How do we see the sting at the end of Ketu dasa?

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Amy
How do we see the sting at the end of Ketu dasa?

Post by Amy » 23 Apr 2013

Dear All,

I was reading that at the end of Ketu MD, there is a sting in the dasa -- that is, the native faces troubles or suffers losses.

What I am curious to know is, is it possible to predict what kind of reversals the native would face? Would this be dependent on the position of Ketu, or Mercury (since it is the last AD), or transiting planets, or any other factor?

How do we determine what may cause this change?

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks and regards,
Amy

shoemaker
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do we see the sting at the end of Ketu dasa?

Post by shoemaker » 23 Apr 2013

Hii Amy,

Yes, the result of ketu dasha will be dependent upon position of ketu & sign dispositor of it. Ketu mainly gives changes or bad effects when it is close to moon, mercury or in their signs

Regards
shoemaker
Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 was a comet that broke apart and collided with Jupiter in July 1994, providing the first direct observation of an extraterrestrial collision of Solar System objects. Shoemaker-Levy 9 was the ninth comet discovered by Gene shoemaker.

sunnyday
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sunnyday » 24 Apr 2013

Amy,

Yes, as Shoemaker mentioned, ketu dasha will depend upon position of ketu and dispositor.
Coming to the sting at the end of the dasha - From what I've seen it is not necessarily at the end of the dasha - it can be a serious transformation in situations in the beginning of the dasha too - when there are lot of changes at the start of the dasha - the end will be a peaceful transition to venus dasha instead of the heavy dasha chidra.

This I think will depend of the placement of Mercury and Venus in the horoscope - as one enters ketu dasha from mercury - let's say if Mercury was very placed in the horoscope , then the change from mercury to ketu will be felt very heavily by the native - as entire thinking, situation everything changes in ketu dasha and to have such a dramatic change in the person - the native needs to face some situation like that.
About the movement to Venus dasha - if venus is well placed - I feel that last 1.5 yrs or 2yrs of the ketu dasha will start to show some venus qualities too and will be a little more peaceful. No matter what Ketu dasha is really one big experience !

Amy

Post by Amy » 24 Apr 2013

Dear Shoemaker and Sunnyday,

Thanks for your replies! All the points you brought out are really helpful. If you don't mind, I have one more query:

Ketu, Moon and Mercury -- all seem to deal with inner realities, mind/manas, inner thoughts. Is this why a combination of any two in this group is usually not much appreciated? Increases/causes a lot of inner turmoil?

I ask this because, as I understand it, Moon and Mercury are described as being impressionable (getting affected) when they combine with other planets. Similarly, Ketu seems to take away a lot of the physical significations of the planet it conjuncts (I guess that again points to looking at vague aspects of the planet instead of its concrete manifestations??).

I am particularly curious about how Ketu-Mercury combinations might affect Ketu Mahadasa?

Would really appreciate it if you could assist me with this query.

Thank you very much!

@Hemango: I don't know to make predictions, so, am afraid, I can't help. But if you want, you could post your questions in a separate thread, explaining you are looking for assistance on your Ketu dasa. I am sure you will get some helpful guidance.

Regards,
Amy

shoemaker
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by shoemaker » 25 Apr 2013

Hii Amy,

As Rahu is known for expansion, ketu contracts the qualities of planet which is closer to it. Ketu is a headless body of a demon & don't bother about materialistic world, it is a spiritual planet & gives its qualities(detachment,emancipation) to the planet which is in conjunction.Hence it is called as Moksha karaka planet.

In conjunction of Mercury-ketu, the inner qualities of mercury i.e(intellect,memory,speech,communication)
will be compressed or reduced by Ketu & results can be seen in its (ketu)dasha. If Mercury is exalted or in own house then only we can expect mercury dasha will be good.

