My Ketu Dasa Experience

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
KaliDarkMoon
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
My Ketu Dasa Experience

Post by KaliDarkMoon » 29 Aug 2018

For starters I have Ketu in 10th house in Virgo.

Ketu/Ketu - I had a surgery and when I woke up from the surgery my husband told me he wanted a divorce. He stated he was getting out of the military and wanted to see other people since I was the only person he was ever in a relationship with, he was turning 30 and wanted out. I cried for months we had 3 children together. We ended up moving across the country to be closer to family. I was always a stay at home mom and now suddenly without the help of family or friends, I had to figure out how to make it on my own with my 3 children with no job experience. My ex in-laws let my children stay with them while I was at work. They allowed me to stay there too until there was a big argument and suddenly I was homeless. The only positive was at least my children had a place to stay. I would stay with them after work until they went to bed, and then my "bed" was my vehicle where I slept even when it was freezing and snowing outside. Towards the end of this dasa my now ex-husband wanted to go the bar with me and be "friends" he asked me who I thought was cute that night and I pointed to someone, and he walked up to him and tried to get us to talk. I ended up liking this guy that my ex set me up with and we started dating.
Ketu/Venus - Divorce finalized. Still looking for work but it was difficult due to no job experience. I started working 2 part time minimum wage jobs and saving for my own place. I ended up pregnant at one point and had a miscarriage. Got my 1st apartment, became pregnant again despite birth control shot. While I was pregnant I found out my current boyfriend was cheating on me. I found this out when I was at work late at night he was supposed to pick me up from my job. He never picked me up or answered the phone. I waited for him for 4 hours. Finally, a coworker drove me home that night and I found the front door was open and he was drunk in our bedroom. He left his phone on the kitchen counter and I saw all the text messages to his ex. I was furious but I believed his apology and ended up forgiving him on grounds that he never cheat again and stop drinking.
Ketu/Sun - Gave birth to my last child. Moved to a better place, and got a job making more money.
Ketu/Moon - Sibling diagnosed with cancer. Found out boyfriend was cheating again, went out to a restaurant with another man who was a friend of mine, his suggestion because he stated he was going to make me feel better about my situation. Ended up badly, I ended up getting raped and in the hospital. My boyfriend didn't question me at all, and was even crying about what happened, brought me flowers and supported me through healing over this event.
Ketu/Mars - My sibling's cancer was removed, and is now cancer free. My boyfriend proposed, and I accepted. I found an even better job with even more pay, and we all moved closer to the job area. I believed things were going to start getting better for me. Things were more stable.
Ketu/Rahu - Found out boyfriend was cheating again, was even cheating the day he proposed to me. I kicked him out. After discovering daycare was going to be $1,600 a month minimum for all of my children, and not being able to afford childcare on my own. I felt I had no choice but to take him back despite everything. But first, I ended up losing my new great job. That job was the most money I had ever made. Gone forever because I had no one to watch my children while I would have been at work. We ended up moving to another state for a fresh start. I had to bury the pain and move forward so that I could survive.
Ketu/Jupiter - Was the best time for me. Nothing eventful happened. It was boring in fact. But it was like a break from all the drama and chaos.
Ketu/Saturn - Things were strange with my husband he was acting different but wasn't showing his typical signs of his cheating. One night I cried to God to please reveal to me what is going on with him. The next day I found out my now current husband gave a love letter to someone at his job, and found out he was doing a lot of secret things behind my back. Example: Drinking. Divorced him quickly. He has since been trying to win me back before our lease is up. I'm not interested in being in a relationship with him ever again. All I ever deal with now is how clingy he has become. When he's near me I feel extremely irritated by his presence.Focusing on just the children and myself and college at this point. Not putting any of my energy into anything related to him. But I'm terrified of the next phase. I don't know how many more stings I can take. I have no idea what's to come next.

Is there any one that can offer any predictions? I wonder if Venus Dasa is going to be better or worse. I have Venus in my first house in Sagittarius.

Seeker108
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My Ketu Dasa Experience

Post by Seeker108 » 31 Aug 2018

The more I read about the experiences of this planet, makes me realize how malefic it is, I have had a pretty negative experience too. I wonder if any person ever had a good ketu dasha.

