My Saturn Mahadasha, Part 1/1 : Saturn/Saturn

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
milredr
Re: My Saturn Mahadasha, Part 1/1 : Saturn/Saturn

Post by milredr » 27 Jul 2012

use JHora, Lahiri Ayanamsha (Chitrapaksha), true positions of Rahu and Ketu and - here is the trick - Topocentric positions of planets. That is everything is calculated from your birthplace.

While most software has the default option as Geocentric. That is everything is calculated from the centre of the earth. Even for JHora the default is Geocentric, unless you set it to topo. And you are using Geocentric positions too, without knowing it.

The difference between Geo and Topo is that MDs differ between 6 to 9 months and ADs differ between 2 to 3 months. By my calc, your Sat MD is from 13/12/2005 to 12/12/2024. Sat-sat was from 13/12/2005 to 15/12/2008.

The reason I use topocentric is because that is the way calculations used to be made in the ancient days, when these books were actually written. That is days before not only computers but even printed almanacs or panchangas.

In those days when someone approached an astrologer for his/her chart to be made, what did the astrologer do?? The astrologer went to an open field or on a hill or even his own rooftop. From there he watched the night sky and calculated every position by hand. And thus the location he used was his own location, the native's birthplace.

Varahamihir, in his book brihat samhita has given the Lg for many regions, but all the calculations he did was from his place of residence - the city of Ujjaini or Ujjain - the capital of the imperial Guptas.

VM also conveniently declared Ujjaini to be the right proper centre of the earth. But many others begged to differ. Some claim the centre of earth is the Meru parvat, god only knows where that is.
Coolant one clarification - What setting does K N Rao use?

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 27 Jul 2012

Alright guys..

Lemme continue...
I told by parents, Whatever it is if she is destined for me and if I have to suffer then lemme suffer..She has supported me all the time and she knows how bad my situation is today and my status..Only a gal who knows my true situation can live happily with me and I mean it she is very matured!

So Please forget the match making and Plan for the marriage and Lemme concenrate on my new job.

Now Time to join my new company..It was 22nd September 2008 :) I joined Tiscali with a warm welcome :).
I left everything with God and I do not want to loose what I have got and If I miss this reasoning all these family drama then I have to suffer and at the end money is what is required for me to fullfill all my surroundings expectation..

If I had money then I would not have suffered...Time to make money...

Bye BYe to all and Saturn/Saturn..See you in Part 2.Thanks for keeping your patience to read my crap :).

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 27 Jul 2012

jegdis5 wrote: Thanks for keeping your patience to read my crap :).
:D :D :D :D
Thanks for trusting the audience and sharing your crap :D :D :D

Tiwari

Post by Tiwari » 27 Jul 2012

jegdis5 wrote:If I had money then I would not have suffered...Time to make money...

Bye BYe to all and Saturn/Saturn..See you in Part 2.
What an anticlimax! So, the hero didn't get the heroine? Are you going to give us the story in Part II. I have stopped working on my thesis, man! 8)
jegdis5 wrote:Lemme continue...
I told by parents, Whatever it is if she is destined for me and if I have to suffer then lemme suffer..She has supported me all the time and she knows how bad my situation is today and my status..Only a gal who knows my true situation can live happily with me and I mean it she is very matured!

So Please forget the match making and Plan for the marriage and Lemme concenrate on my new job.
All this sounds reasonable. 8) 8)

Humannature

Tiwari wrote:
So, the hero didn't get the heroine? Are you going to give us the story in Part II. I have stopped working on my thesis, man! 8)
)
LOL LOL
Thanks for the laughs guys :lol:

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 27 Jul 2012

Mili,

No idea. He has not discussed this in any of his books or articles.
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

J5,

Gawd :shock: you can give Ekta Kapoor a heartburn. 8) Btw, hope you are not planning to finance Part 2 from your lottery winnings. :mrgreen: That ain't happenin' most likely. :wink: and as a result TR might screw up her thesis once again. :twisted:

SK

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 27 Jul 2012

SK ji... dont worry I have least chance to win the lottery..
HN, I called it crap becos Nazar nahi hona chahiyena story pein :)..
Tiwari, end is only to Saturn/Saturn man...Saturn MD has many Bhuktis too :)..
If you all want me to continue here then i am happy...i thought of making different posts for different Bhuktis :)...

Tiwari

Jeg,

Yes, please write more. Pure astrology bores me to death. 8) It is this kind of masala that keeps me hooked to the forum. Write more. Contrary to what a certain astrologer here thinks I won't screw my thesis, promise. Write, man, write.

