How does it feel to change Mahadashas?

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
How does it feel to change Mahadashas?

Post by tandav » 11 Sep 2015

Regardless of whether a mahadasha yields fruits or not, does each mahadasha feel different than the one before it? Even if consecutive mahadashas resulted positive for the native, would there still be a change in atmosphere and vibe when moving from one to the next? Change is inevitable in life and would occur nonetheless, however do people feel a change that coincides with the transition between two mahadashas?

If youre wondering why I am asking a question that I can easily answer with a quick trip down memory lane, the problem is I can't. As far as I can remember, I have only experienced one mahadasha and just recently entered another. The air feels different now, however I'm not sure if the changes are a result my mahadashas or if its all in my head. It could be that I deliberately carry out changes because I'm expecting them. That might just be it. However, I'm not even sure if I should experience that much of a change or not. I'm went from Saturn MD to Mercury, and there's nothing la di da about either or.

Anyways enough about me. I would like to know how it feels to change mahadashas in general. Do we gradually start behaving like the ruling graha? Do we take on a new mindset without wanting to? It would be great if learned members could share their observations on this matter and more preferably, their stories.

Thanks,
Tandav

rachana
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How does it feel to change Mahadashas?

Post by rachana » 11 Sep 2015

Hi,

I don't know much about astrology but I can share my experiences.. I have undergone two dasha changes till now...Both the times, i have felt lot of changes in my life and personality...my first dasha change was from Venus to Sun dasha when I was 12 years old.. It was a positive change...I suddenly became very active... I made lot of new friends that time.. my sun dasha ran from the age of 12-18 and this was a very good period for me. .

My sun-moon dasha sandhi happened when I was 18..suddenly all my friends became my bitter enemies.. from a carefree fun loving person, I suddenly became lonely and aloof... my entire moon dasha was very problematic and depressing..

Now I'm on the last phase of my moon dasha.. my mars dasha will begin next year and I hope things change for the better this time..☺

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 12 Sep 2015

Hi Rachana, so it was a sudden change? I often heard that mahadashas bring their effects a bit before it starts. But nice to hear your experience and its also nice to hear that Sun mahadasha made you feel energetic and active. I'm gonna get my sun md in my 60s. Nice to know that I expect some energy and vigor even then ;)

rachana
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rachana » 12 Sep 2015

I don't exactly remember if there were sudden changes during venus-sun dasha change.. but the changes from sun-moon were sudden and drastic... or maybe I feel so because the changes were more of negative..

Sun is my 7th lord and placed in lagna with mercury and rahu.. While moon which is my 6th lord, is placed in the 11th house with mars and saturn.. so its not suprising that as soon as my moon dasha began, I lost all my friends, my elder sibling started having problems and I withdrew into a shell.. but this dasha overall has made me much more compassionate and strong...

I too heard that changes happen few months prior to the dasha change.. my mars dasha will start somewhere in the mid of next year.. as of now, I've not experienced any changes.. but going by the past, I'm expecting something to happen soon and hopefully it will be for the better :)

Thans for opening this topic.. I would also like to know from others if they have experienced any sudden changes during dasha change.. and yes, I wish ur sun nd too makes u more lively and energetic :D

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 16 Sep 2015

Thank you Rachana for taking the initiative to share on a thread that no one else wants to contribute to. I'm not sure what's stopping other members from reaching out to do the same. Its hard to believe this thread came to a halt. I seriously thought this topic had the potential to bring in constructive and detailed accounts of experiences and observations. And since most people on this forum have experienced a transition of mahadashas or two, I'm quite disappointed to see the topic rust away right here.

rachana
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rachana » 16 Sep 2015

I too expected many replies here as it's a very interesting topic..I would like to share some more experiences of other people whom I know since nobody else is replying..

My father had lot of tensions during mars-rahu sandhi.. my grandfather became bedridden suddenly during that period and my father had to undergo lot of stress...

I had a friend who was very dull in studies...her nature was very annoying and everyone used to keep away from her.. but things changed during her mars-rahu sandhi.. she started doing well in studies and there was a complete change in her personality..

It's truly said that dasha change brings a lot of changes and a life long impact in many people's lives..

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 20 Sep 2015

I can remember change from Venus MD to Sun MD (2008) and from Sun MD to Moon MD (2014).

Venus to Sun: I understood before itself (6-8 months), Sun MD is going to be worst. All the worst things started happening in my life. It started all of a sudden.Rest of Sun MD was hell!. Only alive! that's all.

Sun to Moon: I could not able to make out anything. Absolute zero. Still I believe I am in Sun MD.

DOB: June 7, 1983
TOB: 16:10
POB: Durgapur (23.48 N,87.32 E), West Bengal, India

Regards,

SM1983

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 20 Sep 2015

I am under Saturn dasa since 2011. The period has become dull and routine based with less communication and contacts.
Prayers to the almighty has also reduced. More into consultation(astrological) these days. Not much of this in earlier dasas.
Jupiter dasa kept me busy and active. But I retired from service voluntarily in 2007 during the last quarter of Jupiter dasa.