ADI7YAK

Post by ADI7YAK » 01 Sep 2018

Wish you all the strength to cope up with this situation KaliDarkMoon. My Ketu Mahadasha will start this October. I'm already in deepest levels of anxiety and depression. I've done nothing since last one year except sitting at home. After reading these horrific experiences,I tend to be further anxious about upcoming period though there's a slight relief because I know things cannot get worse than this and if they do,I'll still be facing them just as I am doing right now. I'm running Mercury-Saturn (Sade Sati) right now.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 01 Sep 2018

If you have worked hard enough in due areas where you should, Ketu will be fine.
On the other hand, there are difficult times in Saturn and Mercury as well. It is not that you are a king during those times. Think about it. Just by hearing stuff and believing in thousand views by everyone else other than your inner voice, you will simple adopt fears for your Ketu, and whatever lesson Ketu must otherwise had been bringing to you peacefully, would turn into a nightmare.

I am curious though. In your Mercury Dasha right now, what happened so major that you got drawn upon astrology with this stance, that whatever anyone tells you, you will start believing it as light!?

ADI7YAK

Post by ADI7YAK » 02 Sep 2018

I don't know if I should relate the happenings to astrological events, but sometimes they match really perfectly. My poor time started 4 years ago when I was in 11th grade. Took admission to science even when I didn't want to just because my parents said so. Failed in all classes,humiliated by many teachers and friends,other small issues etc. I was in depression,somehow got 47% in 11th grade and I begged and begged to my parents to change the stream from science to commerce. Fortunately we managed to change stream, got into a shitty college,but didn't care about 12th grade much since I was more focused on my entrance for chartered accountancy. In February 2016,just when Saturn AD started,I saw a gruesome road mishap which left a huge mark on my emotional state because I could relate it since my dad's a frequent traveler for his business trips. At first all of us thought fear is normal and would cease in a couple of days,but it was turning into hell for me. I couldn't even think of anything else for even a moment. I understood the seriousness of the problem and I begged to my parents again to see a professional who could help me. Till then I was given advices to read Hanuman chalisa, etc but nothing worked. I somehow convinced my parents to see a psychiatrist and got medical treatment started. Our society has a lot of negativity towards such things (anxiety, psychiatrist,etc) in that period I was in deep depression due to anxiety of going out on roads. I got medical treatment and doc gave me antibiotics with many side effects. I was ready to accept side effects because I wanted to get rid of anxiety. In that period I had my 12th grade exams,which I could barely write due to anxiety. Fast forward to July 2016,it was all good now. I cleared my 12th grade as well as my entrance exams with acceptable marks. I started coaching for next level from August 2016 and my god,that period was so good I couldn't believe. I thought I'll start working on myself. I was out of shape,I used to cycle daily to tuitions with a heavy backpack,but it never felt like a chore. August 2016 to May 2017 was really good. I was studying reasonably good,in controlled diet,physical exercise,etc. From February to May I used to study for 12 hours+ asmy exams were nearing. In exams,first 2 papers went pretty well,in the third one,where I was confident about the subject,I was completely blanked out. I couldn't write the thing I read just before my exams. It was terrible,I came home and locked myself in room for next 8 hours. I knew this was not going to end well. The rest exam again went pretty fine. 16th may to 1st August was again really good period,I was optimistic that somehow things would work out as other papers went good. In those couple of months I was at the peak of happiness and joy,really great time. August 2017, I failed both the groups in my exam and from that exact moment I started having road accident anxiety again. I started studying again but hell,I couldn't even think about anything other than accidents for more than a few seconds. Then my psychiatric treatment started again where I found I had chemical imbalance in brain,thanks to couple of scans and blood tests. I was told this treatment might take more than a couple of years since anxiety and depression both were to be treated. August 2017 to August 2018 was complete hell for me. I don't even want to write about it over here. Lots of emotional breakdowns, suicidal tendencies (I tried to jump off my building but stopped somehow) and extreme levels of stress. I used to travel to Mumbai from Pune once every week to see my doctor. I was fooled by a couple of so called psychologists in Pune,hence Mumbai. July 2018, I've already skipped couple of attempts,almost have missed chance to get into a big firm for articleship, fortunately my treatment is over and I'm mentally stable right now. Physically I've gained more than 15 kilos (already crossed three digit mark) and now sort of coming out of depression. Not saying all things we bad, there were a few good things too. I got a puppy, I drove a lot to eliminate my anxiety and I travelled various places in this period,but nothing what I actually should be doing. Right now I'll be trying my luck at upcoming attempt and just let life unfold the way it wants to. It's like giving up the controller for the game and just watch what happens. I realised my kundli was wrong,it was showing Pieces moon but actually is Scorpio. Then I came to know I'm under Sade Sati,then I digged deeper and saw my Ketu dasha is going to start. I've read a lot about it over the internet and hence on this forum.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 03 Sep 2018

I understand the same. But having passed Ketu, my sincere advice to you. Stay away from predictions, and focus on learning as an observer during there 7 years. Trust me, my friend, it plays on your mind. If your mind is strong you will be able to accept the hardest lessons of your life, in the worst time frame as well. It will be difficult, and you yourself will make it difficult for you to have your mind at peace if you look at astrology from the perspective of predictions.