Regards
shoemaker
Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 was a comet that broke apart and collided with Jupiter in July 1994, providing the first direct observation of an extraterrestrial collision of Solar System objects. Shoemaker-Levy 9 was the ninth comet discovered by Gene shoemaker.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Apr 2013

Ketu is a nusinace planet.......even when wellplaced it's MD will be at best mixed-

Those who face Ketu MD early in life or in the prime of youth......are serving a Karmik debt.....as opposed to those who will hit the MD late in life or never.

Ketu does leave a sting in the tail.....it's a damage at the end of the antara in another lord's MD.......or at the end of the MD period of Ketu.

This means a damage to the native.......and the magnitude of the damage depends on the severity of the maleficity.

let me share some examples in known acquaintances lives.....running Ketu periods that I followed:

1)One gentleman in Europe whose chart and life events I got to know.... who had a well placed Ketu.....near the end of the antara in a single day had a minor bump to his flashy new BMW in the morning.....a dent worth a few thousan dollars....then the same evening he was hit from the side.....another dent...another few 1000 dolars with of hit.
an next day he was caught over speeding on a hidden camera...fine of a 1000 dollar and worse license suspended for 2 months.
this was 2 days before the end of Ra-Ket period.

2) another woman...with Mangal Dosha....and eventually divorced.......first found out about her husband's affair....and declaration that he was leaving her for good a week or two before the end of Ve-Ke anatra

3)my cousin...a month before the end of Ket MD ( and Ketu seated in his 10th house) was given the official notice that his contract at the Nokia HQ in Finalnd was terminated and he had to go back to India.

4) another cousin's friend ...a woman......at near end of the Jup-Ket period had a big break-up socially with two of her best and long standing friends...and the next day also go the news she failed the german exams that she appeared for and was confident in clearing.

Summary---I found that the "sting in the tail" is bad news/ damage/ emotional stress that becomes visible..and hits the native psychologically or materially....
It is generally an event that was probably fated to happen....but that end of the Ketu period breaks the news suddenly and in a hurting way

from the examples above and a few others...the area of bad news event happens to be linked with tsome character / karatwa of the dasanath when it's the end of the antara...for eg. Ra for accidents / vehicles in case-1.....venus for relationships in case-2

AND linked to the house karkatwa which is the location of Ketu ......when it is the end of Ketu MD....such as career when it was located in 10th house.....in case-3

Hope these experiences shed some light on your query realted to the "sting in the tail" of the Ketu period.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Amy

Post by Amy » 25 Apr 2013

Dear Shoemaker ji,

Thanks a lot for that precise explanation! It really helps.

Dear Shilpa ji,

Thanks for some very interesting examples you shared! Your detailed write-up clarified quite a few of the doubts I had been having.
You explained exactly what I had been trying to understand -- how the mechanism of the "sting in the tail" works.

Thanks again for sharing your observations!

With regards,
Amy

vvravi

Post by vvravi » 11 Jun 2013

Hi,
Is the "sting" expected to all natives? I am undergoing Mercury MD with Ketu AD. While there was a small good happening (got married almost at the beginning of the Ketu AD), immediately it was followed by a disaster (within 1 week of marriage misunderstandings arose and husband got separated, almost wants to end marriage, no communication from last 2 months). I am really tired waiting for good times to come. I underwent Saturn MD during the prime time of my life (from age 16 - 35) during which got married twice but both marriages failed miserably. Second one did not also take form of any family life and remained as marriage of only rituals. Now again this. Career also badly affected. Lost job just before Ketu AD started. Is there anything worse that can be expected as "sting"? Emotionally and materially also completely drained. All suicidal thoughts. Any insights regarding this pls......Details 26th April 1975, 3.30 p.m, Hyderabad

vvravi

Post by vvravi » 23 Jul 2013

Saw the sting of Ketu. The last 1/3rd of the ketu antardasha in mercury mahadasha and my marriage collapsed. Lost everything in life, name, honor, love, family, money, hope.......Even the worst on enemies should not see this kind of life.... :cry:

krishnapb

Post by krishnapb » 23 Jul 2013

Hi VVravi,
Sorry to hear this
When Venus is conjuct with Ketu it is bound to detach you from things Venus signifies marriage, relationship...in its Dasha
I would Like to Quote Astrologer Babara Pinjan
"Hope and fear is a feeling with two sides. As long as there’s one, there’s always the other. This is the root of our pain. In the world of hope and fear, we always have to change the channel, change the temperature, change the music, because something is getting uneasy, something is getting restless, something is beginning to hurt, and we keep looking for alternatives.

