Negative results in Guru/guru period with positive Guru

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vishakha
Re: Negative results in Guru/guru period with positive Guru

Post by Vishakha » 04 Apr 2019

Namaste arun50,

Nice to see that within this much of time you are able to do so well. I guess i need to delve further too.
Indeed KP works better...i totally agree with you.
Thanks for answering.

-Vishakha

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 06 Apr 2019

Dear arunji, thanks for your inputs, but there's one thing that confuses me.

[quote=arun50 post_id=281417 time=1554154139 user_id=20893]
Another factor is that you are running Sade sati too.
[/quote]

I believe I already went through one from end 2006 to end 2014. 'Dhaiyya' might be the word you intended. But please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Venus being the 2nd and 7th Lord will bring about harmony and wealth.
[/quote]

I'm always confused about Venus's role in my horoscope. Venus being close combust within 3 degrees, does that mean it's effects and significations get destroyed? Venus is also exalted in 12th house and one of the best planets to be in 12th house, so does that nullifies combustion to some extent? Is that a 'bad' thing actually, combustion getting mitigated, because Venus is also enemy to lagna lord Mars and Jupiter, both sitting in his house, Taurus. Venus being lord of 2nd and 7th house, is also a prabal markesh for my lagna, Aries. Jupiter-Venus are in mutual house exchange, too. With all of the above, can it be said: Jupiter gets ultimate freedom to destroy whatever he pleases about all things 2nd house? Venus being weak and combust and unable to protect its interests. There's also the thing that says Parivartan Yoga between lords of 12th and 2nd always destroy the wealth. So there's that.

But once the guru Dasha starts you will see a very stressful realignment of your mental state.
[/quote]

So my final prediction is that once your guru Dasha starts, you will experience some strong pushes to do self reflection and follow up on some wrongs committed in the antardasha of Mars.
[/quote]

Arunji, I know I'm in a bit of a mess. Time's running bad and it's better to keep my head down. Even if I didn't know whatever little I know about astrology. That means for a long time now, I'm not picking up any fights. I try to get through each day as it comes and pray to get through next, so I could see some light at the end of this bad Dasha. I don't even try to defend myself from accusations at home. The point : I'm trying very hard to stay neutral -or better yet- hiberbated at this juncture. I'm bidding my time. Doing everything in my power to 'not do any wrong' is what I mean.

The only thing I'm stubborn about is my literary aspirations. I also think astrologically its a good idea. Mercury becomes atmakarka in D-9 and sits in own house, Gemini, in 7th house of business with ketu (Ketu signifying isolation, sanctuary, spirituality etc. Among other things).
Gemini and mercury I'm told, is good for all things communication, literature and publishing. Some of the current transits are supportive of that too. Namely rahu in 3rd. And even guru in third from Chandra. In D-1, mercury is with Rahu in 11th house of gains. Both are considered to be good here. But maybe there are other problems.

My father wants me to teach little children (among other suggestions - all of which I despise.) Jupiter signifies teaching too. And Saturn, the hard master, lord of 10th profession, and 11th gains -- also a badhkesh -- sits here in the 9th house of luck, father, spirituality, and orthodoxy. Sun, natural significator of that particular relation, is in 12th. These two combinations, I'm told, pretty much guarantees physically and emotionally absent father. He actually was a banker and I didn't see much of him until I was 10. And when he transferred back, my life, slowly but steadily, became a hell. But he was honest in profession. Never did under-the-table deeds. Never drank, smoked or gambled. And neither do I, despite suffering hellish circumstances and constant pressure. But he's too proud of his self-righteousness. 'Pompous' is the right word here and he doesn't even know he's doing it.

So arunji, does it mean that "self reflection" and "very stressful mental realignment of my mental atate" would translate to me giving up on writing and resigning myself to teaching, as per my orthodox and gloating father's wishes? I'd rather face a firing squad.

Thanks for all your help, Arunji. You really seem like a kind person. And I'm grateful for your insights. Can you please think of some clarifications to my doubts about Venus, mercury and the respective art, literature dilemma in upcoming Jupiter Dasha? I'll be very grateful for it.
Thanks.

arun50

Post by arun50 » 07 Apr 2019

Hello Abhi,

Thank you for your kind words, I am still very new to vedic astrology and am an active student! I must say that part of what helped in providing insight was the fact that I myself had just finished the Rahu Mahadasha.

So first on the Sade Sati: As per the time you had provided, the online software I used showed your moon rashi as Dhanu, so it was my mistake there. You are right, there's not Sade Sati period currently! I apologize for this error.

Now coming to Venus, just like your chart, my Venus is also combust with the sun and posited in the 8th bhava. But it is Vargottama and has proven to be the planet that provides the best benefits for me. I find here that nakshatra association of a planet is more accurate than combustion or house placement, the reason that I think your venus is positive isn't just because of 2nd and 7th house ownership but also due to its star lord being Saturn (a friend and in the 9th house) and sub lord being mercury (also a friend and in 11th house). Now coming to the parivartan between the 2nd and 12th house, as you know a house has multiple significations both live and non-live. To filter down to a milligram of what we're looking for, we must look for nakshatra associations and their navamsha placements.

Firstly, Jupiter is in the nakshatra of Sun, your natural 5th lord, and the sub lord is venus as I had said earlier (2nd and 7th lord). Now since rasi parivartnana is between 2nd and 12th lord, this might not be your millionaire wealth windfall, but it will be beneficial in terms of acquiring knowledge (both Venus and Jupiter are gurus) plus the benefic part of 12th house is spirituality, 2nd house is accumulation of resource/knowledge.

So what I mean by wealth and harmony is not necessarily boat loads of cash, and I should have elaborated on that point. Basically it will bring peace of mind and a sharp insight into gaining 'scholar' like accomplishments. As Venus' sublord is Mercury and he is 3rd and 6th lord, fully expect to be publishing writings. This may be literary works, blogs, stories, etc. You said it yourself that mercury is sitting in its own house in the D-9 and is the atmakaraka, which further supports your literary ambitions.

Now when it comes to reflecting and a stressful realignment, this is necessary to prepare for the Guru dasha environment. You will definitely notice that you start associating with more reserved and wise people that respect you, compared to a more adventurous and tumultuous Rahu period. It's great that you are staying low now, your relationship to your father will be distant as Saturn is in the 9th. I have the same placement so I can attest to what you have said above, but since 9th lord is Guru and he is well placed he will be supportive of what you do ultimately. So just lay low and let the change wash over, you will see gradual but steady growth in your knowledge, scholarly accomplishments, and a healthy income.

I know dasha sandhis can be very stressful, I remember feeling quite hopeless when I had lost my job offer from a wonderful internship during the guru dasha sandhi. It was a huge blow to my ego, but in retrospect it made sense, it was needed to teach me that anything could be taken away. I wish I had someone to guide me during those times, and even though I may not be an expert, I hope that I was able to bring some hope or clarity into your life with my answer.

Wishing you the best! Keep us posted on how the dasha sandhi affects you.

Best,

Arun

saditya86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by saditya86 » 08 Apr 2019

Just from your question I assume that Rahu MD was overall good for you..

My understanding is as the Rahu MD (desire fulfillment) was going good and that good might have stopped or delayed hence you might be feeling that Ju MD is giving -ve results.

Jupiter will not do bad (like malefics) even if ill placed, but to get the benefic results of the Jupiter there is a condition of dharma to be followed.

To reap the benefits of Jupiter one need to follow path of integrity, the Rahu nature of quick schemes/ deception/desire fulfillment here and now will not work in Guru period.

I suggest that you should find a Guru (may be try reading about Dattatrey or Sai Baba..)

sakhi

Post by sakhi » 12 Apr 2019

Luckygirl wrote:
> I have similar bad experiences with my running Guru Dasa.
> I am like "give me back the Rahu mahadasa". It was a lot easier,
> had a sense of direction and problems would come and go.
> Now I am aimless, don't have any purusharthas, lost all confidence.

I am having same experience. Rahu MD I had a steady job , even some sort of self fulfilment. Now the job scene is terrible and overall there is aimlessness. My jupiter is debilitated but I was told it would not matter much. :(

chandra007
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by chandra007 » 07 May 2019

hello,
JUPITER mahadasha is not beneficial for me also, i have jupiter in 2nd house for cancer ascendent which is lord of 6th and 9th house. My jupiter dasa started in jan 2015. In october 2015 , i suffered from serious dengue fever which was life threatening then in 2016 i got chicken pox and in august 2017 i was diagonsed with jaundice. I was always a healthy person never got affected by viral diseases easily but after my jupiter mahadasa started i started suffering from serious diseases easily.

joyd

Post by joyd » 08 May 2019

@chandra-place your birth info.

joyd.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 09 May 2019

I have fairy well-placed Jupiter and is my ascendant lord too.But I was not driving Benz during Jupiter dasha. Education was kinda OK...only in poor Govt schools..

joyd

Post by joyd » 09 May 2019

@sharma who said that lagna placed jupiter will give you benz or audi?

joyd.

