Shani Rahu period

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Shani Rahu period

Post by Nora » 28 Jun 2019

Hi guys

Can all of you share your experiences and knowledge on Shani Mahadasha - Rahu Antardasha and the other way around?

Is this considered to be negative? What if they are situated in good houses, good Nakshatras or are in trines to each other?

BR

Nora

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Shani Rahu period

Post by Dashas » 29 Jun 2019

In my shani rahu period, I moved to a foreign country. There was lot of mental stress too. My shani is in 12th house. Rahu in 4th.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 29 Jun 2019

For me the entire shani dasha was stressful...so rahu antardasha was not something special ...was so-so.
Dhanur lagna.. Rahu is at 10th house...Shani is with Mars... in 9th house

New2Vedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by New2Vedic » 29 Jun 2019

In general its negative, but exceptions are there. As you mentioned, trines to each other.

But it all depends on ascendant:- for Tauras, Gemini, Virgo, libra, Aquaries, Capricorn. These are all natural friends and therefore not that much negative.

worst situation is for cancer and Leo people. Here Saturn is pakka enemy of lagna lord, and will cause problems no matter what. If Saturn/Rahu placed in 2-12, 6-8 to each other, then even more problems. Add to this, if sade sati is running for Cancer/Leos along with this type of Mahadasa/anterdasha, then it may become hopeless situation. Marriages breaking, career gone for a toss, money losses, death in family. many many bad things can happen. No remedies will work due to the fickle nature of Rahu. Similarly for Mars and Jupiter ascendants it will be difficult period too. Keep in mind that Rahu moves clockwise and Saturn can also be retrograde . IN such cases, becomes hard to predict results.

Pratik

Srm123
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Srm123 » 29 Jun 2019

In my saturn mahadasha and rahu antardasha i moved to foriegn country for study purpose.Whole antardasha period was financially stable but mentally it was very very stress full. :(
Got deceived by several peoples like from relative,friends and in relation as well. Used to have delusional emotion about some peoples but in reality they deceived me in bad way. I start understanding astrology in better way.Financial was stable but bad expenses was there too because of several wrong decisions.....Overall it was a big learning for me that help me to understand life in better and different way.....

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 01 Jul 2019

My Rahu dasa started at 5/5/2001

Shani antardasa was 11/06/06 to 17/04/09

(From November 2006, my Sade Sati had also been started)

If I had to put this experience in one emotional sentence : "The very worst time of my life. Really. Nothing else comes close."

In one somewhat logical sentence, with the benefit of hindsight : "Obstacles turning my reality upto that time, into delusion."

What does this cryptic sentence mean?

It means if my normal operational performance level, in all parts of life, upto November 2006, was at level 8.5- 9 (at a scale of 1-10), this period made it dip to level 3, 'without me realising it.' in my mind I was still a 9 but that had become a delusion because suddenly my reality was a 3.

Humiliations causd by grave miscommunications is the theme of this period, and causing permanent damages as a consequence. Keep in mind that my Rahu is conjunct mercury in 11th. Saturn is in 9th, having a full 3rd aspect on these two. Aries ascendant.

In 2007 My 12th board result got withheld without any specific reason. Nobody said it because my integrity on that matter was unquestionable, but the whispered sentiment was : 'I must have cheated or used some kind of unfair means.' People won't believe it, but until an official statement claimed otherwise, that was the only explanation.

Eventually it turned out they, the board, had misplaced 2 of my supplementary answersheets for Hindi paper.

(Prime example of saturn causing delays --not denial-- causing communication misunderstanding.)

Took a lot of hussle, most of which my father did for me. But the eventual marks were too low. Just 77%. Filed for re-evaluation and the the final marks were 83%. But after a whole 6-7 months.

But it's nothing compared to what followed.

The real problems started in my mistake of a choice of engineering college. With my over-controlling father. And by a disastrous love-affair. I suffered a leg injury which made me sit back for a whole month in the first semester itself. A girl on whom I had a crush on since school, played all kinds of games with my heart, ultimately ending in a gut-wrenchingly humiliating rejection no guy would ever want to feel. And in the second semester itself, I was detained. There was a time when I had earned 99 marks in physics in school, and here I was : unable to even sit in the exams. The havoc it caused in my family and the humiliation, and the consequent depression I had to go through, was compensated by only one fact : The girl had come around by that time, but her mind games were still on. I was a mess. And all it took was one communication misunderstanding, for our truly-madly-deeply, soulmates for 7 births, kind of love, to perish without a trace.

And that finally broke me down for good.

That was January 2009.

So, keep in mind that efforts in this period are destined to go-to waste. However hard you try. if they do materialize in tangible fruits, the end result, in the long run, would always be 1000 times more costly.

This Rahu-Saturn period was like an earthquake in my life, the aftershocks of it might have dissipated, but the damage it did, the homes it broke were never re-built. Unable to, because the foundations themselves were wiped out. Irrational fears, ego (which I would call misplaced belief in myself based on my Mars dasha performance), and in the concept of hope, in the blessings of almighty, that 'soon everything will be alright.' or 'one day it'll be over.' made me stick to the engineering half-heartedly which I was never able to complete and 'that' detoriarated family relationships to the point of irreconcilable, especially with my father. Bad or no Communication was always a factor. Even the girl I mentioned, was not so bad as a human being and we were in an on/off, half hearted, too complicated, communication-problems-riddled relationship for a long time. But it was never as passionate, respectful and fulfilling.

Astrologically , I think it was destined to happen. Ketu is 5th in chart. House of romance, skills, education and artistic talents. At that time Saturn was over natal (and transit!) ketu, (Saturn's own natal position is 9th, house of higher education, fortune, philosophy and religion.) It's 3rd aspect was on 7th house, (a natural house for relationship, spouse, partnerships). Giving a full 7th aspect on 11th house (natal (plus transit Rahu!) and mercury); And 10th aspect on 2nd house of family. (Natal Mars and Jupiter, which somewhat protected the family from completely breaking off).

Ketu always causes sudden events. Breakage. Irrational actions. As long as lagna lord Mars' 4th protective aspect was operating on initial education house in its mahadasha, things went smooth, even were at their peak. But as soon as Rahu dasa started, it cleverly lured me, constantly, into decadence. Increasing Humiliations and lessening grasping abilities were things I'd noticed even then, but dismissed them. (Deluded). As soon as Saturn's insurmountable obstacles personality, came over this 5th house, in antardasa + sadesati first leg(who itself was indicating obstacles in higher education in natal chart), Ketu operating in the natal return 5th house mode, caused sudden earthquake like breakage of romance, education whose effects would be felt life long.

Both Rahu and ketu are in their own nakshatra. Ketu's sub-lord is again Saturn! Rahu alone in Aquarius, in some one else's nakshatra, might have been a blessing. With a friend like mercury, still accetable. But looking closer, rahu in own nakshatra is always bad news, even in 11th, (maybe even more in shatbhisha). And if it's with some other planet, then results are bound to be harmful by multiple orders.

The whole Rahu mahadasha of mine was a story of slow, steady, uncontrollable downward spiral. But this particular time of Rahu-Saturn, was the defining feature of my Rahu mahadasha. The events of these times would be what I remember it by. And which will direct and affect my life forever.

king
Contributor
Contributor

Post by king » 02 Jul 2019

It was stressful.less money ..unknown fears,loneliness,friends deceiving ..I have saturn and rahu sitting together in 8th house..migraine attacks started during this period..and after 15 yrs I still struggle with it