Negative results in Guru/guru period with positive Guru

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Rain1
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Negative results in Guru/guru period with positive Guru

Post by Rain1 » 15 Mar 2018

Hello all, just trying to see how many users have had a bad start to the Guru mahadasha and what were the ill effects and how long did the tough time last. As Positive Guru is a great benefic, why is it that the beginning of the dasha seems to bring difficult circumstances.
Has anyone else observed/experienced this? If so, in what ways?
Why such a counter-intuitive fruition in the beginning of a great benefic?
What remedies help?
Does Shani antra change things?

Please learned guides give your valuable input. Thanks.

Seeker108
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Negative results in Guru/guru period with positive Guru

Post by Seeker108 » 20 Mar 2018

Check transits, Guru placement in Navamsa. Guru is the most benefice planet according to me, but others have different views.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » 21 Jun 2018

I would really like to challenge the term benefic. May be the definition of the term benefic in our ancient text is not the same as in kaliyug. As per my experience, Guru mahadasha has brought up the worst people and the worst experience ever. Yes, after encountering such strange situations and difficulties, you stop to challenge others. You get mellowed down. You do not tend to waste your energy on people who you think are against you. But in all this, you tend to forget who you are. Your self-esteem is destroyed too. I would still have considered it good, if it helped to transform you but as per me, it tends to take away your identity. It is worst if you also have sadesati during the same time. Probably, the planets in good dignity in someone's birth and navamsa chart hammers him/her the most.

yarntrader

Post by yarntrader » 26 Jun 2018

Artemis -

There is no guarantee that Jupiter mahadasa or antardasa will always be good and in all aspects of life. Even if good in D-1, depends on divisional chart placements. Could be good for experience with children (check D7) but not great for career (check D-10). Ok for education (d24) but not for marriage (D9).

udatta

Post by udatta » 11 Dec 2018

I have very bad experiences on Jupiter Mahadasha and Jupiter anatdasha. very low confidences on job, humiliations, loss of money, family disturbed, aimless life and quite lost in all aspects of my life during 2012-14 time period.

apota
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by apota » 08 Jan 2019

As per BPHS...

. If Guru is in his debilitation Rāśi, combust, associated with malefics, or in Ari, or
Randhr, there will be during his Dasha loss of residential premises, anxiety, distress to
children, loss of cattle and pilgrimage. The Dasha will give some unfavourable effects at
its commencement only. During the later part of the Dasha there will be good effects,
like gain of wealth, awards from and recognition by Government.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 09 Jan 2019

Artemis wrote:
21 Jun 2018
I would really like to challenge the term benefic. May be the definition of the term benefic in our ancient text is not the same as in kaliyug. As per my experience, Guru mahadasha has brought up the worst people and the worst experience ever. Yes, after encountering such strange situations and difficulties, you stop to challenge others. You get mellowed down. You do not tend to waste your energy on people who you think are against you. But in all this, you tend to forget who you are. Your self-esteem is destroyed too. I would still have considered it good, if it helped to transform you but as per me, it tends to take away your identity. It is worst if you also have sadesati during the same time. Probably, the planets in good dignity in someone's birth and navamsa chart hammers him/her the most.
Benefic or malefic is the natural status of the planet. Their function could easily turn out to be malefic because of the nature of the chart and the individuals karma. Natural benefics are quite capable of becoming marakas based on their lordship and placement. Its like this- a good person may also need to kill if he becomes a soldier. The planets are just performing their duty in giving karma phala. Please dig a bit deeper into how dashas work. Just relying on BPHS is insufficient.

Luckygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Luckygirl » 14 Jan 2019

I have similar bad experiences with my running Guru Dasa.
I am like "give me back the Rahu mahadasa". It was a lot easier, had a sense of direction and problems would come and go.
Now I am aimless, don't have any purusharthas, lost all confidence.

arun50

Post by arun50 » 26 Jan 2019

Hey!

Thank you for asking this question, I myself have just posted a similar question. But in my chart Guru is neechabhanga, so the negativity may even be expected to a certain degree.

I agree with Luckygirl, even though the Rahu Mahadasha gave me plenty of mental anxiety, none of the problems were a real threat when I think about it. Especially in the Rahu-Mars period I achieved so many things in college and landed a very prestigious internship. But since the start of the Guru dasha I have lost my job offer from the company I interned at and have had numerous health problems, my family is also facing so many problems and humiliations. In fact, it has put my future in the US in jeopardy as I am unable to find a company willing to sponsor me.

I have read in some places that if Guru is afflicted in the divisional charts then it will initially give adverse effects in the area that those divisional charts are concerned in, but later on it will still give you positive results since it is an overall benefic. Additionally, if you have just begun your Guru dasha it is said that in this Dasha Sandhi Guru is imparting his plan for you and removing the ideas and habits that Rahu left. So in a sense these harsh lessons could be preparing us for the best and most stable long-term future.