T

milredr

...It is due to 10th house period...I have seen 10th house periods brings great rise in one's career.
I subscribe to this theory too. Happenend to me as well. Infact i started working at the very beginning of the 10th lord dasa. Jeg i finished by saturn dasa too. My life was no where as dramatic as yours :lol:

Regards

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 27 Jul 2012

Jgdis5,

But you said about 25 posts ago you left all this and came back to UK to focus on job. Why didn't you write The End there and end our curiosity?

This is very bad way to end a script - you lose marks for this in creative writing. :twisted: :twisted:

You need professional help before sending this script to a TV show/film maker.

Anyway - as I said, Mars has made you stay away from all this and he will keep on breaking all your marriage prospects which Saturn will bring you. It doesn't help that Saturn is receding from Libra in 7th house.

Saturn-Venus is the time for you to get married. So, avail of this Dasha and get married.

PS - And forget about this topo/geo business. My life events match perfectly with the Mahadasha dates in my software and they match perfectly for others whom I know personally as well.

Tell that girl she is stupid that a man like you is waiting for her and she doesn't want to elope - she should read all the stories from women on LOVA, whose boyfriends made fool of them, ditched them in the end and got married with someone else.

Perhaps she got you too easily so she doesn't realise your value - unless she has a second choice under wraps.

Benefic Rahu in Lagna makes a person mature, worldly wise, financially inclined i.e., materialistic and also a great strategist.

But astrologically, I don't see these 2 natives getting married, or this marriage surviving as I said earlier.

So, if at all you want to get married, do the remedy for Mangal Dosham, recite Subrahmanyam Bhujangam and talk to this girl.

Tell her what's the problem in going for a civil marriage? It's the most legally sound marriage approved by Indian Constitution, so don't call it elopement, call it legally sound registered marriage.

Once you register a marriage, all parties will automatically arrange a proper wedding ceremony for both of you, since they will have no second option left before them. As long as you ask them, they will go for a second option.

But my previous experience with such cases says this marriage may not materialise, because the 2 charts don't show it happening.

Besides, Rahu in Lagna also makes a person change his/her personality suddenly. She may not remain the same with you after marriage. She may make a complete turnaround in her personality and you may get a shock. Be prepared for this.

And this comes from a person who keeps on coming across with people having Rahu in Lagna.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Tiwari

Saindhavi wrote:Jgdis5,

But you said about 25 posts ago you left all this and came back to UK to focus on job. Why didn't you write The End there and end our curiosity?

This is very bad way to end a script - you lose marks for this in creative writing. :twisted:

Tell that girl she is stupid that a man like you is waiting for her and she doesn't want to elope - she should read all the stories from women on LOVA, whose boyfriends made fool of them, ditched them in the end and got married with someone else.

Perhaps she got you too easily so she doesn't realise your value - unless she has a second choice under

Tell her what's the problem in going for a civil marriage? It's the most legally sound marriage approved by Indian Constitution, so don't call it elopement, call it legally sound registered marriage.

Once you register a marriage, all parties will automatically arrange a proper wedding ceremony for both of you, since they will have no second option left before them. As long as you ask them, they will go for a second .
In total agreement here

milredr

by swamykool » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:41 pm
Mili,
No idea. He has not discussed this in any of his books or articles
Coolant,

In his book "ups and downs in career" by K.N.Rao , the author sets out to discuss India's chart. On page no 55 he claims that the balance of Saturn dasha at the time of India's independence was 18 years - 0 Months - 18 days. This balance of Dasha can happen only if his setting is Geocentric. Why would a person of K.N.Rao's stature use geocentric is what I am wondering. Default option of JHora is geocentric as well. Like Saindhavi said, to each his own. But i just wanted to highlight this.
002.JPG
This balance of saturn dasa corresponds to the geocentric setting.
India's Dasha using Geocentric positions.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Humannature

Jegdis,
If anyone here gets a heart attack it will be on your conscience. :mrgreen:
Saindhavi ji,
Don't worry so much. You know how the directors introduce cliffhangers in serials and finally everything turns out great, imagine in the same lines for now. Imagine that he is married and has a kid and let's see if this director will end it like the real directors. :)

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mili,

Maybe, I don't know for sure because he didn't specify anything. Also that book was one of his first books, written in the early 90's. Charts in those books were done by hand and not by computers.

One major point is that KNR used the Local Mean Time of Delhi (00:00) and not IST. IST was not constituted before 1948. And Calcutta and Bombay maintained their separate time zones till 1955 (2 hrs diff between sunrise).

By using LMT, if I use Geo the Sat MD starts from 17/05/1946. If I use Topo the Sat MD starts from 08/09/1945. There is a diff of 9 months. But by both counts Independence was in Sat-Sat.