6th April 1954, 4-30AM, Mysore.

TKC

nelila

Post by nelila » 18 Oct 2015

I am still young so I only experienced two dashas. I experienced Jupiter mahadasha from birth until I was 12 years old. I am still in Saturn mahadasha. What I noticed is that in Jupiter mahadasha, the energy is more optimistic and carefree. In Saturn mahadasha, I feel like I have to structure, schedule everything and exert discipline. Saturn mahadasha however is a period full of internal developments. I feel like I am becoming wiser and wiser as the years go by so saturn mahadasha has its own priceless benefits too.

Itsmevj8

Post by Itsmevj8 » 20 Oct 2015

I felt that change from Venus-Sun dasha.Now i'm in Sun dasha.

Apurba
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Apurba » 28 Feb 2018

Hi,
I'm currently running with Mercury Mahadasha which starts from January 1st day, 2018, after ending 19years of Saturn Mahadasha. Some good experience I'm now feeling. My salary has been hiked considerably since February 2018. Waiting for better tomorrow.

Regards,
Apurba

Arclite
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Arclite » 21 Apr 2018

I 'm going through last phase of rahu mahadasha, jupiter MD is coming in next 9-10 months, Rahu MD is so unpleasant for me, now at this rahu-guru sandhi, i 'm feeling so dull n energy less, also i have become so fat from athletic figure, i feel like time has stopped for a while, currently i m neither facing any troubles nor getting any good news, this is what i m feeling in this sandhi.

tonetide
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by tonetide » 25 May 2018

I probably shouldn't reply to this as I am not very knowledgeable and can easily make things up to myself when thinking about astrology (which isn't to say what I'm about to say isn't true!).

Anyway, I entered Ketu mahadasha in 2013 and in general I kind of feel like it does have a different "feel" to it. The feeling is like the ground is shaky in life, there is a more chaotic feeling, things feel more unstable. Even though nothing dramatic has occurred (I've been in the same job I feel trapped in this entire time), inside it is dramatic. I have also been more reckless and taking more risks and "letting go" of precautions a bit. It's this thing where everything feels more chaotic emotionally and in life and rug could be pulled out from under me at anytime, so I sort of have just embraced it by adding to it.

My first summer in Ketu involved drinking more alcohol than normal and since I would say I have forged a path into addiction but because everything feels so unstable and lacking any foundation, groundedness or routine, it feels like addiction can just be dropped at some time in the future. Anyway, in general it's this feeling of falling apart and that I am just going all-in with it.

rashmi_rh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rashmi_rh » 16 Jul 2018

i can talk only about 2 mahadashas. Rahu mahadasha was average. the worst was during Rahu mahadasha and jupiter antardasha.
then i entered Jupiter mahadasha in 2008. and here venus antardasha was literally suicidal. I have no idea why im still alive. will be moving to sun antardasha from August. IF and thats a "BIG" if im still surviving and things seem to be getting better ill update on this thread.
who else has gone or going thru the same phase as mine?

sanjitdutt

Post by sanjitdutt » 23 Jul 2018

I suppose it depends upon from which planet MD you are leaving and to which planet MD you are going. My change from Venus to Sun started with closure of some private freelance work that I had started in Venus-Mercury and ended in end of Venus-Ketu. I also got some lower paying work and immediately lost it due to a fight with my supervisor. In Venus MD I had a habit of experimenting with different types of freelance work and something would pay off. I was always comfortable in that knowledge, but in Sun MD nothing worked out and teh expenses just added up. I think its best to pay attention to which house is the MD lord 12th from because it will immediately impact that house when the MD starts.

Luckygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Luckygirl » 29 Jan 2019

Horrible. Going through the worst phase of my life. Changed from Rahu to Jupiter 6 years ago. Nothing good is happening. Undiagnosed, misdiagnosed health issues. I am finding it really hard to have hope. Because next will be Saturn MD.
Your attitudes and priorities also change.

king
Contributor
Contributor

Post by king » 30 Jan 2019

Jupiter to Saturn , I had change of school and friends. First part of Saturn was great as I was a popular student at school due to extra curriculars but second half no one knew me at college and it was so depressing.Last part of Saturn I got job and changed to a new place.
When Mercury came everything changed and I was back to the happy and carefree life with good money and all.
For my husband end of Rahu ,he got job.Beginning of Jupiter his father passed away and husband had hospitalization.It was good journey after that with career progress and financial stability but now he is approaching Saturn. Everything is going for a toss.He needs to work in a lower level regardless of his position and with very unprofessional people. I guess Saturn is teaching him to be patient and Guru is giving him lessons.
My Ketu is in another 3 years so no change with me

joyd

Post by joyd » 30 Jan 2019

Its just like you are going to change your old rented house in to a new rental one.Apply this to your asked question.so that it will be very clear that how you feel Tandav..

joyd.