In a nontheistic state of mind, abandoning hope is an affirmation, the beginning of the beginning. You could even put “Abandon hope” on your refrigerator door instead of more conventional aspirations like “Every day in every way I’m getting better and better.” "

Positive Side may be you might have inclination to spiritual text (one of the example Jyotish). Think of pursuit that that you have started during Ketu Dasha. :|

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 24 Jul 2013

@vvravi; Ur kalathra karakan is in papakarthari/eclipsed luckily by kethu/squared by angarakan.Sukra/Moon
,Moon&Ura/Guru are 6/8,Sat sqrs.Guru.As per ur TOB lagna is fag end of simha.Life events make kanya
lagna apt.(TOB3-40PM).Here hamsa yoga created.In both,L1 in 8th.u r not torn into pieces despite failed unions due to ur Moon having digital strength&in mut.asp with benefic Mer. Sat trine asp.to it also a very plus point.Moon in 7th sign of zodiac with uranus has caused desires for weddings &L7 Guru in own sign also a factor asp.lagna for the poise in ur life.Moon excellent benefic for u.Sukra was damaged but it saved u too.
Be content to spend rest of ur life in spiritual ways though u may be dangled with one more chance of union.

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 24 Jul 2013

@vvravi; By ur life events the best scientific system of Guruji Prof.krishnamurthyji's KP Paddhathi,urs is kanya lagna &Moon in visaka star at 3.40PM.In both lagnas bhava positions of planets same.For kanya lagna ur saturn
dasa period was under heavy evil influences esp. Mars/saturn/Moon grand trine than simha lagna.
Apprently kanya lagna 7th house looks better.But in both cases KP padhdhathi don't confirm so surely for
separation yet kanya lagna explains it better?

vvravi

Post by vvravi » 25 Jul 2013

Thanks srcs and Krishnapb for the analysis. This definitely gives some insights. So for all practical purposes it is better to consider the time of birth as 3.40 p.m......Kanya lagna and Visakha star. In that case, then there would not be any Kuja dosha since now Mars will be in the 6th house and not 7th house. My husband's horoscope is also kanya lagna, Chitra star with clear kuja dosha with his Mars in 7th house. One of the major factors for our marriage was that both of us had mars in 7th house. But if the lagna in my horoscope is now taken as Kanya then Kuja dosha would not apply for me and this would the first negative point between our horoscopes. Can you give some insights in this? His details are 8th January 1972, 11.35 p.m (23.35 hrs), Bangalore.

srcs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by srcs » 26 Jul 2013

@vvravi; For both lagnas surely Ur angharaka not in 7th bhava;For leo lagna Mars in 7th rasi only.
In any case i'ven't told u ur star is visaka but more chances for lagna to be kanya.Star at very fag end of swathi.Ur birth is such jenma nakshatra/lagna are in twilight zones.Why u want 2 analyse ur man's chart
which gone sour?Better leave at that.

krishnapb

Post by krishnapb » 26 Jul 2013

Dear srcs can you tell if ketu is in 8th house with Jupiter in taurus what we can say about its mahadasha

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 08 Aug 2013

good explanation fluid finance...I am running dasa sandhi/chidra myself and running ketu MD with Mercury AD (Until Oct 2013).. Hoping there is no sting in the tail as ketu period has been miserable and woeful as it is
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 08 Aug 2013

I had a terrible ketu dasa. After budha dasa, when ketu dasa started, unexpectedly I lost my father though he was hale and healthy. The shock was so severe I stopped talking to my school mates. Also I was topper at school in budha dasa in my 4th where teachers used to praise me, then in ketu dasa, I became average and then did very well around one to two years before sukra dasa.