I cannot say anymore on this as I am not very sure. One will have to ask KNR.

SK

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One point to note, KNR used either the Rashtriya Panchang of GOI or the Vishwa Vijay Panchang of Hardeo Shastri Trivedi for his calculations of planetary positions.

Rashtriya Panchang uses New Delhi as centre and VVP used Varanasi. But both used Drik Siddhanta. There will be minor diff between higher varga positions (like D30) between these two.

But again cannot say for sure. I can only admit that topocentric positions have given me the most accurate results till date.

milredr

Coolant,

In the above example I have quoted(Indian Independence Chart), K.N.Rao has used IST and not LMT. If he had used LMT, the lagna would rise at 13 deg 27' and not 7 deg 16' as mentioned in his article. Using IST, Chandra's degree would be 4 deg 12' and not 3 deg 59' as mentioned in his article.

In an article written on the 1st of June, 2012(Journal of Astrology), with regard to Vishwanathan Anand, he has used geocentric settings, while analysing his horoscope. Vishwanathan Anand's moon is at 16 deg 06' which corresponds to a geocentric setting. If topocentric setting was used then the degree of the moon would be 16 deg 29'. I don't think that K.N.Rao is using topocentric setting IMO.

Regards

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mili,

If that is so, then with all due respect, KNR has used wrong parameters for calculations. IST cannot be used for a period when it did not exist.

Although the difference in planetary positions does not change very much. Even the navamsha is the same. KNR may use Geocentric settings, he has his own reasons I guess. I use topocentric. Thats all.

SK

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 27 Jul 2012

KNR has used wrong parameters for calculations
:D :D
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

Humannature

Saindhavi wrote: Tell that girl she is stupid that a man like you is waiting for her and she doesn't want to elope - she should read all the stories from women on LOVA, whose boyfriends made fool of them, ditched them in the end and got married with someone else.
Not people but circumstances are bad in most cases Saindhavi ji..

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mili,

Independence was in Aug 15, 1947. Indian Standard Time was constituted in Jan or Feb 1948. Before that the British used 3 time zones, Calcutta time, Bombay Time, and either Lahore or Peshawar Time. And the central observatory was in Madras. But it was shifted to Mirzapur, UP, to correspond as closely as possible with GMT, as the new consolidated IST was created.

So for the correct time for independence, LMT is the only correct option.

I don't believe that KNR does not know all these. He is an extremely learned man. But even he doesn't calculate the planetary positions by hand. He used a panchang, and the panchang created this goof-up, mixing LMT with IST. This is my guess.

Another guess is that by his writings it is quite evident that he relied heavily on the data used by Vishwa Vijay Panchang of Late Hardeo Shastri Trivedi, for the study or Independence and Mundane Astrology in general.

In this case VVP used Varanasi as the centre for calculations. So the slight change in degrees may also be explained by this change of location, a distance of nearly 600 kms, so quite diff in Longitude.

But the best thing is to ask KNR himself. 8)

SK

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 27 Jul 2012

This topocentric / Geocentric debate had got me intrigued from some time now. I tried the Topocentric setting for some time, but did not get satisfactory results. I then switched back to Geocentric.

Take the case where K.N.Rao ji has analysed Ashish Nehra's comeback,

http://www.journalofastrology.com/artic ... cle_id=219
http://www.journalofastrology.com/page. ... _horoscope

(Note - As per K.N.Rao ji, Nehra was born on the 15th of October 1978. However, Wikipedia states that his date of birth is 29th April 1979. I dont want to go into who is right and who is wrong. What we are interested in right now is to focus on what setting K.N.Rao ji has used to make his prediction)

As per K.N.Rao ji, using the 15th October 1978 date, His dasha status is as follows,
Ashish Nehra.jpg
This, (Shukra - Kuja - Shukra / 22 May 2009) can be derived only if the setting is Geocentric, and Not Topocentric. It is clear then, that K.N.Rao ji is on a Geocentric setting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, KNR uses Geocentric. That might well be the case.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 27 Jul 2012

milredr wrote:
...It is due to 10th house period...I have seen 10th house periods brings great rise in one's career.
I subscribe to this theory too. Happenend to me as well. Infact i started working at the very beginning of the 10th lord dasa. Jeg i finished by saturn dasa too. My life was no where as dramatic as yours :lol:

Regards
Same with my brother. He got into a job very early in life as his 10th lord period was going on. He has had very good rise in career in the period, which proves Deeps is right.
Last edited by basab14 on 27 Jul 2012, edited 2 times in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 27 Jul 2012

Humannature wrote:Not people but circumstances are bad in most cases Saindhavi ji..
This is very true.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda