Best websites for chart calculation

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor
Best websites for chart calculation

Post by wanderingSteps » 11 Aug 2018

Hello All
Please guide on some of the best websites for creating a birth chart. I am finding a difference of upto 13-14 days in the start time of a given Dasha with my chart from different websites. For example, the change from Ketu to Venus Dasha, one website says August 16th, another says August 19th. Then when going through some of the posts and creating charts by others as per their birth details, there was a big difference in what the contributors claim, say, the Venus Dasha of a person started vs. the websites i use.
Regards

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best websites for chart calculation

Post by vedicmaths » 11 Aug 2018

hello wanderingSteps,

I think you are beginner in astrology. Such differences are bound occur , since there are
different standards of calculations.

To begin with, you may try to understand the following terms in astrology.

1. Sidereal
2. Tropical
3. Ayanamsa
4. preciesion

You may got to the following site and download this free and best software.
http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh/

3. jh_full_install.zip (102.0 MB): Fresh and full installation of Jagannatha Hora. It contains accurate ephemeris for 12899 BC-16900 AD. It has a larger atlas with 2.5 million cities. Download

you may click on the " download " that you will find as the third option in the web page
as given above.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 11 Aug 2018

wanderingSteps wrote:
11 Aug 2018
Hello All
Please guide on some of the best websites for creating a birth chart. IRegards
Please learn yourself through a teach on manual part of erecting the chart. You have studied mathematics in your school days on Longitude and latitude.

Don't trust software on astrology... any recommendation done not worth. Do manual , that's will be strength. Without Mathematics manual calculations, astrology will not help

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 12 Aug 2018

Hi Lex

Sure I will. Can you recommend some good books. I am not able to learn through a course in a limited time, but I can do well with learning from books. I always wondered otherwise, how do astrologers start to learn. I understand i may not have googled it yet myself, and this information might not be that difficult as my subconscious was assuming.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 13 Aug 2018

Hi VedciMaths

Thanks a lot for this as well. It was really helpful. However, you know I just have a silly question. Background: I am temporarily in a developing nation where 4G speed isn't 4G. It took a while after 4 trials to download the full (installation) software, kept failing otherwise.
After I opened the software, put in my details, trying to see the few things I wanted to confirm, something happened and my laptop started making noise (heavy processing) which has not occurred for months now. (I don't do gaming or any other heavy-duty activity over the internet. No videos were streaming at that time). And boom, within 6 mins of renewing of the fixed 1.5GB of daily data that is provided by the internet provider in my developing country every day got vanished!!

No background software updates on the system were in progress. This has happened only once more before in last 1 year. My innocent question, have you heard of such a thing in conjunction with this software elsewhere?
Regards
WanderingSteps

Meenakshi

Post by Meenakshi » 18 Aug 2018

Try astrosage, prokerala or clickastro

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 19 Aug 2018

Okay. Thanks Meenakshi. I have been using Astro sage for a while. Over years its software has definitely been updated. Because, it was only during the start of my Ketu (7 years back) or 2010 that used it, downloaded my chart and other calc. That download showed me Aug 8 as the Start of Venus/ End of Ketu. However, the same website/ Astrosage shows me Aug 18 as the Start of Venus/ End Of Ketu now/ last year as well!

And Jagganath Hora software shows Aug 8 as the same. You see, I had put in so much of energy and a countdown for so long on this date.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 19 Aug 2018

wanderingSteps
Dont wander. Take proper steps to learn astrology. :lol:

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 19 Aug 2018

hello wandering steps,

I have not come across any such problem. Hope you have downloaded
from the website provided by me.

Go to "Preferences" menu. Click on the Updates option. You will see a
dialogue window, in which three small spaces are provided to place a
' tick ' mark. Remove if you find a tick in any of those three little boxes.

Even if the automatic update is ticked, it won't swallow 1.5Gb but only
1 or 2 kb, repeat kb.

Till the problem is resolve, you may work on jhora cutting the net off.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 20 Aug 2018

Yes Vedicmaths, the software is working fine. Thanks a lot for the link. It is pretty good. In the meanwhile, i am not sure when but i should start to learn to do the calcs myself.