How do we see the sting at the end of Ketu dasa?

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ssnov
Contributor
Contributor
Re: How do we see the sting at the end of Ketu dasa?

Post by ssnov » 20 Feb 2014

Ketu is aspected by vargottam jupiter and ketu is placed in 7th house, but jupiter is also with malefic rahu and mars.. hope it will give marriage soon.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 20 Feb 2014

[quote="Amy"]Dear All,

I was reading that at the end of Ketu MD, there is a sting in the dasa -- that is, the native faces troubles or suffers losses.

What I am curious to know is, is it possible to predict what kind of reversals the native would face? Would this be dependent on the position of Ketu, or Mercury (since it is the last AD), or transiting planets, or any other factor?

How do we determine what may cause this change?

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks and regards,
Amy[/quote]

Very interesting thread!

Insofar as Ketu (shikkhi) is concerned, it often brings revelations!

But there is an associated problem!

Only perceptions can get shared and not more details (birthdata etc!) and that brings in the ever-existent and everlasting element of disbelief! After all, how can we share on public fora what KETU taught?

Yes ketu can have a sting (hence perhaps given the associate rulership of scorpio by an ancient sage?)

We would all love to simplify astrology into some bookish rule and SOPs and so on, but once we enter this JUNGLE, surprises do arrive and embrace us and we LEARN?

Ketu does give moksha, if we consider the moment of moksha as not just the understanding and comprehension of Reality as it stands, but simply a period when we were given an opportunity to face reality and embrace it and grew! And, NEVER alone! I assure you. Swarbhanu, though severed by Gods, always -- as allegories assure us, seems to have gripped the souls of modern seekers quite well! Hence the KSY and all that...?

Now, not all ketu dashas would be like that, because in the mega-framework of Jyotish, if we focus TOO MUCH on a single factor we would be going astray!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 20 Feb 2014

ssnov wrote:Ketu is aspected by vargottam jupiter and ketu is placed in 7th house, but jupiter is also with malefic rahu and mars.. hope it will give marriage soon.
Yep, Hopefully it does. keep trying and I wish you good luck
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 20 Feb 2014

Hey Astro123,

Whats happening? How r u doing these days?

Myhead

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 24 Feb 2014

Myhead wrote:Hey Astro123,

Myhead
Howz it going dude ? Hope you are having a good 2014 -As for me life is as is - Stagnant ! :cry:

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 24 Feb 2014

astro123 wrote:

Myhead
Howz it going dude ? Hope you are having a good 2014 -As for me life is as is - Stagnant ! :cry:
Hey, Itz goin on bud. Good luck to you :)

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 24 Feb 2014

Myhead wrote:
astro123 wrote:

Myhead
Hey, Itz goin on bud. Good luck to you :)
Thank you very much !

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 12 Aug 2014

I just checked the chart of Robin Williams, whose death was announced today. He was going through Ketu-Mercury, the last bhukti of Ketu MD.
Warm Regards

Rita

Ganeshasave
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ganeshasave » 04 Sep 2014

I'm going through ketu MD -Saturn AD . My head is spinning and since reading all the pages on this topic I am feeling better that I am not the only one going through this torture .. So are all of you still here ?? Would love to have some people to talk to before I go completely mad

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 04 Sep 2014

Hi Ganeshsave,

I am in the same boat as you..running Ketu- Sat.

My head spins all the time and I dont know if by the end if this MD I will be alive or not.
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

Ganeshasave
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ganeshasave » 04 Sep 2014

Manyaji I feel exactly the same . I kept reading the topic and every post u had written I felt exactly the same manyaji .. Everyday is a struggle . If I pass through one day without a problem I feel blessed .. My head is spinning and I feel I won't be alive to see tomorrow .. But what to do have to stay and live through it .. Atleast It gave me peace to know there r more people like me .. How many more days of saturn left ? Of the AD which was the worst for u ? Mine has been saturn ...

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 04 Sep 2014

Hi Ganeshsave,

Well, all in all Ketu-Rahu was worst for me, the damage that happened during that period, and the trauma that I had been through, I am yet to come with it.
Ketu- Sat is still not better,though Ketu - Jup gave some relief.

studentH

Post by studentH » 08 Sep 2014

Hi,

My ketu was the worst experience of my life. I havent recovered completly till this day. Last part of it resulted in 2 eye operations so that is how it ended for me. I hope everyone works out for you, you will come out of it somehow but you sure will not be the same person that is for sure.

