Troublesome Sun mahadasha

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Troublesome Sun mahadasha

Post by Orange-Man » 16 May 2017

Hello,

I would like to ask about my birth chart. I am running the major period of Sun now. It is 11th lord in the 9th house, vargattoma, and is conjunct Mercury, the 9th lord. Since the time the period started, it has given me tremendous emotional pain. I would like to know why it is so, and from when things can improve for me, i.e., I can be more peaceful in the mind? One point I would like to make here: when I was running my Venus-Sun period, even that time, I suffered the same kind of emotional pain, which went away once the Sun ad got over. Why is Sun giving me emotional pain? Sun has nothing to do with emotions, I have heard.

My birth details: 14th July 1980, 1:36 pm, Calcutta.

Basab

"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Troublesome Sun mahadasha

Post by vedicmaths » 17 May 2017

hello basab,

Simple.. Sun is your atma karaka... events can be felt at soul level .
It so happens in your case that you are running moola dasa of Sun simultaneously.
Moola dasa of Sun would end by july -2019.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 17 May 2017

Basab, Since your Lagna is in the Navmansha of Venus Dwadshottari Dasha is applicable. Your are under Mars-Saturn-Saturn from 16th December 2016. Saturn is your 4th lord conjunct with Jupiter the 3L and 6L. Saturn, in 8th house of Navmansha. Saturn in 11H as 4th lord, 11H is 8th from the 4H. In D-9 Saturn is aspecting the 4th lord Sun [ The dire enemy]
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 17 May 2017

Last edited by ChandraLagna on 17 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comment was in extremely bad taste of a personal nature. Please stick to astrology only.

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 17 May 2017

Hello Vedicmaths,

Thank you for taking time out to answer my question. I really appreciate it.

Basab
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Anuradha, for replying to my question. I appreciate it very much.

Basab

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 17 May 2017

Welcome back to the forum Basab.
Warm Regards

Rita

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

vedicmaths wrote:
17 May 2017
hello basab,

Simple.. Sun is your atma karaka... events can be felt at soul level .
It so happens in your case that you are running moola dasa of Sun simultaneously.
Moola dasa of Sun would end by july -2019.

truly yours,
vedicmaths
Vedicmaths.

Which Ayanamsa are you using? In JHora, I am getting Saturn as Atmakarak.
Warm Regards

Rita

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Rita. How are you?

Basab

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 17 May 2017

hello rita,

i am using pushya paksha ayanamsa since its inception.

truly yours
vedicmaths

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

vedicmaths wrote:
17 May 2017
hello rita,

i am using pushya paksha ayanamsa since its inception.

truly yours
vedicmaths
Thanks Vedicmaths.
Warm Regards

Rita

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Orange-Man wrote:
17 May 2017
Thanks Rita. How are you?

Basab
I am ok, thanks Basab.

Sorry to hear that you have been having a tough time, emotionally, since Sun MD started. I don't know from the dasha point of view, however, having Moon Rahu conjunction in Cancer in Aslesha nakshatra definitely makes you a very sensitive individual. I am sure that makes you feel the emotional pain from any event much more deeply than many other people.
Warm Regards

Rita

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Rita,

You are very right on the point you have made about my Rahu-Moon. It is exactly so, what you have said, that I feel an emotional pain much more deeply than others. So maybe, it is that. But I have seen, I have not felt this kind of emotional pain even in my Moon periods, like I feel now, which is why I had put the question, because Sun has nothing to do with emotions. When I was in college, and I was running my Sun AD, which was a 1 year period, that was one of the most emotionally painful periods of my life. That is again the case now when I am in Sun MD. So it's like Sun has a big say on my emotions.

One interesting point I will make here. When I was in college, and I was in Sun AD, I had consulted an astrologer. He told me that my Sun was the most difficult planet, and it was the reason for my misery. I asked him about my Moon, I was wearing a pearl ring then, but he told me, that Moon is not the issue in my chart, it is the Sun. He said once the Sun AD would get over, I would do better, which was absolutely true. He also asked me to wear a ruby for my Sun, which, he told me, would change my fortune, but we thought he was not making sense. Now, I have to accept that he was making the most sense. No other astrologer told me that my Sun was the problem... he was the only one!

Basab

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In BPHS, it is mentioned that if Sun is associated with the lord of a Trika bhava (i.e., 6th, 8th or 12th), then it causes anxiety and suffering during the dasha of Sun. In your chart, Sun is closely conjuct with lord of 12th, Mercury in the 9th house, and it is also retrograde.
Warm Regards

Rita

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Wow! Thank you so much, Rita, for finding out this sloka from BPHS for me. It makes perfect sense now.

Basab

lifeline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lifeline » 18 May 2017

Welcome bacck basab😊

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 18 May 2017

Thank you, lifeline.