But our family overall sufferred a lot because my mother had health issues and sudden loss of my father, she had to take care of three of us, the fourth was already married. It was a terrible experience.
It should have been a karmic thing.
also ketu is closest to mercury in the 7planet combination.

Dev

missile
Contributor
Contributor

Post by missile » 09 Aug 2013

Dear Learned People,

In my case the above topic is very apt. During the end of ketu bhukti in Rahu MD (Ketu bhukti ended on 22-Dec-2010) i made a worst decision of resigning from a well settled job (on 23/03/2010) and there after my career is very unstable till today. Yes i felt the sting at the end of Ketu bhukti.

I would request members to read my horoscope and please let me know will there be any problems during the Ketu Pratyanthandasha which will be between 20/10/2013 to 21/12/2013.

Best Regards,
DoB: 24/03/1977
ToB: 08:55 AM
PoB: Bangalore

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 09 Aug 2013

It need not extend to antardasha as well, I also had very good antardasha of ketu.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 11 Aug 2013

Hi Dev

What is the house ,sign, NK placement of ketu ? How was ketu MD/ Mercury AD before the start of succeeding venus dasha

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Aug 2013

Hi Astro123

Ketu is placed in makara(saturn's house) in the 3rd house from lagna. It is placed in the star avittam ie mars and so is mercury, which is also retrograde.

It started when I was 9 yrs and 3 months old or so, Budha was very good, I came class first and teacher came to my house praising about me to my parents. We were all happy but when ketu dasa started, my father all of a sudden unexpectedly passed away. It was a huge huge shock, totally unexpected. I am the youngest in the family, eldest sister was already married. One other elder sister was just 3 years elder to me and a brother, who is innocent. My mother had health issues. So we were totally shattered and could not easily get away from this disaster to say the least.
In fact when my classmates used to ask me about my father, I used to say he was alive since I could not bear this.
And from being the topper, I became average in studies and isolated in nature.
Then just few months before sukra dasa, I again became very good in studies.

Again Ketu in venus dasa was not very good. But then ketu in moon dasa was good after a very bad moon guru and moon saturn.
Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 13 Aug 2013

Hi Dev

How was your Venus MD of 20 yrs..Are you still running it..Generally speaking ketu in 3rd house of upachaya is supposed to do well ..did you feel any sense of detachment or disillusionment during the dasa though you an it when you were very young

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Aug 2013

Hi Astro:

I was 10 years old then but ketu dasa was terrible. All of a sudden I lost my father who was very healthy and our family was in doldrums. As a young boy, I could not digest and became an introvert. If any student asked about my father, I would say he is alive. I could not digest this since he was an IAS officer and taught me everything, subjects, morals etc. So as a very active child in budha dasa I turned passive.
But just before venus dasa started, I became topper in studies again like in mercury dasa and did well in studies.
Ven with sun, moon, mars, jup were excellent, sat was mixed, bud and ketu were bad.

Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 13 Aug 2013

Dev wrote:Hi Astro:

I was 10 years old then but ketu dasa was terrible. All of a sudden I lost my father who was very healthy and our family was in doldrums. As a young boy, I could not digest and became an introvert. If any student asked about my father, I would say he is alive. I could not digest this since he was an IAS officer and taught me everything, subjects, morals etc. So as a very active child in budha dasa I turned passive.
But just before venus dasa started, I became topper in studies again like in mercury dasa and did well in studies.
Ven with sun, moon, mars, jup were excellent, sat was mixed, bud and ketu were bad.

Dev

So you ran Venus approx. btwn ages 16-36..So did that get you married assuming venus is not afflicted.. What dasha are u running now ?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Aug 2013

No, in my case venus is combust. So it did not give marriage though it is 7th lord.
Several alliances came of course, but they did not go through.
Also one engagement took place but marriage was cancelled by me.
Now it is moon dasa.

Dev