rahu Mahadasha

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sddj254
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
rahu Mahadasha

Post by sddj254 » 13 Feb 2020

Things that I cannot explain but would welcome inputs to learn

DOB 12th March 1968
TOB 10.55 pm
POB Mumbai, India

Onset of Rahu Mahadasha - gave up smoking (had been smoking for over 20 years) and drinking. Which implies Rahu is good? Rest of life like job, career, personal relationships became a challenge. He had good astrologers to guide him till Rahu dasa started (Ra in 6th house). After that, one of the gurus passed away, one of them moved and he has not been able to connect with a good astrologer. I am a beginner when it comes to astrology and cannot explain this well. Rahu acting through its dispositer (Jupiter in this case) could probably explain it and also the lack of earning as it is in the 11th house. But giving up smoking and drinking does not make sense. With Ra and Ma (as 2nd lord conjunction) I would assume smoking as an addiction. Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

Comeback Kid

Re: rahu Mahadasha

Post by Comeback Kid » 29 May 2020

1. How did you come to the conclusion about lack of earning (Dispositor Jupiter in 11th house)?

2. I am almost halfway through the Rahu Dasha (Rahu in 8th, aspects by Jupiter in 2nd). Quit smoking and alcohol at the beginning of the Dasha. However, the Dasha itself hasn't been good for me.