Dasa sandhi

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sanjitdutt
Dasa sandhi

Post by sanjitdutt » 26 Aug 2018

Has anyone experienced dasa sandhi period when changing dasa when it is said that for the period, both the incoming and outgoing planets stop exerting any influence. For example, according to Barbara Pijan:

consider dasha sandhi to START at the mark of half of 10% of the combined total number of months before the end of previous mahadasha,

consider dasha sandhi to END at the mark of hhalf of 10% of the combined total number number of months after the beginning of the subsequent mahadasha

For Example

if advancing from Surya Mahadasha into Chandra Mahadasha, add together 6 years for Surya and 10 years for Chandra. The two combined periods = 16 years

= 10% of 16 years = 1.6 years (approx. 18 months)

= dasha sandhi begins approximately 9 months before the end of Surya mahadasha

= dasha sandhi ends approximately 9 months after the start of Chandra mahadasha

= Surya Mahadasha will start losing momentum soon after the start of Surya-Zukra bhukti ; Chandra Mahadasha will give full effects only after the first 9 months of Chandra/Chandra.

I am particularly interested in learning if someone experienced this during change from Sun to Moon dasa

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dasa sandhi

Post by astrostar » 01 Oct 2018

Calculations may be correct.
But, this is not a correct concept and I don't agree with this.
This is my opinion.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 01 Oct 2018

I too do not agree to the concept of both planets stopping their works !!!

TKC

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 02 Oct 2018

In Dasa sandhi planets do not stop work.
In chandra dasa, within 6 months of the starting I went abroad on an assignment. So even before that, I had to work on the papers since it was an assignment to US and visa can be refused even. But it went fine.
Only middle portion of the dasa was so horrible.
Similarly the end of budha dasa till the last month was good and I came first in school, then ketu dasa started and everything changed soon. So each planet seems to operate from day 1 and until the completion of their period.
Only humans stop work several months before shifting jobs or retirement from work or going abroad on an assignment and so on.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 02 Oct 2018

Stopping work is not the correct concept IMO. This is a sandhi or joint/transition. There could be issues as the planetary energies change. This puts ones body and mind under stress. Taking this "stopping" literally for long dasha transitions would mean that one or more bhuktis would not really work- and this has definitely not been my experience.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 02 Oct 2018

Please share your experience during each dasha sandhi good or bad or neutral whatever?

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 03 Oct 2018

Extremely painful period of shift from Ketu to Venus. Ketu as everyone knows is mostly very painful. And so was it for me. It seemed like the entire world can make a fool of me. There were some resolutions in Ketu, but after an unbelievable amount of mental and physical struggle and changes that i only had to make. No remote control available, no professional/ worldly professional opportunities 'like before' were coming by.

1.5 months into Venus Dasha, and the struggle is still the same, just that i have accepted from my mind that i only will have to make changes to change my life. Nothing is coming by easy. Absolutely nothing! I had to do, and even now i am made to do things i never believed i would. Every single thing i have done in last 3.25 years of Ketu and 2 months into Venus, were something i never imagined i would. Changes. Changes of being a strict person. Change to decide to 'fight'.

The fight has been all alone only. Nobody helps, only you have to believe in all that you have. Family, friends, the world, does not help you. I had to get extremely patient to find solutions, solutions where there should never had been a problem to begin with. Can you imagine that 'it was a struggle, it is a struggle for me to be strict, to become the ascendant i have, the Capricorn'. It may sound quiet emotional, but it is a fact that being strict with the world and easy with yourself is not a child's play.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 03 Oct 2018

Everyone of us is born due to papa and punya karma performed over janmas which is sanchita karma out of which we experience a portion which is the prarabhda karma. So sins that we are destined to face during this period are given by a dasa which is a functional malefic and then unfavourable gochara and so on. However, we are not aware of our previous sins and try to fight for justice everytime. Whether we are destined to get it depends on our prarabhda and sanchita. Nevertheless we act upon it since we are not told we have sinned and this is the punishment.
It is difficult and that is the reason we have to get rid of all karmas it is said or do nishkamya karmas ie without expecting any result do your duty.
We become helpless, get angry when we suffer, it further affects our health and the ones near by. Only plus point of suffering is that we are burning portion of our bad karmas accumulated or rather the suffering intensity gets reduced but if it is at infinite level, then even the reduced intensity will be too high that one finds no change.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 04 Oct 2018

This is one perspective. Another perspective is that we are not suffering at all, but simply building credit for the new in future.
You never know who you might be saying an encouraging or possibly discouraging statement to. Someone may not be a sinner at all! Life requires to build things for both negative and positive entities. It may not be the same stuff being build and there may not be a reference for an expected result, which makes all challenges look like the suffering, because there are ample discouragment anyways taught in our society, especially when we do not know the answer/ the result of an action.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 04 Oct 2018

Expanding more on the above perspective, at present it does not look like any reflection of the outer world is changing in a way to match that which was considered normal, that which the world considers normal. If though, i remove the worldly definition of being normal, and surviving materially in the world was not a worry, then definitely some really positive, but painful reflections i am able to see. These reflections had come about because of my own efforts only, during the last half of Ketu Mahadasha, continuing up until now. A fight for the truth, for getting what i deserve. But know that, without the fight, nothing was coming by/ No change, nothing close to matching normal. Only with fight, at least these basic minimal positive reflections i am able to see. Though, these reflections, were also observed during the last half of Ketu. Again, only in small amounts then, and with extreme amount of effort. Only now with the onset of Venus, for an unknown reason, there was a definite shift i noticed in my brain, that even with the struggles, i started to accept the pain, and not abandon the world, like how i was feeling during Ketu. Like, not literally abandon the world, but yet abandon it. Right now, with 1.5 months in Venus, i feel better, but yet lack of energy towards continuing to build for fulfilling my dreams.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Oct 2018

Another perspective is that we are not suffering at all, but simply building credit for the new in future.
This is exactly what I thought before too but normally when situations arise from this janma where we have to fight, we fight, we do not know if we have sinned in previous janmas to suffer in this situation, so taking this janma into account we fight. Or may be this could be an incidence of this janma only, no previous history and then we begin new account wrt this aspect and suffer, then why should we suffer when there is no connection with previous janma and the suffering is new caused just now, it looks funny, that this is for building credit.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 05 Oct 2018

Dev
There is a knowingness. One cannot know the details, or may be some who are capable can know the details, but there is always a knowingness when you are building stuff for future. We are in pain when we do so, build something that 'nobody else has built'.

And quiet honestly, i presented my original experience in this thread for someone to mention if they had a similar experience. I am not at all doubtful of my experience of the Dasha Sandhi as being confusing (because it is something i have never done). And i wanted to see if someone know until when would it last, because this time i am just impatient.

The other time, when i was building something from scratch i was a child and no dearth of hope and positive faith. There was nothing to compare to, so there was no fear also, and hence no question or sharing on a forum like current! You see a 5-year-old can talk to oneself, and assume that s/he has shared it with the world.

If one is suffering because of a bad deed, one would know, for the simple reason that everyone know their intentions at least. There is no need to look into your past life, just look at your intentions of the current life, the intentions themselves are a pattern continuing from the past life. You simply cannot just replace your soul when taking a new birth, you always carry the energy you have built in any life.

There is not a lot of text/ literature available, or say I have not researched as to how and in how much time does a positively exerted energy fructifies into the desired form. What is the unit of that work required to manifest a required form? How can the manifestation be measured in terms of volume/ value, and in how much time?

And that I what I believe was the intent of this thread/ original quest by the thread creator. Dasha Sandhi. Experience during 'end of a cycle'/ Ketu Mahadasha to 'beginning of a new cycle'/ Venus Mahadasha. From my perspective i provided the experience from Ketu to Venus.

If someone can provide the respective experience of other pairs of Dasha Sandhi, that would add to the thread.

--
But really Dev there is a request I have to you. Kindly don't change the purpose of the thread. There was another thread, actually 2 of them I started, where the question/ purpose of the thread is something different, and you have taken the focus to a common theme which probably is close to your mind, but not serving the 2 threads at all.

This thread has not been started by me, but here, at least, don't make it look like others too, are changing the topic. I want to stick to the topic originally intended. If you still want to continue your path, go ahead, freedom is everyone's right.

MadInKetu

Post by MadInKetu » 06 Oct 2018

Hi,

I believe there is a period before every dasha starting which tries to tell you something.. so far I have had only 2 dasa Sandhis.. Saturn to mercury when I was 7 or 8 and I don’t remember anything much but the one recently from mercury to Ketu.. I will never forget

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 07 Oct 2018

Wow! I am actually curious, that you noticed something specific. In my Mercury to Ketu, I think i was not even aware. Like i was just very busy with things piling up as work. I was really just unaware. Not at all, as far i remember even having an interest in astrology. Only one year into Ketu did i see that there was some little issue in one particular area of my life. And rest was history/ my story.

What did you notice from your Dasha Sandhi of Mercury to Ketu?

