Rahu Mahadasha & Relationships

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor
Rahu Mahadasha & Relationships

Post by shweta_554 » 16 Jan 2021

Namaste to all the respected members of this forum,

This forum and it's members had supported me in my toughest times and helped me with my quest to higher knowledge. So today I am going to share my experience of Rahu Mahadasha and how it panned out for me for learning purpose of others. The reason I picked up relationship because that is where it has given me maximum troubles, from materialistic purpose it has so far been a boon.
My birth details: 10 August 1985, 00:12 (midnight), Bhilai Chattisgarh
My first relationship came in Mars Mahadasha and Venus Anatardasha. The boy was a narcissist and the relationship was cast in hell. Mars is 7th lord (debilitated and combusted, but in it's own house in strength in navamasa).
Rahu Mahadasha + Jupiter Anatardasha:
One of the toughest time in my life. The job I was offered in campus was put in hold for almost entire Jupiter antardasha period. My boyfriend dumped me, it broke down my spirit. Breaking that relationship I will say a blessing in disguise, I had been a Krishna devotee from childhood and never felt alone in my life, I always had my divine connection, but that anatardahsha and all bad that was going on took my faith away. I got my job which was that point a miracle (Recession, already two years without job after college), towards the end of Jupiter antardasha, though not sure credit goes to Jupiter or Saturn as the mahadasha and anatardahsha overlaps and I have myself felt that overlapping results and energy shift. Also I got my job after I did my first Navratri Sadhna in Jupiter antardasha, most astrologers suggest Devi Durga for Rahu, and somehow without any suggestion it came automatically to me and have been doing Navratri since then.
My Jupiter is retrograde, debilitated in 9th house (taurus Ascendant)
Rahu Mahadasha+ Saturn Antardasha
I dated a boy, and after two dates he called it off giving a stupid excuse. But I stayed stuck in one sided unrequited infatuation for him and suffered a lot on that account. It was weird because normally I would never like a guy like that, let alone falling in love and being so hopelessly staying stuck in something un-serving. I tried a lot, but no matter what I could not move on from that one sided love in entire Saturn anatardahsha. After the antardasha was over I cried for one more day and so easily moved on. During Saturn antardasha I used to get dreams of snakes a lot. I had a roommate and she was pathological liar, cheater and controlling, so I thought those dreams are warning for such person in my life. Also crows used to follow me a lot in an uncanny way.
On professional front Saturn antardasha was golden period for me, I was celebrated for my work, had fame, success, support, trust of authority, everything. I was most satisfied in my career so far during Saturn antardasha.
My Saturn is exalted in 6th house sitting with Ketu (Tarurus ascendant)
Rahu Mahadasha + Mercury Anatardasha
No relationship. But made lot's of friends, fun and travelled abroad from work many times. I changed job with change of antardasha, lol.
Rahu Mahadasha + Ketu Anatardasha
Ketu antardasha got me two proposals. One boy was having Venus conjunction Ketu in his chart, he was highly inflexible, wanted me to change and adopt, so I choose the other one. This guy had shared his wrong birth info with me, later in his correct chart, he had moon conjunction Ketu. This other boy also I would have never accepted in my life in my sane mind, I saw so many red flags, still I was desperate to get married so... After a year just before our marriage cards were about to be distributed, marriage got cancelled as he came clean, and it turns out he was two timing, and he was a pathological liar (red flag I saw) and cheater.
During Ketu antardasha again I was haunted by dreams of snake. I again felt because this guy was similar to my roommate, someone highly untrustworthy, snakes dreams were warning.
It's funny, the dreams created fear of snake for me though as a child I was not scared of snakes, even after having close dandelion with them ( chased a baby snake in my school, didn't harmed him but scared him, stepped on snakes tail by mistake while playing ringa rings roses, thank God it chose not to bite me).
The breaking of that relationship and not getting married was again blessing in disguise, but a blessing which not only hurt me but my parents this time.
I have Rahu in my 7th house in navamasa, and in 12th in ascendant+moon chart (1st house moon)
Rahu Mahadasha+Venus Anatardasha
No relationship. Though many says Venus in marriage karaoke so should get but none. In fact after the Ketu antardasha I git interested in panic healing, as I wanted to heal myself. Getting hurt in same department again and again doesn't heal or make a person whole, if anything it creates fear and embed trauma energy more deeply. From panic healing I for first time seriously started meditation and God its benefit I can vouch for it. I did so much during entire mahadasha, Katyayani vrat,Gave puja in trambakeshwar, 16 somwar, etc etc. the list goes long. Ofcourse I didn't got married but I couldn't feel the lost connection with divine restored(lost in Jupiter anatardahsha) also by doing all these various puja. But meditation brought started restoring the connection. I could again feel God's divine presence, have faith and peace of mind.
During Venus antardasha I Didn't thrived in my career (no promotion), office politics, untrusting manager and colleagues .But I got all comfort ad luxury in world, I moved from PG to rented flat (though not own, was a big step up) with my brother, purchased own car, office was walkable distance so no hassle of traffic, employees cook, all sorts of comfort for life it gave. So though people say Venus is a materialistic marriage giver planet. It didn't gave me any relationship, in fact my focus or need to be I relationship was gone completely. But it was great spiritually and materialistic comfort.
My Venus is in 2nd house in lagna chart (lagna lord)