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 09 May 2019

It really worries me to see persons just shooting blind astro queries without providing the required basic birth details at the very first step before raising such queries and the expertise has to ask the concerned person for the basic info in order to rectify the queries :(

Capricgurl1987
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Capricgurl1987 » 09 May 2019

i was looking forward to my jupiter MD, now after reading all these posts, I am kinda feelings hopeless. i know jupiter dasha or any dasha is not same for everyone, but now i believe jupiter dasha can be bad too.
Arsh mishra on quora say 3rd, 5th (i forgot 6th 7th and 8th too) mahadasha's are usually bad. for my case i am currently running rahu MD which is my 3rd MD, and its been pretty bad.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 10 May 2019

Joyd ji,
I didn't mention that Jupiter is placed in Lagna. I said only well placed Jupiter( 7th house with Sun and Mercury).
My questions:
1)I heard that during ascendant lord dasha,native will prosper if ascendant lord is well placed.Under what conditions it will not happen?
2) For me,Jupiter is slightly combust,placed in inimical sign with enemy Mercury. Didn't I prosper because
of this placement?
3)Is it because of kendaradhipatya dosha of Jupiter? (Jupiter is not alone here so I guess kendaradhipatya dosha will not be effective)

Please explain.

But one thing I must admit.I was very happy during those periods( my boyhood days) with lots of fun,play and what not.

Bhishma
My Details
DoB:25/06/78
ToB:7.30 PM (Corrected 7.19PM)
PoB:Pondicherry.

chandra007
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by chandra007 » 10 May 2019

joyd wrote:
> @chandra-place your birth info.
>
> joyd.

joyd ji,

As requested by you i am placing my birth info

DOB - 26/04/1992
TIME - 12:15 PM
PLACE - FIROZPUR PUNJAB

joyd

Post by joyd » 10 May 2019

under technical section personal questions not allowed by admin and not answerd by forum astrologers.

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 10 May 2019

place your infos under free reading wing/Other Questions: Childbirth, Birth Rectification, etc.

joyd.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 20 May 2019

[quote=Kannan post_id=284251 time=1558318185 user_id=700]
Study the star lord and sub lord of Guru first . If these planets are connected to 8 or 12 then Guru will give only negative results as per KP system

Kannan
[/quote]

Dear Kannan ji,

My Jupiter's in Taurus,
Kritika nakshatra.
Star Lord - Sun
Sub Lord - Venus

Both sun and Venus are in tight conjunction in 12th house, pisces.

Is Jupiter ownership of 12th house a mitigating factor or my luck in this mahadasha is going for a toss?

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 20 May 2019

Dear Kannan ji,

my birth details are in this very thread. :)

But here they are again :

Date - 23/03/1989
Time - 8:40 AM
Place - Kharsia, Chhattisgarh (21:58 N, 83:7 E)

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 21 May 2019

Dear Kannanji,

Thanks for the enlightenment. I don't know much about KP system, (doesn't mean I know well about others), I just thought, it wouldn't differ from vadic systems so much as to move planets back by an entire house. :)

But thanks for the little hope. Any hope is welcome at all here.

Capricgurl1987
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Capricgurl1987 » 23 May 2019

This might be a stupid question, but I would greatly appreciate any help from all the learned and knowledgeable people here on LOVA, thank you.

If rahu jupiter are conjunct in a house, and Rahu mahadasha was bad, does it mean jupiter mahadasha won't be much good either? Since they both give result of "conjunction " with eachother / combined result? (From what I have understood so far)

So if rahu mahadasha is bad, then the dasha of planets conjunct with them will also be similar?

Astrobeliever

Post by Astrobeliever » 04 Jun 2019

I see absolute no hope when my Jupiter Dasha started way back in Nov 2016. My Rahu Dasha was fantastic as i climbed ladder of success but when Dasha sandhi started in 2016 , everything went upside down. DOB 05 May 1981 TOB 15:25 place Thrissur, Kerala .

anand08

Post by anand08 » 30 Aug 2019

Hi,

I and also under Jupiter-Jupiter period, earlier Rahu Rahumahadasha was not a good period for mental peace but my career was good. My job was stable got promoted in Rahu-Mar. My Jupiter mahadasha started on Oct'2017. Then I lost job on May'2018 again got job in Oct'2018 with good salary but again lost it on Feb'2019 . Since then I am jobless.

I lost my confidence, Lost my Father in July'2018. Trying hard to get my career back of track but no hope so far. My Jupiter in 11th house with Moon and Ketu . (My DOB 28/01/1977 Delhi).