Gudlady06
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Gudlady06 » 15 May 2019

Hi... I am through my third dasha change during my life time and going through my fourth dasha in life. My first dasha change was when I was 2-3 years old, from Mars to rahu. Rahu dasha was good but the changeover period was troublesome. Then Rahu to Jupiter was too disastrous... I lost my dad after prolonged illness... Jupiter to Saturn changeover period was better. I had calmness in mind and acquired assets. Since only a year has passed of my saturn mahadasha, I am not sure about the coming time, especially when my sade sati is also about to start.

joyd

Post by joyd » 15 May 2019

saturn dasa will be fine.

joyd.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 15 May 2019

Hi, I think I should contribute here too.

I've undergone 2 dasa changes.

Born with moon dasa. Not much I can remember about it, really, but one thing I do remember is, I became particularly aware of "happenings around me" since the year mars dasha started. It was like before I was just a cute little kid, now I was a kid with 'purpose' . I know it might sound strange, being like that, at that age. But trust me it 'was' like that. It doesn't mean my kiddish properties were gone. It means even they became very 'clear.' I was driven, very, very focused. Excellent to exceptional concentration powers. Star runner in 100m school races. I was aggressive at home, even if the environment there was heavily restricting and suffocating. I used my Martian spirit for protection of others. I never fought people, until they crossed 'clear' limits. But since I was well respected for my impartiality and ethics, I generally didn't have them. More than that, everytime a fight broke out anywhere in my sight, I ran to it and separated the combatants while everyone else cheered and encouraged the bloodbath. This despite the fact I wasn't physically a very strong person, but my unlimited and misguided self-confidence in my abilities knew no bounds. I was capable of anything. I wasn't a regular topper, most of the times 2nd or 3rd, occasionally first in my class. But I didn't care, I got enough marks without studying seriously and I was exceptionally good at extracurricular activities. I was popular. Girls thought me as the only decent boy in the class. I was arrogant. And I thought of the world in terms of 'clear' black and white. I was heavily judgemental and while I helped people with their studies and anything else I could help them with, I always thought , 'Why is everyone else so dumb? Why can't they understand this simple little thing? It took me only 5 minutes to understand and remember this silly answer.' etc. The last year of mars dasha bestowed upon me many rewards, accolades and praises. It was overall the best year of my life.

This was mars, my lagnesh, sitting in the nakshatra of moon/sub lord Rahu; sitting 2nd house with his friend Jupiter, and vargottam in D-1, D-9, D-10, D-24.

In 2001, my Rahu dasha started and our school changed to day shift, and so did my life, but the former was a cover for the latter. I was increasingly interested in keeping up my carefree but all-rounder image, which in turn made me want to break more rules than ever. All sorts of 'em. I felt my position in school is being threatened with each passing year, and perception about me is shifting, for no reason at all. The things I was doing were just an extension to what I always did, but what was previously cool wasn't anymore. I was becoming 'wicked' in the eyes of others. It was unbecoming of me. I even stole money from home to play video games (thankfully only for that) and thought it was 'my right' since the oppressive and restrictive environment at home wasn't helping at all. Humiliation and the fear of it, since the start of rahu dasha, was a ghost which always followed me; at times it pinched me and ran away, but with passing of time it was getting bolder in interacting with me. It started grabbing my hand and directing my actions. I had the distinct perception of my awesome memory and grasping powers waning away to nothingness but I didn't tell anyone, because my former glory was somehow still with me. It became a trap. I was lured into self-destruction. On top of that I suffered my first sade sati in that period and it was a time I'd always equate to something worse than hell. Education suffered the most and family had no love for me. I'd rather not talk about it but by the time lord Saturn, in Rahu maha dasa, was done with me, my transformation, to the exact opposite of what I was in Mars dasha was complete. keeping it relatively to the point, I just wanted to highlight the changes.

This was Rahu, sitting in 11th house with his friend, Mercury (which is also my atmakarka and moon Rashi lord), in own nakshatra/sub-lord Jupiter ; Vargottam in D-1, D-3, D-30.

Note: next time someone says Rahu in 11th is always good, send him to me.

Now, just 11 days ago (I know), my Jupiter Mahadasha has started, and I'm cautiously hoping for it to be good. Jupiter has highest shadbala (ratio?) 1.58 in my chart, the two bhavs he own has largest bhavbala as well, Jupiter is supposed to be benefic for aries lagna and is sitting with lagna lord as well, in 2nd house, in sun's nakshatra / sub-lord Venus. And Jupiter is vargottam in D-1,D-3,D-20.

Now that I'm paying much attention to these stuff, I'll update if a miracle happens with me.

But at this point in my life, I'm not very hopeful.