I wish you all the best,

Arun

Luckygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Luckygirl » 29 Jan 2019

My start of Guru Dasha was ok. I was introduced to my spiritual guru and teachings of Adi Sankara.
There was a loss in the family. But otherwise ok. But Sani Antara started giving me irreversible problems.
Death like pain. Lost all hope.

arun50

Post by arun50 » 20 Feb 2019

Hey Luckygirl,

I'm sorry to hear about that, in fact my guru dasha just keeps getting worse every passing day. More pain and suffering for my family, but on the small bright side it has given me a deeper interest in spirituality and a more clear head. In Rahu dasha I was much more prone to emotional reactions, but Guru dasha has made me calmer despite it throwing problem after problem at me.

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 20 Feb 2019

One has to check placements in the chart as well. Simply terming Jupiter as good or benefic does not help. Birth details are needed for full analysis.

TKC

arun50

Post by arun50 » 21 Feb 2019

Hello Tylorechandra,

I have a question about my Jupiter placement. So it is placed in the 7th Neecha and I'm undergoing Sade Sati, I have my birth information below. Could you tell me how my Guru dasha will be in general?

DoB: March 7th, 1997
Time: 15:20
Place: Tirunelveli, India

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 22 Feb 2019

Lagna is aspected by Jupiter, Lagna lord and Ketu. While Lagna lord is weak in paksha bala due to Krishna Chaturthi birth and its being in mrita avastha, Jupiter in debilitation with a weak cancellation is the rogakaraka (he is also the bhagyakaraka but Dhanus is its moolatrikona). Moon occupies the 8th bhava in the bhava chart. Jupiter and Saturn are in parivartana in the 7th and 9th houses. Yogakaraka Mars is eclipsed by Rahu apart from being retro and is aspected by both Jupiter and Saturn.Three planets in the 8th house also weakens the chart.

During the current Jupiter dasa, you can experience job changes, a possible end of your foreign stay, illness to you and/or your father, marriage etc. Marriage can improve your fortunes. Some of the events can occur in April this year when Jupiter enters Dhanu rasi for a brief period.November 2019 is when Jupiter, Saturn and Ketu are together again for about two months. That period will also be eventful in the above mentioned areas. When Jupiter in transit also aspects your Lagna, health will be good since in the rasi chart also Jupiter is supporting the Lagna.

TKC

arun50

Post by arun50 » 24 Feb 2019

Hello Tylorechandra,

Thank you very much for your reply and analysis of my chart, I find this quite helpful in planning for the near future. Is it possible at all that I will go to do a Master's in Computer Science this July?

Best,

Arun

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 26 Feb 2019

@arun50,

Such a possibility has a low probability. The answer to your query would lean towards the negative.

TKC

Belief
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Belief » 17 Mar 2019

Birth details - 27 July 1980, 8:45 AM, Jabalpur MP.

I am going through Jupiter - Jupiter as well. There is no confidence and career is not doing well. Sade sati on top of it is making things worse. Will I get some stability in life? Will I get a better job or will I have to go back to home country? When could things improve ?
How will Jupiter- Saturn period starting in 2021 be with Sade sati coninciding. I also have sun and moon with Rahu and Ketu as you will see and Sade sati over the moon will cover all these planets. Is my career, self respect and confidence all going to be lost in the next 4-5 years ? When can I expect things to improve?

Female from India

Thanks for you time

Sujit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sujit » 17 Mar 2019

Belief,
Since Jan 2019 the chart is facing challenges for self, health and life in foreign lands.
Some improvement will be there from April. But Professional matters and confidence will not show much improvement.
You will have to work with patience.
- Sujit
http://astrologer.Sujit.tripod.com
If you have the right knowledge, EXACT predictions can be made. Astrology is an incredible tool for guidance and one should take note of the energies of changing dasa lords.

Belief
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Belief » 18 Mar 2019

Thanks Sujit for your candid response.

I am not someone who could survive without a job (at-least that's what I think right now - cannot say about the future). Will I lose job continuity in the next 4-5 years? I am really scared of the Jup-Sat period which will start in 2021 and will coincide with Sade Sati 2nd phase starting 2020 (due to my Sun-Rahu, Moon-Ketu placement). Will I lose my job in the next 4-5 years or its just about slowdown and zero progression? Is there a downgrade in job? Will I have to return to home country?

My husband's birth details are 1/1/1980, Coimbatore Tamil Nadu, 15:45 (not sure of accuracy since he was adopted).