Thank you!
Anand

thenihalanis
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by thenihalanis » 05 Sep 2019

Hi,
I have jupiter dasha started from may 2019, since then i have lost my confidence, having too much anxiety issues, and tremendous stress in office environment, getting harsh comments from superior officers on daily basis, getting bullied in office. During rahu dasha end month i got job change and got promotion with hike, lost interest in all activities and things which i used to enjoy.
Dont know is it for real or some worst of my nightmare going on...

Panku48
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Panku48 » 11 Sep 2019

Hello Arun
Arun can u predict my up coming dasha because it start of jupiter mahadasha i have loss my house mother buisness.all on negative side .completely in debt.day by day increase in tension when things solved out.
Date of birth 21-08-1982
Time19:45
Karnal haryana

arun50

Post by arun50 » 06 Dec 2019

Hello Panku,

I am sorry for the incredibly late response and your challenges! When you wrote that post you were under the Jupiter-Jupiter-Mercury period, your Jupiter does have a challenging placement because it's placed in Rahu's nakshatra and debilitated in the navamsa. Additionally, Jupiter is neutral for a Kumbha lagna so if it has a weak placement then it will tend to give more adverse results.

As the lord of the 2nd and 11th he not only signifies wealth and gains but also family and mother's health (11th is 8th from the 4th) I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, that can never be easy. Now Jupiter is placed in Rahu's nakshatra and Saturn is the sublord. Rahu signifies the 4th house twice so this is generally a positive and Saturn signifies 8,7,2,9,10,1,12 so it will give a range of results pertaining to those house, but it mainly depends upon the antardasha lord. Jupiter itself signifies 4,8,11 which is once again not good for your mother's health at all. In the Chalit, Jupiter falls in the 8th despite being in 9th in the rasi chart.

So as a result your Jupiter dasha is going to be tough in the first half and there is no beating around the bush on that, you will see a reduction of some debts during the 2020-2023 Jupiter-Saturn period, but ultimately the rest of the dasha will be middling but you will not be left without any money. You'll have another opportunity during Jupiter-Venus to make some money and be comfortable, but only from Jupiter-Rahu in 2032-2034 will you see things changing for the better. Because, the Saturn dasha will give you a steady rise as a public figure involved in some form of public works/government contracts.

Please let me know how your dasha is going so far! This dasha sandhi period until 2020 will be stressful regardless because you're transitioning over to this new period. But since the jupiter is a bit weak it has brought a lot of losses.

Best,

Arun

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 19 Dec 2019

Want to add some bits here I recently started contemplating.

In my chart, Seen from both lagna (aries) and moon sign (virgo), the Badhak sits in 9th house. And in both cases it's related to Jupiter - not withstanding Jupiter itself signifies 9th house!
How lovely!

But Moving on...

In lagna chart, Badhak Saturn sits in Sagittarius, Jupiter's mk, itself sitting in 2nd house Taurus, another house he signifies which is also an enemy's sign, thus forming a 6/8 relationship.

In rasi chart, (which I believe to be stronger than lagna until now), Jupiter suffers from kendradhipti Dosha (4th-7th lord), karko-bhav-nashyte dosha (sitting in 9th from moon), conjunct the inimical mars (of rasi lord mercury), and being a Badhak also (7th lord)!

No wonder I have bitter relationship with father figures.

But a surprise in guru dasha!

Since my jup period started in April-may 2019 I have improvement in my eye sight! doesn't matter if it was in lows to begin with, I have been told the number in this age gets kind of settled. Bear in mind the last check-up I got was in 2018, when doctor told me my number in right eye has increased! -1 in both left and right was his diagnosis. Fast forward to Dec. 2019 and we had my father's cataract surgery in Pune, and for the heck of it I got my eyes checked again. I kid you not when I say the doc told me the number in my right eye is gone! practically zero. There's a bit of blurriness but not necessarily stuff that'd require a numbered glass. Also the number in left eye is halved! Became -0.5. I wasn't wearing my old glasses for the better part of this year since it started giving me headaches. And after Doc's super suspicious diagnosis, I went to Lenskart and asked them to re-verify it and they said the same thing!

Now aren't the 12th and 2nd houses signify left and right eyes respectively? Both houses - from lagna aries - have their lord's in parivartan yoga. (This one my father always cursed me about. Told me I'd lose not just mine but family wealth as well). Venus is exalted in 12th but combust within 3 degree. Jupiter is with lagna lord mars. And I'm in its major period only since last 7-8 months.

So is there some explanation? Did my Jupiter suddenly decided to adopt it's natural benefic nature for me? Should the Badhak, Kendradhipti, karko-bhav-nashyte dosha not be considered from moon?