Yogardha Dasha

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
MrHelios
Yogardha Dasha

Post by MrHelios » 21 Sep 2019

Hello everyone, I have been studying Vedic Astrology on and off for a decade now and what really fascinates me are the Jaimini sutras, which is as known a very advanced system and methodology. Now, Jaimini Rishi has mentioned about Yogardha Dasha which combines Chara and Sthira Rashis in its computations. However, there is little information available to the public about actually interpreting the Dasha itself, especially in predictive purposes. So I am asking to anyone who might know about how to interpret this particular Dasha and is willing to share some tips please offer some insight.

Thank you.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Yogardha Dasha

Post by vedam33 » 24 Sep 2019

Read articles written by sri irangathi Ranga chary garu where in detailed analysis given or you may purchase his book Jamini sutra mitram where in detailed analysis given

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 24 Sep 2019

Thank you friend. There is not much about it in the Jaimini sutras as translated by Dr. BS Rao and Dr. BV Raman, and eventhough I know how to apply basic interpretation I feel it is not good enough to discover all its secrets. So, do you know where I may purchase this book? Is it available online because I am not sure if I will be visiting India soon? I would be much grateful.

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 26 Sep 2019

To expand on this, the book in question is indeed available online, but the particular subject is found in another book namely Jyothisha Phala (as someone pointed out to me), which I ordered with some other books. But thanks for the effort & info either way.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 29 Sep 2019

Jamini sutras by ps Sastri is also good one.there are two books written by sri irangathi Ranga chary garu on Jamini but the system followed by him differs with respect to others especially on dasa calculations if you compare with pt Sanjay rath .the books were available with Saptarshi astrology