MadInKetu

Post by MadInKetu » 07 Oct 2018

@wanderingSteps: Even I was not into astrology before ketu started.. I was a happy go lucky person and used to get whatever I wanted if I pray to god.. when my mer-sat was going on and I was finishing my bachelors as usual parents started searching for marriage.. an astrologer said if I don’t get married in 1.5 yrs before ketu starts then I’ll get married only after 33.. as ketu is in my 2nd house..

I still dint care at that time but after marriage things were good in mer-sat still.. but the last 6monyhs of mer-sat messed up everything..relocation to the worst place knew no one.. new place.. family life was good until then but after moving regular fights.. I messed up one of my applications with govt and usually it gets cleared in 3 months but for me only for me it took around 1 year to get it right.. I was in the verge of leaving the place due to visa issues but wanted to be with my husband at the same time.. literally was like a cat on the wall for almost a year.. used to cry everyday thinking I might have to leave any min.. that’s when my mom remembered the astrologer said before marriage and she went and confirmed my ketu dasha started..

2 months entering into ketu I had a bad fall on my back and my neck and back was so painful took Mri and xrays.. was having panic attacks and was taken to hospital where they messed up again.. I was given medicines of 1mg dosage instead of 0.1 and every time I try to get up for my basic needs and walk I would faint and fall.. I was all alone at home as my husband had joined this new place recently and couldn’t take off days immediately.. I used to feel so lonely and not well and thank god found in a week that the medicines I was taking was overdosed and stopped immediately.. also in the hospital when they ordered blood test for me one of the nurse disturbed my nerve while drawing blood and every time I try to move my right hand it becomes numb and I get a tingly feeling took a month of thiamine to get the mobility back without any disturbances..

Forgot to mention I also made a car accident in ketu ketu when I just eneyered ketu dasha.. thank god nothing happened to me .. I really thank god for it.. but had to pay the other party heavily as it was a bmw and I was also jobless at that time in a new place..

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 08 Oct 2018

Hmm, I understand the loneliness part very well. For me, i am naturally someone who does not want to be with someone all the time, so loneliness part was actually very good for me during Ketu. But just like how i dont like crowd i can understand, someone who may like light/ heavy company and is without it, feel. So i get that it would have been very tough for you.

But once you get into Venus, slowly, very slowly, your mind will automatically start to feel good, despite the external reflections remaining similar to that in Ketu.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 08 Oct 2018

So, again, while being in my Venus Mahadasha and less than 1 year into it, i see the same external reflections as i saw in Ketu, but with even worse intensity, and my mind having accepted them, and life having forced me to develop a skill, new skills to deal with them, something i had not done before, but only that the reflections were shocking and greatly shocking during Ketu, because it happened to you the first time. Realization happened the first time, so it looked like a shock. Every year of Ketu something new. But by the end of Ketu, i started to fight for the injustice i realized was done to me, and the Dasha Sandhi phase at the end of Ketu, i was scared and fighting, but during the Dasha Sandhi phase of Venus start, i am not scared and still fighting. I have not accepted the shocks, because they have happened so many times, that they cannot be denied by me as reflections, and there is a clear pattern of what they are communicating to me, about me.

The good part of Ketu Venus Dasha Sandhi, within Venus Mahadasha is that you/ your mind feels better and that it realizes that a new phase of life has started, with a lot of uncertainty though, you travelling without a torch in darkness, still darkness and confusion, but you hold on to and appreciate every tiny spark/ dot of light as you go along.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 08 Oct 2018

During my mercury dasa ketu dasa sandhi, I had lots of experience.
Mercury sat bukti was excellent I was first in the class and all students and teachers loved me, I loved all, I was then around 9 -10 years old that time. I was more a kid, did not know anything at all about the world, no distinction between humans, I played with all students. In fact, one exam was scheduled in the morning, but I thought it was in the afternoon and stayed at home, the teacher named Ms.Dhanam came over to my house by walk and took me, then I wrote and came first. After this came ketu, I changed school, after few months, suddenly my father passed away. I was totally shattered. Same person who saw every one unique now could not digest this, when classmates asked what is your father doing, I said something and never liked to share that he was no more, so I was totally the opposite of what I was in budha, I became totally isolated since at home too, my family was shattered and at school, when others talked of their father, I could not. So lot of change totally unexpected. I did not know then about dasas even.

ADI7YAK

Post by ADI7YAK » 10 Oct 2018

My Ketu dasha has started yesterday (on Oct 10th) and so far I cannot sense any significant changes in and around me. The only change which can be related with "dasha sandhi" is increased interest in spirituality that is Ketu's power,I guess. Also I don't think we should try to relate the experiences with planetary forces because I honestly think there are probably thousand other forces acting upon. It's impossible to find out the exact co relation between the event of our life and the planetary position. Our galaxy,Milky way itself has millions of other planets and stars and confining the results to just one or two planets doesn't seem logical. I'm not saying the science of astrology is incorrect,but I think there's way more to it than we actually think. I remember Ellipsis from this forum stating a similar thought somewhere.

