the native, as in nadi astrology, when two people are in love, they will never match or see charts. I did prashna today and with cancer lagna that I just got, there is no doubt the query is regarding marriage and/or your business.

Technically speaking dhoom - you are already mentally married since 2010 beginning. But looking at your chart you are in moon dasha, rahu bhukti and my prediction is that you will be married in march or april 2012, to a decent level headed person. do not learn astrology or seek astrological guidance is my sincere advise. be the best in what you do and read the book Self-Unfoldment by Swami Chinmayananda. What you need is some peace and time to reflect your next step slowly and not internet astrology. if you were to be in US, I would have Fedexed the book to you. Good luck and all the best..
M.S.Sharma

jemsmiles
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jemsmiles » 20 Dec 2011

astroboy wrote:Felix bro, Thanks a ton for that clarification. Let me first make it clear that the destiny and the Runanubhandana bit was not meant for you at all, but for my good friend Dinesh who has written on this thread.

Coming to software based analysis, let me clarify, this software makes your job easy. But the final word has to be given by the astrologer. There are times where I have rejected matches even though the software passes the match with flying colours. In fact, in the software report that I have posted, the original report says that the match is satisfactory, even though - the matching rate is just 40 Pct. In my opinion, it should be nothing less than 60 pct. Minimum. It is another matter that the software then rejects the match because the Papasamya does not match. I have thus modified it to show that the match is unsatisfactory.

As far as various systems go, like I said before, India is a melting pot for different cultures. So regions have developed their own variations to the original system. This is bound to happen in a country like ours. The sheer numbers and different creeds would warrant such variations. For example, in south Kanara, Ravi in the 7th house is considered as more dangerous than Kuja. This holds true to certain communities especially in the Bunt community where women are considered ""fierce"" to put it mildly. In Madikeri, where women rule the roost, Ravi in the 7th house has to be off set with a similar affliction in the boys chart. Marrying a woman from Coorg with a Sun and Kuja in the 7th house is like getting married to a hungry tiger and then eventually stamping its tail. This is a general statement of course. Not to be taken literally. But generally women from some communities are head strong and haughty. These factors have to be kept in mind when matching charts.

The above formula is not used by other communities who are ""ok"" with having a dominating personality in the house. women from other communities are basically docile since the culture is such. These variations have to be kept in mind when matches are made.

The catholic community which I hail from, does not believe in or rather did not believe in matching charts to date. But the high divorce rate is forcing the community to seek the help of the stars. Astrologers in South Kanara have to now bend the rules to fit this community. Catholic women are fiercely independent. So Kuja dosha is given high priority. The slightest blemish in a girls chart would need a man who would not mind giving his wife the independence she needs. So many divorces have taken place because the women has not been given the freedom to do what she wants.

I hope you get the point I am trying to make.

Best regards,
Respected astroboy ji,

Your posts always use to be very much informative and i learn many things whenever i read it.

It requires lots of time and patience to post and I appreciate that you are giving both.

regarding guna milan system, i think its not working most of the time.

Many of my friends got married with 27-31 gunas and got divorced.
Some of them are not at all satisfied with their spouse but not breaking marraige for the sack of kids and society.

What is the need of being with each other if LOVE factor is missing?

I tried to analyse their marraige problems , I always wonder if guna milan says GOOD MATCH than why they are not at all satisfied with marriage.

There is one request, if possible please make one thread and describe the match making system you are using (with examples) so in future we will be able to match horo scopes based on that.

Best Regards,
Jems

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 20 Dec 2011

Jemsmiles, Thank you for your kind words. There is more to matching than just Guna Milan points. I will explain it later.