We got married on 16 Feb 2017 in US (its his 1st marriage, mine 2nd -I was divorced in India in Oct 2009). We bought a home in US on 2 August 2017. I feel my husband is my soul mate(so that's the best Jupiter gave me). Isn't the Jupiter placement in my horoscope good enough to give me stability in its dasha? I was hoping some respite after the 18 years of tumultuous Rahu.

Thanks for your time

Belief
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Belief » 19 Mar 2019

In D10, Jupiter is ascendant and 10th house lord and it is debilitated in 11th house. Also D1 10th lord Venus is in 8th house in D10. Is that the reason why I have so much uncertainty and 0 growth in job? Does it mean I will have to face problems related to career in complete Jupiter dasha?

Please help if someone knows more about this

arun50

Post by arun50 » 29 Mar 2019

@Tylorechendra,

Thank you for your reply, I actually got admitted into the Master's program for Computer Science successfully and will start in September! I am finally stabilizing in my Dasha with health and life outlook.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 30 Mar 2019

Hello everyone,

While my Guru period has not started yet, it will, from may 5th this year. I, too, am concerned now. Since, astrologically I'm betting this to be a beneficial period. But now, reading all these experiences...

Guru in my chart is conjunct with ascendant lord mars, in 2nd house of Taurus. Mars Dasha, now that I look back, was the best part of my life. But Mars, apart from being ascendant lord is also vargottam in D-9. So there's that. However in shadbala tables, Jupiter gets the highest ratios and points. In D-9 it becomes ascendant lord and sits in 4th house of Pisces (own house).

Rahu period, has no doubt become a living hell for me. Nothing else comes close. I suffered a Sade sati in it. And have faced death like pains. Major, major setbacks in higher education; despite being a school topper back in the day. I'm pretty certain no-one's going to hire me now. And honestly I don't want to suffer any more humiliation than I already have. At the hands of superiors, or whatever. Now, I'm hoping to do something related to writing. As a personal form of therapy and hopefully as a profession.

Can any knowledgeable masters here tell me whether my bets on Jupiter and it's upcoming Dasha, are wrong?

Also a different question: 8th and 12th houses are dusthanas, correct? And 1st and 9th are square and trime, so auspicious. So the 2 planets ruling these houses, Mars and Jupiter, in case of Aries ascendant, would they give bad results or good, when conjunct and are friends to begin with?

Details :
D. O. B. - 23/03/1989
Time. - 08:40 AM
Place. - Kharsia (Chhattisgarh. 21:58N , 83:7E)

arun50

Post by arun50 » 01 Apr 2019

Hello Abhi,

I am sorry to hear about your tumultuous Rahu period. First off all I want to say, always trust your instincts regardless of what an astrologer may say. Predictions may often be a little off, and our will power can overcome anything!

I am by no means an expert, I am self educated in Jyotish, but when I examined your chart I see the upcoming Guru Dasha as quite positive. One thing that really helps is that Guru is in the 2nd house with randresha and lagnesha Mars, so expect some sudden events due to Mars. Jupiter falls in Krittika -4 meaning that sun is the star Lord and Venus is sub Lord. Now star Lord promises the events of its house so in this case sun promises 5th house events, and sub Lord executes, so Venus being the 2nd and 7th Lord will bring about harmony and wealth. Additionally your guru is in Pisces navamsha, so don't worry too much about the upcoming period.

The transition between two mahadashas is always a stressful one, and rahu-mars would have been rather painful for you since they are enemies and Mars also owns the 8th. But once the guru Dasha starts you will see a very stressful realignment of your mental state. Because you are moving from rahu's obsession and confusion to a more healthy spiritual approach that guru offers. Another factor is that you are running Sade sati too, which will be entering the setting period which will start as Saturn enters makara in December. I imagine that rahu-mars was made more difficult by running the peak Sade sati.

So my final prediction is that once your guru Dasha starts, you will experience some strong pushes to do self reflection and follow up on some wrongs committed in the antardasha of Mars. But as Sade sati winds down and you finish your Jupiter-Jupiter-Saturn and Sade sati peak in December, you will see a boost to your wealth, mental health, family life, and you'll start seeing the bright future for the next 15 years in this Dasha.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Arun

Vishakha

Post by Vishakha » 03 Apr 2019

Namaste arun50,

Since I began with KP astrology nearly a year ago and you being a learner as well, i am quite perplexed by your good knowledge.
Can i please know it's been how much time since you are into KP?

-Vishakha

arun50

Post by arun50 » 03 Apr 2019

Hello Vishakha,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I only started learning Vedic astrology 9 months ago, in the past month I have delved into KP astrology as I feel that it gives more accurate predictions and helps understand the karma more precisely.

Best,

Arun