Cheers,
Warm wishes and prayers for all

shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rahu Mahadasha & Relationships

Post by shweta_554 » 16 Jan 2021

Rahu Mahadasha + Moon Anatardasha
Searching groom frantically, but no success. I am still in no need relationship and more in spiritual zone, but do want to get married for my parents sake. If not this the other solution is to take them away from the their circle to some country away. Don't want them to listen to any nonsense from anyone because of me. I changed job with antardasha, and now my colleagues & seniors are more supportive and kind, in more peaceful job.
So this my experience so far. You can learn or share what it means and how planets play role.
So far in my Rahu mahadasha, I have got 2 relationship kind of thing, I have come to believe must have been karmic as both Saturn and Ketu are karmic planets and planets known for not bringing relationship. They brought to break it. Jupiter famous marriage bringer broke relationship, no blame, it was for my best.
Venus famous for marriage and not a spiritual planet, didn't brought any relationship but helped evolve spiritually and get comfortable materially.

Had to update in new message, too much text...
(Will update how moon and upcoming mars played out after 2 years, lol)

With love

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 17 Jan 2021

Hi,

I'm not sure if the intent of starting this thread is to simply share your experience or if you are also soliciting input from members. In any case, I'll go ahead and take the liberty to share my humble understanding... kindly bear with me. You are always welcome to request the Administrator Team to edit the thread - as also ignore any part or the entire post, that is not to your taste or liking.

So, here we go...
1. Lagna Lord Venus/Shukra is placed in the 2nd house of family expansion and posited in the Lunar Constellation of Aradra Nakshatra, ruled by Rahu. Rahu is in turn is placed in the 12th house of bed-pleasures and posited in the Lunar Constellation of Bharani Nakshatra, ruled by Venus/Shukra... forming a strong Parivarthana Yoga, at the Nakshatra level. An indication or inclination towards unconventional relationship. Unfortunately, they are also aspected by Ketu, who has a notorious reputation for his separative tendencies.
2. Mercury/Budha the (2nd &) 5th lord is Retrograde/Vakra and conjunct 7th & 12th lord Neecha or debilitated Mars/Kuja. They are aspected by Retrograde/Vakra 8th & 11th lord Jupiter/Guru, to form a strong combination for love marriage or Gandharva Vivaha. Incidentally, they are also aspected by Saturn/Shani-dev. I wonder if the combination is trying to enforce adherence to dharma in the "conventional" way.

On the other side of the spectrum...
1. Mutual aspect of Neecha or debilitated Mars/Kuja and Uccha or exalted Saturn/Shani-dev does not bode well for relationships.
2. Mercury/Budha and Jupiter/Guru being Retrograde/Vakra and their situation gives me a feeling the inherent intelligence/wisdom may be an impediment. Misunderstandings due to miscommunication could have also played a role.
3. To compound matter 7th and 12th lord Mars/Kuja is Neecha or debilitated and aspected by Neecha or debilitated Jupiter/Guru and Uccha or exalted Saturn/Shani-dev.

Given the situation, I'm forced to wonder if stated relationship was limited to emotional connect or if there was physical intimacy involved (although I doubt and would prefer a feedback). Further, I'm inclined to think the chart is tending towards denial of marriage, if appropriate remedial action is not taken. In fact, I'd encourage the native not to lose hope... for all is not lost. I think opportunities are bound to come by.

It would perhaps be beneficial to seek help/guidance from knowledgeable and experienced experts (either within this forum or elsewhere), for suitable remedies. In the interim, it might not be a bad idea to consider offering special prayers to Lord Ganesha on a regular basis, with unwavering faith, devotion/bhakti and a strong sankalpa... along with reading/reciting/chanting of Shriman Vishnu Sahasranama.

I'm also reminded of "Rukmini Vallabha Mantra", and I'm wondering if it might be of help to you. This mantra is supposed to bless unmarried folk get married. In case you are interested and keen, you can try chanting the mantra 108 times daily with a strong sankalpa for a good spouse and a happy married life. Below is the simple mantra...