You can learn about the nakshatra where Ketu is. Its pada. And also rest of the nakshatras where major energies of your life are. Observe these 7 years. Journal. Because things will be confusing. By journaling, you will see patterns which will help.

Currently you are in a state of high activation. Anyone trying to ask you to calm down, or be patient will be shunned by you. When you have exhausted all your energy, your want to have your mind really at peace, and when you are not able to make that change that you are expecting, think about it.

Also, another easier way is to loosen all the expectations you have made from birth until now. You do not know that you have many.

And do remember to practice your passion 'without any expectations' these 7 years. Hope it will help.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 05 Sep 2018

And oh well, i am so sorry, i missed to write something very important. I see one of your passions now, you decribed about. Thats a life saver isn't it! I share the same with you. I used to be good too. Extremely good. And i too remember that when i had to choose a stream. I got few books of Stats, just for having a look, from a senior of mine. And i felt depressed. I chose Science. But i remember that day when i had to 'choose'. Trust me nobody but me was supposed to make that decision. Because it is me who had to study. And i never cared about grades, yet topped 90% of time. However still, the act of 'choice' was very difficult. I am glad, after 18 years, standing here today, to have listened to my heart that day in making the choice that my inner being told me, and not where the world was going, and what was trendy. Your choice may not be same as mine, or anyone else', and so be it. But respect the voice of your inner self.

Life has come a full circle now. I study different things. I work hard in different areas of my life. Sincerity and positive thoughts always give good results. Even in your difficult times. Even in your Ketu. It has for me.

Also, in a very very difficult situation of my life, during my Ketu, i was also told to read Hanuman Chalisa daily. I simply cannot do these things. I did it my way. Researched about what is the meaning of Hanuman Chalisa. Who was Lord Hanuman? What did he do? Bravery! Standing for righteousness. Supporting righteousness.
A different astrologer, for same issue, told me, to 'keep my ground'. Trust me for the position i was in, it was very difficult. Most difficult for most of the people had i given the details over here and taken a poll.

I stood my ground. I cannot fight in another way, but i stood my ground of the righteous path. Roll up the energy of what Lord Hanuman did in Ramayan, and compare it to that sort of vibration. I crossed a mountain. Not one person was able to say anything to me, despite the uncoventional path taken by me. And today, nothing and nobody tells me that i did anything wrong.

So have faith in your existence. Naysayers will say. Even your close ones will become naysayers. That is their fear. If you a
Adopt their fears, in Ketu you will see clearly, what adoption of someone else's fear gets you to. Eventually you will anyways start believing in yourself by the end of Ketu. It is just a matter of how peaceful your want the state of your mind to be during the 'now in your consciousness' forthcoming 7 years.

Also know, that the hard work you do not does not give an immediate result. And so does the bad action as well. Both will eventually fructify. So knowing the same, why indulge in things meant for pure pleasure? Think about it. Eventually, it is the result of our own actions that we get. To us it may look like it is happening to us, but actually it happens because of our own past actions only.

Do you think that you have not indulged in indulgence and done rash things and said on surface 'no regrets'. You do not need to answer my question. Just answer it to yourself.

ADI7YAK

Post by ADI7YAK » 06 Sep 2018

Thank you for your kind words,wanderingSteps! Helps a lot. I can already notice some effects of Ketu Dasha (not sure if it’s because of that or because of sufferings). I’ve been meditating a lot lately and into a lot of spirituality oriented stuff. It's just incredible to see what human mind can achieve. I've read a couple of books of Swami Vivekananda and a monk called Om Swami (you should check him out on YouTube,pretty epic person) and I sort of intellectually understand that no prediction can be made. Life has infinite possibilities and it's a very genius dream machine which can dream up every single thing in this universe. There are infinite versions of me being infinite other beings a person could ever imagine. Human has absolutely zero control over the happenings of life no matter how hard one tries to gain it. We are under an illusion that we have our life sorted and in control but in fact,it's not. Like I said previously it's like a game where you've given up the controller to "that". Some call it god,others call it consciousness. This god is very very clever and intelligent. A human mind can never be able to fathom to the intellectual capabilities of this god. Many monks have understood this which invariably leads to death of ego, the selfish image we have of ourselves. I like the analogy that we are in a dream machine. It's really convincing. This dream machine can dream Machine can dream of anything that is ever possible. I also know the theory of singularity. It might seem very depressing at first,but the bliss these people talk about, I want to experience it, at least once. Even a couple of seconds would be great. All this can be understood intellectually but to experience it is a very different and profound thing. There are many ways like meditation and self inquiry. If you would've asked me couple of years back whether things like seeing future by just looking at one's face is possible, I would've laughed the hell out,but ask me now and I'll be agreeing to it. Why? Because I've met at least half a dozen people who read my life events like a paragraph in a book by just looking at my face. So yes,mind can be made extremely intelligent by practice. I also believe in Samadhi,and it's very possible to achieve given one is ready to have longing to merge with the one, real Yog. The monk I mentioned above used to meditate for 22 hours a day in Himalayas. I know we normal humans will have to work a lot to gain that level, but at least we can start somewhere, somehow. I started meditation few months ago with 20 minute sessions. Currently I'm reaching two hours and my next big goal would be four hours at a stretch.