I'll be journaling significant changes over here hoping it might come handy to someone in the need.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Oct 2018

Effect of Dasa sandhi could be felt in many cases may be for a short period. It is because each dasa is different.
For eg. I was very emotional and sensitive during venus and moon but very bold and with fighting attitude in sun and the present mars dasa. Also in the previous two dasas I liked speaking to women (almost exclusively) but not in the sun or mars dasa. May be because the first two are feminine,emotional, the other two masuline, shatriyas with tendency to fight without fear. I mean the quality of planet influences a lot the nature of the person during his dasa.
Sometimes, a good dasa can give more confidence and a bad period less confidence in the individual, that is a different case.

pinkroy
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by pinkroy » 15 Oct 2018

I feel dasha sandhi effect is felt in the last few months of the dasha that is ending.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 31 Oct 2018

Again a small update, as much as the experience. I observe the patterns of the Ketu extending to its respective Dasha Sandhi with Venus Mahadasha, at least until 3 months in the sandhi period of Venus. Patterns of pain like in Ketu Mahadasha from lots of smaller events at the start of the Venus Mahadasha. Small intensity stings, totalling as big only, but yet lesser in intensity as compared to what you see in a full blown Ketu.

gopi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by gopi » 10 Nov 2018

There is so much Ga ga about Dasha Sandhi which might be totally true. For me I have seen Rahu (since borth time, Rahu in meena lagna with shani) then Guru (Guru in 6th house) and then Shani (Shani in Meena lagna) and now in to Budha (Budha in Mercury with venus, Sun and Mars all in Mithuna - no graha aspecting). In navamsha, Budha is in 9th house & Meena is also the Navamsha lagna. My mercury is combust and retrograde. No doubt as a human I expected lot of exciting things to happen to me like getting new job or even anything new to support my family and do my karmic duties. My Budha dasha started recently. Nothing has happened to me. My wife saw some three famous Astrologers against my wishes who all said that I will have great Budha dasha, great job and great family life. Nothing has come true and months have passed. For me I have lost faith that anything good will happen to me. I am Ok with this. May be I did not do enough Punya to support my family. By default from childhood I am a strong Vishnu Bhakth & naturally listen to Shree Vishnu sahasra nama as it makes me happy. I am also a keen observer of astrology. So far whatever Sage Parashara has mentioned has happened in my life except this Budha dasha related one. Even sage Parashara states things will be good if you have Budha in mithuna. Some astrologers think if Budha is retrograde and combust (Mercury is at 5 and half degree), nothing good will happen. I lost my top job as CTO during the end phase of Shani dasha (Of course Shani dasha tortured me like anything like too many ups and downs in with jobs, my M.S and USA stays etc, but Shani dasha could not shatter me as I am strong believer of Karma. So I do not blame or praise Shani for what has happened in my life).
To cut the story short, though I am ready to work for cheap salary (I have distinguished M.S and B.E degree holding top positions in USA and India like Director etc in the past!) and ready to work as a Programmer for some 10 lakh rupees/year, no one is interested in me. I used to get at least 3 times this salary, but I never touched or saved that money. I did not do anything bad with such money except eating some Pizza during week ends! I do not drink and I am a total vegetarian. I only used the money for the good of all. I am sure anyone will use money for the good of beloved ones. I never regard money as something very high, it is just another resource. I have lived without money for years during my childhood as I literally spent my days on streets, studying and working as a virtual orphan during my Rahu and Jupiter dasha. One good thing that happened during my Guru (Guru in 6th in Leo) is that I got merit seat for Engineering and also for Medicine. Since no one helped to deposit one thousand rupees for the medical seat, I took up to Engineering reluctantly and passed it with Distinction. But deep down my heart, I wanted to become a Doctor, do free operations and help poor people like myself!
So I have stopped updating my profile in Naukri since last week. I just believe that only good things happen to good people and may be I am not that good and hence Lord Vishnu is not helping me to support my family for College going children. I looked in to my children and my wife's charts and they all are running good dasha - sandhi periods.
May be it will take one more year for my Budha dasha to kick in!. Whatever it is, I am a happy soul because I did not bring anything to earth and will not take anything out of earth except my karma. So I am happy. If something good is not happening, no problems. I am ok with this dull dasha change over too. Hope this helps some one. Sorry about long self story. I hate to write about self, but I have to give facts. hence chose to write my own life Dasha experiences. Sorry If I look very awkward. Hari Om