Ganeshasave
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ganeshasave » 08 Sep 2014

My ketu saturn is going unbelievably bad .. I wonder how the sting will be at the end ?? Did all feel the sting exactly in the last few days ?? Also they say what u get in ketu dasa you will lose it at the end of dasha is that true ??
My details --
Dob- 05/November /1985
Time - 1153am
Place -chennai

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 13 Sep 2014

Ganeshasave wrote:My ketu saturn is going unbelievably bad .. I wonder how the sting will be at the end ?? Did all feel the sting exactly in the last few days ?? Also they say what u get in ketu dasa you will lose it at the end of dasha is that true ??
May the Almighty give u strength to overcome ur issues- Generally ketu being malefic is a difficult dasha to experience- My 7 year ketu MD except for ketu -Venus was a disaster and whatever I lost have been unable to regain and it looks like the damage done has been permanent - It has definitely left me scarred for the rest of my life- Venus MD started Nov 2013 and 10 months later see no positive changes whatsoever

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 13 Sep 2014

Astro123,

Do you think there is a sting at the end of it? How was yours Ketu-Mer?

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 13 Sep 2014

Astro,

It is very interesting, I must say, that the change in MD has not brought any change in your life. It doesn't normally happen that way, but yes, in some cases I have seen that changes didn't come. I am not sure why it is so.

Basab
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

sagiloyal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sagiloyal » 15 Sep 2014

Dear Basab ji,,

I am in the same boat of ketu mahadasha and now in last stage... in 2 months time I will enter into Venus Dasha. Ketu has done severe damage.

Can I expect any significant changes during this transistion ? Can I expect any changes soon when I enter my Venus Dasha.

My Date of Birth is 19th- May-1982,
Time: 11:06 AM
Place: Vizianagaram
State: Andhra Pradesh
India.

Many Thanks.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 16 Sep 2014

manya wrote:Astro123,

Do you think there is a sting at the end of it? How was yours Ketu-Mer?
The sting and bite was present right through the ketu dasha with the exception of 1 year period under Venus AD- and Yes I continue to fell the pain in Venus MD as well :(

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 16 Sep 2014

Orange-Man wrote:Astro,

It is very interesting, I must say, that the change in MD has not brought any change in your life. It doesn't normally happen that way, but yes, in some cases I have seen that changes didn't come. I am not sure why it is so.

Basab
Yep and if anything mental agony has got worse - Venus significations- Luxury, pleasure, relationships, harmony, wealth etc etc- I am experiencing none of them and in fact experiencing a lack of them !

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 16 Sep 2014

astro123 wrote:
The sting and bite was present right through the ketu dasha with the exception of 1 year period under Venus AD- and Yes I continue to fell the pain in Venus MD as well :(
Goodness, I remember your Venus too is in lagna....and me too....
Mine is deb in d9....so now i know how my Ven-Ven is going to be provided i survive this Ketu-Sat...

Orange-Man
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Orange-Man » 16 Sep 2014

astro123 wrote:Yep and if anything mental agony has got worse - Venus significations- Luxury, pleasure, relationships, harmony, wealth etc etc- I am experiencing none of them and in fact experiencing a lack of them !
Oh! That's really strange. Astrology doesn't make sense a lot of times, I feel.

Basab
"Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he will will." - Schopenhauer

samjaff

Post by samjaff » 17 Sep 2014

Hi all,

During rahu-ketu period i was school first in 12th.it gave me honors.That was best time of my life.
Dob 03 oct 1987
time 12.30 pm
Chennai

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Sep 2014

Orange-Man wrote:
astro123 wrote:Yep and if anything mental agony has got worse - Venus significations- Luxury, pleasure, relationships, harmony, wealth etc etc- I am experiencing none of them and in fact experiencing a lack of them !
Oh! That's really strange. Astrology doesn't make sense a lot of times, I feel.

Basab
Yep and my Venus is neither Debilitated, Combust, nor in Dusthana houses and has no connection with the nodes thru aspects/conjunctions/nakshatra lordship whatsoever in D1,D9 and D10

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Sep 2014

manya wrote:
astro123 wrote:
Goodness, I remember your Venus too is in lagna....and me too....
Mine is deb in d9....so now i know how my Ven-Ven is going to be provided i survive this Ketu-Sat...
Yes it is in lagna for me but not Deb in D1 or D9