I'll be"watching" the game and the emotions for sure. I'm waiting for the day when I can differentiate my "self" from this body and mind which I'm so attached to. Till then,we go on a huge rollercoaster called life.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 06 Sep 2018

Okay ADI7YAK. I understand what you are saying, and what state you are in. I had been in a version of same state quiet recently in Ketu. The effects of it are there still. But one thing i realized when i was in my Ketu, that i wanted to be happy, more than what i thought i wanted as material gain which my creators had put me into at an age when i was not able to think for myself. Their definition, or for that matter, anybody else's definition of what happiness is, should not be adopted by oneself. You only would know where you feel happy.

Ketu is not entirely bad. Materially or otherwise too.

And you seem to be surrounded by, internally too, someone who will believe quite easily in what other's expectations are of you. And that parallel is what drew you to the science of Astrology.

I too, remember to get drawn to it in the 1st year of my Ketu, not before that. The learning part that is. Its a huge science. And there are certain things that your mind knows, and will be present in your chart too, those that are good and your truth, but even experts will not tell you, because it is human nature.

So why give the steering wheel of your mind to someone else. You can go into it as much as you want, but do not forget the goal. All you want is to be happy.

I think that you are technical enough to grasp minutest changes. So why not just observe how your mind works during the course of a particular set of vibrations, talks. It is a very interesting process. It will not cheat you. I have gotten some good results thus far, and i am continuing to do so.

When astrology confused me, like any other field of study, lets say when it started to became rocket science, i got away for few days. And then come back, after having talked to my mind and figure out what was actually bothering me. I also followed modern practitioners of spirit, who dress like myself, and explain things in a language that i understand. I also sometimes listen to those who do not dress like me, and have a Venus-ian get up that is rare in these times, yet which works for them, and that too helps if they have the right answer to the question in my mind.

But it is most important to feel happy, and understand what leads to a low state of mind. It is like a wave. When i practice a lot of my passions for a period of time, i feel good. And then comes a state of low, and along with it, naysayers. Co-incidence? No, not at all.

Then again i deal with that low state, and again go back to practicing my passions. Being in a low, killing state of mind, does not mean that one is crazy. However, if you show it to the world, they are bound to manipulate you. Own your mind. There should not be anyone driving it.

If i sound stern, i mean it.

Kritika

Post by Kritika » 10 Dec 2018

Hello readers,
Am going through the ketu mahadasha rn..venus AD
i totally agree with wanderingSteps. We have to be an observor...I myself being in astrology before even ketu mahdasha started wanted so hard to know how my ketu mahadasha would be..i did not know that LOVA existed back then but i kept asking my maternal uncle who knows to read charts but not a professional astrologer...i was so worried because my previous dasha was so troublesome(mercury>saturn) and was the first time i was facing a bad phase in life...But he simply said ketu won't be so hassling for me.

Yet i didnt find his answer satisfactory.

But now i don't feel like knowing what will happen.
Because ketu is known as the planet which snatches away something from you.
My ketu is in scorpio in 5th house
And it made me discover the spiritual world and i keep on discovering more about hidden knowledge including astrology.
but what it takes away is my studies..it has been causing obstacles in my life as a student.
And yeah for me hanuman chalisa works well.
Actually i would say it works for everyone. It's just that everyone's karmas are different which is why evryone feels the effects of hanuman chalisa in different span of time. Besides..when you do the chalisa i believe one should forget all the tension and focus on the chalisa with all love and devotion.

But it's highly essential,in my opinion..that one continues to keep faith and do the chalisa daily..it saves you from any bad events in either small or big way. God is always there fo us..it's our own karma which acts as a barrier between us and god.

KaliDarkMoon...i am very much inexperienced in life as am only 16...but you faced was so much tough...if i were in ur place and at your age...i would have suicided.
I hope you are seeing an astrologer for remedies etc...let's hope you have a better future ahead.