Om Namo Bhagavate Rukmini Vallabhaya Swaha

Please chant this in conjunction with the special prayers to Lord Ganesh (and chanting/hearing/reading of Shriman Vishnu Sahasranama), as suggested earlier.

Sincerely...

shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shweta_554 » 17 Jan 2021

Hi Sishya,

The purpose of the post was to share for others learning as well as learn from others. I have recently grown interest in dasha and it's result and trying to learn, and what is best way than to analyise your own chart. Also it was interesting for me to observe that mercury antardasha under Rahu dash gave me foreign travels, as per my understanding that should be possible if mercury was in 4th house instead of 3rd, similarly I again travelled to abroad on vacation rather than office this time during sun antardasha+ Rahu mahadasha. Sun again is related to 3rd house and not 4th. Similarly in Venus antardasha I co-lived with my brother, and Venus is placed in 2nd house and not 3rd. Ketu and Saturn antardasha bought relationship as if siting in 7th house. Now if I was born 40 minutes before, all the planets will be placed as above (1 house shifted), but then dashas will be changed also, and the result won't hold true. So either I am reading wrong or somehow planets have influence of next house also, just wondering, any experience on this account.

Now as far marriage and relations concerned , I appreciate and many thank you for the compassion you have shown. I do want to get married just like I think most of people but have such horrible experience, I try not to think about this chapter, but can't run away also as it effects my parents, and I am devoted to them.

As far as your question of physical involvement, by all official standing I am virgin , Thank God for that, as my value system are traditional and I will not be comfortable without official marriage. I don't deny fooling around but the pressure was mostly from other party, and I eventually learnt to say "No" and have strong boundaries (was a tough lesson, as I was by classic definition people pleaser). I will try upayas suggested by you.

Best wishes :-)

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 17 Jan 2021

Hi,

I'm not quite sure of what you might be reading and/or understanding. But then, Maha-Dasha lord Rahu invariably influences a native with foreign related things - including travel and stay away from home. Thereafter, I'm inclined to think the said Grahas/Planets were influencing the 9th house of long-distance travel and 12th house of distant/foreign land - not to mention their disposition in the Navamsa (D-9).

On the sidelines, the Bhava chart also seems to give some hints...

And, appreciate you confirming my understanding of your birth-chart (as also your value system) and the planetary play, at work.

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 06 Feb 2021

Hi,
Sishya wrote:
17 Jan 2021
I'm also reminded of "Rukmini Vallabha Mantra", and I'm wondering if it might be of help to you. This mantra is supposed to bless unmarried folk get married. In case you are interested and keen, you can try chanting the mantra 108 times daily with a strong sankalpa for a good spouse and a happy married life. Below is the simple mantra...
Om Namo Bhagavate Rukmini Vallabhaya Swaha

Please chant this in conjunction with the special prayers to Lord Ganesh (and chanting/hearing/reading of Shriman Vishnu Sahasranama), as suggested earlier.
On the sidelines, it is also suggested to check the position of Venus/Shukra and based on the placement, following relevant mantra can be considered:
Kendra (1,4,7,10) - OM NAMO BHAGAVATE RUKMINIVALLABHAYA SWAHA
Panaphara (2,5,8,11) - OM KRIM NAMO BHAGAVATE RUKMINIVALLABHAYA SWAHA
Apoklimas (3,6,9,12) - OM NAMI BHAGAVATE RUKMINIVALLABHAYA SRIM

And, your Lagna Lord Venus/Shukra is placed in the 2nd house...

Sincerely...

rohitahuja
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by rohitahuja » 10 May 2021

Hi ,
My rahu is placed in the 12th house in the sign of Scorpio
For me rahu mahadasha was good as well as bad both ,
I got a lot of materialistic fulfillment, all the state of the art gadgets, phones , pc i had them all , but all this i got from my parents , rahu mahadasha was the time when i was completely submerged in internet , video games and i used to force my parents to fulfill my desires regardless my parents financial condition.
befor the end of rahu mahadasha i got involved into astrology , i became so obsessed of reading my own chart that i got into a loop of cicle of reading my chart frequently , every negative or positive thing that happened to me i start comparing them to my chart. This involvement changed my thought process completely which in a result gave me the most negative result because as we all know rahu plays with mind and create illusion , and this involvement of comparing my chart every time keept me in a illusion , i forgot all about karma and did nothing o change things which i would had if i didn't got involved with astrology.

Now here i am realizing this in my JUPITER dasha which bought clarity to everything , now i only study chart of others and have more faith in myself then in my chart.

Thank you.